New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CLIV

Larza simply blows a kiss towards Solstice as she leaves for the upstairs.

This was not a good thing, probably.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Titan in the Playground

As Solstice passed by Larza, she uneasily looked the goblin's way. Ugh, what a fake gesture. This creature was an affront to everything wholesome and decent.

Solstice stuck her nose up and went on her way, climbing the stairs.

Oh well, forget that nasty thing. Soon she'd have some rest.

[Upstairs]

Solstice walked to the end of the hall. She stopped before her door rummaging through her satchel for the brass key. Hm, all these paper notes in the way made this kind of annoying...

If not disturbed, Solstice will get into her room for a nice night of rest, and other activities left unexplained: for example what exactly she eats.

>>> Briefly in Home Thread
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2020-09-07 at 07:25 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Titan in the Playground

[The Next Morning]

Ah, another day, another dollar.

Trogs was bustling as normal, seemingly at all times, and this morning was no exception with the myriad of beings eating, drinking, chatting, or otherwise kicking back to relax.

There really was a fantastical menagerie of all sorts of people and things here.. but maybe today, a naked girl running in from the patio area took the cake. That sighting was extremely brief, however.

Scampering in as if running from something that was literally trying to eat her (yes, that damn dumpster mimic was!), she quickly darts over to the bar and ducks behind it, trying to cover herself with her limbs all the while. Thankfully, her long, fiery-red hair helped conceal things too.

"Zee!" Solstice peeked her head above the bar counter and looked about desperately for the friendly barmaid whom she had dealt with before. "Zee!" she furtively hissed again, with a beet red face and tears welling up in her emerald-green, cat-like eyes.

This was probably the worst day of her life. Well, aside from yesterday, when she found out she may be stuck in Nexus and never be able to go home...
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2020-09-07 at 07:22 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Some of his family would be a good plan," Zee agrees with a nod. "Most of his family probably wouldn't be very interested in celebrating his birthday. Or doing anything aside from making him miserable."

Zee doesn't have an incredibly high opinion of most of the Xarchas.

Treating people as less is something that deeply infuriates her. It's probably why she doesn't enjoy the company of other empyreans very much.

"Renting out a hall does sound good, though. That was my second idea. Maybe make a point of inviting local artists? Make something of a music festival out of it?"

[The Next Morning]

Zee is the sort to get up quite early.

After all, she has many things to attend to! Inventory, cleaning, making sure breakfast was ready for early risers, feeding the dumpster mimic so it's less likely to try to eat customers, stoking the fireplace, watering the plants. All sorts of things. Normally those things don't get a great deal of attention, but this morning finds Zee mopping the floor when Solstice comes scurrying into the tavern.

The fae girl is given a few unruly looks and whistles from tavern patrons, to which provides a withering, "Absolutely not."

It's pretty clear Solstice is in distress and more distress is the last thing she needs.

"I'm guessing you aren't running around like that because you've been possessed of a free-spirited whim," the barmaid says. Solstice didn't come down the stairs, so obviously something is up. Something happened to her clothing, probably. And given the cultural moors of fae from Solstice's world, Zee can't just give her more clothing. She can, however, say: "There are towels and sheets in your room that you can use. Or the bathrobe hung up in the bathroom. Those are included with the room and available for you to use as you see fit."

Then she'll retrieve an extra key for the room.

"What happened?" Zee asks, though she suspect she already knows something of the answer.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2020-09-07 at 11:40 AM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Titan in the Playground

[Morning, hiding behind the bar]

Solstice looked confused at Zee at first. On top of all her other distress.

Towels? Sheets? The bathrobe? Oh, that was there, wasn't it? Yes, Solstice supposed she had remembered it now. When she saw it before she had never considered wearing it. It was pretty ugly in her opinion and would be uncomfortable: too thick, too coarse, too hot, so cheap-looking. And she hadn't even thought of sheets and towels. Those weren't clothes at all!

At least Zee was able to clarify and reaffirm that yes.. anything in that room could be used as Solstice saw fit.

When Zee asked what happened, Solstice pouted, "S-someone was in my room! While I was asleep! They.. they took almost all my possessions! My clothes, my bag, my.. my wand..." That was quite a special item to Solstice, too. "The.. the reward I got from yesterday is gone too," she softly wails. Solstice risked her life the other day and went through a lot to get that. She felt she was almost set and had gotten a foothold here.. until now.

