New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CLIV

Jason returns through the portal to the fox temple, looking slightly disheartened and still very female. That was a bust. She finds a table and sits down unhappily. She clearly needs a drink.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well

tbh

Zophiel has to visit the restroom, for some reason.

Before ordering anything, she stands up and starts to walk over there, and...Oh! It's that person. Their timeline is totally out-of-sync but that's okay, nobody minds.

As she walks past, she taps Jason on the shoulder. "Didn't work out, huh?" she says in an apologetic tone of voice. Actually, Zophiel can see how disheartened Jason looks. Maybe she can put it off for a little while longer...

The paladin sits down next to Jason. She buys a drink for Jason, which the bartender grabs and puts down on the table. "Don't worry, it'll eventually work out," she says.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-02-22 at 04:09 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh. No, it didn't." Jason definitely appreciates the drink. "I hope you're right. I don't want to be stuck like this." She would probably eventually get used to it, but she doesn't want that to happen.

My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #94

"While there's lots of different possibilities to do it," Zophiel muses, "I guess the real hard part is finding which one works for you."

Zophiel orders a drink for herself, as well. It's pretty awkward just sitting there while somebody else is drinking. "So have you got the curse part gone?" she asks. "Or...is it partially taken care of? I have...some experience with this sort of stuff, so maybe I could help come up with a way forward."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

"It's still there," Jason explains, "Just under control." She points to the high-tech looking choker she's wearing. "What would you suggest? I don't have any experience with magic." She doesn't. She's a tech hero, not any sort of mage.

My Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #96

Okay, so Zophiel isn't exactly an expert at magic either. She mostly meant 'being forcibly changed' but she's...okay-ish at magic. Not really, but is good at magic seals.

"Obviously, the thing to do is to find someone who can unravel hexes or directly manipulate magic,"
    she says, "in the same way you can do tech stuff. If you look around enough, you'll find someone who can do that."

The paladin takes a drink. "I have a lot of experience making magical seals that could seal away the curse," she then adds. "I imagine it'd probably work better than your choker, but...it'll still be there. Just not active, I believe. Maybe it will only partially work...but if you want, I could try doing that. Would still recommend finding a magic expert afterwards, though."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

"That sounds better than what I have. If it ever breaks down, I go fully contagious again. I don't want that to happen." Jason assumes Zophiel was under the same curse she's got, and therefore understands how it works. "What would this deal do? How would it work?" Jason really doesn't understand magic.

My Nexus characters

8. - Top - End - #98

Zophiel was, in fact, under the same curse! Even got it spread to by the same person, as it happens.

"Well, basically," she says, beginning her explanation, "there's three parts to the curse, right? The transmission vector, some minor mental stuff, and the whole..." she gestures at Jason "body changing aspect. I'm not good enough to directly manipulate magic, so I've got some enchanting ink with me" in case of emergencies "that would indirectly allow me to alter it through your skin. With it, I could easily seal away the first part of it, and after a few days you'll absorb it or adapt to it or whatever, and it'll remain sealed away."

Now, time for the bad news. "Unfortunately...I won't be able to completely change or seal away the other two aspects of it without interfering with the first. It'll only partially change you back." And if your body adapts and you absorb the magic after a couple days, you'll have to find a different method to change back the rest of the way, because it would end up changing your 'base'. "I assume you'll want me to ensure the mental changes are fixed first, but if I do that I imagine I'll only be able to fix the body changes halfway." 47%, to be exact.

"Are you okay with that?" she asks. "If so, we should probably go somewhere more private, because I'll need access to your skin."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

"That sounds like a good idea. Jason responds.' Sealing part of the curse away seems better than letting it run rampant. Jason has another idea though. "But maybe don't revert the physical changes yet? I don't want to need to get used to another new body before being back to normal." None of her clothes would fit anymore. That would be awkward. And she'd have to do another set of alterations to her superhero costume. She gets up and starts heading to the restroom, slightly embarrassed about the whole process.

My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #100

Yeah, that makes sense. Zophiel knows how hard it is to get used to a new body. Not to mention, it's probably easier for Jason to find someone who can fully change her body back rather than someone who can finish changing a partially-fixed body.

She nods. "Yeah," she says. "I'll do that, then." With some weird black mist or something, Zophiel changes her own seal to allow her to see the magic more easily.

She gets up and follows Jason over to the women's restroom.
    Where...
    there's Zee dropping ignited acorns into a crack.
    "...Hi," Zophiel says to Zee. "Excuse us."

She leads Jason to a large stall and closes the door behind them, and instructs Jason what to do and where to stand and to remove the hologram-illusion if possible, to make things easier. Zophiel removes her large sword from her back, and grabs the waterproof magic-infused enchanting ink, and...

