New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CLIV

Bar Fight

Wilhelm can't exactly move to follow up against the jellyfish kidnapper he shot, so he simply keeps the gun leveled at him. He can shoot him again if he causes more trouble. Zee looks like she has the other cyborg in hand, and she definitely looks strong enough to take him down.

Entrance

Someone else takes this moment to walk into the bar. She enters through the hole in the window as if there's nothing unusual about entering a building through a hole in the window. There isn't, not to her anyway. The door is blocked.
    She is a seraph, and that means she looks a lot like Zee does right now. Her face is like a young deer fawn's. Six wings extend behind her, two small ones from the back of her head, and larger pairs from her shoulders and hips. Her hide is scaly, pearly, opalescent white along her back and sides and tesselating black triangles on her chest and belly with light leaking through the cracks between. A reptilian tail swishes behind her, and a row of triangular plates pokes out along her spine. Her body is studded with dark eyes ringed with white flesh, looking like accretion disks around black holes.
    Eao steps over the broken glass and into the tavern. She's not here to talk with her mother, but she wouldn't mind catching up before getting to her actual business at hand. She bends down and lifts a glass shard gently from the floor with a bidactyl hoof, turning it over in the light to examine it. She seems unperturbed by the state of chaos in the tavern, or maybe she hasn't noticed. It's honestly hard to tell.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

The young warrior who has sit at the bar for a long time shakes. Like he just woke up from a nap where he had a bad dream. No nightmare thought just something like he droped in hole or such. Maybe it was the shooting that happens here, whcih he just seems to ignore. Mainly for the lack of knowing firearms. He looks around at the mess which seemed to happen and got even more confused at the new arrival. Though his expression is priceless he thinks what to do. That one is even out of what they warned him about. he puls his weapon closer to himself, just in case.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Bar-fight!]

Oh hey a rocket powered chainsaw!

Those sure are fun.

Getting hit dead in the chest by that thing probably wouldn't be any fun at all, even with a body that's basically made of reinforced, tempered glass. To that end, Yezekiel decides to go with the 'deflect' option. She raises one of her wings and angles it just so, causing the projectile to grind its way along the limb before sailing off and savaging that poor innocent stool over there. In the aftermath of its flight there are now shards of glass and broken feathers all over the floor. The wing looks clipped and disheveled, but not badly injured. Ruined plumes are already molting off as new pinfeathers begin growing in.

It's like having built-in ablative armor!

Very handy.

She moves to grab the guy she hauled over with her tail and hoist him off the ground with one of her claws. Probably give him a solid shake for good measure. "Knock it off or things are going to get really unpleasant for you," she warns as she reaches for that bag with one of her hip wings. Probably planning to release the abducted jellyfish.

"I don't allow vigilante justice in my bar," the seraphim replies quite firmly. "Unless you're an Intersection officer with a warrant you can take a hike."

If no hike-taking happens quickly enough for Yezekiel's liking she's going to stuff her free-claw into mid-air next to herself, most of the limb vanishing-

-and popping our right behind the cyborg, aiming to grab him by the collar.

Should she manage to get a hold on him, the limb will snap back to where it's supposed to be in a rather eye-watering display of impossible geometry. Hopefully at that point she'll have both thugs in her grasp.

Then she takes a brief break from scowling at the cyborgs to smile at the bookless wizard.

"Oh yeah, sure!" comes her ever cheerful reply, all sunshine and rainbows. "This is a tavern after all. Advertising for adventures is half the reason we're here."

Eao gets a head-bob of acknowledgement from Yezekiel, but otherwise she's pretty busy right now!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ghost in the Playground

Alucleosepha
    "Well, yes, it does," Pania starts with a smile as she spoke to Cleo, "It means hello. Well, to some of the more traditional of my people there's more to it than that. The sharing of the breath, and by extension the sharing of life. But to me... well I see it just as a friendly gesture of respect. From your reaction... I guess you do not have such a thing in your culture?"

The Hooded Figure
    The world swims back into focus, and the psion becomes aware that the fight has properly unfolded behind her. After what just happened though, she might sit out of this one. Today had been full of the weird, the unnatural, things Pania didn't know possible, but this had been different. Alien in a different way, not just something weird, but an entirely new experience of her senses. and yet, for a moment she had almost felt like she had understood something. Was it the voice?