"The key is gone too, and.. and I've nothing decent to wear.." she sobs.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2020-09-07 at 01:40 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1176

[Morning, hiding behind the bar]

"Alright, let's go up to your room and have a look around," Zee says, brandishing the spare room key. "And we'll at least get you into that robe. It's a start."

A start.

Though hardly even a temporary solution. In two days the agreement will draw to a close. But Zee has been pleasant thus far, why would she stop being so?

She'll gesture for Solstice to follow her before heading up the stairs to Solstice's room

Hopefully she can figure out what happened there.

Unfortunately she wasn't exactly present when this all happened.

She was asleep in her own room up there.

But with any luck the culprit will have left some clues.

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    A bell from an old door dingles as a muscular woman with hot pink sweatband a sporty duffel bag walks in out of the rain. It looks like she's been out roller skating, but her skates are conspicuously absent. Hasn't she ever heard of no shirt no shoes et cetera?

A tiny black fox friend and its human associate are right behind her.

Beth waves to the nearby bar patrons as she hunts down a booth for the party.
    Beth probably could have just retrieved those skates.
    Either way, her compatriots, a young man with tan skin and black hair and a small black fox-like creature enter behind her.
    "So. You frequent this place? I don't come to Inside that often, to be honest."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Titan in the Playground

Solstice will sheepishly emerge from her cover and follow Zee up the stairs, frequently glancing about nervously. She silently wishes Zee would go a bit faster.

>>>Going back to "Home"!

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Ogre in the Playground

[Party Planning]

"Oh he would love that!" Lillith agrees. "You know he quietly gives to art and music programs all the time. We'll have to get some of his favorite foods, too. I wonder if there's anywhere that does a good roast rothe." Plenty of mushrooms went without saying, as well.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

10. - Top - End - #1180

[Party Planning!]

"Mushrooms and roast rothe for sure," Zee agrees with a nod. "I'll scope out a few different catering places around town. I'm sure someone out there is a master rothe roaster. The City is DEFINITELY big enough that someone specializes in something that specific."

That's just how Inside is.

You can find pretty much anything if you really put your mind to it.

"Probably a nice selection of wines, too. He really loved the fireamber brandy I got him last Thanksmas," Zee muses. "There are lots of musicians that play around Market Street. I usually do most of my food shopping there when I can get away with it. Next time I'm out I'll put in word with some of the local bands and musicians that there's going to be a music festival in honor of the Town's old mayor's 150th. I'm sure we'll be able to get some support."

Then she wrinkles her nose a bit.

"It'll be hard to circulate rumors in the musician community without Raril finding out about it. Maybe just make this a not-so-well kept secret?"

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Ogre in the Playground

[Party Planning]

"I think the less of a surprise it is, the better. Though he'd probably have fun ferreting out the rumor!" Lillith laughs.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

12. - Top - End - #1182

[Party Planning]

"I'll bet he will! All of a sudden these rumors of a music festival start popping up everywhere! Hehe, it might be pretty great if we didn't even tell him about it and just let him sniff it out on his own," Zee giggles.

That's exactly the sort of mystery Raril would enjoy solving.

Way better than the unpleasant sort, that's for sure.

"Hey, kinda off topic but do you think I could borrow some fabric and sewing stuff?" Zee asks. "One of my guests got burglarized and the culprit left a hair behind in the room. I'm pretty sure the guest is planning on making some sorta effigy doll and quite frankly the nasty little jerk deserves it."

Zee lowers her voice to just above a whisper.

"The creep stole all her clothes Lil'. I had to lend her a bathrobe. It's a huge pain because I guess in her culture it's taboo to accept anything for free. Everything has to be some kinda transaction. So I want to help, but it's tough."

She pulls a sour face.

"Also not too happy about one of my guests getting robbed."

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Ogre in the Playground

[Party Planning]

Lillith looks concerned. "Of course you can have some sewing supplies. Let me see what I have with me..." She starts looking through her pockets. Magical deep pockets, of course, because she pulls out a bolt of cream colored cotton, some fabric scissors, and a blue cookie tin which, on further inspection, contained needles and thread and other bits and bobs.

