New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CLIV

Obsidian, a teenager with black hair, purple (and gold!) eyes, and a hoodie made of some scaley material, and a sprained shoulder,
    enters Trog's Tavern.

She's accompanied by a three-legged Buttercup - the kind that's been appearing in Inside for a short while.

Obsidian looks around for somewhere safe for Buttercup to sit. "Maybe one of the corners?" she suggests, since she imagines it to be extremely hard to find somewhere for a three-legged centauresque person to sit.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Ogre in the Playground

The fork was a little difficult to remove from the young mans chest, having imbedded itself deep. He didn’t complain or squirm as Zee pulled it free, only gasp deeply with a sigh of relief. He tore open the blood stained rags he wore to give access to the wound so it could be covered.

That’s when Zee would have finally caught his eyes.

They were of a light luminescent sky blue, unlike anything ever seen before. They were transcendent, holding stories and feelings of kindness and peace. Yet as brilliant as they were, those mesmerising mirroring surface pools were broken. Tarnished by jagged black lines tearing through the beautiful soft blue, breaking those perfect iris’s with thin stretching cracks emanating from the unfathomable deep dark depths of his pupils. The brilliance of his irises were dull in comparison to the presence and magnitude of those unnatural, endless holes in the middle of each eye. They held within them an all consuming darkness that wanted to escape. It was like looking into a bottomless pit, a pit that wanted to consume you, for you to fall in and be lost forever. Although completely of the darkest black, a total emptiness and void, they still somehow seemed to writher and wry with a ravishing lust filled hunger.

Those eyes were clearly not of this young mans face, note of this world but somewhere or something else surely vast, vile and unholy.

Quickly realising the eye contact that had been made, his previous smirk vanished to a thin pressed line of concern, he flicked his head down and his hair once again fell across his face. Removing himself from Zee he dashed across the room with his arms out ready to catch the blind elf should she fall.

”Stop this, let’s talk!“ he half demands and pleads at the wasp creature.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2020-10-06 at 09:34 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Barbarian in the Playground

Along with the teen is what could be described as a centaur, just smaller and slimmer and with the lower body of a deer instead of a horse. Normally Buttercups are colorful and vibrant with bright yellow flowers in their auburn, white spotted hair. But right now she looks drawn and pale, her flowers drooping and withered. One of her front legs has been ruined; it's nothing more than a dry branch lashed together with tangled vines and a few human bones. Getting struck with an iron crossbow bolt is causing the glamour that holds her effigy body together to slowly unravel.

Buttercup hobbles in with Obsidian on three legs. Thankfully when you have four legs and one of the legs stops working you can still kind of hop around on the one front leg. Hope hope hope! Hehehe! It would be more fun if it didn't hurt so much. Buttercup feels like a glass of water that's slowly being poured out.

"Wowie I like it in here the Spooktober decorations are fun," she says, taking heavy breaths after every few words. "Oh what sort of game are those people playing?"

It looks like she has noticed the fight, but hasn't quite come to the realization that it's a fight yet. She can be forgiven. She's pretty out of it. She would also REALLY like to go find out if some of these other people are named Buttercup, too, but she's lead over to a booth with low, wide seats meant for quadrupeds to kneel on.

She's pretty happy to flop down into one of them. Zowie... she's so tired. Maybe she'll feel better if she just rests for a little while.

Buttercup lays her head down on the table, her eyes fluttering.

Has Obsidian ever watched someone slowly dying? The life just gradually draining out of them? That's definitely what this looks like.

Meanwhile!

Zee takes note of the Buttercup. Her phone had buzzed not too long ago with a public service announcement warning regarding them. Before that she had been called by Council of Watchers with a particularly grim request she would really prefer not to think about. She's one hundred percent confident the Bad Ending wouldn't happen here. She's got faith in the Nexus' heroes.

Also.

Willowy guy's eyes.

Wow.

If that isn't a really bad case of Sealed Evil in a Can Zee doesn't know what is.

Now the kid is back on his feet and trying to stop the fight again while the blind elf hangs off the wasp's leg.

This situation just keeps being escalated to greater and greater heights of dumb.

"Okay, you know what? Fine. I didn't want to do this but if this is what it takes to get you to knock if off the so be it," Zee says to the wasp lady.

Then?

She tells her of Truth.

The wasp lady should be informed of exactly what transpired to result in her being here and exactly how little Zee had to do with it, intentionally or otherwise. This might not sound like a huge deal but the knowledge confided is absolute and complete. Every detail, every nuance, every eventuality that in combination caused this series of events to transpire. It is overwhelming. It annihilates thought. And it is completely, utterly, undeniably True.

This may result in the wasp lady writing around on the floor for a bit next to the blind elf. Thankfully the Truth was for the wasp lady's ears only, otherwise such a potent application of the Spheres of Information and Shape would give folks in the tavern a bad time.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Troll in the Playground

"Unhand me, human scum!" The wasp shakes her leg trying to dislodge the elf. She ignores the pleading to just talk. Talking already failed. But then the lead human says something quite strange, and the wasp's response is very different than expected. She drops from the ceiling to the floor, and takes a knee, folding her four arms in an X across her torso and spreading her elytra. It looks like a position of respect and worship. "Forgive your servant, Great One. I did not know. Please, teach me of this place where I have trespassed." Apparently she's now mistaken (?) Zee for a divinity?
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #1265

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Honeysuckle chuckles at that.
    "Damn right." And she lifts her glass as well. "Never give up, 'n one day get outta here."
    Finishing the drink, she stands up from the bar and swirls her tails around to the side.
    "Getting late to hang around Trog's, hah? Any plans?"
    "Yeah." Zefir just agrees. "Kinda strange how time goes by in this world." he then shrugs witch is totally menaingless if she can't see him but he didn't know that.
    "Nothing. Just want to get straight home."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #1266

Obsidian

Obsidian has, in fact, watched this happen to someone before.
    It was her mother.

Every couple seconds, she glances at Buttercup.
    She's starting to regret leaving that human-looking guy with the crossbow and his plant monster friend alive. They deserved it. Nobody probably would have missed them, anyway. That's how awful they are. Just poisoning random people on the street and then saying it's okay because she doesn't count as real people. Idiots. Maybe someone should tell him that he doesn't count as a real person and is instead a monster thing and then see how he likes it.

Obsidian doesn't know what to do.
    None of her dragon powers can help her. But she can't let herself look sad, because dragons don't get sad.
    Instead, she says, "So, my friend works here. The one who gave me a tree."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Ogre in the Playground

The young man would try aid the elf however he could. After that he would find himself standing between the kneeling wasp creature and Zee. His head flicked back and forth for a moment, from one to the other as he tried to make sense of what just happened. The puzzle seemed to amuse him, his interest was evident on his curious face, exposed and un-hidden for the first time since entering.
    It was crystal clear the exact moment that curiosity left him, yet it happened so fast. No longer trying to understand the situation he simple accepted it. A smirk took his lips that only Zee would have seen. At that moment, with a speed and strength far beyond the capability of his feeble frail frame, he exploded into a fierce right hand punch.

Energy rolled through his entire body as he moved in one swift, perfect and efficient motion, throwing his fist straight at the top of the creatures downturned head.

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "Yeah." Zefir just agrees. "Kinda strange how time goes by in this world." he then shrugs witch is totally menaingless if she can't see him but he didn't know that.
    "Nothing. Just want to get straight home."
    Wait, that's not how this is supposed to go, is it?
    Ah, well, it'll be fine.
    "Heh, fair enough. Days last a long time, weeks just fly past, right?"
    Honeysuckle gets up from the bar, moving carelessly as usual.
    "Stay in touch."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #1269

Jeah, Zefir is not really good at reading the mood... or room... or arghhh you know what i mean.
    "See you soon" he replies and stands up himself. He throws a few coins at the bar enougtht o pay for the bill and heads for the exit. On the way he seems to notice that it's not going as usual. So he picks up his phone and sends a message. "Guess I need to get picked up."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Titan in the Playground

The blind elf falls to the ground rather disoriented, grumbling, though she at least manages to roll away from the giant wasp. She searches the ground for her staff and then.. something else...

"Cirrus?"

Maybe it was that hawk that was swatted out of the air.

11. - Top - End - #1271

Oh great.

See?

SEE!?

This is why Zee avoids employing empyrean nonsense whenever she can. It leads to absurd situations like this where people start assuming she's some kind of divine being which while not TOTALLY inaccurate is still a thing she likes to avoid. Why do you think she poses as a completely normal human barmaid? That isn't a lifestyle choice made by a person who wants to draw attention to herself.

"You trespassed by attacking random people you ridiculous goof! Now stand up and we'll try to figure out how to-"

Then punching!

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?"

WHY IS EVERYONE SHOUTING!?

MEANWHILE!

Buttercup lifts her head briefly, her eyes unfocused as she tries to make sense of all the colors and sounds. It's loud in here. It would be nice if it wasn't so loud she feels sleepy.

"Mm? That's good. Trees are nice," Buttercup slurs. A violent shiver passes though her body, her mouth creasing into a grimace. "I feel kind of cold..."

The damage is spreading. More and more of the gossamer that makes up her form is dissolving out from the wound, leaving behind a tangle of branches, weeds, and human bones in its wake. A heap of rubbish collapses onto the bench, sending a scapula wrapped in buttercups bouncing into the floor.

She isn't gone yet. But she's getting awfully close.

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Troll in the Playground

You know what's great about compound eyes? They might not pick up much detail, but they can see everything happening around them.
    Such as someone preparing to punch the wasp in the back of the head.
    In a fluid movement, she ducks and sweeps a leg outwards to trip the young backstabber while two of her hands lash out to shove him back with far more force than such spindly limbs have any right to. "Humans. They always strike at the moment of reverence. Disgraceful. You were saying, Great One?"

My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Ogre in the Playground

As a fight breaks out, a man at the bar grins wildly.

The place was just as chaotic as he remembered it was. Some things never change.

He finishes off his drink rather sloppily, allowing the ale to dribble down his chin and onto the fine striped vest and bejeweled cravat he wears. "Barkeep!" barks the man with the long and greasy hair. "While I recognize that you're dealing with quite a bit at the moment, I'm afraid I must insist upon seconds!" He reaches up to straighten the dyed capotain he wears upon his head.

It's red, much like the greatcoat he wears over his body. "Entertainment this good doesn't come around quite so often anymore!"

The man cackles as the fighting continues.

14. - Top - End - #1274

At this point, Obsidian doesn't even want to watch anymore.

She does her best to stare forward and to will tears from falling.

The teenager scoots up right next to Buttercup, though, and wraps an arm around Buttercup's (humanlooking) waist. "Here, I'll warm you up," she says even though Obsidian isn't particularly warm and the scales on the hoodie feel weird. She twists her body to bury her face in Buttercup's chest, and closes her eyes. "You're not allowed to die, okay? I forbid it."
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-10-09 at 04:37 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #1275

Alright!

Fight's still going on over there.

We'll get back to that once it starts moving again.

"Here you go!" Zee says to the guy with the huge hat, handing him his drink.

In... umm...

In spite of being over there.

In the middle of a fight.

But is she really? Or was that just a while ago? It's hard to say, really. Probably best not to think about it too hard.

"Is there anything else I can get you?"

MEANWHILE!

"Mm... you're a nice friend, Obsidian," Buttercup slurs. "Coolest dragon I ever met..."

The dissolution is spreading faster now. Buttercup's body is rapidly unraveling.

"...not..." she lays her head down on the table atop her arms even as they collapse into weeds, sticks, and a few stray bones. "...gunna die. Just close my eyes... for a little bit..."

A human skull covered in bright yellow flowers rolls across the table.

She's gone.

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Ogre in the Playground

A keen and well trained eye would have noticed, in a blink, at the very last moment, the young man pulled his punch. His body tightened as if fighting an unseen force and his smirk vanished giving way to a flash of dismay. His fist was left to float above the wasp creatures head with none of the unnatural speed or force it had began with.
    Despite his internal conflict he held his stance. His knee shot forward and out to catch the sweeping kick on his shin. It was all bone, softening the attack like a spring backed with the full weight of his frail body.
    His thin frame twisted and slipped between the thrusting arms, one caught his shoulder but found no purchase as he rolled with it and instead of its intention, moved closer.

17. - Top - End - #1277

"Alright BOTH of you knock it off!" Zee says as she moves to physically place herself between the willowy guy and the wasp woman. "That's ENOUGH."

She really isn't a huge fan of fights in her tavern.

Why do these people have to show up and start making trouble?

Why can't they just show up and... order a drink?

LIKE NORMAL PEOPLE!?

Ugh.

Normally she would be using this time to work on the Spooktober decorations but instead she has to focus on preventing tavern goers from murdering each other.

And occasionally her, too, but that's less important.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Troll in the Playground

"Of course, Great One." The wasp resumes her pose of reverence at Zee's urging. At least she knows what's important, not like that backstabbing human scum over there, just like the rest of his honorless species.

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #1279

Meanwhile!

Obsidian, after it's all over, sets down the now-weeds-and-bones from her arms, down with the rest.

She then grabs the Buttercup's hat that she had, and buries her face in it. She also, mimicking Buttercup, lies her head on the table with her own arms. She does this, of course, because then nobody can see her tears. After all, she's a dragon, Dragons don't cry. "You liar," she says, berating the remains. "You promised you weren't going to die."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Ogre in the Playground

There was little room between himself and the wasp creature, yet Zee found it. The young man looked down at the creature as it bowed before them. This triggered something in him and the horror and disgust in his eyes spread a little further out across his face, darkening his features further.
    In a blink he was now between Zee and the creature, facing towards Zee. His mouth opened and his lips began slowly and defiantly forming the word ‘no’ but the sound never came out.

”Yes. Of course miss.” he quickly blurts out. ”So sorry!” He drops his head and his hair once again falls over his face as he stares at the floor. He shrinks in on himself as he hunches over and his shoulders roll down. Suddenly his confidence is gone and he is again the weak, insecure beggar burdened with fear and sorrow.

”I, I will be going to my room now. Thankyou.”
    With that he quickly scurries off up the stairs.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2020-10-14 at 11:20 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1281

Buttercup the liar continues to be really dead.

Poor Buttercup.

Zee watches the willowy guy run back up stairs and buries her face in her hands.

Ugh.

Couldn't they ever have a normal afternoon?

No?

Probably not.

"Okay. Not a Great One," Zee says. "I'm a bar maid. If I wanted to be a Great One with people fawning and scraping before me do you really think I would be working here?"

No.

The answer is no.

Zee absolutely would not be working here if she wanted people to be fawning and scraping before her. She would just be parking herself somewhere near the City whilst unbound. Which is something she is absolutely not going to do. She loves the people of the Nexus too much to inflict that upon them.

That and she would totally get blown up.

Again.

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Troll in the Playground

"My apologies for not using your proper title, BzzzzrrMt." That sounded like a wholehearted attempt at saying "Bar Maid" without using the translator, foiled by the wasp's lack of lips or vocal cords. But the worshipful tone is still there. "But you cannot stop being a Great One. It is your nature."

23. - Top - End - #1283

Obsidian is content to cry with the table and hat hiding it.

After it has been long enough for her to start feeling better again, she gets up and, taking the hat with her, goes towards the door to leave. She would like to swear vengeance on that crossbow guy and hunt him down to kick him a few more times, but...
    all humans and humanlike people all look the same, anyway, so even if she does find him, she is not really confident in her ability to recognize him. There's probably a million humanlike people walking around with their domestic plantmonster elfpet, and getting mad at the wrong person is just a huge waste.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Ogre in the Playground

When things grew quiet, and quiet they did grow, the young man with the hellish eyes returned.
    In that time he was gone, who knows how long it had been, he had tidied himself up. His beard now neatly trimmed was short, shaped and tidy. His wavy dark hair still long was less matted and all except for his fringe hung in a tight ponytail behind his head.
    All the dirt and grime had been washed from his skin exposing his sharp handsome features.
    Still his clothes were tattered and torn, through a particularly large hole over his chest a bloody bandage could be seen.
    Standing tall, shaven and clean, these garments now looked as belonging to someone far beneath his stature. He held himself and moved with mannerisms of someone of regal importance and contained the confidence and presence of the highest nobles.

Despite this slight resurrection, an invisible cloud of sorrow and sadness still followed him, reaching out to all those around him, toiling and touching heart strings and memories of those he passed by. Only anger could placate the void that constantly drew out and fed on others sorrow. But right now he had nothing to be angry about, yet sorrow poured into him quicker than ale leaving the tankards.

He could not stay here long because the two things were often mutually inclusive. Creating a viscous cycle of sorrow then ale then more sorrow so more ale.

Trying to keep his distance he looked around the room, studying the other patrons. He was searching for someone or something.

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Ogre in the Playground

A patron attempts to enter the bar. Attempts being the operative word.
    Specifically a mildly large pinkish reptile with a vulpine face attempts to squeeze its way through the door and promptly gets stuck. With a groan, the mizutsune’s form collapses into a small teenage girl with the same ears and tail. Her lavender hair is cut just below her ears. She wears a pink kimono and carries a staff with jingling rings.
    Gara, priestess of Civvy, the Lady of Hope is here on official business. Maybe she should have gone as Grant, she wonders. People tend to take the dragon guy more seriously than the cute dragon girl. But she’s already picked the persona she’s using and switching would just make her look indecisive. But yes, official business. Namely, she got the nagging feeling that there was a lot of not-hope here.
    Maybe it’s the guy over there with the sad face and invisible but veritable cloud of sorrow around him. Yeah she’s pretty new to this but that probably feels like a good place to start.

”Hey. Uh, you okay?” Asks the draconic priestess of the sorrowful young man, having taken heed of his nervous glancing around the room.
    She’s...not very subtle, is she?
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Ogre in the Playground

His reaction was slow, silence hung in the air between them for a moment before he gave a much delayed response.

”Who, me?” he questions quietly, voice barely audible over the tavern murmurs, raising a hand to his chest he looks at her with a deep befuddled curiosity, eyes intently never blinking.
    Of course there was no one standing between them or even near him for that matter, yet still he seemed confused by the directness of the question.

”Have we been aquatinted before? I’m sorry if I have offended you in some way miss.”

He bows his head in resignation.

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Ogre in the Playground

"No, we haven't met and you haven't offended me! Stop that." Gara pouts, her bush-like tail lashing.
    "You're sitting here like somebody kicked your dog. And you. And like...kept doing that for like...a year. What's up? People don't just come to places and sulk like that." her voice softens considerably. Sometimes people just need to talk about their problems.
    And sometimes it's a big involved quest that involves monsters and self-discovery. Hopefully it's the first one because Gara's mom expects her home by five for dinner.

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Ogre in the Playground

but I don’t own a...” he began. Then he followed it with an ”oh.” a moment later, muttering in realisation.
    He stared at her again, intently and curious.
    He quickly looks up at the ceiling and then again back down to her.
    Finding no ‘immediate’ danger or traps he slowly takes a step forward.
    His eyes glimmer with a deep dark hunger.

”Ah, yes. Now I see.” he says to no one with a sudden understanding that came from no where. ”You are an observant and inquisitive one, you want to know of my pain do you? Well maybe you could share with me first of yours.

He put on a sincere warm smile as he took another slow step forward. The floor boards cried softly under his bare feet. Despite the gently approach he could not hide that eager excitement yearning from the dark depth of his eyes.
    Already, shadows began to writhe as wisps of cool air sifted about.

Somewhere far away yet very close, otherworldly beings were trying to sift through her thoughts and draw out what ever pains she might have endured, cause her to re-live her greatest losses and saddest moments with amplified emotion. They only need for her to tell them where to start looking...

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Ogre in the Playground

Gara gasps. It isn’t fun. Reliving the day when her best friend was turned by a deadly kumiho. Being unable to help Rey and at least one of her classmates from being taken by those faeries. The verbal abuse from her father. The constant pain of seeing her mother miserable with him.
    But no. Rey was healed. By Civiron’s power was her soul restored. Well, the important parts. And her mother found the courage to leave her father. Now they’re all there for each other. And doing better! The blessing of Civiron does not give her messengers prowess in combat or clairvoyance. It does not give them physical strength or mighty feats of arcane might. What Civvy provides is hope.

So really, it’s not a very practical blessing for use in defense against supernatural attacks except when they’re attacks based on sorrow and despair. Lucky you, Gara.

Pale, shaking, Gara slams the end of her staff on the floorboards, rings clanging together.
    ”Sifting through people’s memories is not very nice, Mister. I hope you have a very good excuse.” Oh she actually sounds pretty upset now.

30. - Top - End - #1290

A paladin* enters the tavern.

To the paladin Zophiel, Trog's Tavern is still pretty new. As in, he's been here twice and both times it was only for a really short time due to the circumstances around why he was here. Now, with (probably) nothing on his mind and no weird things happening, he can just come and see if this is actually a decent place or not.

It probably is, though.
    If it weren't decent, people wouldn't come here.

Zophiel is tall and wide-shouldered, which he'd probably have to be to use both of those massive swords he has.

So,
    he
    sits down, orders something, and drinks in the ambience.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.