...does what she said she'd do. Seals away the transmission vector, and then works on the mental aspects of the curse, but leaves the physical aspect there and active.

When they're done and it dries a few minutes later, Jason will be sporting shiny new ink! lines on her back, chest, neck, arms, and a small pattern on her face. "There," Zophiel says. "It's waterproof so you don't have to worry about that. Keep it on for three or four days, until you finish absorbing and adapting to the magic, then you can scrub it off."

And they can open the stall door.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

As they pass by, Jason also greets Zee. She knows her from the whole incident where she got cursed, although Zee had her own way to recover. Once in the stall, Jason deactivates and removes her choker, then her shirt. She waits patiently, albeit awkwardly, as Zophiel draws the seal on her. She's surprised by how intricate it is and how much of her body it covers. When the two emerge from the stall the markings aren't entirely hidden by her clothes. She feels like some sort of weight has been lifted off her mind. She wasn't really aware of the mind-altering effects of the curse, but now that they're gone, she feels a bit more like herself. "Hopefully, I'll have this all sorted out before then." Her voice doesn't sound quite so hopeful though.

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #102

The reason why it's so awkward is because Zophiel can only really indirectly interact with the hex, and you have to do complex things to avoid mistakenly affecting the wrong part. Like, sure, some of the lines are there to affect and seal away the curse, but other lines are only there to prevent the previous lines from affecting the wrong things.

"Yeah," Zophiel says. Hopefully it's sorted out. "Don't worry, it'll work out. These sorts of things always work out, one way or another."

The paladin grabs her sword, puts everything away, and finally gets a chance to see what's going on.
    ...What even is that crack for? she wonders.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Jason continues to look and feel a bit awkward, but a little better. She looks at Zee poking around a weird hole in the ground. "Hey Zee. What are you doing?" Her curiosity is starting to get the better of her. Even transformed like this, she's still an adventurer.

My Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #104
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Mysterious Holes]

"Looking down a mysterious hole," Zee replies in a generally unhelpful way. It should be pretty clear that she's looking down a hole.

The fact that it is in a bathroom is also pretty mysterious.

"Hoping that it isn't full of mummies," she adds. "Smells dry and musty. Not spicy, though. So maybe just spooky abandoned house instead of mummy crypt."

Then her acorn reaches the bottom and-!

"Yep. Big fancy bedroom down there. Probably a haunted, abandoned house."

She gives a long-suffering sigh as she pulls another acorn out of her pocket. It begins growing.

And growing!

Growing really big until it pops open into a long roll of silk rope!

Handy.

Zee begins tying one end of the rope to the convenient decorative sword in an anvil on a stone in the woman's bathroom and tosses the other end down the fissure.

"I'm going to head down there and make sure it isn't full of things that will come up here and be a nuisance. The dungeon in the wine cellar is already enough of a hassle. I don't suppose you feel like an adventure?" Zee asks.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

15. - Top - End - #105

[Mysterious Holes]

"Really? A bedroom? In the restroom?" the paladin asks. She walks up to the hole to look down it. "That's...weird. There's not a bedroom like that in the basement?" she asks.

"Yeah. I'll go with," she says. "Sounds like there's something mysterious going on. It definitely should be checked out."
    Shortly after the rope is secure, Zophiel climbs down it into the mysterious bedroom.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Previously...

Quote Originally Posted by Birb
    [Nestcurl]

Heck yeah, High places are cool.

The idea that Reinholdt had been finding a roundabout way to say that Kestrel wasn't beautiful didn't even occur to her. When he did call her beautiful, however, she blushed and looked away, stammering out a shy, "u-um, thanks..." Fortunately for the small bird, he quickly moved onto new topics, giving her an easy escape from her fluster.

Her brow did furrow at the mention of HALO, but any confusion was quickly cleared up by Reins explanation. "Sounds like quite a useful organization then. Well, probably." For all she knew they could be total garbage at doing studies for the good of all. That would likely be rude to say to someone who works for them though.

It was at that moment her brain finally registered something that had been said earlier. That excited look in her eyes returned as she blurted out, "wait, you can fly!?"
    And now...

[Scratchpeck]

Reinholdt nods. "It is. We helped solve a meme virus awhile back that ravaged Inside's non-human population." Terrible virus that.

Rein's grin returns twice as wide. "Yeah I can. Side effects included, but that doesn't stop me." Rein starts floating upwards until he's a few inches off the bar stool just to show his point. He's definitely flying. Or at least, levitating. He also turns entirely pink, skin and hair, to match his eyes. After a moment, the color fades and he floats back down to his seat. "It's not the best thing that ever happened to me, but it's close and I sure didn't do anything to deserve it."

The treasure hunter nods at Kestrel. "What about you? Can you fly?" He's been wondering about that for awhile now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Weird Hole

Jason peers down the hole. "That's strange. I'll come too." She prepares to follow Zophiel down the rope to whatever is below. Maybe she should get some of her gadgets? No, it'll be fine.

My Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #108
    Halfling in the Playground

[Adir and Zefir]

"I don't work for VIGIL, C4." Adir says. "I don't know if I ever mentioned working for them to you. For Watchtower, maybe."

"But then, you're not actually a pyrotechnics guy, are ya?" The stag goes on. "Or at least, it's not the only thing you do." He glances down at the table. "See, I got a couple things to ask you about, C4, my masked old buddy. See, it might sound weird at first, but I've got this powerful sense of smell. Damn near unbeatable, my nose."

He points at C4. "So can ya explain to me why is it I could smell you around both the site of the battle in Riverside and again inside AMEN? Can ya tell me why that is?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

Crack in the Wall

Despite having swallowed the toilet, the crack is, in fact, mostly in the wall. Climbing down isn't necessary- though it might be useful as they are about to enter a pocket dimension.

Inside, it's a richly appointed room. There's purple silk wallpaper, the fourposter bed has a mahogany frame and looks incredibly soft, there's an ornate mahogany wardrobe, a matching writing-desk and a chair to go with it. The doorhandles are all made of gold and shaped into seashells, there's a complex mosaic in the surface of the desk showing a coat-of-arms, made from semiprecious stones, and there's a painting of a young boy in archaic dress above the desk. The room is lit by a pair of standing-lamps with glass candles in them, though they aren't lit; glowing through magic. There's also a window, but it's hidden by a pair of curtains.

There's a few major oddities; the ornate doorframe has normal wall inside it, not a door, and the same may be true for the the window. There's also a simple standing mirror, blatantly incongruous with the rest of the decoration, with a brass frame. It's been turned so it's facing the wall.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

20. - Top - End - #110

[Crack in the Wall]

Zophiel gets down and starts looking around: this place is very fancy. A bedroom for thee kid's mother, perhaps? she wonders.

"Strange," she says, walking around to get out of the way of the others who are entering. "Is this place even connected to anywhere?" Judging by the door, probably not. Looks like it was supposed to, or used to, but currently isn't.

She walks towards the backwards mirror.
    Unlike all my other characters, Zophiel doesn't have bad experiences with mirrors yet, so she's curious about why the mirror is backwards. Harley would have immediately understood why the mirror was that way, but...

Zophiel grabs the frame of the standing mirror and starts to turn it around.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

Hole in the Wall... Bedroom?

Jason looks around, slightly confused. "Why would this be down here?" She wanders over to the wardrobe and peers inside. Maybe she can find out what sort of person lived here.

My Nexus characters

22. - Top - End - #112

[Furnishings Fissure]

Climbing down couldn't be too hard. That's why Zee brought a rope!

Adventurers should always have rope on hand just in case they need to partake in some rope-related activities.

Regardless, Zee looks around the room a bit puzzled.

"Doesn't have sheets draped over everything like most spooky haunted houses do," Zee observes as she runs a finger along the top of one of the desks to see if dust has accumulated. "Those sheets are important since they keep dust of AND serve as something for phantoms to spook people with."

Spooking is very important.

"This might just be a portal into a completely normal person's bedroom. Makes me wish I knew stuff about portals," Zee muses. "Isn't there someone at VIGIL who's super into portals?"

The answer to that question is yes. Geneva Richards is super into portals.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

Bedroom Prison

There is no dust in the room. Everything is impeccably clean; if Zee checks, even the chamber pot is clean.

Inside the wardrobe there's a lot of very expensive garments. Mostly silk, velvet and leather, all clean and neatly folded and hung. It's sized for a child, and is masculine; a boy aged between twelve and fourteen, possibly a little younger if he's had an early growth spurt. There's a locked jewellery box in the bottom, and some fine shoes. All the clothing is quite old-fashioned; breeches, and culottes, tunics, doublets and jerkins. The boots are black, with gold buckles.

The mirror is turned around! It doesn't reflect Zophiel. It does reflect the room, but... everything looks different. There's shards of ceramic across the floor, from a shattered chamberpot. The curtains have been pulled off the wall, revealing the 'window' is featureless wall. The bedclothes have been thrown off the bed, spilling feathers everywhere and the lamps knocked over. The wardrobe hangs open and the clothing inside has been thrown around... Somebody, it seems, has thrown a serious tantrum. Probably the boy sleeping on the bed, wearing a red doublet and matching culottes, though he's taken off his shoes. He's probably about twelve, maybe thirteen. He's got coffee brown skin, thick black hair and his eyes are closed, but if he is the boy in the painting (which, given his attire and the close resemblance between the two is likely) are deep purple.

24. - Top - End - #114

[Bedroom Prison]

Zophiel moves the mirror around the room to get a better look around the alternate room.

"Hey, the room through the mirror looks very...used."

She gets over to the bed and sees the boy there. "And occupied," she adds. Noting the absence of the window, she adds, "But still no way out in there."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Weird Sealed Underground Bedroom

Jason comes over to look at the mirror. "That's odd. I wonder who he is?" She taps gently on the mirror without really thinking about it. "Is he aware of us?"

My Nexus characters

26. - Top - End - #116

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Adir and Zefir]

"I don't work for VIGIL, C4." Adir says. "I don't know if I ever mentioned working for them to you. For Watchtower, maybe."

"But then, you're not actually a pyrotechnics guy, are ya?" The stag goes on. "Or at least, it's not the only thing you do." He glances down at the table. "See, I got a couple things to ask you about, C4, my masked old buddy. See, it might sound weird at first, but I've got this powerful sense of smell. Damn near unbeatable, my nose."

He points at C4. "So can ya explain to me why is it I could smell you around both the site of the battle in Riverside and again inside AMEN? Can ya tell me why that is?"
    [Adir and Zefir]

"Oh I thought 'doing a lot of work helping out VIGIL.' could be seen as working for Vigil, my bad." he replies.

He narrows his eyes as he hears it. This is kinda bad. He can't Adir right away, but this may also be the way out. At least he is happy it wasn't an obviouse mistake he made. Powerfull sense of smell isn't something you just assume anyway.

"Well, I was at Riverside durubg that time, but I couldn't tell you where exactly. It was a run for your life day. As for AMEN, well I can't explain that. Maybe they bought some stuff we sell. We do sell some of our stuff since hireing us makes to less profit. We sell to a few traders so there is a chance they bought it from them in some way."

The last one is true, thought it's not for that smell and more for a fact that Zefir uses his own materials to build his bombs. Also getting some of AMEN's resources into his own bag.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

27. - Top - End - #117

[A Room with a Mirror]

Zee glances up from her inspection to peer at the mirror.

Ruined room.

Sleeping kid in bed.

"Mirror magic stuff is weird as heck," she concludes.

Then crossing her arms she gives the room one final visual survey.

"It doesn't look like there's anything actually threatening going on down here. I'm going to get back up into the tavern before Cosmo manages to offend the wrong person. If anything dangerous starts happening just give me a holler, okay?"

Then she'll move to climb back out of the room!

Seems she was mostly just interested in making sure the crack wasn't a threat to Trog's. If it's just a fancy room with a magical mirror in it then it's lower on her priority list than making sure people up top have sufficient sandwiches.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

Dungeon Dimension

Zee isn't stopped from leaving.

Jason taps on the mirror, and the boy stirs. He sits up, stretches and glances at the mirror, jumping in surprise. He tilts his head and climbs out of the bed, stepping cautiously closer. "Can you hear me? Who are you? Why are you in that mirror?" He's not very loud, muffled by the mirror, which he gestures to at the last.

29. - Top - End - #119

[Dungeon Dimension]

Zophiel looks back at the kid.
    She definitely doesn't look intimidating at all, except for the massive sword on her back. And the fact that she's still a little tall. And kinda muscular-toned.

"Hi," she responds. "I can hear you." She glances over at Jason to make sure she can hear him as well. "Can you hear us?" She tries to speak loudly and clearly, to overcome the muffling effect.

"We climbed through the crack in the wall over there." Zophiel points in the direction of the crack in their version of the room.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Adir and Zefir]

"Oh I thought 'doing a lot of work helping out VIGIL.' could be seen as working for Vigil, my bad." he replies.

He narrows his eyes as he hears it. This is kinda bad. He can't Adir right away, but this may also be the way out. At least he is happy it wasn't an obviouse mistake he made. Powerfull sense of smell isn't something you just assume anyway.

"Well, I was at Riverside durubg that time, but I couldn't tell you where exactly. It was a run for your life day. As for AMEN, well I can't explain that. Maybe they bought some stuff we sell. We do sell some of our stuff since hireing us makes to less profit. We sell to a few traders so there is a chance they bought it from them in some way."

The last one is true, thought it's not for that smell and more for a fact that Zefir uses his own materials to build his bombs. Also getting some of AMEN's resources into his own bag.
    "Uh-uh," Adir shakes his head, but his eyes never leave C4. "This was fresh, buddy. Strong. Like you woulda had to be there. If it were just your stuff, I couldn't have picked it up like I did."

"Listen... C4... we been pretty tight since my wedding, and I don't think you're a bad guy. But... even good guys make bad calls sometimes. I can still help you get away from those decisions, but you gotta stop lying to me, man. Please. I'm your friend. Who are you? Really?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters