New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Reinholdt's Repository

[Battle Creek Falls]

"How about we agree no one's at fault?" Jedrek suggests. "Since no wrong was committed." It does seem like no harm was done. Jedrek doesn't seem bothered at least.

He does open his eyes though, so as to look upon the person he's talking to. And to perhaps set her at ease as well. "I do, in fact. Five times a week." So if she did want to check him out, she could probably pick a decent spot out beforehand now. "Did you come here to meditate as well? There's probably enough room..." He would have to scoot over a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Battle Creek Falls]

"Okay, sure, let's go with that," June says. Even though, objectively speaking, it was her fault.

June is 5'7", has shoulder-length red hair, freckles. If you're only looking at her out of the corner of your eye, you might swear that you could see a flower or two, but...yeah, no flowers. She's in good shape, though. Definitely works out.

She finally decides to turn to face him again. "No, just for some exercise," she says. "I kind-of find having a lot of other people around to be overwhelming, and I had my day off from work, so I decided to just come out and enjoy nature while running." Simple-enough explanation.

But...
    Maybe it might be a good idea? She's pretty sure meditation could help block out when there's too many people around.
    She eyes the spot that he's on.
    "Getting my clothes wet probably wouldn't be a..."
    Before she finishes that thought, she notices his clothes hanging on that branch again. He's obviously alright with it. And she is wearing a sports bra, so it should be alright. It'll help her be more comfortable doing things like this in case it ever gets necessary, too. "Okay, scoot over, please," she says.

Like him, she takes off her shoes and socks, and then her t-shirt and jacket, and then her altheticwear pants. "So why do you meditate?" she asks as she gets ready like he is.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

[Battle Creek Falls]

"It is beautiful around here. At least from where I sit," Jedrek says as he stares at her, not even remotely realizing what that could be taken as.

Oh. She wanted to meditate after all! And... is taking off her clothes. Well. Oh. Hmm. Jedrek scoots over, taking the time to look down at the rocks or something somewhere else. Not that she isn't quite eye catching, just that it would be exceptionally rude to watch her disrobe. In fact, it may be wiser to return to closing his eyes. Yes, that seems like the way to go. Meditate. Calm. Focus. In. And out. Feel the water flow, how it takes the the path of least resistance to maintain its integrity and volume. Imitate it with his own energy. Let the blush flow out of Jedrek's cheeks and back into his heart.

"I meditate as part my journey to reach physical and spiritual perfection. To train in discipline, patience, and focus. To remind myself of my goals and the steps towards those goals. To align, awaken, and energize my chakras and allow my qi to flow freely. I guess I meditate for many reasons." Not all of them are always clear.

As she approaches, he adds a question of his own. "You have a powerful aura. Would it be rude to ask if this is related to why you are uncomfortable around many people?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #154

[Battle Creek Falls]

Wait! Don't say weird things or blush, you're going to make her feel self-conscious! "O...kay." If you didn't expect her to do that, you shouldn't have sounded so confident.

She goes under the water, too, next to him. "Oh, I see, I sometimes pray for similar reasons," June says, trying to get comfortable in spite of the (admittedly, not as cold as the air or ground but still kind-of cold) water. "That makes sense. I met someone who was going to teach me about chakras and qi and how it's different from axé, but...he disappeared." June looks over at him to see how he's sitting and if she can copy it, so that she can sit the same way. In case it helps. Legs crossed like that, copying breathing.

"Um, thanks. I don't think it would be rude," she answers, but adds, "but I haven't really told anyone about it yet." So she needs a few moments to decide how to word it. Oh, hey! It's getting easier to ignore the cold. Probably. "Not really sure how to describe it, but...I can see basically...everything around. Maybe 'feel' is a better word. Where things are, what they mean, even things that I shouldn't be able to see like things in bags or around corners or even ghosts and how people are feeling." She laughs, but then stifles the laugh because she's supposed to be meditating. "Plus, so many other things, like all the lights are too bright and the noises are too loud and the wind is too rough, but the biggest reason is just that."

June takes a deep breath. "It's just way too much. It all started a couple months ago, and yes I know why but it's reasons I'd rather not talk about to someone I just met. But if there's too much going on or too many people around, then it's really easy to get headaches."
    "..."
    "Sorry for complaining to you when I've just met you."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

5. - Top - End - #155

[Milton Island Assault]

Ir-Vid-Sid soon returns with what indeed look like a pair of aviator glasses and will hand them over to Damon.
    Regardless if he uses them or not, but he probably should, the ship will soon take off and they will be traveling across seaside much faster than most boats ever could.

There's some chatter among the owl warriors as they travel, using a language made up of what sound like a series of short sounds sounding like the chirps of the birds at least some of them seem to vaguely resemble. It does seem like Ir-Vid-Sid is the only one besides Cerabella that can actually speak with Ilpholin and Damon as the others don't seem to be able to respond to any inquiry or comment without the others translating for them.

Otherwise the journey is uneventful, there's not even any air bumps as the "chariot" seems to cut through the sea wind like warm butter.

When it eventually slows down its subtle but at that point they're able to sense even the slightest shift in their vehicles trajectory.
    To remind Ilpholin and Damon what they're supposed to do here. The vehicle is going to land at the edge of the island and one small group is going to directly to the tomb while the others is going to start cleaning up the gnolls on the island. Cerabella suggests that they should be more enough to deal with the gnolls on the island but the tomb is a unknown factor. Thus the small group's job is to evaluate the danger it poses and/or possibly take it out before whatever demons that might be in there has the chance to react.

Either of them could alter these plans if they want or just pick a group they want to go with. It doesn't appear the gnolls have any anti-air so they could land at any of the few smooth surfaces the island has to provide. It's important to know that the island is extremely inhospitable as it's mostly made up of cliffs and thorns. The gnolls have made some efforts to make a base camp but otherwise it would be difficult, if not impossible, to move across the island without having to climb cliffs or cut down thorns.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

[Battle Creek Falls]

Things are easier once they're next to each other because they can both just stare forward.

"That is unfortunate. A teacher is an exceptionally important place to start." Losing one before you've begun is quite the setback! "I'm afraid I haven't heard the term axé before." Not in this context certainly. June would have to describe it in more detail.

The cold is only half of the struggle. The other half is the water pressure beating down on you. A good test of posture.

Jedrek quietly meditates on the information June just shared with him. That is quite the problem to go with quite the talent. "A torrent of floodwaters will uproot the most stubborn of oaks, while the bent reed escapes unscathed."

[Milton Island Assault]

"How many options are in the catalogue?" Ilpholin asks Damon on the incredibly smooth ride.

Ilpholin intends to cut straight to the tomb with the small group and sees no reason to change the plan. The Pith is almost certainly inside or close by and she's not going to be hanging around with the clean-up crew while someone else botches her objective. She'll respect that the angels have more blood in the game at the moment though and thinks they should choose the landing spot most efficient for the troops.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

7. - Top - End - #157

[Battle Creek Falls]

If you just pretend it's a cold massage or a broken shower then the pressure isn't that bad.
    June stares forward.

On the topic of axé, June tries to describe it: "It's, like...the energy you feel when you're really into something and are surrounded by others who are into it, too. The rhythm, the feelings, the...energy of life, I guess." It's not the best explanation but it is an explanation.

She thinks his saying is pretty neat. "That...that one's pretty clever." So the torrent of floodwaters is supposed to be...all the information. Okay. Makes sense.

June sits there thinking, and also trying to not get pushed around by the falling water.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Halfling in the Playground

[Milton Island Assault]

"Hmm. That you'd enjoy? Probably a few hundred...if I'm guessing right on your taste in companionship." Damon answers with a slightly smug grin, enhanced by the aviators that he's now wearing.

