Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default New Order: Rise of the Villains (M&M Recruiting) [Closed to New Interest]

New Order
    Rise of the Villains

ďItís the year 2055, and everyone thinks the world is so flipping great right now. All them good little peons get to live out their crap lives in the upper city, working their normal jobs, going on dates, visiting friends. All under the protection of those sanctimonious heroes. Donít none of them know what itís like down here in the slums.

Ever since those do-gooders showed up, no one is allowed to step out of line. No one expresses their freedom like they used to. People call us crazy and anti-social, but when was the last time you saw a well executed graffiti tag on the side of the I97 underpass? Or watched a bunch of teenagers knock over a liquor store for some weekend good times? Hell, there hasnít been a successful bank robbery in the downtown area since 2029. Itís just depressing.

I tell ya, there ainít no freedom left. Anyone goes against whatís ďgood and properĒ and they get smacked down by one of them cape wearing mothers, and end up on The Island. I got a brother out there who didnít do nothing but jack a car from some old biddy who was too old to be driving anyway, whatís wrong with that? Ask me, he was saving lives. Now heís spending ten to twenty in a cell. Just ainít right.

Personally, not for nothin, but I hope someone comes along soon and gives them super heroes a good smack down. You as me? This world is in desperate need of a New Order.Ē - Random Criminal

Spoiler: Sixteen
    Show
    1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
    Mutants and Masterminds 3e

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
    This game is set in a fictional version of the near future where super heroes exist and having pushed criminals and super villains into slum cities. A social segregation has taken place, and any behavior deemed even remotely rebellious, deviant or criminal results in exile to the slums or prison.

The game will follow a group of super villains who are tired of being thwarted in their efforts to take control from the heroes, and have come together to form a new organization with the goal of tearing down society and rebuilding the world in their own twisted self interests.

The intention of this game is to tell a grim, dark story of villains rising to power through whatever means are necessary. These characters are NOT the good guys trying to take down a corrupt society. They are bad guys motivated by self interest and self gratification trying to carve out a kingdom for themselves and everyone else be damned.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
    I will be accepting five total players for this game

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
    PbP at Giant in the Playground

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
    This game will begin with characters at PL 12. These should be super villains who have probably been in the game for a while.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
    Equipment should be acquired normally.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
    I'm looking for intelligent super villains, not psycho killers. Masterminds and leaders, not thugs and anarchists.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
    Pretty much anything is fair game. Characters can be humans, aliens, robots, fairies, mutants or whatever else they want. I will insisted on a humanoid body and generally human characteristics just to keep things simple.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    As previously stated characters are PL 12 with 180 Power Points to spend

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
    Characters should obviously be villains.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
    N/A

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
    Players will roll their own dice for all appropriate situations and post results in the game thread

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
    No homebrew, variant or optional rules. Stick to the rules as written.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
    Tell me who you are. What is your origin? Where did your powers come from? Why are you a villain? Do you have an arch-nemesis?

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
    This game will be story based in its narrative with combat being used when it is appropriate to the story. Roleplaying will play a big role in the development of the characters, world and story.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
    Players may use any M&M 3E published source book
    Last edited by Zero_Point; 2020-01-20 at 01:28 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Dark M&M Villain Game Interest Check

Im potentially interested, I will to decide about the character depending on the specifics of the premise

3. - Top - End - #3

Interested. I've been itching to use a telepath. This sounds like a great game for a telepath. Not like a telekinetic. Straight telepath.
    Last edited by gac3; 2020-01-12 at 11:27 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4

Potential interest pending hard details.
    A man who dies fighting with his principles intact dies in glory. To expect enemies to follow the same code of honor defiles that honor, reducing it to a set of arbitrary rules.

5. - Top - End - #5

RedWizardGuy

Likewise potentially interested pending more detail.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGirl

I'd also like to post potential interest pending as well.
    Minister of sarcasm and pragmatism of the Grayview fanclub.

No, none of us were altering the unimutable laws of physics. That would be wrong.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground

Devil

Potential interest

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: New Order: Rise of the Villains (M&M Recruiting)

Edited thread into a proper recruitment. Details in first post.