No, it's okay. I felt it too. Towards the end of it, i thought i could make out your voice. You... you're clearly not one thing are you? You are many." Pania had never heard of the concept of a hive mind, but she was starting to piece together why this figure was so strange. Why it didn't appear to write but could hand her a note, why she had felt many insects crawl over her, why the telepathic experience had been so disjointed and confusing.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Wun perzonnalitie, mani minds too get that way. Is the contents of the next note, confirming Pania's suspicions. The figure nods slightly, or seems to. Quite a complex manoeuvre for the swarm, since it requires moving possibly hundreds of ants.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Trog's

[Bar-Fight]

You know, Zee makes a great point. Waiting till the perfect moment to strike is the better part of Vigilante Justice. Tao has to leave Trog's sometime.
    The first cyborg twists and heads back for the window.
    "Good day to you all!"

The other guy, though, he's already been grabbed pretty thoroughly, and has no further chance to run as his partner leaves him behind.
    He can't even stop her grabbing the bag'o'jellyfish. Who you shouldn't let out of there.
    Squishy is an accomplice, Zee!
    Those tentacles are stained with blood!

[Pania]

Cleo shakes her head.
    "A gesture of respect is best made at a distance, they would say back home. Everyone was terribly uptight there."
    "So you aren't too traditional?"
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2020-01-11 at 08:57 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yezekiel dumps the jellyfish out of the bag.

She wasn't going to leave him in there!

If the little floating critter is a true threat to society then Intersection can do something about it.

The seraphim glares metaphorical daggers at the cyber-thug as he leaves. Then she'll march up to the door and toss the other thug out the door quite roughly.

"Neither of you are welcome here," she informs them. "If I see you in my bar again there will be actual trouble. Got it?"

She doesn't wait for a reply.

Just closes the door.

Slam!

For a few seconds she stands there, looking all foreboding and glowy. Then she lets out a long sigh, shoulders and wings drooping.

"Okay. One more crisis averted. Hopefully that's the last one for a bit..."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Wilhelm sinks back on his stool and relaxes. He doesn't have much else to do, not until he feels well enough to walk again.

Eao, on the other hand, can definitely walk. She waves cheerfully to Zee. "Hello mother! I'm here searching for people to help with my mission." She keeps one of her numerous eyes on the glass shard in her hand, still closely examining it. She sits at a table somewhere towards the middle of the tavern.

My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

And so, Sterling proceeds to rise up onto a nearby table, stumbling slightly as he does. Once atop the table, he taps his cane down upon it twice, the noise reverberating throughout the bar. The well-dressed, scarlet-clothed wizard clears his throat before coughing nervously, stammering for just a second or so before managing to speak. "Y-yes, well."

"Attention, all! Those in need of coin, gather to me! I require the services of skilled delvers!"

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

A Job Offer

Standing at the entrance of Trog's, mewling to try and catch attention, stands a cat. A surprisingly buff cat all things considered, and he'd have to be since he had a rifle on his back, combat armor made of giant scales strapped on, and a hefty set of pouches on his hips. He seems to be passing out flyers seeking a handful of able-bodied people.

Looking for an extra few hard-core adventurers to help track down and investigate a few meownsters! Meowster Mewlinda seeks help and will provided prominent pay proportionate to predators probed! Inquire within!

-Catlonial Meowrines

Master Melinda appears to be a short cloaked figure sitting in a corner, downing a surprisingly number of pints of ale given her own pint-size. While she's hidden from view, she must either be a child or she was only three feet tall as an adult.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Sterling

A seraph approaches the wizard who is advertising. She looks a lot like Zee does at the moment. A cross between a dragon and a deer, dotted with eyes like black holes, with dark triangular scales on her belly and round white scales everywhere else, and glowing faintly. "Hello! What do you need delvers for?" Despite her inhuman appearance, her voice is a woman's voice, and although she's not speaking loudly, it carries well. "I'm Eao."
    Last edited by bc56; 2020-01-12 at 09:33 PM.