Damon is here at Ilpholin's request, so he'll be right beside her wherever she goes.

As long as there's at least one gnoll on the way to the tomb (or in the tomb), he'll still be able to get a tasty snack.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

[Battle Creek Falls]

"Then there are more differences between qi and axé than I first suspected." He thought they might just be two words for the same thing, but it sounds like there are actual differences that would matter. Though the study of one probably helps with the study of the other. Like studying one of the romance languages.

Jedrek's mouth curls in such a way that it could almost be taken for a smile. "My master was fond of saying that. It could mean a few things, but in your case, I suspect it means you can't do anything about what you sense, only yourself. You need training not to be overwhelmed so much and to only face a small amount at a time. To focus on yourself rather than what you're feeling. Or something like that. I am.. not as good with words as any of my teachers were." He was much better at the more punching aspects of training.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

10. - Top - End - #160

[Battle Creek Falls]

"They both seem pretty similar, I think, though," June says even though she doesn't really know all that much about qi itself and is just going off of her description from that guy who vanished before she had a chance to actually learn. "That guy I met said they were basically the same thing, but I don't know whether he said that to just help me understand him more easily, or what."

Under the flow of the water, she has to readjust her position. Still haven't found a perfect way to sit yet.

Punching is a pretty important part of training.
    "You're right, it does seem like the type of saying that could fit in a lot of different contexts," June tells Jedrek She's not looking at him because she's too busy looking forward, but also smiles too. "Just need to have a lot of those kinds of sayings in stock, and give them out on occasion."
    She takes a deep breath. "When you put it that way, it does seem more...possible to manage. Not easy, but I guess it's a place to start."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

[Battle Creek Falls]

Jedrek ponders some more. "One sounds like immersing oneself in the flow of energy, while the other sounds like immersing oneself in the pulse of the energy. To me anyways." He's no expert on axé admittedly. Hearing it second hand is not the best way to understand something.

He remains still, apparently comfortable in his posture, despite the water. "Either way, it wouldn't hurt for you to find a teacher and train your qi." Preferably one that won't disappear on her!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ghost in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Fey and Falcon Escapades]

"You gotta pull on it harder," Rein whispers to Kes. She must be losing cool points with him! "Don't be afraid to be rough. I can handle it~" He says, the heat of his breath caressing her ear.

"Hmm... perhaps we should use some lube. Alas... I left the butter and whipped cream at home." Always bring butter on an expedition, every arctic explorer knows this!

If Kes still fails to get the jar open, Rein will gently touch her arm indicating to stop for a moment. "Here, try this." He'll fish a tool out of his jacket... a corkscrew! And offer it to the struggling bird. He keeps one on him because wine is a thing he partakes in quite a bit and thus it comes in surprisingly handy.

Trying to focus on this task was really difficult with how Reinholdt was acting! Why was he like this!? She just wanted to pull this stupid cork out of this stupid bottle and he was saying all these... these things that were making her blush furiously! Was he doing this on purpose?

Fortunately, the cork finally budged though, and she didn't even need the corkscrew! Kestrel didn't even wait to see what the thing in the jar did before trying to squirm her way out of Reinholdt's arms in a flustered desperation.

13. - Top - End - #163

[Milton Island Assault]

As the soldiers take a moment to prepare for the charge, Ir-Vid-Sid approaches Ilpholin, Damon and the others taking part in the group entering the tomb. It appears like the speaker isn't going to take part in the attack himself. He will stay behind and 'protect' the chariot.
    "There's one thing I'd like to remind you of. If you come across the staff piece there is a reason not to destroy it right away."

"You're wasting our time, speaker." Cerabella remarks coldly, she had planned to destroy it as soon as they found it.

"Please, I wouldn't bring this up again if it wasn't important. First of all, it might be hard to destroy even for an angel." Ilpholin and Damon would have been informed that demons are as weak to angels as they are to dragons. "But more importantly, the vessel might have directly infected any number of creatures and if so, it could continue to exist within them. You brought me along due to my knowledge regarding these things so please listen. It can only spread itself so far, so only a few might be directly infected, but finding them would be nearly impossible unless we bring the piece back to our temple. I'm not extremely knowledgeable in magic myself but I know people who could use the piece to find these infected. Since if they do exist, the piece will only be completely destroyed once we've dealt with them."

14. - Top - End - #164

[Battle Creek Falls]

Putting it that way, it does sound simultaneously very similar and also notably different.
    Which makes sense, since they are relatively similar concepts, just originating from different parts of the globe.

June sits there, thinking.

She then says, "You wouldn't happen to know someone who could be my teacher, would you?"

"Since my last one just vanished."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Pop goes the cork! Rein doesn't attempt to hold Kes in place so she's able to squirm out of his arms easily.

Out of the bottle swirls the light which expands and grows until the light fades and a bright blue winged cat remains. If the connection is drawn, this is the same kind of winged cat that was depicted on those pillars at the entrance of the ruins. You know, like the pillar that was physically at thrown at them in a metaphor for education.

"Phew! About time!" The creature flies up to Kes' face, then around Kes, before repeating the same to Rein. Rein tries to bat at the other one, hissing at it, but he's too slow and the creature's already hovering in the middle of the air again. "I've been in there for ages! Where is everyone anyways?"

[Milton Island Assault]

Ilpholin's distaste for the Speaker's 'protective' role aside, she agrees with him on this point. "Hadn't planned to destroy it immediately anyways. A direct attempt to do so only caused it to escape to here in the first place. I have more... methodical methods in mind, which would require time. Time enough for you to find those linked with it. But I assure you, I also won't let it out of my sight once we have the Pith. Your magical allies included. I can't ignore the risk of them being corrupted, or even swayed to using the power for their own purposes." Does she truly intend to stand over it twenty-four seven? Probably.

This is the first she's heard of such a link, but it makes sense given the nature of the hive and everything she's learned of the Pith thus far.

[Battle Creek Falls]

It takes Jedrek some moments of thought before he replies. "I do not," He says, apparently oblivious to the extremely obvious answer. "My old teacher no longer accepts students and my current teacher only works with those in VIGIL out of necessity and loyalty." As far as he's aware anyways.

June probably doesn't want to join such a dangerous and cutthroat organization for such a reason.

Or maybe she does. Jedrek did just meet her after all.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #166

[Battle Creek Falls]

Well, more dead-ends.

June turns her face upwards to let the waterfall fall onto her face and neck.

She needs to move it down again to talk, though, since she's not particularly interested in filling her lungs with water. "So it sounds like this'll be harder than I thought to find one," she says. "The first teacher I find disappears. One other's a no, and a third's part of a paramilitary group. And you..." Did he actually say why he couldn't do it? She doesn't think so, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.
    "...and you're still learning." It's either that, or he's not confident enough to teach.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

[Battle Creek Falls]

Filling her lungs with water would probably be counterproductive to all of the energies, unless her goal was choking and mouth to mouth.

"We're always learning," Jedrek says. The path to enlightenment is apparently endless and filled with a thousand million punches. "I would be like... a tradesman. Hardly a master."

There's a moment of silence while the water continues to gurgle and splash. "Oh! I suppose that means I could teach an apprentice." Apparently the thought just struck him now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #168

[Battle Creek Falls]

Mouth-to-mouth sounds romantic but it really isn't. She's going to pass on that.

"Oh, um." Tradesman. That's. . .??? June isn't really sure where a tradesman ranks on the list of things, but it's definitely somewhere between apprentice and master.

June doesn't break the moment of silence, because she's too busy trying to puzzle out what being a tradesman would imply in this metaphor. Seems like he's graduated from being an apprentice, which would mean...tradesman doesn't sound like he'd have his own school yet because then that would be a shopkeeper? or something? But he still has a teacher, so it sounds like he's good enough that his teachers don't really feel the need to teach him but he can still go to them for help? And help out with their other students? maybe?

More context does help. "Yes! Of course," she says. "What would me apprenticing under you require? Some kind of baptism, or would that come after, or something else?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

19. - Top - End - #169

[Milton Island Assault]

As they prepare to set off, Damon takes a step away and shifts back to his normal self, covering his face in black fire.

"Among the formss I do not possesss, ssadly, isss an angel or dragon. Sssuch thingss are not easily acquired. A pity. They may have been particularly usseful here, if the gnollss have demonss in their midsst."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

[Battle Creek Falls]

It would be incredibly embarrassing to start drowning by sitting under a waterfall.

"Uhhh... no. Nothing like that." Jedrek is a little taken off guard by the suggestion, but remains stoic. It's hard to say this counts as meditation though. Can one meditate while carrying a conversation? Presumably the experts are just that good at it. "You should start by straightening your back to allow the water to flow along your body rather than against your body. Though what you're doing now is good for upper body strength, so it's not wrong." Just different!

"We'd just have to set up times and places to train. Anyone can learn what I know. The only thing it takes is dedication."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #171

[Battle Creek Falls]

Imagine being a ghost here, when all the other ghosts start talking about how they died. Some died in warfare, one died while waiting for her lover, there were probably a few ancient sacrificial offerings, and a few other things, and then...one, here because they drowned while meditating wrong. Would never be able to live with yourself after that.

"Oh. Right, that makes sense. No wonder you can sit there so easily for so long," June says. She straightens her back and tries to make herself as aerodynamic as possible. Or, rather, hydrodynamic.

"I...suppose we can decide on where and when, once it's time for one of us to leave." And she's not particularly in a hurry to leave, since the air is still frosty and the water is, while cold, slightly closer to lukewarm than freezing.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2021-01-04 at 11:25 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

22. - Top - End - #172

[Milton Island Assault]

It's unclear if the owl soldiers even understood what Ilpholin and Damon just said but as Ir-Vid-Sid looks to Cerabella she seems to be the final arbiter in this matter. "Perhaps if the circumstances allows it, we can make use of it." The angel declares as she spreads her wings, but then she turns to glare right at Damon and Ilpholin. "But remember, you might think you know corruption already but that thing spread it far more easily than anything you've encountered before. It's pure evil." Her glaring hawk eyes settle at Damon as he mentions how he hasn't eaten dragons and angels. Clearly she doesn't like the idea of him eating either of them.

But nor her disapproval nor her gaze lingers as there were far worse things to deal with. "But we can't waste more time, to action!"

And so the two groups move out, the majority of the soldiers in the other group which was going to draw all attention to themselves while the second group move straight towards the tomb.

As was predicted, it's difficult to move across the island due to all the thorns and cliffs so it's less about charging towards the enemy and more like an expedition towards them with all the cutting and climbing they have to do. Cerabella can of course fly but she avoids that at the moment to avoid drawing too much attention to them.

Eventually however they do see what seems to be a gnoll, though it could be any humanoid, in the distance. The tomb itself not much further away. It looks like... yes, it appears they're having a outdoor bathroom break in a relatively isolated location. How awkward.

The area around them and the tomb have clearly been cleared out however as there's no thorns to be seen. If they could just get past the thorns in their way and climb one more cliff, they could run the final distance. But if they do continue to cut the gnoll might just hear them. Cerabella could always fly the last distance but that could be spotted by other gnolls as there are clearly more in the area even if they can't see them.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

[Battle Creek Falls]

Literally. Unlife would be pretty painful too.

"I wouldn't say it's easy..." That wouldn't do for very good training at all! Things have to always be difficult. Hmm... But maybe June was right. The waterfall meditation hasn't been particularly challenging as of late. It might be time to find something more extreme. But what?

