New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

"It looks like that choker you found came from here," Laurelate said as she entered the house to search for a location where the choker could have originated, if indeed the trail started here.

Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show

I guess another perception roll: (1d20+7)[11]

Last edited by farothel; 2020-04-21 at 12:32 PM.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ettin in the Playground

Looking quickly inside the house without searching it throughout reveals where the barrel could have originated - the room that has no windows features a few round barrel-sized imprints on the floor, some more recent than others. No kind of passage seems to lead anywhere though.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Taz looks around with Laureleta, the barrel came from here anyway. Maybe if we are lucky we can figure out where that thing came from originally." She looks around the house for any choker-sized footprints that lead inside.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+5)[12]

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

Jessica follows close behind, visibly disturbed among the disarray of normal life. She frowns deeply at the scattered household goods and clothing, and begins idly to order things. She rights a chair and table and begins casually folding and piling clothing atop them. She works quickly, surprisingly efficient, with grace imparted by familiarity.

"It's not much," she admits when questioned. "but maybe when we rescue whoever's home this is, they won't be so distraught. Nobody should have to go through that." She shrugs, letting her companions pore over footprints and tracks, preferring instead to impart a little bit more order and in so doing dispel a little bit of the ugly remains of the colonists' disappearance.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Troll in the Playground

"I am still surprised by the creatures we have met." Hewitt declares with a pretty annoyed face. "Lets get rid of them all just so we can sleep in peace. I wouldnt want any of them left after all we have seen."
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Well, if we're done with all the houses," Laurelata said, "Let's go and have a look at the tree."

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

Marius goes to Jessica, dirty as always from fighting bug monsters, and a bit pints of his own blood, tracking his own dirt in the house. He gently pushes the cleric's hands down on her lap. Maybe save the household duties for later? Safety first. He helps the confused woman up, and gives her outfit a proper examination. Whoever thought she should not wear armor for this was a fool. Even if you planned to not fight, or crouch through the mud, we need you here as you are the only priest we have. I can protect you in fights, but I need your head in the game for everything else. Maybe find something to replace that gown with. he says, with his eyes fixating the elegant piece for a moment longer than necessary. You will end up in tattered robes by the end of today if you go into the bush with that.

Spoiler
    Show
    I assume I can find stuff for her to wear in roughly her size.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

Jessica makes no effort to rebuff Marius when it becomes apparent that they're done checking the house for now. "Of course. It's a better use of my time than doing nothing." She shrugs at his apparent disapproval. "Shelyn is my protection," she offers with an air of both faith and perhaps naivety. "As long as I'm performing her will, she will protect me- though it may appear otherwise." She leaves the rest of the disheveled house with a glance of distaste. Still, it's not the priority, as the party moves on.

Show
    For this venture, Jessica dressed in breeches and a tunic. I don't think the character sheet has a great way to reflect that, but she's wearing traveler's clothes. It's not armor, but it's sturdy enough to handle normal wear, I should think.

By my count, we're done checking buildings in the village? I know we're staying together, but I'm unsure whether or not we've already inspected A7, or if we should be going to the plum tree now, instead.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I think we're done here," Laurelata said, "up to the next one."

Show

I think we've done all, although I'm not sure about A6? A7 we have just done.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

If we are done here, I would really like to check that plum tree. Maybe dig at its base. Sounds a bit wild, but I feel there is something hidden in the tree, or under its roots.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ettin in the Playground

You leave house and look at the next. The large building is durably built in a log cabin–style construction with a thatched pitched roof and three gables. Its several open windows are uncovered, and the sole entrance on the east side of the building is bereft of a door. A small porch covered by a gable shelters this door, thoughthe porch has not been swept and dirt and dust have started to accumulate, while one end of the gable is starting to sag from neglect.

Spoiler
    Show
    You have not visited A6 yet.
    Last edited by u-b; 2020-04-26 at 01:42 AM.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Just a quick peek in this last one," Laurelata said as she moved to the next house. She first looked through the open windows, each in turn (unless there was only one or two rooms, then she would look only at one or two).

Show

perception: (1d20+7)[27]

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ettin in the Playground

The interior of the building suggests a modest place of worship - not quite a temple but more than a mere shrine. A table near the center of the west wall appears to serve as an altar, draped in a white but dusty cloth. Behind the table, a large wood carving of a humanoid figure with a stag’s head leans against the wall. Two rows of benches face the altar, although some have been knocked over and two piles of ashes are visible in the aisle between them. Scattered throughout the room are assorted objects related to public worship, such as a chalice and a ceremonial rod. An ornately carved longbow hangs on the wall near the altar, as if on display.

Against the north wall is a smaller shrine. Nearby is a wooden statue roughly three feet tall that depicts a male half-human and half-avian creature. One carved wing hangs partially broken from the statue.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Laurelata was drawn to the longbow. Looking around, she entered the shrine/temple and went to the longbow, giving it a closer look. She knew how to use it, having done so before. She found a shortbow easier to use in close quarters, but the longbow was better.

She picked it up and checked to see if there were any runes of some sort on it, or any reason she could find why it was on display here.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

Jessica follows the group cautiously to the opening, but is surprised when she gets close enough to look inside. She stops short, and offers a generous bow to the carving. "Old Deadeye, we come to serve your cause and your domain. Smile upon us." She rises, only after asking the patron's blessing, and looks around the room with a distinct frown. She pouts and frowns, pointedly waited ay the doorway for Laurelata to decide to bring the bow or not. The whole place leaves her feeling decidedly out of sorts; willing to enter only with the intention of cleaning and fixing the ruined chapel.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Troll in the Playground

"Is anything dangerous inside?" Hewitt whispers trying to not make much noise. He felt kind of vulnerable at the moment and caution had become an important factor in his plan of action. Peeking from the entrance, Hewitt could admire the altar. "Does anyone know whose shrine is this?" Hewitt ponders.
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

Marius goes forward, kneeling down to the ash. He rubs it between his fingers, smells it, and when it seems non odorous, even licks it a bit. In between that, he mentions: Old Deadeye is Erastil, but I don't know the other figure. he points at the one winged angel.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ettin in the Playground

Upon closer inspection, the bow seems to be a very well made and well decorated composite longbow, just strong enough for Laurelata to use comfortably. The decorations seem to be thematic for hunting, including wild animals (stags are the most prominent, but there are numerous others).

As for the shrine, on a second thought, Marius thinks he does know the figure. He kneels down to the ash which seems to be the remains of two books which seem to have been teared and burned. The covers have not completely burned, but before Marius could dig them from under the ashes, he notices some old droops of blood on the floor... and is interrupted by a flying silver chalice slamming into his breastplate. Marius does not see anyone in the direction the chalice came from.

Spoiler: Those looking from outside of the chapel
    Show
    You pretty much saw the chalice lying on the floor a moment before it hurled itself at Marius.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seems like ornate masterwork composite longbow rated for str +0.

Being a follower of Iomedae and an Eagle Knight of Andoran, I think Marius identifies the figure without a knowledge check.

Thrown chalice: (1d20+3)[13] for (1d6)[3]

=> Party

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"What the …," Laurelata said as she saw the chalice fly. She looked at the location where the chalice had started, trying to see what or who had thrown it, or what was going on.

Show

I assume a perception test to see if there is something there.
    (1d20+7)[23]

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

I get it. Talmandor. Shoulda known it. Marius exclaims. These were books, they... the chalice slams into his chest. Hey, what the HELL! Marius inches back to his allies, protecting them from further harm. Someone got any flour, or....WATER! TAZ! Maybe it is invisible.

Spoiler
    Show
    Readying an attack action in case the attacker reveals itself. Otherwise using my AoOs to block incoming projectiles for the others.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

Jessica mutters a quiet incantation and peers urgently into the damaged chapel. "I think there may be foul magic at play, here!"

Spoiler: Jessica, round 1
    Show
    Jessica Cooper
    F NG Aasimar (Angel-blooded) Cleric, Level 1, Init 2, HP 9/9, DR Acid, Cold, Elec resist 5, Speed
    AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, CMD 13, Fort 3, Ref 1, Will 4, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 0
    Glaive +2 (1d8+3, x3)
    Dagger +2/+1 (1d4+1, 19-20,x2)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 15, Cha 16
    Condition +2 CL for divination spells
    Augery 2/2 (weekly)
    Inner beauty: 1/1
    Alter self: 1/1
    Channel energy: 6/8, 1d6
    Touch of good: 4/5
    Bit of Luck: 3/5
    Bless: 1/1
    Protection from Evil: 0/1
    Talisman of good fortune: reroll natural 1 (once, then it crumbles)

Cast detect magic. Move if necessary to get the cup and that side of the chapel within the 60' cone.

If no move is necessary, hang tight. Take a move action to actively search with perception. (1d20+2)[19]

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

"Right!" Taz nods to Marius and steps toward the source of the chalice. She then channel the source of her power, manifesting droplets of water in a borad radius around her, sending the soft rain flowing in every direction. She searches for anything amiss in the familar chaos of the stream.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move to center
    Standard: gather power
    Perception: (1d20+5)[15]

23. - Top - End - #323
    Troll in the Playground

"I dont think I have anything that might help agaisnt our possible invisible assailant but I can try to help as soon as we find the source." Hewitt replies ready to gather the necessary energy to summon a creature to their side the moment the source was identified.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ettin in the Playground

Laurelata looks at the location where the chalice had started and sees absolutely nothing out of ordinary. Marius moves towards the exit, ready to attack if something follows. In the process, he leaves Laurelata largely alone in the chapel. Jessica senses the presence of magic in the chapel, but figuring out the details would take some time. She also sees nothing out of ordinary. Tazmara enters the chapel and summons a cloud of water mist and droplets. Everyone gets ready... you don't see a thing. You are almost sure you shoud, but it seems to be simply not there. Suddenly, a statue of Talmandor hurls itself at Laurelata. It barely misses, catching Laurelata in the chest by the half-broken wing, and crashing heavily into the wall for some considerable damage to itself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thrown statue: (1d20+3)[17] for (3d6)[8] vs Laurelata - I'd say it's just as well you have a magical chain shirt

=> Party

25. - Top - End - #325
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Laurelata wasn't sure what was going on, but she thought of something she had to try. She put the bow back where she had found it and backed off, still looking around.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

Focusing on her spell leaves Jessica little ability to act- though no one else seems to be accomplishing much at the moment either. "Get out of there, or at least focus on protecting yourselves!"

Spoiler: Jessica, round 2
    Show
    Jessica Cooper
    F NG Aasimar (Angel-blooded) Cleric, Level 1, Init 2, HP 9/9, DR Acid, Cold, Elec resist 5, Speed
    AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, CMD 13, Fort 3, Ref 1, Will 4, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 0
    Glaive +2 (1d8+3, x3)
    Dagger +2/+1 (1d4+1, 19-20,x2)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 15, Cha 16
    Condition +2 CL for divination spells
    Augery 2/2 (weekly)
    Inner beauty: 1/1
    Alter self: 1/1
    Channel energy: 6/8, 1d6
    Touch of good: 4/5
    Bit of Luck: 3/5
    Bless: 1/1
    Protection from Evil: 0/1
    Talisman of good fortune: reroll natural 1 (once, then it crumbles)

Round 2 of detecting magic.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

With her power focused, Taz holds up her right hand in a claw, a visible trickle of water flowing out of her fingertips. Eyes darting about the room, she braces herself to find and disrupt the next attack from the unseen attacker.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    This almost certainly won't actually work, but it seems like what Taz would try to do! The pushing infusion makes it like a Bull's Rush as well. It doesn't seem like something *impossible* to do - just really, really hard. Please apply whatever additional penalties are needed...
    Perception: (1d20+5)[9]
    Ready action (attack w/ pushing infusion): (1d20+3)[12] Damage: (1d6+6)[9]

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

Whatever it is, I think it wants us to leave. So maybe do it the favor. Just this time. a very confused Marius shouts.

Spoiler
    Show
    I retreat if the others do too. Same actions as last round.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Troll in the Playground

"Lets just completely block this place off. That way we can at least make sure that whatever is inside doesnt get out." Hewitt suggests while agreeing with the previous proposal by Marius.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ettin in the Playground

Laurelata puts the bow back and looks around. She does not notice any immediate changes. Jessica concentrates on the spell. She senses about half a dozen auras of up to moderate strength. Tazmara readies a counterattack while Marius and Hewitt remain mostly defensive. The next thing to throw itself is one of the benches. It targets Tazmara. Tazmara counterattacks. While not seeming to hit anyone, she does hit the bench, which makes it change the course and miss.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thrown bench: (1d20+3)[6] for (2d6)[4]

=> Party