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Crypt Explorers

Sterling's anxious rises over the following several seconds until, finally, someone from the crowd steps forward. "Oh, by the stars! Thank the creator." He somewhat clumsily steps off of the table before glancing towards Eao, his expression... somewhat bewildered.

The seraph's appearance was... disconcerting. The wizard offers a hesitant hand to shake before continuing. "Erm, yes. I am called Sterling St. Claire. There exists beneath a particular library, I'm told, a crypt wherein secrets are stored! "

"Venture forth with me, keep what valuables there are to find. I am there simply for the knowledge contained within. What... did you say your name was? M-miss?"

Random Encounter

Just outside the tavern, a cacophony of desperate footsteps and panicked shrieks converge. Citizens of Inside begin to pound upon the door to the bar and pile on into the building, tossing others to the ground or knocking over tables in their rush to escape whatever was pursuing them. Others sprint past the tavern windows, scurrying for cover within nearby alleyways or attempting to take refuge within adjacent structures. The panic builds for several seconds until the source becomes readily apparent. A lone figure stumbles wildly through the streets about thirty feet behind a crowd of fleeing civilians!

The man cackles as he lurches forward, surrounding by an aura of dangerous flames which scorch the very ground around him, causing the air to blur and distort around him. With every step, the ground below him melts away slightly, leaving a trail of molten asphalt and cement to mark where he'd been. With every gesture, a blast of white-hot fire soars forth from the figure's hands, igniting small businesses and unlucky civilians.

As he draws closer, his attention is drawn to the tavern, and to the desperate citizens attempting to seek refuge within. Their attempts at escaping their fate infuriated him!

--

Upon command, a raging inferno is unleashed in the direction of the tavern, the fires causing the windows to burst in from the outside. Flames lick the walls surrounding the windows, scorching the wood into blackened planks. The gust of fire dies out quickly, but those nearest to the windows likely find themselves bathed in superheated shards of glass.

From outside, the figure shouts out madly.

--

Spoiler: Arsonist
    Show
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-01-12 at 10:25 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Cryptsplorers

"I'm Eao! Lost knowledge sounds great! I would love to join you!" Eao seems very excited. She loves libraries, and books, and learning new things. Going into a crypt to find forgotten secrets sounds awesome to her.

My Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ghost in the Playground

The Hooded Figure
    "Hmm, so I was right. Or at least was partly right. I think... I think I might like to try again." Pania hesitated for a moment, and then continued, "But perhaps not immediately. I would like to rest a little first, and finish my meal."

Alucleosepha
    "I see. And, well, I used to be, but the events that led me here," she gestured at the tavern in general, "have changed that quite rapidly. There is a lot that my people didn't know, and evidently much more that I have to learn."

Job Offers
    The promise of paid work likely involving fighting did intrigue Pania, but she had had enough excitement for the day. She still had to get through this meal (very tasty!) and ponder on any more questions she might need to ask Zee later. If the scaley-wing-eyes thing was Zee. But she was pretty sure they were by now. So while she took the flyer, and looked towards where Sterling stood, she didn't make any move towards them.

Well, that was what she was planning, until...

Random Encounter
    Screams. Outside there were screams. People were scrambling into the tavern, terrified of something. And all of a sudden a wave of heat smashed into to tavern, shattering the windows, and she saw flames scorching the wood of the building. Someone was cackling about burning everyone outside.

Oh for [FRICK]'s sake!

Pania grabbed her weapon once again, rising out of her seat, anger quite literally radiating off her to the point that others nearby might actually feel her anger themselves. Not witness it, but feel it. "Pokokōhua!" she cursed, "Just let me sit down for five whole minutes and finish my [FIRETRUCK]ING MEAL!!!"

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Cryptsplorers

Sterling nods before glancing over to the chaos which has just enveloped half of the inn. "This place is awful. There's a backdoor over here, and we've no time to spare!" At that, he'll turn and dash... all the way to Inside.

16. - Top - End - #46

[Bar-Fight Concluded]

The remaining cyborg is bodily thrown out the door.
    Right in front of a panicking crowd and super-powered pyromaniac.
    I'm sure he'll be fine.

"Uh, thanks for that, guys."
    Tao says. "Let me buy you a drink." he offers Wilhelm (not Zee. Zee isn't a person, and anyway it would be silly to buy her a drink at her own bar.)

"I really have no clue what those guys were after."
    "..."
    "But honestly I have trouble remembering anything before Thanksmas, so it's possible I really did do something awful they needed revenge for?"
    Whatever. He can worry about that later.

And what's that giant cat going on about? Flyers? A job? He ambles over to get a flyer and then heads back to the bar to look it over for a moment.

[Pania]

Cleo nods. "Yeah, and that never stops. There's always more surprises to learn about here."

Then the remaining windows explode.
    Zee had to say "Hopefully that's the last one for a bit...", didn't she?

"If you want time to finish a meal, try the Dancing Fox Inn." Cleo snaps, flush with Pania's overflowing anger. "Not likely to get it here."
    She finishes her drink in one long sip and stands up to survey the new chaos, starting to hum a certain irrelevant song.

Hmm. Explosion, heat generated. Sudden burst, not a sustained burn. They'll have to deal with this at the source.
    Seven-layer cloak is at home, no use here. Use water.
    Enemy attacking people indiscriminately?
    Her hand goes to the hilt of her sword, ready for what happens next.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

[A Job Offer]

A rather tall woman enters the tavern. There's a long-hafted hammer strapped to her back, as well as a small axe and warhorn at her belt. A white owl is sitting on her shoulder as she strides towards the cloaked figure in a corner.

"You seem to be in need of monster-slayers," she says.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

A Job Offer

The hooded woman pulls back her cloak, revealing pink-purple skin, large and bright blue eyes, and two large goblinesque ears with a braided mop of black hair between them. "Nah. Not really monster slayers unless it comes to it. Hunters, trackers, investigator types, that sortsa stuffs, ya know?" She tries to explain. "Got a whoooooole rash of critters actin' all strange like an' we're being sent to check them out. I need people ta help subdue or kill the animals and then guard me while I do some field vivisection and take samples or make notes. Getting arms deep in guts and blood. That gonna be an issue?"

19. - Top - End - #49

A Job Offer

As the hooded woman reveals herseld her words caught the attention of another person. A dark haired man, maybe in his early 30 comes closer. The man is quiet tall with 1,90 m in size. He wears a full plate which makes it hard to judge his body, but since he moves smoothly in this one he can't be that weak.

"If its just guarding you and killing animals I would like to join in." he says.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

The hooded figure bobs its head in acknowledgement of Pania's wish.

Then, somebody burst in and started throwing fire around! The hooded figure recoils from the flame, molten glass landing on the robe. The robe simultaneously collapses, a swarm of ants writhing out from the robe and scuttling under the floorboards, disappearing from sight.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

A Job Offer

The questgiver looks the newcomer up and down with an appraising eye before quirking an eyebrow out of worry. "Jus' ta let ya know, we'll be heading to a pretty warm an' tropical mountainous jungle. Gonna get hot an' humid. You gonna be okay in that tin can, Biggun?" She asks, sounding concerned.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

[A Job Offer]

"Hunting and tracking is fine with me, regardless of the goal," the woman says. "My name is Arinema, from Vigil. I've seen more than my share of blood and guts."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

23. - Top - End - #53

Default [A Job Offer]

Tao walks over to Meowster Mewlinda in time to hear the end of that.
    "We'll be discovering what's made them all strange, then?"

The fact that she's so tiny makes him feel better about how big and heavily armored the other two applicants are. Even counting Tao's antlers, the dark-haired man is taller. To recap, he's less than five feet tall, looks kinda silvery, carrying at least three guns and wearing a big red jacket.
    "I could do that."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Random Encounter

Another tavern-goer rises up to the occasion, downing a frothing mug of Trogbreu before drawing a sword at her side. The woman is tall and quite well-built for an elf, with chestnut colored hair set back in a tight ponytail. Scars dance along her rugged flesh, curling around an angular chin and prominent cheekbones. A suit of leather armor obscures much of her body save for her shockingly muscular arms, which are exposed at the elbow. A thin metal breastplate offers additional protection, and a pair of thick trousers descend into tall, fur-lined boots. A cloak falls from her shoulders.