"Yeah, that works too." He was going to just dive right in and start lessons, but it would be better to do it next time. That way it's also a mental commitment on June's behalf rather than a random encounter. And commitment is very important for training. That and he'd have time to think about what to actually say and do. Above just copying his old teachers, which is viable, but lacks strength of character.

Gives him something to meditate over as he sits under the waterfall for a long period of time.

[Milton Island Assault]

Ilpholin's eyes narrow at Cerabella and her fist clenches tightly. This angel dared to suggest she didn't know the risks? Didn't know the faces of evil? As if Ilpholin had just made some kind of off-hand power grab to use the Pith for her own benefit? If Cerabella didn't control a legion she needed right now, she suspects she would strike the condescending commander down on the spot. Ilpholin saw the artifact corrupting an entire island with just a leak and just swore to put her entire life on hold to keep the thing guarded until destroyed. She was more than cognizant of the dangers.

Fuming entirely to herself, Ilpholin travels with the group, helping to cut the thorns as needed. This was further away from the shore than she thought based on reports. She doubts she'll be able to use her water based trump card after all. When they come across the gnoll, she holds up her hand to tell them to pause before pointing at Damon, pointing at the gnoll, putting her finger to her lips, then running her finger across her throat.

Damon probably doesn't need any special training to understand what she wants him to do.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ghost in the Playground

Success! The bottle was open and she was out of the fey's arms! Kestrel was hopefully saved from any more embarrassment for now. She stared with some awe and fascination as the light swirled and grew before revealing a strange weird winged cat that flew around the both of them! "Woah," whispered the birdgirl, "I wasn't expecting that." And... hang on, did it just speak?

"U-um, sorry for my rudeness, I wasn't expecting you to speak," Kestrel finally stuttered out after a long pause. She blinked rapidly. Hey, hadn't she seen images of a winged cat outside the temple before? Yeah, yeah she had. "But I'm afraid, err, I don't know where anybody else is. This temple seems pretty empty asides from you. Err... why were you in a jar?"

25. - Top - End - #175

[Battle Creek Falls]

What's more difficult than sitting under a waterfall?
    Probably. . .multitasking while under a waterfall, maybe. Doing things while meditating. If you can do other things while meditating at the same time, then you're much better at meditation, probably.

Sitting in this way actually makes it easier to maintain, June discovers. She should've just thought of doing this from the start.

Eventually, after the sun has reached their position in the valley, June stands up. She has things to do this afternoon, and there's some things she wanted to test anyway.
    While staying in the sun, she goes over to her clothes and puts them back on, before realizing even in the sun it's still pretty cold out. "So, um. Where and when," she says.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

26. - Top - End - #176

[Milton Island Assault]

Damon is similarly irritated by the thorns. In different circumstances, he'd simply burn them all away, but that sounds like an excellent way to draw attention to themselves. So slow going it is.

And of course there's a gnoll in the way.

As Ilpholin makes her gesture, Damon nods and slips away from the group, his form already starting to shift as he goes.

Moments later, a large black panther-like creature is stalking towards the gnoll, though it seems slightly...off. A line of ridges trails down its back, its fangs stretch and curve out of its mouth, and its tail is long and thin, ending in a wicked stinger.

Damon the demon-panther sneaks up on his prey. Once he gets near enough, he leaps at the gnoll, aiming to put his full weight on the creature's back and drive it to the floor, while his tail whips round with frightening speed to puncture their neck, hopefully silencing any death screams or cries of alarm before they can begin.

27. - Top - End - #177

[Milton Island Assault]

Ilpholin might have misjudged the tone of Cerabella's words due to her glare, but given that she has the head of a bird she can't convey human emotions as effectively so that's more of Cerabella's problem for choosing this guise.

It should also be noted that the island is longer than its wide, being shaped vaguely like a dagger on the map Cerabella drew of it. The tomb sitting on the middle of the "handle" of the island.