This is going to be tricky given the need to avoid profanity and darker subjects. But we'll see how it goes.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

This looks intriguing.

How do you feel about allowing metamorph? I know it can be considered broken, but I had an idea for a character with multiple forms that I think would work really well as a villain.

If metamorph isn't allowed I may have another character I can submit.

10. - Top - End - #10

So, as previously stated, I intend to make a telepath. Would being the leader of an organized crime network not be a thing? Would it have been taken down by the system?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Halfling in the Playground

Devil

Zero point why are we avoiding profanity and darker subjects?

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombranti View Post
    I assumed they meant to stay within forum rules

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

How do you feel about allowing metamorph?
    If it's only one other form I'm fine with no restriction. Any more than one and I would put a time limit on how long the other forms can be maintained before reverting back to normal.

Would being the leader of an organized crime network not be a thing? Would it have been taken down by the system?
    You may have had an organization before, but it has been dismantled or disbanded before the start of the game.

Part of the games progression will involve building up a new organization around the New Order with all of you as leaders.

To comply with the forum rules. Excessive profanity is a violation of the guidelines as is masking and substitutions. The same for some of the darker themes one might expect in a villain focused game.

I don't want myself or any of the players in this game getting hit with infractions or getting banned for breaking the rules.

14. - Top - End - #14

Very interested

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

This is still a massive work in progress, but I wanted to get it up now in case there are any major changes that need to be made to the over-all concept. Also I have been using like five open calculators while trying to build this character just to try and keep track of point totals nd power costs. I'm sure I've probably screwed up somewhere along the way.

Crunch done. Working on fluff

Wren Winters
    Lady Demona

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

Abilities

STR: 0. STA: 12. AGI: 0. DEX: 0.
    FGT: 0. INT: 0. AWE: 0. PRE: 0.

Attacks

Initiative: +8.
    Attack: +12 (DC 27 Damage, DC 22 Effect).

Defenses

Dodge (12): +12. Parry (12): +12. Toughness: +12. Fortitude: +12. Will (12): +12.

Skills

Deception 12 (+12), Intimidation 12 (+12), Perception 12 (+12)

Advantages

Attractive, Contacts, Improved Initiative 2, Luck 4, Move-by Action, Taunt, Well Informed

Powers

Aspects of the Nether: Morph 1 (Metamorph 3, Feature 1 [Can only hold an Aspect for One hour]) 9-points

Heraldís Voice: Communication 3 (Mental, Subtle 2); Linked Comprehend 3 (Languages 3) 20-points

Heraldís Access: Teleport 8 (Accurate, Portal) 40-points

Herald of the Nether: 30-point Array {30+2}

Heraldís Touch: Affliction 12 (Entranced/Compelled/Controlled; Will; Progressive, Instant Recovery) Accurate 6 (30)

Heraldís Mercy: Heal 7 (Area [burst], Selective, Persistent, Stabilize)

Heraldís Sight: Senses 21 (Awareness [Magic], Counters Concealment 5, Counters Illusions, Darkvision, Direction Sense, Infravision, Postcognition, Radius [Visual], Rapid Vision 3, Tracking 2, Noticable)

Spoiler: Aspect of Night
    Show
    Aspect of Night

Abilities

Attacks

Defenses

Dodge (12): +12. Parry (12): +12. Toughness: +12. Fortitude: +12. Will (12): +12.

Skills

Acrobatics 12 (+12), Intimidation 12 (+12), Perception 12 (+12), Stealth 20 (+20)

Advantages

All Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Evasion, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Initiative 2, Luck 5, Move-by Action, Skill Mastery (Stealth), Uncanny Dodge

Powers

Aspects of the Nether: Morph 1 (Metamorph 3, Feature 1 [Can only hold an Aspect for One hour]) 9-points

Shadow Master: Create 8 (Continuous, Precise) 25-points

Shadow Form: 42-point Array {42+5}.

Incorporeal Form: Insubstantial 4 (Incorporeal; Affected by Light); Flight 10; Enhanced Flight 2 (Limited [Only while Double-Moving]).

