New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Last Watch

1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Last Watch

Out of the much bursts a crocodile big enough to swallow a horse in a single bite, and snaps its massive jaws shut over Tor.

Attack - (1d20+18)[28], Damage - (3d6+13)[21], grab - (1d20+30)[45].

This thing really doesn't have the chops to get an actual surprise round on you guys, but I am ruling that it wins initiative and Tor is flat-footed against the attack unless he has special abilities to avert that.

Entire party is on turn.
    Semper ludens.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Clover lets out a scream fit for a slasher movie final girl, stumbling back against Amara before she tumbles back behind her, but only for an instant before she takes off the ground, hands and arms pulling into a similar, but far more rushed, pose.

"Henshin! Again!!!"

Kamen Rabbit once more touches, down, assessing the combat situation, poised to act!
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Tor grunts as the entirely expected attack from the massive beast hits home, gripping much of his upper torso in no doubt incredibly infectious teeth. The knight ignores the pain as best he can and strikes at the creature.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Yeah, nope, I don't have anything to prevent the FF, and that does bring my AC down by just enough for that to hit.
    Simple attack, with -2 for being grappled (1d20+14)[26] (8d6+14)[41]
    Using swift action to apply improved slow to the above attack if it hits. DC 17 will save vs being staggered for 4 rounds, speed is also cut in half, and this imposes a -1 penalty to d20 rolls
    Last edited by Daishain; 2020-03-20 at 06:55 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Blood sprays from the wounded monster, but of course it doesn't let go.

Will save: Failed.
    Semper ludens.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Amara (earth)

Amara sighs. "Sorry about that, Tor." She walks forward, acid rising around her right hand as she initiates an Enter the Vortex strike against the crocodile. "When I woke up this morning..." she launches the attack, "I was not expecting this."

Show

Attack roll for the strike (3 animus spent on added damage and DC as per the strike):
    (d20+11)[25] vs touch AC

Critical confirmation (on a roll of nat 20 only):
    (d20+11)[25]

Damage Roll:
    (15d6+2)[57] acid plus 2 fire damage

Critical Damage:
    (15d6)[50] acid

Spoiler: Amara's stats
    Show

At the start of combat, Amara has 1+WIS = 7 animus to spend. Spending 3 during her turn and gaining 2 at the end of her turn for using a maneuver leaves her with
    6 animus points.

Amara has 62/62 HP, and an AC of 26. She has Energy Hammer, Minute Hand, and Temporal Body Adjustment ready for use.
    Last edited by Just Helping; 2020-03-27 at 01:21 AM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Marigold Dainty-Foal

Mari lets out an effeminate scream as the creature bursts from the water. When she sees that it has one of her friends, however, she gathers her courage and counter attacks! "Unhand him, you bastard!"

Spoiler: Attack
    Show

Gleaming Mirror Strike
    Attack (1d20+15)[33] Versus touch (crit threatens)
    Damage (1d8+9)[10] +(1d6)[6]
    DC 19 fort or be blinded for 5 rounds.
    Crit Attack (1d20+15)[24] (versus touch)
    Damage (1d8+9)[17]

Horn
    Attack (1d20+15)[32]
    Damage (1d8+12)[15] +(1d6)[4]

Crit Attack (1d20+15)[22]
    Damage (1d8+12)[16]
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2020-03-27 at 01:07 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Marigold leaps onto Tors back and runs out on his arm, balancing nimbly while slashing and goring the monster.

The creature trashes and twists, aggravating Tor's wound for another 30 damage, and drags him down into the muck. Marigold, too, falls into the sewage, and needs to swim to safety once she gets her bearings...
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2020-03-27 at 11:39 PM.
    Semper ludens.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

That does it.

Kamen Rabbit shifts around momentarily before launching herself into the air; with a flip she uses the moment to aim a wicked axe kick at the croc's snout, trying to hurt it it significantly enough to open those jaws.

"HORRID BEAST! I'LL TEACH YOU TO NOM-NOM MY COMRADES!!!"

Spoiler: OOC/rolls
    Show

Strong Start: +3 to attack rolls, 1 point of tension

Spending that point of tension to do an Attack w/ finisher:

(1d20+23)[32]
    (1d10+2)[6]
    (5d6)[19]

<BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Tor grunts with pain as the thing drags him down a little further, "It's incredible, I would never have wagered that something's breath could smell worse than the sewer we are already in, and yet here we are"

The knight strikes out as before, bringing his axe down on the creature.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    (1d20+14)[18] (8d6+14)[35]
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

You pound and punish the creature until it becomes obvious that you are, in fact, beating a dead ...sewer.. giant ...reptilian horse?

Everyone but Amara is positively drenched in sewer filth at this point.

Laying the long plank across the intersection creates a precarious, but serviceable bridge.

Is there anything you wish to do before you proceed?
    Semper ludens.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Marigold Dainty-Foal

"AAAAAH!"
    Marigold screams as she is thrown into the murky water with a loud splash.

Marigold crawls out of the sewage and sits against a wall with her face in her hands. "My outfit is ruined! How is anyone going to take me seriously if they can't see how much darkness I carry inside me," she says between sobs before shes starts crying. Her normally iridescent hair is sopping wet as well, but still maintains most of its preternatural sheen.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

The monster appears to have been a very big,very scarred crocodile. Probably very old.
    Semper ludens.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Tor stands back up, and starts flinging muck off of his limbs away from the group as best he can. He supports the bridge as the others cross before exiting the pool. "Please tell me someone has a cleaning cantrip, or one to make clean water, or something along those lines..."

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, Clover was covered in muck, or more specifically Kamen Rabbit's armor was. Her clothes aren't exactly daisy fresh after the bunny gets back on the walkway and un transforms, but compared to the others, she got off light with some faint dampness and a few stain splotches.

"oh no... D-don't cry Marigold," note that she has not problem walking over and putting a hand or hands on the sobbing girl's shoulders, trying to calm her down, even if she gets re-dirtied. "L-look, let's go thwart these mean old scoundrels and surely we'll find some gold or something we can sell and I'll get a nice prestidigitation wand and clean you all up. Will that make you feel dark and mysterious again?"

15. - Top - End - #75

BlueWizardGirl

Amara (earth)

Amara looked over her crying companion, unsure what to make of the emo unicorn. Thankfully, she didn't have to wade into the muck yet. "I... I might be able to rinse you off, for now. Would that help?"
    Last edited by Just Helping; 2020-04-01 at 04:23 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Marigold Dainty-Foal

Marigold sobs and nods her head into response to her teammates queries. She grabs Clover and Amara and brings them in for a hug. "Wahhhh! What would I do without you guys. I don't have any friends my party is all I have boohoohooo," she cries, still bawling.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

The normally nervous and twitchy Clover cannot defend against the sobbing unicorn's chock hold, letting out a small soft meep as she's pulled in. Whether or not her mad scientist creator intended this, she IS awfully plush and huggable. Though she seems more concerned with being hugged than her clothes actually getting dirty, she soldiers on.

"It's--oof-- It's okay, Marigold! Now, once you've had a good cry, let's go lay waste to the forces of evil and the wicked, alright?" she looks slightly desperately to Amara for support on this, when the unicorn blooded can't see the gesture.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

You cross the chasm, proceed through the sewers, and arrive at your destination.

A black iron double door sits recessed in the sewer wall, breaking up the monotony of brick and mortar. Above the portal, an ancient bust of a proud woman with her mouth agape glares down into the tunnel.

map and picture link
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2020-04-04 at 07:53 AM.
    Semper ludens.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Tor awkwardly tells Marigold as they move along, "If it helps, you'll always be the edgiest girl I know, regardless of the state of your outfit."

As the group approaches the door, Tor looks it up and down. "That woman looks angry, somehow I think we're in the right place, maybe not the RIGHT right place, but someone behind this door deserves a swift kick in the pants from the steel plated boot of justice."

20. - Top - End - #80

BlueWizardGirl

Amara (earth -> water)

After comforting Marigold, Amara tried switching to the persona that might be able to help Marigold. Unfortunately, her powers did not work that way and Marigold probably would not like the results.

-----------------------------

Now the stern and professional Amara, she looks up at the bust.

"I would describe her emotion as 'offended', as if to ward off trespassers," Amara describes, shifting into her combat stance. "Regardless, I am the one most appropriate for combat."
    Last edited by Just Helping; 2020-04-05 at 09:09 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

Clover looks up at the imposing door, rubbing the back of her ears.

"Well if it's not booby trapped, I can sneak in and try to hide advantageously before we whallop more naughty evil doers, but... Does anybody know how to pick a lock?"

She hops over quietly and searches around the door, hoping this won't trigger any rabbit slaying devices...

Spoiler: OOC/rolls
    Show

(1d20+1)[21] Perception?

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

From the statue's mouth, a raging torrent of filth erupts, slamming clover into the ground.

Spoiler: pain!
    Show
    damage - (6d6)[17], ref DC 25 half. Nauseated 1 round, fort DC 25 negates. trip - (1d20+28)[46]
    Semper ludens.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Tor quickly steps over and sets his shield, the wall of metal blocking any further outbursts from the statue.

Looking back at Clover he states, "Are you all right?"

Show
    Setting tower shield to provide total cover

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

The high-pressure torrent of filth continues, but it splatters off Tor's mighty shield, then sputters and stops.

Closer inspection of the door reveals a slight gap. You can see that it is barred from the inside.
    Semper ludens.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

After making sure Clover was okay, Tor looked to the door, "I don't think I can shrink enough to get through there, any thoughts?"

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Marigold Dainty-Foal

Marigold draws her sword. "We could try... the edge," she suggests. "I always wanted to cleave a door in twain with my sword. It was folded 10,000 times to remove any impurities." She looks positively giddy at the ought. "That is, assuming, you're okay, Clover."

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Clover lets out an absolutely terrified scream before both hands thankfully clap over her mouth to avoid anything foul going in. She scrambles, filthy out of the deluge when she can coughing and gulping air. Apart from an initial, silent period of shock she manages to calm down far more quickly than Marigold's earlier outbust.

"I... I think I'll be okay..." she manages for a moment. "I could try to kick down the door too if Marigold's cuts don't bite deep enough, but... won't that make alot of noise? We could work ourselves silly only for the bad guys to rush the door."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

The door taunts you with silent, inanimate malice.
    Semper ludens.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Marigold Dainty-Foal

Marigold puts as she resheathes her sword. "Alright, how about I use Time Hop and remove the bar long enough for use to enter?" she asks.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Tor looks at Marigold and blinks, "You can do that? Huh, okay then, sounds good."

The knight readies himself by the door in case an enemy awaits directly within.