The blade-parts of the island, which is the direction from they were coming from, being completely empty and the gnolls only being active in the other sectors.

But they set their plan into motion and the gnoll who does seem a bit uneasy as Damon creeps up on him nonetheless fails to notice the zern before it's too late. He's slammed into the ground and only manages to yelp before his throat is punctured and he's about to silently bleed to death in a few minutes if not attended to quickly.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

[Milton Island Assault]

Ilpholin is overly sensitive about such things to begin with.

But the plan seems to go smoothly enough. No point in letting this gnoll live to be questioned as far as she's concerned. If he can talk, he can scream. Why risk it? Damon or the angels can decide how slow the gnoll's death is. The nymph is far too busy quietly cutting the last of the thorns out of the way so they can join back up and resume the path to the tomb.

"What really?" The blue cat fairy zips out one door, is gone for maybe two seconds before zipping back in and flying out the other door. One second later, it's back. "Awww... they really are all gone." Its ears fold back sadly. "I guess that explains why I was in there for so long..."

With a flap of its wings, it circles around Kestral's head. "I maaaaay have replaced the head priest's sacred meal with dog food. BUT it was really FUNNY!" Hundred percent worth it. It comes to a stop in front of her face, performing a midair twirl before planting its paws on its hips and puffing out its chest as it floats there closely. "Well, you still rescued me so I will grant you ONE wish! Don't expect any more though! Not with everyone gone."

Reinholdt is licking his lips for some reason, like he's seen something he really wants to eat and probably shouldn't.

[Battle Creek Falls]

Jedrek replies unmoving. "We could train at Vigil, but there's a fair number of people there. It may be easier to start off training here and building up to being around more people. Beginning of next week?" June has final choice of locations. Both have their advantages.

"I apologize. I do not bring towels for this. You may use my gi if you wish." It is still hanging on the branch and probably better than letting the cold air dry June off as she returns to her schedule.

[Getting that One Song Out of Your Head]

Reinholdt finally contacts Tina, saying he's ready to get Carmen her new body and out of the angel of chastity's head with hopefully no side effects. He does insist on blindfolding Tina before flying her to wherever Rein keeps his cloning machines. Which honestly is a big mistake, given how heavy Tina is and the length of the journey. When he finally lets her loose, he collapses against the wall to spend the next several minutes recovering and drinking water, thinking how maybe it would be better to just die than to feel the pain in his arms anymore. Yes, yes, that's perfectly reasonable...

If Tina takes off her blindfold now (though she could probably have sneaked some peeks earlier if she wants to misbehave), she'll find herself in a luxurious stone wrought room. The carpets were probably added recently and it was almost certainly cleaned up before hand for visitors. There is a long table with a headpiece not unlike an mri machine on a much smaller scale. There also various tubes on the far wall, one of which appears to be holding Carmen's old body - carefully preserved. It's probably not needed anymore honestly. Rein's collected all the data from it that he can already.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #179

[Battle Creek Falls]

June starts bouncing on her heels and rubbing just above her elbow. "Oh, no, it's fine," she says, shaking her head and declining his offer of getting his clothes wet. "I'll be fine once I get moving."

So. To answer the important question. "Um...thinking about it, it would probably be best to start off here. Would be easier to focus, at least." Plus, having some time not in a busy area would be nice. And Vigil sounds like a paramilitary force, too, so it would feel weird just being there.

June bounces a little more. Okay, she's good enough.
    She bites her lip. "Okay. See you next week." She smiles, gives a wave, and starts to run back down the trail away from the falls.

[Getting that One Song Out of Your Head]

Carmen's body is, of course, dead so it doesn't do anything.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

30. - Top - End - #180

[Getting that Song out of your Head]

Fettina is pretty good about not sneaking peeks, but she finally does stare around when Rein lets her down. She's too busy looking a the place to fuss over him. "Well I wasn't expecting it would be so... doctor evil," She scratches her head. "And hey, look! A dead body!"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters