Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Reinholdt's Repository

[Battle Creek Falls]

Presumably in order to use a lasso or talk with someone else or look around you or re-straighten the blankets or whatever while riding a horse, June has to get good enough at Qi manipulation that she doesn't even need to use her hands.

Jedrek gives June no indication at all if it has been long enough, his face the definition of manly, chiseled, and stoic.

"That was four minutes and fifty seconds," he informs her. "I was hoping you would make it five minutes before moving on, but I think it's close enough we can continue anyways." He is not the kind to quibble over seconds. "Very well done."

He stands as well, leaving the stance for the time being. "I believe the longest I held that stance was eighteen days."

[Caedem Temple]

At the foot of an overgrown temple waits an abominably beautiful fey, seated on the wings of a bird statue. He reaches into his leather jacket, pulling out a flask, and taking more than a few sips. Probably relaxing after carving his way through some of the underbrush leading to and around the temple. Normally Reinholdt would fly over such problems, but today he had guests coming to help him and wanted to make it easier for them to arrive. So he showed up early, scoped the place out and cleaned up a bit. That deserves a drink or two!

Rein told Kitty and Obriane the basics of course. He would hire them to help him handle some spooky spirits while he was on official HALO business. Well, he presumes there will be spooky spirits. Everything he's read about this place suggested it was bad news. Something he decided he'd explain in full detail once they got here! Either way, he'd pay them for their time plus appropriate hazard pay and Reinholdt has never skimped on tips.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Battle Creek Falls]

Being able to do all those things without using her hands would be very impressive. Would probably need thousands of hours of practice to be able to do that, she assumes.

Even on the ground, June looks at his chiseled, manliness-defining face. "Oh, so close. With more practice, I should be able to get to that," she says.
    And, really...eighteen days! Not just eighteen minutes or eighteen hours. How can that even be possible. Most people would die of boredom by then. Not to mention, the possibility of getting blood clots. If your muscles last that long.
    "Wow." Still, incredibly impressive.

June rolls over, with a leg moving up towards her chest, then stands up by rocking back to the other leg. "Will make sure I practice to consistently get five, then."
    She takes a deep breath.
    "Okay, so what else?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

[Caedem Temple]

Kitsuki shows up just ahead of Obriane, all suited up for adventure. Her boots and pants are very practical, thought he crop top might have been inadvisable. She hefts a backpack on her shoulders, full of ghostbusting supplies.

"Hey Rein!" She gives him a big overhead wave as they approach. "This place is really out here, huh? How'd you even come across a place like this?"

4. - Top - End - #214

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Caedem Temple]

At the foot of an overgrown temple waits an abominably beautiful fey, seated on the wings of a bird statue. He reaches into his leather jacket, pulling out a flask, and taking more than a few sips. Probably relaxing after carving his way through some of the underbrush leading to and around the temple. Normally Reinholdt would fly over such problems, but today he had guests coming to help him and wanted to make it easier for them to arrive. So he showed up early, scoped the place out and cleaned up a bit. That deserves a drink or two!

Rein told Kitty and Obriane the basics of course. He would hire them to help him handle some spooky spirits while he was on official HALO business. Well, he presumes there will be spooky spirits. Everything he's read about this place suggested it was bad news. Something he decided he'd explain in full detail once they got here! Either way, he'd pay them for their time plus appropriate hazard pay and Reinholdt has never skimped on tips.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Caedem Temple]

Kitsuki shows up just ahead of Obriane, all suited up for adventure. Her boots and pants are very practical, thought he crop top might have been inadvisable. She hefts a backpack on her shoulders, full of ghostbusting supplies.

"Hey Rein!" She gives him a big overhead wave as they approach. "This place is really out here, huh? How'd you even come across a place like this?"
    [Caedem Temple]

In Obriane's opinion this wasn't really their expertise but it laid just within the purview of her business to accept the job. That and the fact they were going to get well-paid of course.

Didn't mean she wasn't leery about the safety of this job though which probably showed.
    She was showing up in full protective gear, including a helmet on her head and one that she's currently taking out of her bag. Despite carrying just as much gear as Kitty she still runs up to her fiance with the second helmet in tow. "Kitty, remember that you need to wear this while we're inside that place." She declares while presenting it.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

[Battle Creek Falls]

One would probably need qi to survive such a long time. Indeed, perhaps the very act of near self-destruction is what allowed Jedrek to get closer to understanding qi and better at manipulating it out of necessity. It is definitely not the recommended course for new students.

"Consistency is good," Jedrek nods. "First, relax your body and your mind. Free yourself of other thoughts and focus entirely on the task at hand. Then, enter the horse stance for two minutes. Exact timing is not necessary. Do not count. Focus on remaining relaxed and maintaining the pose."

[Caedem Temple]

Reinholdt takes one last quick swig before pocketing the flask again and waving back. "Hey Kitty. You're looking good," Rein comments, easily drawn to her attire for a moment before he hops down from the statue. "And Obriane. You're... prepared."

Right, she liked armor for protecting against spirits. But it's pretty sucky for other things. Well, Rein'll just have to make sure they don't need to dodge serrated arrow traps then. He raises an eyebrow at the helmet offered to Kitty, but says nothing. As far as armor goes, helmet isn't too bad. As long as it doesn't impair vision and is comfortable enough to not be distracting. "The most boring way imaginable. I read about it. I know, I know, it's shocking. But I actually do a lot of reading on my downtime. Treasure Hunting isn't all glamour and games. Ahem... not that we're here to treasure hunt per say."
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2021-02-23 at 05:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Halfling in the Playground

[Getting that Song out of your Head]

"I'll do you one better and give you a ride over there," says Fettina. She waits patiently while Carmen works up her mojo, but there might be a slight hiccup when she tries to erase those memories. Namely a similar reaction to before, when Fettina's own unknown powers repulsed Carmen. There's a flash and if Carmen doesn't pull her hand away fast, it might get a little scorched.

"...So that's a thing." Fettina wrinkles up her nose in frustration.
    My avatar was done by Gulaghar. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

[Caedem Temple]

"Oh, right. Sure babe." Kitsuki takes the helmet and promptly tucks it under her arm. But back to Rein. "Reading, huh? Seems suspect, but I'll take your word for it." She grins. "So what else did ya find out about this place, bookworm?" She teases.
    Last edited by Gulaghar; 2021-02-23 at 11:11 PM.

8. - Top - End - #218

[Battle Creek Falls]

June is thankful that that training is something they can put off for later.

She does her best to relax. She closes her eyes...but that doesn't really help. Still can see everything around. And, what's worse, by trying to forget about everything else, that just makes it feel like there's too much around here.
    Regardless, she figures this is probably good enough. The reason why she's learning this is to ignore the overstimulus that's around. To be able to not get overwhelmed by everything. Getting hung-up on the problem would prevent any progress. So, she enters the horse stance.

...There's still too much going on. The ghost, the animals around, all the plants, everything.
    Normally what she does to help with this is she finds a lot of things to get distracted with, and especially something that requires a lot of movement or focus. Sure, the horse stance requires some focus, but not a lot of thought.

"There's still too much going on around here," she says, keeping her eyes closed and not moving from the stance. "Can't concentrate."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Halfling in the Playground

[Milton Island Assault]

Damon silently stalks over and positions himself just behind and to one side of Ilpholin, folding his arms and looking decidely unimpressed at the captive demon-gnoll-lady. Kind of strange that she's here really, with all of a couple of gnolls watching over here, in this room full of-

Lots and lots of boxes. What was this, some sort of gnoll dumping ground?

Presumably the staff lies somewhere deeper within the facility, through that big ol' door over there.

So perhaps this stuff was discarded, or unsorted? The demon meant as a guard, maybe? Perhaps her summoning was incomplete?

"I doubt my intentionss would influence your actionss, Ilpholin, but if it matterss, I have no interesst in eating thiss one. It iss-" Damon pauses and looks the demon's form over with disdain, "Not to my tasstess."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.