"That is upsetting." She agrees. "Is the girl alright? She wasn't attacked, just... robbed?" There was a heat in her red eyes, dangerously close to brimming over. She hoped it was only robbery and soon they'd be able to track down her belongings, but if it were more... the fiend was ready to go to war.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    That's the sort of job difficulty you only understand if you go through it yourself.
    Though going from a boring job to a job with lives on the line (the way Honeysuckle sometimes does) is its own sort of difficult.
    "Honeysuckle. Nice to meet."
    To the bartender, she'll say "Whisky & fox cola, up, no lemon."

"So who's your other friend? Anybody special? Go way back?" That is to say "is there a romance involved? Have you been friends for a long time?"
    Zefir nods and turns to the barmaid. "Whisky & fox cola, up, no lemon for her and On the rocks for me." he then turns back to Honeysuckle. "I am C4, I know strange name, but blame my parents not me." he chuckels. It is funny, if you think about it. Your given name is normaly the one you identify with.
    "He's not that kind of friend." he replies. "I met him in the nexus so it's not a very long time we know each other. But what should i say time runs different in the nexus. What about you? Weren't you here with some friends before?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

15. - Top - End - #1185

[Party Planning]

Zee looks over the odds and ins and gives a nod. "I'll need to pick up a few other things but this'll be a great start, thanks Lil'."

Lillith will get a hug for her trouble.

See this is what it's about, supporting one another. Loving one another. Being concerned for one another. To be bound together in strength.

"She's as fine as someone who was the victim of a petty, nasty burglary can be," Zee sighs. "She wasn't hurt, but she had to come down stairs to let me know what had happened naked. I guess she hadn't realized the bathrobe was there. She was properly mortified, but physically unharmed."

Zee shakes her head.

"To say nothing about emotional harm. The goblin that did this had been untoward to a few other guests but I had let it slide. You know how Trog's is; it gets rowdy sometimes. But this crosses the line and then some. I have the well being of my guests and the Tavern's reputation on the line. I'll have to politely incline to the goblin to not do anything like this again. Try to get back the guest's things."

She gives a sigh, looking frustrated.

"Sorry. This was supposed to be about Raril's party."

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Zefir nods and turns to the barmaid. "Whisky & fox cola, up, no lemon for her and On the rocks for me." he then turns back to Honeysuckle. "I am C4, I know strange name, but blame my parents not me." he chuckels. It is funny, if you think about it. Your given name is normaly the one you identify with.
    "He's not that kind of friend." he replies. "I met him in the nexus so it's not a very long time we know each other. But what should i say time runs different in the nexus. What about you? Weren't you here with some friends before?"
    You know, fox cola's kind of an acquired taste. Rather bitter. But Honeysuckle won't comment besides a smile.
    "CeeFour. Well, it's easy to say, right?" She giggles along with him. "Got brothers C1-2-3?"
    And for the questions, she nods and flicks a tail.
    "Yeah, haven't known 'em long. Jade seemed busy-busy, so couldn't stick around." But that's alright. She'll meet up with them later, in that Silly Plots scene.
    "Know a lot of folks, but sometimes you go a long way without meeting up." You know, how given other players, deadtime, apocalypsoi, etc. you have to take friendship where you can get it.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Ogre in the Playground

[Party Planning]

Lillith returns the hug, even using her wings to envelop Zee in momentary feathery softness and the scent of roses. When she stepped back to listen, the heat behind her eyes had cooled from anger to simple concern. The fiend shakes her head.

"Don't worry about it. I think we'd done our planning anyways." Then she asks. "Is there anything more I can do?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Titan in the Playground

Solstice descended the stairs in a white fluffy bathrobe. She didn't have shoes on or anything else. She just.. needed to be careful about what was on the floor...

She looked around awkwardly at all the various beings. Hm. Those that were too busy carousing or performing, she didn't think she would bother. Ah!

There was a group of people. Looked like a strong, hulking fighter of a man, a woodswoman, another small person, and someone else in robes like her. At the very least, Solstice implicitly guessed they were some sort of team. Allies, friends perhaps. A seasoned team of ..mercenaries?

She gingerly approaches and asks, "E-excuse me. Would any of you be interested in an exchange of information?"