She glances back towards Pania and Cleo before scoffing. "Well, what are you fools waiting for?!" With a confident laugh, she rushes out towards the tavern's exit, leaping through a window and rolling into a dead sprint towards the pyrokinetic laying siege to the bar.

As she draws closer, she raises her sword up into the air! Runes along the sides glow proudly as she shouts out, "By the Goddess, I strike you down!"

--

The blade is lowered with great speed, but not fast enough. With a savage growl, the pyrokinetic clenches both of his bandage-covered hands into fists, causing a globe of superheated air to burst out from him. The air blinds the elven warrior, burning at her skin and licking away patches of flesh. She screams, and her sword clatters at her side.

Capitalizing upon her mistake, the pyrokinetic grabs at her face, ramming superheated thumbs into exposed eye-sockets. In seconds, the elf's head is melted away entirely, flesh and bone dripping down onto the pavement.

Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-01-15 at 01:52 AM.

25. - Top - End - #55

[A Job Offer]

"Don't worry." he replies. "If I know about it I can prepare myself."

He nods at the other two merchants. "My name is Eon."

26. - Top - End - #56

Some time after last time

A woman comes through the mirror-portal that's between the Temple of Inari and Trog's Tavern.

She's...tall for a human woman but that's not saying much when there's guys and nonhumans around. Pretty strong, too, but not beefy. Short hair that's probably chin-length.
    She's dressed in all white: white skirt, white tunic, white hat, and so on. In her arms are a bunch of men's clothes.

And her shadow doesn't match her at all: her shadow looks like it belongs to a man that's even big for being a man.

Once through the portal, she looks around to re-orient herself. Okay, good: the door's over there. There's...well, there's a lot of things going on. But all she has to do is cross the tavern without getting involved in any of the things.

Hoping she can avoid everything, she starts running (brisk run? jog?) to get across the tavern to the doorway.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

A Job Offer

The Yordle gives a nod, big ears flopping a bit as she does so. "Aye. We'll be lookin' into why the critters have been encroaching upon civilized territory and attackin' folks. There haven't been any lives lost so far, but we at least know it ain't rabies." She gives a frown, reaching out to snag her next tankard of ale and finish the entire thing off in one smooth go. "I'm the closest thing to a naturalist out in some parts so I was tasked with checking things, but I gotta get some fresh specimens in order to test or examine anything. Jungle heat is not conducive towards the preservation of corpses." She says with a shake of her head, once again causing her ears to flop a bit. With a sigh she hops off her stool, standing much much shorter than the others present and tosses a small pouch of coin to the bar to pay for her drinks. "We head on out in a couple hours. Do yer prep work an' expect to be camping out in the field for a week or so. It'll take us a fair bit to get to the afflicted region. The APC will be waitin' out front." She promises, signalling the Meowrine at the doorway to go get it prepped.

"Oh, right, they call me Master Melinda, but call me Mally or O'Mally or Melly. Anythin' is fine."
    She gives a deep bow, or as deep of one that someone of such a small stature could give.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2020-01-15 at 08:10 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

A woman walks into the bar looking rather unsure of herself. She is just over 5 feet tall, with shoulder length, light brown hair. She's undeniably very attractive; her body is curvy and her gait puts a sway in her hips. However, her face shows more than just a little distaste for her state. Everything's been strange since she was turned into a woman that night at the Den. She's wearing a white shirt, a pair of black leggings, and a black choker around her neck decorated by glass beads. She walks up to the bar, seats herself, and orders a drink. She looks around the bar, watching the usual chaos going on, sips her beer, and looks for anyone who might be a good source of information. Jason Fisher is cursed, and she needs that curse broken.

My Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

[A Job Offer]

"I already have everything I need," Arinema says. "I'm ready to leave whenever the rest of you are."

30. - Top - End - #60

Something driving the animals out of their natural home, it sounds like. But what?
    That's the mystery.
    "Right. Well, I'll need to pick up a few things before a trip into a jungle. Name's 'Tao'. Meet you outside."
    Never been to a jungle before. They were all before his time. Just fantastic storybook places like rivers or candy mountains. But apparently in the Nexus they're real.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine