1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Chronicles of A Twisted Ascension OOC

Stone Beats Screech

Einkil gets: 550 XP

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

I got slightly swordsaged there. I don't have time to update to incorporate new info tonight, I'll get to it in the morning.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry for not having posted yet, just between work and the nice weather I have been spending most of my time either at work or with my son outside enjoying it while we can. Once I send him to school in the morning I will have a post up, again sorry for the hold up.

All I got time for at the moment, will finish more once I get my son on the bus
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2020-03-11 at 06:03 AM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Laura's still 122hp down after that second round of healing. It's going to take substantially more to get her back to top condition.
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2020-03-13 at 01:11 AM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Now that i have a number it will be a bit easier. Also dam 50 hp healed so far and still down that much.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Okay assuming he is going to keep burning spells to heal when he prays until Laura is full

5th level Earth Reaver Changed into Mass Cure Light Wounds Heals (1d8+11)[13]
    4th Level Freedom of Movement for Cure Critical Wounds (4d8+11)[26]
    3rd Level Weapon of Energy for Cure Serious Wounds (3d8+11)[21]

Let's see where that gets you

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

3rd Level Spell Tremor for CSW (3d8+11)[25]
    2nd level Bear's endurance for CMW (2d8+11)[20]
    2nd Level Divine Protection for CMW (2d8+11)[19]

And if that doesn't get you to full hopefully its good enough
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2020-03-13 at 10:00 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Okay so OOC party talk here. I have no problem healing for a little, but six spell slots is a lot when we could in theory have another battle in that same day. Perhaps we find a way as a group to buy a wand later?

I normally prepare the spell heartful rest on my clerics as it doubles the amount of hp healed by resting, and if I also use Summon Elysim thyrus (however it is spelled) that could be 4x with them stacking. So 44hp just from resting, if anyone has enough ranks in heal (because the cleric doesn't) I believe one of the uses of the heal skill is to help with hp regen as well which.

Long-Term Care

Providing long-term care means treating a wounded person for a day or more. If your Heal check is successful, the patient recovers hit points or ability score points (lost to ability damage) at twice the normal rate: 2 hit points per level for a full 8 hours of rest in a day, or 4 hit points per level for each full day of complete rest; 2 ability score points for a full 8 hours of rest in a day, or 4 ability score points for each full day of complete rest.

You can tend as many as six patients at a time. You need a few items and supplies (bandages, salves, and so on) that are easy to come by in settled lands. Giving long-term care counts as light activity for the healer. You cannot give long-term care to yourself.
    So we could have up to 6x our level in hp gained per rest with investment of 2 spells and a DC 15 heal check from two different people. Next Level I can start investing in heal (and thus take 10 to autopass) so everyone is covered as you can't do it for yourself. Hope this helps, I only know most of these rules because I play a super healer

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Yes we need a better way to recover hp. It didn't occur to me that when I built a character with a huge amount of hp that I'd need an outrageous amount of healing.

That's 124hp healed. That's all the way to full for now. But yes, we need some better source of a large amount of healing.

It took me a while to work out Summon Elysian Thrush. I think doubled plus doubled isn't quadrupled unfortunately.
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2020-03-14 at 03:32 AM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Nerdomancer in the Playground Moderator

DruidGuy

i think double double is actually just a straight triple
    Spoiler: Medals & Current Characters
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    More sources, more choices, more power. Welcome to D&D.
    The Mod Life Crisis If you need me to address a thread as a Moderator, please include a link

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

How does this interact with a full day of rest vs 8h? It would be very odd to get a quadrupled rate for 8h and then a single rate for the rest of the day.

By my understanding of RAW I think we'd be up to 55hp in a day:
    (standard + healthful rest + elysian thrush + long term care + full day's rest) 5x.

Thus it would take Laura 3 full days to recover from severe injury this way.

Pretty sure I don't have a full understanding of these rules, natural healing coming up so infrequently in games. More than happy to be set straight on this topic.
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2020-03-14 at 04:54 AM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

In math its 11x2x2x2 =88 as you do all multiplication and division first in any equation. So where in the rules do they change math? I dont doubt it but it doesn't make sense as it is either the above or you keep stacking the double(2,4,6) and then multiply by the HD of the creature.

13. - Top - End - #133

DruidGuy

on an unrelated topic. i look forward to the day my character can do something about being attacked mercilessly. sidestepping, tumbling out of the way, whatever :p

it's ok, i've already started research on another toon for when he invariably dies
    Show

The Mod Life Crisis If you need me to address a thread as a Moderator, please include a link

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Ic i haven't been reading anyone else's stuff to avoid metagaming and knowledge i shouldn't know. With that in mind i will say i did warn this game was brutal lol AC helps, but so does dr and miss chance, or just not being hit.

In the fight i had i was thinking about retreating myself as my ranged options were running low and i knew if i couldn't start doing some real damage i would die trying to go toe to toe with the onr i fought. Thankfully landed a few solid hits and was hard enough to hit that the creature decided there was easier prey to have but i know i wont always be so lucky. Why sometime soon i will have einkil buy a crossbow to assist his ranged weakness.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jdizzlean View Post
    on an unrelated topic. i look forward to the day my character can do something about being attacked mercilessly. sidestepping, tumbling out of the way, whatever :p

it's ok, i've already started research on another toon for when he invariably dies
    Davish hasn't suffered any mechanical losses. He is still at full health and alive. Unlike Remiel, for example. Given how driven he is to investigate, however, he may get a chance to actually sidestep, tumble, attack and do many other things.

For now, though, we can have Davish make an Intelligence check. I have also looked up his sheet and noticed that Davish has no ranks in any knowledge skills? Hopefully others in the party (should they meet), can back up in that department.

16. - Top - End - #136

DruidGuy

oh im not complaining, not really. I'm having fun w/ the game for certain, it's just a hard pill to swallow to be thrown about so easily w/ nothing i can do about it. I can put aside RAW, but no attacks of opportunity, saves, etc is hard to get used to. High ac only goes so far, and having a thrower who should threaten a 20ft range makes AoO something at the least, and should I survive to make it to rank 12, that will get infinitely more fun with what i have in store. if not, that's fine, as stated, i'm working on another character now, who has kind of split into two tangents, so maybe it'll turn into 2 back up characters, because you know, SHINY!

Int check

(1d20+2)[10]

skill points were low for what i wanted to do, so knowledge's went out the window. Perhaps some investment into local may be in order from the gameplay so far, again, should he live that long :D
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I'm waiting for jdizzlean to make a post. If he hadn't posted later today, I will make an answer for Nuramon
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2020-03-21 at 02:54 AM.

18. - Top - End - #138

DruidGuy

lol, i was waiting for you to post...
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

:/

We should talk more ooc =D

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dantiesilva View Post
    In math its 11x2x2x2 =88 as you do all multiplication and division first in any equation. So where in the rules do they change math? I dont doubt it but it doesn't make sense as it is either the above or you keep stacking the double(2,4,6) and then multiply by the HD of the creature.
    Well actually here in the rules they change math:

Quote Originally Posted by SRD, The Basics, Multiplying
    Multiplying
    Sometimes a rule makes you multiply a number or a die roll. As long as you’re applying a single multiplier, multiply the number normally. When two or more multipliers apply to any abstract value (such as a modifier or a die roll), however, combine them into a single multiple, with each extra multiple adding 1 less than its value to the first multiple. Thus, a double (×2) and a double (×2) applied to the same number results in a triple (×3, because 2 + 1 = 3).

When applying multipliers to real-world values (such as weight or distance), normal rules of math apply instead. A creature whose size doubles (thus multiplying its weight by 8) and then is turned to stone (which would multiply its weight by a factor of roughly 3) now weighs about 24 times normal, not 10 times normal. Similarly, a blinded creature attempting to negotiate difficult terrain would count each square as 4 squares (doubling the cost twice, for a total multiplier of ×4), rather than as 3 squares (adding 100% twice).
    I think multiplying healing rates for hp regained probably falls under para 1 rather than para 2.
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2020-03-21 at 09:46 AM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Well thats got to be the dumbest thing i have ever seen.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

You've never seen this before? This “math“ is essential for all the 2H / power attack / leap attack / ... calculations.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

I tend not to play with metagame groups that need to multiply lots of math unless its healing so we never really dug into the rules about it as Math is Math as Mr. Incredible would say, and why would they change math. Most of my games are either home games, or with laid back groups online. (Well minus Alan's games which are normally intense, this has been rather calm so far)

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

This is calm?

BTW AlanBruce your last post was directed @Remiel rather than @Nuramon.
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2020-03-22 at 02:37 AM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    This is calm?

BTW AlanBruce your last post was directed @Remiel rather than @Nuramon. :smallsmile
    I recognized that, too and I cried a bit :'(

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    This is calm?

BTW AlanBruce your last post was directed @Remiel rather than @Nuramon. :smallsmile
    Thank you for pointing it out. The post has been edited to address the scout, not the druid.

As for "calm", as Dantie puts it, well... it's a matter of perspective, I suppose. You all saw the attack, damage and saves of these enemies. When compared to the attack and damage output of the PCs, are they any better? Cordelia is a caster based around dealing damage- an easy thing to do in 3.5, so I can understand the reaction to Dantie's statement about them being calm, after a sort.

That being said, I did post in the very first page of the OOC about using Prudence, Common Sense and Foresight (not the 3.5 spell) when taking actions of any sort in this campaign. Especially in the district you are all in now, which is unknown territory for the PCs.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

I wasn't complaining! It's been intense!

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nuramon needs a good portion of luck. He's very gullible and often impertinent. A magnet for troubles. But lot of fun to play - in a very interesting and very good dm'ed campaign.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Davish sat in the corner of the room facing the door while his companion slept, rereading the journal. True to his word, 2 hours later he awoke refreshed, Davish had heard of these beds, but never used one. He was pleasantly surprised when it was offered to him, and accepted with gratitude. Handing over the book, he placed the bed roll in front of the door so it couldn't be opened on them, and promptly fell asleep in his armor.
    If that is indeed the case, have one player PM the book to the other, so its contents are not made public.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AlanBruce View Post
    Sounds like a woman. Some coughing and grunting. Pain. The all too familiar sound of a blade against flesh and then, words spoken:

I cannot make you understand. I cannot make anyone understand what is happening inside me. I cannot even explain it to myself.
    Just to be sure: he hears this from the other room, right? It isn't her blade against Nuramons flesh, right?