Ugh, it almost felt like begging to her. Though really, maybe the word was technically solicitation? In any case, those words she spoke would be her opening while asking around, trying to investigate and see what anyone might know about Larza and her ilk.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2020-09-10 at 04:41 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Troll in the Playground

Someone familiar to Solstice happens to be in the tavern. It's Jade, the superheroine cowgirl. Except she's not dressed like a cowgirl anymore. She's wearing a white sundress cut to show her shoulders. She gives Solstice a wave when she sees her. "Hey Solstice!" There's a pause as she reads the fey's emotions. "Are you all right? You look shaken."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Titan in the Playground

[Jade]

Well, obviously something wasn't right. The Fae girl Jade had teamed up with the other day wasn't really looking the part she was before. Wearing a cheap motel bathrobe and not even any shoes? Surely this wasn't her normal behavior?

Solstice sees Jade and carefully meanders over to greet her. "Hello, Jade. To answer your first question.. physically, at the present, yes..." Maybe spiritually alright too. Mentally? Not so much.

"My room was burglarized last night. And they did not leave much. We think we know who did it, though..."

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Troll in the Playground

Jade looks aghast. "Oh no! That's terrible!" Trog's normally has a good reputation for being very safe. "What was stolen? Do you need anything? I can help." She's fully earnest about that.

My Nexus characters

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Titan in the Playground

[Jade]

Solstice says, "A number of my things. The reward I received yesterday, my wand, my clothes..." She sighs, looking down and rather dejected.

"Well, thankfully I have made some arrangements for a new set of clothes. They are just drying now."

Looking curiously and hopeful at Jade, Solstice says, "As a matter of fact, I was going to see if I could help recruit someone to help bring this thief to justice. I have been hired to do so, though I believe she is also some.. type of Fae entity.. not from a world of my own, mind you. I need to figure out how to trap or imprison her. Or, simply killing her is a viable option, though not my client's first preference..."

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Troll in the Playground

Jade is suddenly incensed. "She stole your clothes!? I'm in! We're stopping her!" Clearly this is something Jade feels strongly about. Stealing someone's clothes like that is disgusting. "Do you need more clothes than just the one set? I can buy you some." Jade hasn't exactly gotten her head around Solstice's "can't accept gifts" thing.

My Nexus characters

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Titan in the Playground

[Jade]

Solstice simply diffuses the request by stating, "Um. No, I do not need more. And when we catch this thief, not only should I hopefully recover my lost belongings, but I shall be receiving another set."

She changes the subject and says, "So, have you heard of a goblin that goes by the name of Larza?"

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Troll in the Playground

"I don't think so. Let me look her up." Jade pulls a smart phone out of her purse and does a quick internet search. "Nothing notable. She's the thief?" Then a more important question. "What does Zee think?" Zee knows everything that happens in the tavern, practically. Jade's shocked the eldritch abomination barmaid didn't stop the robbery from happening.

My Nexus characters

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Titan in the Playground

[Jade]

Solstice says, "Zee is not happy. She is the one who hired me. And we both believe it was Larza. Coincidentally, that goblin gave me quite a bit of trouble last night. She likely felt slighted for.. I cannot fathom why.. . All I know is she is a horrible, wicked miscreant."

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Troll in the Playground

"If Zee believes she did it, she did it. Zee has a way of knowing things." Jade nods. "Sounds like she needs to be taken down a peg. Any idea where to find her?"

My Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Titan in the Playground

[Jade]

"She left a napkin.. with a kiss mark, and there is an address on the back of it. I have been told this is the location of an .." Sosltice's speech slows down as she tries to recite what she had heard before. "An abandoned tire factory. In the Skyside..." She still looks rather confused, like she just regurgitated a bunch of gobbledygook.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Troll in the Playground

Although that doesn't mean much to Solstice, it means a lot to Jade. "I'll go in loaded for bear then. I'll have to get some gear from home. You know it's a trap, right?" That's pretty obvious to Jade. Abandoned factories are always traps.

My Nexus characters

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Titan in the Playground

[Jade]

"A trap?" Solstice says, frowning. "That would make sense.. I suppose she would not write a location down for me to come to, only for her to return my belongings after all that trouble..."

"I will still be around here for a while, until the other set of clothes I received have dried. Do try to find me or come to my room when you are ready." Solstice tells Jade which room she's staying at upstairs.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2020-09-10 at 09:31 PM.