New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Reinholdt's Repository

This is a thread to compile various closed plots I'm involved in when other locations are not required. This functions largely to avoid excessive overlap, digging, and losing posts. This is not an open location.

- - - Updated - - -

[Beautiful Mountain Range]

Reinholdt soars through the air, Holly in his grasp. He's getting a bit tired honestly. It's one thing to fly himself with the power of thought, but carrying someone else for extended periods of time is still pretty rough on the adventurer. He's not beat yet though as he leads her to an impressive mountain with a gorgeous view.

This one even has the advantage of not being haunted, unlike most mountains he visits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Reinholdt's Repository

Holly, the Half-Elf TM, is blissfully unaware of how much her weight is exhausting him.

Instead, the whole way she has been looking at the landscape below them and admiring it and voicing what she thinks of it...and when the distant ground is too boring, doing the same thing looking at his face, including commenting on how pink he is.

So far, she's held off on moving around in an effort to avoid tickling him...but she's planning on doing it when they get closer to the ground and there's somewhere below that she could reasonably walk off without raising any suspicion about why her legs aren't broken.

She wants to do that because she wants to see how he looks while panicking. From what she knows of him so far, she's betting he can pull off looking cute while panicking.

Well, as they approach the mountain, she begins experimenting with small, careful movements to test out where he's most ticklish and what 'accidental' movements she could do to make his arms spasm. A twist here, her arm there, her foot brushes against that... "Oh, I don't think I ever told you that I like mountains." Second only to beaches.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt gets a little pinker when she comments on his pinkness. It's a blush, but it's a hard thing to tell. "An unavoidable side effect. The benefits are too valuable to worry about appearances though." It isn't as bad as Rein always thinks it is. Some have even enjoyed his pink side.

As he talks, Holly will almost certainly notice a mouth twinge, a forced smile. A clear suppression of a tickle if ever there was one. He apparently has a pretty ticklish spot on the left side of his stomach. Probably the right side too, but she didn't check that spot at the same time. She could probably get him pretty good though if she attacked them both at the same time. Might have to find a way past his clothes for maximum effectiveness. Maybe it'd be good enough without though.

"I've never found it a question as to whether women... or men... like the mountains and the beach. Only a question of which one they like more," Reinholdt explains as he finally spots that one place he was looking for.

Spoiler
    Show

Rein starts descending towards the area, circling around a bit. If Holly times it right she could land in the deep end of the water without incident. If she misses, she'll hit rocks. If she'd rather, there are trees and forest and soft underbrush further away. It's more of a drop, but there's more things to break her fall. Rein's choice to spiral down instead of go straight gives her the option.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2020-01-16 at 09:45 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #4

Deciding when the best time to be dropped is hard. Now that the actual moment is here and not just a theoretical future moment, it's hard - especially now that she has a choice.

And if she takes too long to decide, it'll be too late.

Holly goes quiet as she quickly maps out a pro and con for each choice.

Trees, pro: large room for error. con: if she aims for the trees, she will get scratched up and maybe bruised. She could probably make the worst disappear before he realizes what happened, but actually being injured might dampen the atmosphere.
    Water, pro: other than being wet, there's no real downsides to landing in the water at this height. They'll be able to laugh it off later. con: no room for error. If she does it, she has to go all in otherwise that would ruin the whole trip. And going all-in would be harder to play off as an accident.

Actually, if she goes all in, then after the first brief moment of shock, he'll probably figure out it was intentional. Easier to laugh off then, hopefully.

Holly bites her lower lip and waits for the right time when they're right in front of the water. This whole time, she's been up close to his chest and in his arms in order to keep it easier to carry her. She slowly moves her legs away from his center-of-mass to make it more unstable and easier to direct where she goes when she falls. She slightly twists her hips so there will be fewer places to grab on if he tries to catch her. One of her hands slowly slides down his chest while the other holds on tight around his neck...

And...
    Now! She looks behind him and gasps. "Watch out, there's a...!" Her lower hand goes to flip up his shirt at the bottom and reach the ticklish spot she found earlier. Her hand that was around his neck flails and moves down to the opposite side - but on top of the clothes, there's not enough time to reach under. Her hip twists more to pull herself away, and she tries to push out so she falls into the water below.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

[Daring the Mountain Range]

Reinholdt is not usually oblivious, but today it seems like he's quite off guard. Probably too complacent just enjoying the heat they're sharing. Thinking everything's fine so long as they're wrapped up together.

The fool.

Things go off without a hitch for Holly. Rein immediately starts to turn to look, though doesn't turn his body in case he's about to get hit really hard. If he does, Holly would be moderately protected at least. But the true danger was in front of him. His face screws up and he laughs quite loudly, squirming and wriggling in the air, doing anything to make it stop. Stop it does, nearly immediately given he let go of Holly.

A good thing he did at that time too. Another half second and she would have overshot her landing. Lucky for her she lands right in the water as intended, sinking in but not quite touching the bottom. Though not before seeing Rein fall immediately into a panic and shout to her.

The distraught handsome pink fey lands in the water a moment later, hand reaching down to try and pull Holly up. "OhmyCivvy, areyoualright?! I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!" It doesn't seem to have sunk in yet exactly what happened. At this moment all Rein knows is he dropped Holly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

6. - Top - End - #6

Oh.

She hadn't even considered what would have happened if he had turned around. She was just assuming it would be just as difficult to turn around while carrying someone in the air as on the ground, but that's obviously not true.

Good thing it didn't happen.

Holly, meanwhile, has to bite her lower lip to keep from smiling and laughing. Yeah, he looks cute when worried, too.

"I'm fine, I'm fine," she responds. As he reaches out to her, she grabs his hand. "Just a little wet." Luckily this water was here.
    She's a lot calmer than she should be, after being accidentally dropped out of the sky.

Rather than letting her be pulled towards him, she instead kicks her legs so that she can pull him closer instead, trying to kiss his panicked face. "And how are you?"

...While waiting for an answer, she has to now bite her tongue to keep a straight face.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

First relief floods Reinholdt's face as it becomes clear she's fine when she pulls him to her and kisses him. Well now they're both quite wet. Then it catches up to him, especially given what she asked him. His mouth grows into a thin, heavy pout and his cheeks puff up considerably with indignation.

For a moment at least. It's really hard to look at her and stay mad. "You're insufferable, you know that?" Absolutely insufferable! I don't know what he's basing that off of. Probably her laughter if her straight face broke. "I was really worried you know!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

8. - Top - End - #8

It's true. As soon as he started pouting and puffed out his cheeks, Holly couldn't keep her face straight any longer. She kisses his pouting lip, and tries to hold back her laughter for as long as possible, but eventually she has to give in.

"Thank you," she says. "It's sweet to know you were worried."

There's no way she's going to confess that she only did it to see how cute he was with certain emotions. If she tells him that, he'll always be on the lookout in case she tries something similar just to provoke that expression again.

She moves a bit towards the edge, so that she can get a foothold on a rock instead of just treading water, and so that she can start ringing the water out of her hair. "So, is this the spot you were taking me to? Or was it something else nearby and this was just a convenient landing spot?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt slowly cracks into a smile, but it is a suppressed smile he tries to bury under his slowly dissipating rage. He's still angry, but there's a happiness there that's hard to explain.

He mumbles something akin to your welcome I guess, relatively incoherently as he swims over as well just to stand in the shallows. "Yeah. I mean, there may be something else nearby I don't know about, but I'd have to explore to find it. Just thought it looked like a relaxing, secluded area." It is secluded. It thus far has not been relaxing. It has been a rush.

His wording also indicates he hasn't actually been here before and just found it in the air. Sounds about right. He knew the mountain area was gorgeous, but hadn't explored had a chance to truly look around.
    It probably isn't a magical spring.

Probably.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

10. - Top - End - #10

'Probably not magical' sounds like a recipe for accidentally stumbling on a magical spring and will end up with either snakebabies or might be given a sword out of the spring, or they'll turn into merpeople in the moonlight, or their injuries will be healed, or they meet a naiad, or a great fairy might try to enhance their clothes at the price of a couple lizards and goblin guts, or whatever.

With her hair mostly wrung out, she moves a little bit farther, high enough that she can sit on a submerged rock instead of standing on one, and then realizes that now all her clothes are wet, too. Falling into a spring, she should have expected that. "It's pretty nice," Holly says. "Too bad I forgot to bring clothes that are good for swimming in." Looking down through the water, she adds, "I wonder how far down it goes. The water here's got to come from somewhere, right? Judging by the trees, I don't think it rains here enough to be purely rainwater."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

It turns out there aren't that many magical springs that haven't already been discovered and twisted into abominable tourist trap by an industry that doesn't care how many Great Faeries they hurt.

This was an one of them.

Admittedly the magic is subtle. Aerated to the point you can breathe in it is not exactly the greatest. Not the worst either. But also something few people check for.

"Well I didn't plan on swimming in the water," Reinholdt points out accusingly. Sitting next to at the most. "Uhh... I mean, I guess. Do you really think so?" It had water coming from a stream above so Rein didn't really think to check below.

Rein's still wet so he moves in a bit deeper and reposition to get a better look. He dips his head under the water for a bit and pops back up a moment later. "You're right. There's a tunnel or something down there. Seems pretty deep though." Everyone knows swimming into a tunnel of unknown length could leave you helpless and drowning. It's down there though. You can see it from the surface if you angle just right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

12. - Top - End - #12

Glad to be right, Holly seems pretty interested in exploring what's down there. Sure, it's probably boring and there's likely nothing down there, but it still sounds interesting.

"I can hold my breath for a while," she says, "so I can go first." While true, she fails to mention that she can also create gills on the inside of her mouth so she doesn't even need to hold her breath.
    But, wait.
    She's a Half-Elf. Of course she doesn't have gills; she can just hold her breath for a long time.
    ...And also the water's magic. But she doesn't know that yet.
    Coincidentally, apparently half-elves can also see well in dim lighting like in an underwater cave.

So, her outfit isn't exactly good to go swimming in. In fact, it's not really good to jump into the water in. But, since she did that anyway, a couple things about it have changed.

First, there's her make-up. Now, while she's been using make-up for about a year or so, she's still not the best at picking out good brands. While her foundation is waterproof, her mascara isn't, for example. So while her scars are still nearly hidden, it's clear that it will need a touch-up or will need to just be removed.
    And then there's her hair. The impact with the water let it loose, so some of the black roses are now floating in the water...though there are still some twisted in her hair.

Her shawl came loose smacking into the water, as well. Holly reaches out and grabs that, and then sets it on the side of the pond out of the water. She removes her necklace and bracelet, too, and wraps them up in the shawl...but she leaves her ring on. Her purse that was up around her arm goes in it as well. Next, her gloves come off, and then her heel are also placed on land. One of the gloves, however, she uses to tie all her loose hair back into a super-messy ponytail.

That leaves...basically, her dress. It's one of those that's designed to work best without a bra or undershirt, so that's probably why she's keeping it on. Fortunately, it's already small and short so it won't have too much drag and weight by the water. Although its slit will make it easier to use her legs, she still hikes it up to her mid-thighs so the clinginess won't matter as much. "Okay. I'm ready. Will you be following right after me?"

After hearing what he says and possibly agreeing to any conditions he sets -- she already worried him once today, no need to make it a second time -- she dives down.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well... alright I guess. Just be careful," Reinholdt hesitantly agrees to some exploration, unable to hold off his own curiosity. "But you still have... you know... flowers there." Reinholdt points at the back of his head to imitate where Holly should be looking to find her flowers. There's a good chance she'll want to remove those all before going swimming. As far as he can imagine anyways.

Speaking of taking things off, Reinholdt goes to the edge and pulls himself out of the pool entirely before he begins. His cologne's all but washed away and his hair is messier. He takes his jacket off and his shoes and socks, which is reasonable. But he doesn't seem to entirely understand modesty as he starts to unbutton his shirt as well, pulling it off and leaving only his bare chest. Stopping there could work, but he doesn't, unbuckling his belt and sliding his pants down, kicking them off too. He's left mostly naked, in his cat paw print boxers. Ideal for swimming at least.

The true reason he took off so much though becomes apparent as he moves the clothes and spreads them out on the rocks to catch the most sun, hanging others on nearby trees. It seems he's thinking ahead and planning to have them start to dry off. He'll take any clothes that Holly indicates as well and do his best to get them hanging in a good spot also.

"Yes. I'll be after you shortly," Reinholdt assures her, allowing her to get enough of a head start if she wishes. Which he will do once he gets back in the pool, task complete.

Diving down, Holly finds the tunnel actually has some light coming from it. It's faint, weak compared to sunlight, hence why it was unnoticeable from above. The source appears to be trace amounts of luminescent rocks and moss splattered around on the edges of the tunnel. A fair ways in the tunnel and it actually forks. One side to the left and slightly up, the other right and steeply down. Both sides continue to have light, but it would be hard to even reach the fork to make a choice in one held breath, let alone follow that choice to its conclusion.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

14. - Top - End - #14

[Daring the Underwater Tunnel]

"Oh, thanks." The flowers. She thought nearly all of them had fallen out, but...turns out there were still a bunch in her hair. She could feel one or two when she made her ponytail, but...she feels again. She tries to take as many out of her hair as possible, but a couple are caught in the ponytail so she leaves those ones.
    Ha, his boxers. They don't really seem to match the rest of his outfit, so it makes Holly smirk a little.
    The only real clothes she had available to hang up were a single glove and the shawl, so...only those two things get hung up.

Holly takes advantage of her head start: her plan was to go a decent distance while holding her breath, to approximate how far he could swim, and then to make gills so that she could go a little farther, and then go back and help him back up in case he runs out of breath.

So...she swims down.
    And swims.
    And swims.

Her dress slows her down a little but not a significant amount.

It just keeps on going, but she wants to see if it changes...so she makes gills in her throat and speeds up her swimming. Wrapped up in looking at her surroundings, she doesn't notice that her blood's getting more oxygen than she would expect.
    There, in the distance, at the end of how far she can see at the moment! She can see a fork, and one of the paths goes up so probably has an air pocket, but...
    ...but she estimates, if he jumped in the water when she thought he did, he'll be getting low on breath and probably will need to turn around and will definitely worry about her making it back in time, considering her head-start.

She turns around and tries to find him.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Holly can find Reinholdt pretty easily. He actually isn't much farther than the tunnel entrance, not only going in after her, but also not keeping pace with her speed. It quickly becomes clear he's actually not much of a swimmer. Kind of terrible actually. To be fair, he only learned a few years ago and hasn't had much practice since then. Something about some cats and water doesn't seem to mix.

Still, when he notices Holly, he nods to her, and motions at her before turning around and swimming back out and towards the surface. A much easier task. Boy does he gasp for breath when he surfaces though, lungs burning. He doesn't know how Holly did it. Figures it must be a half-elf thing or she's actually had some practice or history with it he just doesn't know about.

He probably didn't see the gills in the short period with the weak lighting underwater.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #16

Because she wants him to continue probably not noticing, she covers up and removes the gills before she reaches the surface.

...Unfortunately, the gills were sloppily done and undone because she was underwater while doing it. As a result, a little bit of water got in her lungs. Holly can still breathe...that's weird. And, thinking back, there did seem to be a lot of oxygen in the water.

She coughs up the small amount of water anyway. "There's a split in the tunnel, and one side goes up so possibly there's an air pocket there, but it'd be hard to get there in one breath."

Holly swims to the edge of the spring, thinking about how she could test if the water's breathable. Even if she gets it in and she can't breathe, she could just make gills again and stay in the water until she clears her lungs. Now at the edge, she asks one more thing: "You can do CPR, right? There's something about this water..." Of course he can do CPR, he's a treasure hunter.

Holly leans over and sticks her head underwater, and takes in a deep breath of water, and...

. . .

doesn't start struggling or drowning.

Weird.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt's still catching his breath as he treads water. "Phew. Yeah?" Shame about that fork. Guess they'll have to stay here and-

"CPR? I mean, you don't need that excuse to get me to kiss you, but yeah I can. ...Whyy-?" Rein barely gets the question out before Holly sticks her head back underwater. He's honestly more confused than concerned because he expected her to dive deep or something and linger down there. And if she needed to be pulled out she'd need CPR. But no, she's just putting her head underwater and blowing a whole lot of bubbles.
    Huh?

Reinholdt takes a breath and dips under the water as well, his whole body so he can get a look at what she's doing. Why is her mouth open?! Rein's eyes grow wide as he realizes she's just sucking in all the water she can. Sh-should he stop her? She's doing it of her own volition, but this was just crazy!

Why does that make her seem even more attractive?
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #18

Obviously, it makes her seem more attractive because it makes him imagine the CPR he'll have to do.

"Hey," Holly tries to say. She's sure the water makes her sound different, but she's not entirely sure how since voices always sound differently in your mind than how other people hear it. She moves away from the edge, so she can sink a little and not have to bend her body at a weird angle just to do this.

She tries to make her lip movements as clear as possible and maybe even a little exaggerated, so even if he can't hear her properly, he could at least try to read her lips. "I think I can breathe this water." This is actually a little weird. She removed the gills, but she can still breathe under here. Is this just a her-thing? Or does it affect both of them?

She wants to dive down, because now she could probably swim the whole way without him worrying, but...first she wants to see if he can, too. If he can, great. If he can't, she doesn't want him trying to follow her without her around. "Can you? Is it the same?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

That makes sense.

Reinholdt is taken aback at first. That she was talking, breathing the water. Anyone would be. Not that he understood her that well, but it was pretty clear what she was saying nonetheless. If she were one eleventh triton or something, she probably would have brought that up above the water.

With exceptional trepidation, and a desire to see how close he can get to death, Reinholdt opens his mouth and sucks in a lungful of water. At first he starts to panic cause it just feels like water in his lungs and that's an exceptionally weird feeling no matter how magic it might be.

But after the initial moment, he finds that while his lungs were cold and wet, they weren't burning. His body wasn't desperately calling out for breath. He wasn't drowning. Fortunate for him, unfortunate for cyborgs. Maybe unfortunate for Holly if her end goal was CPR. Fortunate for her exploration desires.

"I am very confused." That's understandable. Water shouldn't do this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #20

To be honest, CPR isn't really all that sexy.
    If Holly were hoping for a kiss, there's many better ways to do that than to try to drown.

She keeps her mouth pretty open to breathe - it's got to be a lot harder to breathe water through your nose because of the smaller area, and besides, fish keep their mouths open to breathe, right? She seems like she's already gotten used to breathing it, however. That's one of the things she's kinda good at, adapting to new situations.

Discovering that she can actually hear him speak, she decides there's no need to exaggerate her lips when talking anymore. "Me, too," she says. "This is really weird." But no point in figuring it out, because they have a tunnel to explore.

She looks at him for a few moments, and then, finally realizing she's just staring at his chest, she laughs a bit. "Oh! Come on," she says. She reaches for his hand to grab it, so they can swim down together. "I'll show you where I got to, and the fork in the tunnel."

The half-human woman swims down, hoping to drag him along - because she swims faster than he does. On the way, she explains the intersection she saw. "There were two paths, one that goes up and one that goes down. I was thinking about taking the way up because it might have a place to breathe, but since it looks like we're fine, we might as well go down."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

The extremely painful chest compressions are sexy right?

Reinholdt tries to breath through his nose, but eventually gives up. It's not that it can't be done, it's that it takes more time and training and discipline than he wants to put into it. So he follows Holly's lead on this one. Including when she takes his hand and leads him to the fork, his eyes constantly drawn towards her powerful kicking legs.

"So long as we stay fine, sure I guess." He's still feeling cautious, but that's because the only other time he's been in the water for this long it was on a sunken ufo with Sith Lords and zombie Waldos all trying to kill him.

They go to the right and down, swimming a ways until it opens to a large underwater cavern, walls lined with that luminescent moss. The rocks that were glowing don't seem to be a part of the area anymore. They must be up and to the left.

The cavern is exciting in it's own right and there's actually quite a few tunnels that branch off from it leading to who knows where? An entire underground network of them it looks like. Oddly, there appear to be a pair of baskets with moss gathered in them sitting on the floor. Kinda like picnic baskets. Perhaps the moss is edible? There's no sign of the owners of said baskets though.

Reinholdt flips out a survival knife, despite having nowhere on his body it could have been short of his boxers. It wasn't there either, having pulled it directly from his hammerspace. With it, he carves a mark beside the tunnel exit they just came from. Then pokes around his head looking at the other routes. "We probably should be careful going any further or we'll get lost." The other routes do all look very much the same. Rocky and filled with water.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2020-01-23 at 10:38 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #22

He's taking advantage of the opportunity of her being ahead by admiring her legs? Shame on him and let's ignore the fact that she did the same to his chest as she was being carried.

Obviously he's got to have pockets in his boxers, Holly probably thinks. As he pulls away towards the tunnel wall, she lets go of his hand to allow him to mark. "That's a good idea," she says, "I probably would have just tried to remember."

Spotting the baskets, she swims down to grab one of them. "Hey, I'm going to grab this," she says, "in case it gets darker, it'd work as a light." Because the moss is, at the moment, the only source of light.

She doesn't even consider eating it.
    Actually, she's a little curious about how it's producing its light. Putting it inside her will make it easier to analyze its makeup. She figures it's probably originating from the rocks in the wall. She sneaks a small amount of the moss into her mouth when she's facing away from him, then swims back to Reinholdt. "Anything down any of these tunnels?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

There's no shame in admiring your date. Within reason. Or so Rein was prepared to claim if Holly caught him.

"Basic treasure hunting stuff," Reinholdt explains, putting the knife back into his 'pocket' dimension. "Too many people try to just remember. Writing things down is better."

"That's a good idea. There's not much in these tunnels besides more rocks and moss as far as I can tell." He turns back around to face her. "Though there are some light curre-gah!!" Reinholdt flails backwards away from Holly in surprise.

Holly fails to discover how it's producing light. There's some outside force causing that. A mystery for another time. She does discover that the moss is actually extremely nutritious. One could live off just a little bit of the stuff at a time. Conversely, something packed with that many essential vitamins and protein doesn't actually taste that great. Not terrible, but not good either.

While she's discovering all this, Holly probably notices a tugging on her legs as they pull together and meld into scales. Her hair flows and lengthens and turns red or green. A starfish bra replaces her clothes inexplicably, which is a shame because that seemed like a very nice dress and there's no explanation as to where it went. Other than how Holly is now a mermaid through and through.

Well, unless she's immune to forced shapeshifting effects, which is entirely possible when being a shapeshifter yourself! So maybe it didn't happen at all. But at least the magical mermaid mountain moss explains why this water is so breathable.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #24

It's too bad that he won't be able to use his excuse, because Holly no longer has any legs for him to admire.

Fun fact: she's not actually immune to forced shapeshifting effects. In fact, she's actually a little susceptible to it, because once it starts to affect her, her own powers start copying and replicating the same effect. She finds it really disturbing, though, and it sends shivers through her. She's used to accidental changes or changes caused by taints or other stuff like that - and had been countering them - but the only other times she's been subjected to a forced transformation was when she was held helpless by another of her same species. It was disturbing then, and it's disturbing now.

She suspects she won't be able to change back so long as that stuff is still in her system.

Her hair turns red. Presumably, the glove holding up her hair also vanishes, leaving her hair loose.

She turns to Rein. "I...I, listen, I j-just put a little bit of it in my mouth b-because just in case it was poisonous and was leeching something into the water," she claims, "so that we would know not to be in here for too long." She brings an arm up to cover her starfish. She figures, of course, that they became starfish because her bra size isn't large enough to fill a C-shell.

Luckily, Holly is pretty quick at adapting to new forms, so she's already using that tail like she always had it.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

[Daring the Underwater Tunnels]

While her hair does lose its glove, it does gain various shell accessories that looks good in it. Though the change affects clothing, Holly's ring is unaffected. Guess it's not strong to modify souls.

Something Rein probably should have noticed, but there's a lot of things to notice right now and that particular ring not disappearing isn't high on the list.

"Really? You're going to check if something's poisonous by putting it in your mouth? Like... I appreciate the sentiment, but..." Reinholdt eyes wander along her protective arm and he shakes his head. With a sigh he swims up and around her. "You do look beautiful as mermaid." Rein leans in to kiss where her bare shoulder meets her neck also conveniently letting him whisper in her ear. "I could eat you right up."

Oh yeah. Reinholdt hasn't told her he's a cat yet. He probably means she really looks delicious. Or he's being just as saucy as he sounds.

Either way, he pushes away from her towards the moss and peels off a smile amount. With a grimace, he shrugs and pops it in his mouth too. Without fail, he too has his legs fold in and gain scales, his boxers disappearing without a trace as he becomes a merman. His hair likewise grows long, but his is a varied shade of green that gets lighter the longer it gets.

Spoiler
    Show

This but with much longer hair and brighter fin scales.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #26

You know, being part-fish probably won't help Holly get over her revulsion to eating fish. In fact, it'll probably only make it worse. In addition to everything else (just naturally not liking fish, eating a screaming tuna sandwich, finding fish to feel metaphysically wrong, etc), now she's also going to imagine eating her own legs whenever there's fish in front of her.

"Thanks," Holly says about being eaten. Obviously it was a compliment. She finally lowers her arm - old habits die hard - and tries to turn her head to kiss him back before he can swim away.

After he changes, she finds his upper body much more appetizing than the lower half. Luckily, she doesn't mind looking at his shoulders or upper arms.

After she's seen enough to engrave it in memory...not that he looks all that much different, except for his hair and legs, the mermaid Holly swims to one of the offshoot caves that Rein was looking in earlier. "Well, of course I'd put it in my mouth. That's, like, step three in determining if a plant's poisonous or not." Step one, of course, is to touch it and step two is to put it against your lips. Between steps one and two, you can cook it. And you're supposed to have not eaten anything recently - within like eight hours. And it's supposed to take several minutes. Swallowing it isn't until step four or five, however, and like an hour later.

She's still got the basket in her hands, again in case of needing light. "Since I can't tell the difference between any of these, let's just go down this one," she says.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt grins a little and poses considerably after the return kiss, though he's mildly disappointed she didn't have anything to say about his transformation because he doesn't know about her fish aversion. Diving into unknown underwater tunnels is probably not the best thing to do when you dislike fish.

Onwards and downwards all the same! Reinholdt flails almost immediately, completely unused to swimming with a tail, having only just kinda gotten used to swimming with his legs. He's pretty impressed Holly caught on so fast, but she'll probably need to hold his hand again. Watching him flail about in the water, but Rein finds it quite embarrassing. He'll catch on after a few minutes.

Most of the walls continue to be covered in moss. The first thing of note that's actually any different is the pair of eyes watching them as they round a corner. Said eyes blink in surprise and a gasp goes out before the other mermaid immediately turns and darts away down another fork, the first since the last room. It wouldn't be hard to follow her with all the water and bubbles she's churning up, even though she's probably faster than them if Holly so desired.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #28

Geez, Holly, just get over your fish aversion already so that you can not insult one of his favorite foods or so that you can compliment him or whatever else is going to happen later today.

Sure, Holly could hold his hand to help him swim...or, alternatively, she could just hold his hand because she likes that. Regardless of the reason, she grabs his hand so that they can swim together again.

Holly spots the eyes.
    She starts to follow, but probably not as quickly as she could: after all, she's got not-as-used-to-swimming-with-a-tail Rein dragging behind her, and both her hands are occupied, one by the aforementioned Rein and the other by the basket.

Instead of ditching him and likely subsequently getting lost in the tunnels, Holly swims with him and calls out to the other mermaid. "Hey! Wait up!"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

The best reason to hold someone's hand. To feel their hand in yours. There doesn't need to be another.

The other mermaid does not wait up, despite being given very clear instructions on what to do. It is quite frankly a little rude.

Fortunately the path that she takes is not a particularly long one. Just past that fork is another opening into another cavern. This one is actually much, much larger. And it would need to be, given the rudimentary homes within. It's not so large as to be worth calling a village, but it's definitely a gathering.

The mermaid Holly spotted, now that she gets another look, seems young and is darting into homes. Voices are being raised. It won't be long before what constitutes this place's population react. Be that to converge on them or to flee or something else entirely. But there's still an opportunity to say, swim the other way or hold up hands in surrender.

Reinholdt's really unconcerned about the locals, more looking around in awe at the fact that this place exists at all. "I admit, I was not expecting a school of merfolk in a mountain." And he's used to treasure hunting all kinds of weird things in weird places with weird people.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #30

[Daring the Merpeople Tribe]

Once they get to the place where all the other merpeople are, Holly reaches to the ground and sets down the basket - there's probably plenty of light here, since there's other people here, and having a free hand is better than not.

In spite of that, she still doesn't let go of Reinholdt's hand. She does try to raise both her hands to show there's no weapons in them, or whatever. "Well," she tells her date, "if someone got lost while diving here, it'd only make sense they'd turn into a mermaid settlement."

The Half-Elf mermaid Holly isn't entirely sure if these merpeople even speak the same language yet, since the younger girl one didn't respond or listen and all the other voices from people around are too indistinguishable to really see what language they're speaking. To find out, she says to the first one who swims up, "H-hello?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.