Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Break my wizard!

Quote Originally Posted by Dracone View Post
    I am absolutely a double crossing jerk. After all I would never explicitly state I wouldn't kill them if they helped me xD. That being said, the DM is perfectly fine with me using create undead to make them. Although I do have to keep them with me in combat due to a house rule (despite being a wizard, I dont prepare spells, I cast straight from my spell book... somehow...) but I already got that figured out. Bag of holding full of dead children, open and pointed at me so the aura spills out of it xD
    "Bag full of dead children?" Oh, no, no. We can do much better than that!

A portable hole stitched to the inside of your cloak will let them sit or stand in comfort, peering out from behind you and between your legs at any who look too closely, indulging in childish giggles when you do something amusing. Preferably to somebody else.

Or an Enveloping Pit; cheaper and bigger than a portable hole, and you ARE evil-aligned so should have no trouble using it. Can even throw weaker enemies into it, making it look as if your cloak swallwed them up, and let the kiddos bite them to death.

You may as well store a few Shadows under your control in there, as well. They can reach out and touch someone if that someone gets too close, or run out to be scouts. Strength damage is mean.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    peering out from behind you and between your legs at any who look too closely, indulging in childish giggles when you do something amusing. Preferably to somebody else.
    I love it. The image I have from that is just so incredibly creepy. Maybe I should buy them a music box while Im at it xD

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

There is no real fix other than to make your case to the DM, and from what you are saying you tried and failed on that route. Trying to use theoretical optimization is only going to convince him he's right. The real problem sounds like an escalating spiral of power that started when s/he made uber powerful characters then scaled up the challenge to match. I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with a high power game as long as power between the characters is "somewhat" equal and enjoyed by all.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Breaking a wizard is easy. Lift them into the air, extend your knee, and drop. This message brought to you by the Barbarian club.
    Extended Signature

Words of Wisdom from other Playgrounders:
    Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Like your own little harem of jealous wearable anime girls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterkerfuffle View Post
    I've seen horsemancers absolutely shred campaigns.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by legomaster00156 View Post
    Breaking a wizard is easy. Lift them into the air, extend your knee, and drop. This message brought to you by the Barbarian club.
    Wait, I are confuzed. Do I uze my barbarian knee or my barbarian club?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    So, your roleplaying guide is pretty much "Live Fast, Die Young, Leave a confusing corpse"?