Clinging Darkness: Affliction 12 (Dazed+Vulnerable+Impaired/Stunned+Defenseless+Disabled/Incapacitated; Fortitude; Ranged, Extra Condition 2, Accurate 6, Limited [First conditions are limited to physical actions only, second and third are limited degree])

Arrow of Dusk: Damage 12 (Ranged) Linked Affliction 12 (Vulnerable/Defenseless; Fortitude; Ranged, Limited Degree); Accurate 6.

Moonless Blade: Damage 12 Linked Affliction 12 (Dazed+Vulnerable/Stunned+Defenseless/Incapacitated; Fortitude; Extra Condition, Cumulative, Limited [First conditions are limited to physical actions only, second conditions are limited degree]); Accurate 6.

Phantoms of Fear: Illusion 12 (Visual, Selective, Resistible); Linked Affliction 12 (Entranced/Immobile; Will; Progressive, Instant Recovery, Limited Degree); Accurate 6

Shadow Hounds: Summon 10 (Active, Horde, Mental Link, Multiple Minions 1)

Calculations

PL: 12. PP: 0/180.
    Abilities: 24. Stats: 36. Skills: 26. Advantages: 14. Powers: 80.

Spoiler: Aspect of Perdition
    Show
    Aspect of Perdition

Abilities

Attacks

Defenses

Skills

Insight 12 (+12), Intimidation 12 (+12), Perception 12 (+12)

Advantages

All Out Attack, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Trip, Luck 5, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Redirect

Powers

Chains of Deflection: Deflect 5 (Area [Burst], Selective) 15-points

Close the Gap: Leaping 12; 12-points

Chains of Perdition: 54-point Array {54+3}.

Chains of Binding: Affliction 12 (Hindered/Immobile/Paralyzed; Fortitude; Concentration, Cumulative, Ranged); Accurate 6

Chains of Enfeeblement: Weaken 12 (Broad [Abilities], Concentration, Ranged); Accurate 6

Chains of Torment: Damage 12 (Ranged) Linked Affliction 12 (Dazed/Stunned/Paralyzed+Vulnerable/Defenseless/Incapacitated); Fortitude; Extra Condition); Accurate 6

Chains of Negation: Nullify 12 (Broad [Magic], Simultaneous, Effortless); Accurate 6

Calculations

Abilities: 24. Stats: 36. Skills: 15. Advantages: 13. Powers: 92.

Spoiler: Aspect of Behemoth
    Show
    Aspect of Behemoth

Abilities

Attacks

Defenses

Skills

Athletics 12 (+12), Close Combat 12 (+12), Intimidation 12 (+12), Perception 12 (+12)

Advantages

All Out Attack, Close Attack, Improved Initiative 2, Luck 5, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Takedown 2

Powers

Hide of the Beast: Protection 12; 12-points

Hard to Kill: Regeneration 5 (Persistant) 10-points

Unstoppable: Power Lifting 11 (Precise); 12-points

Wings of the Beast: Flight 12 (Wings); 12-points

Arms of the Beast: 30-point Array {30+2}

Razor Claws: Damage 12; Linked Affliction 12 (Fortitude; Vulnerable/Defenseless; Cumulative, Limited Degree) Accurate 6

Hammer Fists: Damage 12; Linked Affliction 12 (Fortitude; Dazed/Stunned; Cumulative, Limited Degree) Accurate 6

Tentacle Lash: Damage 12 (Multiattack); Accurate 6

Calculations

Abilities: 24. Stats: 36. Skills: 21. Advantages: 13. Powers: 86.
    Last edited by Glitchy; 2020-01-21 at 02:05 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Michael "Trace" Jones, former super soldier turned mercenary

Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 210
    Origin: Genetic modification
    Known Crimes: Desertion, multiple counts of theft, suspected in 37 assassinations, violations of the Geneva Convention, eleven counts of killing in self defense under suspicious circumstances
    Spoiler: Sheet
    Show
    Powers:
    Power Level 12
    Power Points: 180

Abilities: 24ppts
    Str: 0
    Dex: 0
    Agi: 0
    Sta: 12
    Int: 0
    Awa: 0
    Pres: 0
    Fight: 0

Defenses: 36ppts
    Initiative: +8
    Toughness: +12
    Fort: +12
    Dodge: +12
    Will: +12
    Parry: +12

Skills: 44ppts
    Athletics +14, Vehicles +10, Perception +20, Investigation +10, Insight +10, Close Combat +12, Ranged Combat +12

Advantages: 15ppts
    Power Attack, All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Accurate Attack, Takedown, Improved Initiative (3), Move-By Action, Improved Trip, Fast Grab, Tracking, Luck, Instant Up

Powers: 59ppts
    Enhanced Physiology: Supersoldier Genetics
    -Enhanced Strength 5 (1600 lbs, lifting only) 5ppts
    -Speed 4 (30mph) 4ppts
    -Sesnes 6 (Analytical Sight/Hearing, Infravision, Rapid Vision, Micro Sight 1, Ultra Hearing) 6ppt
    -Immunity 1 (Aging) 1ppt

Systema: Close Combat Array
    Damage 12 (Alternate 1) 13ppts
    -Affliction 12 (Pain, vs Fortitude, Dazed/Defenseless/Incapacitated)

Arsenal: Ranged Combat Array
    Dragon SAF: Damage 12 (Ranged, Multiattack, Removable (-7) Alternate 3) 32ppts
    -Control Grenade: Affliction 9 (vs Fortitude, Ranged, Area: Burst, Hindered/Immobile/Paralyzed)
    -Thermite Shot: Damage 12 (Ranged, Penetrating 5)
    -Grapnel Attachment: Movement: Swinging

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    Michael Jones was a sergeant in the US Army, with a track record of periodic insubordination and anger problems. He simply never saw the point of all this "hearts and minds" nonsense the top brass had such a h*ardon for. He was hard on his men, but he made them one of the best units in the armed forces. Had his past been less spotty, Michael would have been a shoe in for an instructor position at Ranger school, maybe even the SEALS. But it wasn't in the cards. Instead once the conflicts in the middle east wound down, he left the army and went private, joining up with Blackwater. Finally with an outfit that wouldn't stifle his instincts, he was making good money and doing what he saw as good work all over the world. After a few years, when age was starting to slow him down, the company received an offer. Men were needed for experiments in genetic engineering, nothing drastic, more of a proof of concept.

The money was incredible, more than Michael would make in five years, and seemed to him a nice nest egg to retire on. He was told the treatments would be very minor, change his eye or hair color permanently, just experiments in the opening trials of human testing. But by some genetic fluke, the injections had a much different effect. He became much stronger than he had been, stronger than a human should be, and fast as well, able to run down a horse, but most significantly his senses expanded, he could see things invisible to the human eye, he could see heat, and he could hear ultrasonic frequencies, which was a nice change of pace from the tinnitus he'd suffered for years.

His employers were hesitant to deploy him as an operator anymore, a superhuman soldier was too great a risk for bad press, so he was "fired" then hired as a contractor to continue his work. The effects of age gone, he started taking mercenary work from shadier sources, his new abilities making him a more valuable asset, but it was short lived. As the "super heroes" started getting more prevalent and more famous, the work started to dry up, no one wanted to risk high profile kidnappings or wetwork when some caped weirdo can drop out of the sky and ruin everything. So now, for his own financial well being, Michael has decided something needs to be done to fix this. Time to kill some capes.

Spoiler: Complications
    Show

Motivation: Revenge
    Trace seeks to get even with the agency that took his life away and made him what he is. Before the procedures that changed him, he strove to challenge himself to be better, to make more of himself. But now? Now his accomplishments mean nothing, they glorify them, what they made of him, not he himself. And for that, he turned to zero-scruples mercenary work to build up the contacts and resources he'd need to find them and make them pay.

Motivation: Money
    Money makes the world go round. It also buys beer, companionship, and the intel he needs to track down his targets.

Not my First Rodeo
    Trace knows he's among the best at what he does, and he likes to show it, especially to those who lack his practical experience in combat and rely on their tricks and powers, rather than hard-won experience.

Snot-Nosed Punks
    Super heroes. Idiots with powers and no brains to back them up. Sure some aren't hopeless, but most? They know nothing about real fighting, they get by on just being faster, stronger. Few things give Trace the satisfaction of showing some jumped-up cape that the strength to lift a building don't mean they'll win a fight.
    Last edited by Rhyvurg; 2020-01-21 at 05:47 AM.
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Really love the idea, really have no clue how to play. A winning combination!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Firbolg in the Playground

Work in progress.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hexen

Name: Madeline Traeger
    Public Name: Hexen
    Nationality: American
    Wanted For: Bio-terrorism and plain old terrorism, murder, breaking and entering, espionage, (massive) destruction of property.
    Most known for: Dropping an air-craft carrier on the HQ of *Insert Big Supes Organisation Here*, sinking the Strike Force Zero, which was a multinational naval flotilla sent to capture her on her private island.

Personality:

History:

Mechanics:
    Spoiler
    Show

Abilities: (30 pp)
    Str 0, Sta 0, Agl 1, Dex 1, Fgt 1, Int 6, Awe 3, Pre 3

Defenses: (43pp)
    Dodge 12
    Parry 12
    Fort 12
    Toughness 12 (Impervious)
    Will 12
    Initiative +10

Skills: (21pp)
    Expertise (Science) +14, Insight +8, Perception +8, Persuasion +12/+14 (situation), Ranged Combat (Magnetism Manipulation array) +8, Technology +14.

Advantages: (7pp)
    All-out Attack, Attractive 1, Improved Initiative 1, Inventor, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Speed of Thought.

Powers: (83pp)

"Magnetic Force Field" (Array, 25pp)
    Main Power: Force Field 12
    +12 toughness; impervious, sustained.

- Alt. Power: "Enclosed Environment" (Immunity 10)
    Immunity: Life Support

"Magnokinesis" (Dynamic Array, 58pp)
    - Main Power: "Create Magnetic Force Constructs" (Create 12)
    Range 1,200 ft, Volume 4,000 cft, DC 22; Increased Duration (Continuous), Stationary, Subtle 2: invisible.

- Alt. Power: "Manipulate Metal" (Multiple Effects)
    - Move Object 16: 1,600 ft, 50ktons, Advantages: Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Homing 2, Increased Mass 5, Precise, Subtle 2 (Undetectable), Limited material (metals)
    - Extra Limbs 6: Projection, Limited (each extra "limb" must be a piece of metal"), Improved Grab.
    - Elongation 8: Limited (Only activated when Extra Limbs is activated; elongation is how "far" the extra limbs can extend), 1,800 ft, +8 to grab.

- Alt. Power: "Mass Manipulate Metal" (Burst Area Move Object 12)
    1,200 ft, 100 tons, burst Area 2 (60 feet radius), Precise, Limited Materials (Metals)

- Alt Power: "Magnetic Blast" (Blast 14)
    1,400 ft, DC 29, Homing 2, Incurable, Penetrating 5.

- Alt. Power: "Metal Storm" (Burst Area damage 12)
    1,200 ft, Burst Area (30 ft radius), Incurable, Secondary Effect, Unreliable (5 uses), DC 27.

- Alt. Power: "Cranial Magnetic Stimulation" (Affliction 16)
    1,600 ft, 1st Degree: Vulnerable, 2nd Degree: Stunned, Resisted by: Will, DC 26, Cumulative, Homing 4, Increased Range, Subtle 2 (Undetectable), Limited Degree.

- Alt. Power: "Magnetic Flight" (Multiple Effects)
    - Flight 15: 64,000 miles/hour, 120 miles/round, Subtle 2 (Undetectable)
    - Movement 1: Space Travel 1 (Within Solar System)

- Alt. Power: "EM Field Senses" (Multiple Effects)
    - Enhanced Trait: Perception +10
    - Senses 17: Accurate (EM Fields), Awareness (EM Fields), Counters All Concealment (EM Fields), Penetrates Concealment (EM Fields), Direction Sense, Extended 3 (EM Fields), Radio.

- Alt. Power: "EMP Blast" (Burst Area Nullify 12)
    1,200 ft, DC 22, Burst Area (30 ft radius), Broad, Counters: Technology.

- Alt. Power: "Warp Metals" (Transform 10)
    1,000 ft, 1 thing > 1 thing (Metals), Transforms 12 tons, Increased Mass 5, Increased Range: Ranged.

30 Abilities +83 Powers + 7 Advantages + 21 Skills + 43 Defenses = 184/180

Complications:
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2020-01-19 at 11:28 PM.
    My Homebrew:
    Pathfinder - The Demonologist
    Pathfinder - The Runeseer

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    Michael "Trace" Jones, former super soldier turned mercenary
    Great, now the Warmonger would look redundant. Well, he was too psychotic anyway.

Working on a narcissic speedster instead.
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isnít D&D, flaming the troll doesnít help either.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Posting interest. Probably either some sort of occultist or technopath.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Gifts View Post
    Well, I go by Annatar on one or two other places.
    You're going to have one hell of a time proposing.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Posting interest and will have a character sheet by today hopefully

As for excessive profanity I find that the good dark characters/villains dont even do that. It's just too comical to be swearing all the time. But if you want to keep the darker subjects you can always do it over Discord
    Last edited by Jumbus; 2020-01-15 at 12:39 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

RedWizardGuy

I'm thinking of trying out a sort of biokinetic brute type of character. So minor shapeshifting, low level regen, bit of healing, gets by on combat on being tough as hell, pretty strong, and a bunch of touch-range Afflictions. Either that, or my traditional favourite of Superboy-style tactile TK brute.

23. - Top - End - #23

For my telepathic powers, would you prefer not having perception range? I know some people find that cheesy.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Identity: Street Justice
    Name: The (Formerly) Honorable Justice Philip Haines
    Concept: Corrupt former judge with the power to bend the law to his whim.
    Catchphrase: I Am The Law!
    Wanted For: Corruption, Abuse of Public Office, Accepting Bribes, Manslaughter, Unlawful Imprisonment, Aiding & Abetting, Solicitation, Trademark Infringement (see catchphrase), Criminal Damage, Felony Misuse of Metahuman Abilities and 902 counts of Contempt of Court.
    Career Highlight: Successfully forging release orders for 25 high priority Island Residents before the Supers caught on.

Work in progress.
    Zenithbold-Bard by Lord Raziere | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Posting interest. Perhaps a nightcrawler esqie teleporter who sells "jail break insurance"?

26. - Top - End - #26

WolfInSheepsClothing

Interested but do you guys mind if I play as something like the Mastermind form city of villains? What do you guys think for minions demon or undead?
    Last edited by Stormwolf69; 2020-01-15 at 03:45 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27

Lizardfolk

Well first M&M character, I've played similar games to this but it took a while to learn the format.

Enter Lagoon, the creature under the city.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Edit: Should I be maxing out my characters defenses too?
    Last edited by Jumbus; 2020-01-15 at 04:33 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Interested! Been tinkering on a concept for a bit: the idea is a necromantic themed character that goes well beyond the usual raising and communicating with the dead and into full necropunk territory. I haven't quite decided how to make it work mechanically, but they're likely to end up as a crafting focused character. Depending on group composition I might lean more or less into the typical styling of magic.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf69 View Post
    Interested but do you guys mind if I play as something like the Mastermind form city of villains? What do you guys think for minions demon or undead?
    I wouldn't have a problem with it, just keep in mind once you get into minions and summons you can break the game VERY easily via action economy.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbus View Post
    Well first M&M character, I've played similar games to this but it took a while to learn the format.

Enter Lagoon, the creature under the city.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Edit: Should I be maxing out my characters defenses too?
    Everything should be capped. Your damage, attack bonuses, and saves should all be as high as the system allows. If a stat has a lower limit due to another being higher that's fine (but don't go too far with that), but it should all be as high as you can get it.