New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

"Let's try not to damage these tents any further," Taz scans around for danger, then begins to carefully search the tents.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+5)[12]
    Perception: (1d20+5)[17]

2. - Top - End - #392
    Troll in the Playground

"And just to be sure...." Hewitt adds before casting its detect magic spell. "Lets be careful. We dont know if there could be any danger lurking around."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Casting detect magic.
    Just in case any magic auras are detected:
    Knowlegde arcana roll: (1d20+5)[20]
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ettin in the Playground

You carefully search the tents, trying not to damage anything. The tents are salvageable, though one apparently had some small animal nesting in it for a time and reeks of musk. Inside the tents you mostly find various personal belongings, including numerous outfits, predominantly, but not exclusively, frontier-styled and human-sized. Currently, you have no pressing need in any of them, so you leave them be. Of all the tents' contents only two (well, five) things are magical and of real interest. One is a small case with four vials containing some liquid shining faint conjuration (all four auras look very similar). The other is a man's shirt embroidered with arrangements of winged feet and shining a faint aura.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hewitt know arcana: (1d20+5)[6]

4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, this doesnt give me good signs. It seems like something got to them...." Hewitt remains silent for a moment. "Moving to the matter at hand, we might have a few magic items though I cant seem to identify completely. " He replies pointing at the shirt and the vials.
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

5. - Top - End - #395
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Interesting," Laurelata said, taking a look at the vials, "Someone still has a cure potion? Maybe we can compare and see if these are cure potions or something else? Or maybe you know, Jessica?"
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

Jessica shakes her head. "Honestly, I wouldn't know where to start. It's gonna take some time for me to figure out anything useful. Let's just be careful with them, for now."

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Taz grins, "ah, I still have one!" She searches throgugh her pack to remove the vial she took from the ship. Taz gives a thorough examination of the potions by lining the potions up side by side for inspection of color and clarity, shaking them to examine the viscosity or any sediment, removing the stopper to sniff them, and, lastly, assuming nothing seems out of line, tasting them side by side.

Show
    Perception to determine if this is a healing potion: (1d20+9)[17]
    I added the +4 as there is literally only one potion type she knows and it is the one she is comparing to.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

Marius
    Human Freebooter Ranger
    AC: 20 HP: 7/12
    touch: 12, ff: 18, CMD: 16
    Conditions:

Marius goes ahead and takes the shirt. Maybe just try it on then? I really haven't heard of any tales of cursed shirts. he chuckles. Hellknight Armor? Sure. Demonic blades? Of course? Belts that swap your gender? Sure. But a shirt should be harmless enough. I am however inclined to at least learn about it first. In doubt it could be beneficial to us, so someone should use it. he adds. He approaches Jessica, with his arms raised. Help me get this armor off and I'll try the shirt. But beware, if I grow a monkey tail, I am keeping it. Marius laughs.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

Jessica laughs, shaking her head good-naturedly at the joke. "If you insist," she giggles.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ettin in the Playground

Tazmara examines the newfound potions. They all look, feel and taste exactly the same and, in fact, the same as the healing potion she has. So much so, that if not differently-shaped vials, she would not be able to tell which is which. It's pretty clear that they are all healing potions and most probably have the same quantitative effect as the known specimen.

Marius puts the magic shirt on. He does not notice any difference.

Spoiler
    Show
    Potion of CLW x4
    The shirt has no apparent effect
    Last edited by u-b; 2020-05-22 at 09:55 AM.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

Jessica eyes the ranger playfully as he settles into the shirt. "So... feel any different?" Her eyes playfully wander and she winks when she returns her gaze to his face. "You don't look much different." With a laugh she corrals her thoughts to the present issues again.

"Let's go deal with the roaches in the stores and then rejoin with Ramona and the others. I think it's past time we get their input."

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Sure, but what about all those little houses over there," Laurelata asked, "and the one at the back over there. And oh, can I have one of the potions?"
    She pointed to a bunch of little houses outside of the town proper.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show

I mean A14 and A18 on the map. And there's A13 as well.

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

After her lengthy examination, Taz proclaims, "these are exactly the same. I'm absolutely certain. Everyone take one." She hands them out to the other party members, and stashes her own sample she compared against.

"Marius, Jessica, and I actually explored that house earlier," Taz says when Lauraleta points to the distance farm house. "We should explore the others though. We should also check the fields for... you know, more murder corn. That is probably one of the things the colony will need to get functional immediately. Hopefully a lot is salvagable still. The vegetable field is right there," she points southeast, "hopefully it is safe, but we should certainly check."

Show
    A18 is the choker farmhouse. A15 & A16 should be explored. A14 is a ton of houses that might have clues or dangers. Then roaches in town. Lastly A13.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Troll in the Playground

"And dont worry about the shirt, I can always tr to analyze it later when we finish the task at hand." Hewitt adds knowing that the mission at hand probably came first. After hearig the instructions about what was next on schedule, he nods and replies "I will follow your lead. Lets go."
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

Marius
    Human Freebooter Ranger
    Conditions:

Well, it IS a nice shirt, I'll give it that much. Marius says. Now if you would be so kind to help me get this thing on again? Marius armors himself up, not wanting him to get used to the feel without the armor. It protected him well today, and he will need to take more punishment before this all is over.

If I may be so bold to ask for one of these draughts too? Then we go for pest control. Marius adds.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Taz nods, "alright, lets head to the storage, I'll put on the swarmsuit and take care of the roaches. Just stand clear, and I will take care of them."

Show
    u-b: I'm a bit confused by your OOC post, but lets move to the grain storage and kill the roaches.

Kinetic blasts do full damage to swarms, and the suit should make it more difficult for Taz to get injured. I am not sure what we need to do - it should be just a few round of her blasting roaches until the swarm is destroyed. (Unless their damage will breach the swarmsuit).

17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Good idea," Laurelata said, "let's go there."
    As she had already gone into both the food shed where the roaches were and the storage shed with the special suit, she led them there and showed where she had found the suit and the other stuff, like the poison that had also been stored with the suit.

"I doubt we can save a lot of the food," she added, "but if the roaches are death, at least they won't eat more of our food."

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ettin in the Playground

The swarmsuit is wrong size for Tazmara. She can get in it and it still seems like it would protect her, but it takes some sleeve-rolling and such things not foreseen by its design for her to be able to normally move, so the protection ends up being a bit less than intended. Anyway, it takes about a minute for Tazmara to disperse the roaches and while she does suffer a few bites in the process, there is no real damage. It takes quite a lot more to hunt for any remaining groups between the barrels and crates to make sure the swarm won't reform in a size that would be dangerous for ordinary colonists.

Moving the barrels and crates around to get to the roaches you notice that well more than half of them are still sealed and are probably good (you don't open them to actually check). Anything not sealed tight was infested. Anyway, the foodstore is currently safe to use, if very uncomfortably wet.

Spoiler: Roachcide
    Show
    Tazmara (1d20+3)[14] for (1d6+6)[8] vs swarm auto for (1d6-4)[0]
    Tazmara (1d20+3)[6] for (1d6+6)[10] vs swarm auto for (1d6-4)[-3]
    Tazmara (1d20+3)[19] for (1d6+6)[9] vs swarm auto for (1d6-4)[-1]
    Tazmara (1d20+3)[10] for (1d6+6)[11] vs swarm auto for (1d6-4)[-1]
    Tazmara (1d20+3)[23] for (1d6+6)[12] vs swarm auto for (1d6-4)[-3]
    Tazmara (1d20+3)[15] for (1d6+6)[7] vs swarm auto for (1d6-4)[-3]
    Tazmara (1d20+3)[11] for (1d6+6)[9] vs swarm auto for (1d6-4)[-2]
    Tazmara (1d20+3)[19] for (1d6+6)[9] vs swarm auto for (1d6-4)[-3]
    Tazmara (1d20+3)[22] for (1d6+6)[9] vs swarm auto for (1d6-4)[0]

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

Marius
    Human Freebooter Ranger
    Conditions:

In the meanwhile, Marius gathers wood for a fire, to create a signal fire. He signals a safe landing zone to the ship.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

About a minute after her descent into the foodstore, Taz emerges visibly shaken. As she removes the ill fitting suit she proclaims, "I killed most of them, but I will have nightmares about that writhing horde of..." her face contorts with digust and she shudders as the sentence drops. "There looks to be a bunch of sealed crates and barrels still, so there should be food."

"Should we explore the fields next?"

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

"What luck!" Jessica cries, genuinely happy to find that much of the stores remain usable. "Let's wait for the others, Taz. Nothing is going to get more dangerous with more people on-hand, right?"

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Taz frowns and looks out toward the ship. "It might just be my dwarven sense of duty creeping through, but Ramona said to ensure it was safe. If we haven't checked everywhere people might go, I don't think we've done that. If some overconfident farmhand runs off and get eaten by a pack on goblins camped out in the houses down there or something... well, I don't want to be faced with that guilt."

23. - Top - End - #413
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Leave the door open until we leave," Laurelata said, "that would clear out at least some of moisture out. We can see about the sealed stuff later."

24. - Top - End - #414
    Troll in the Playground

"Should I cast my magical detecting spell while exploring the fields? I have seen the auras beforehand and I might be able to see if there are any more magically enhanced plant life in the area." Hewitt replies remembering the experience they had during the last attack.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

"I understand what you mean, Taz, but these aren't helpless children. We all signed up to colonize a mysterious island rife with danger and unknown threats. I certainly hope they're not so foolhardy as to wander about where it's not safe..."

A moment later, she responds to Hewitt. "That sounds like a great idea." She smiles wanly- keenly aware of her own inability in that area.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"How long can you keep the spell up," Laurelata asked, as she had Always been interested in the Arcane and knew a few tricks herself. But for her that's all they were, some tricks.
    "Make sure you can keep it up over all the fields if you do that."

27. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground

"I can keep the spell up as long as I keep myself concentrated on the spell." Hewitt explains to the others. He then casts the spell so they can begin the search through the fields.

Show

Casting detect magic. To keep the magic up, I will have to use my standard action each turn.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

28. - Top - End - #418
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Laurelata followed, weapon drawn. If he was concentrating on the spell, he was probably not really paying attention to other things, so she went with him to make sure he didn't fall into any holes and to make sure nothing non-magical attacked. Or if it did, that she could intercept it.

Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show

keeping attention on anything moving in the fields.
    perception: (1d20+7)[23]

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ettin in the Playground

Marius finds some firewood and prepares to create a signal fire on the beach, but before he's done the whole rest of the party goes checking the filds, starting with the nearest vegetable field. There's nothing magical in there, but Laurelata notices a fresh "mole" hole (if only moles were the size of dogs).

30. - Top - End - #420
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I would wait a bit with that fire," Laurelata said to Marius as she shows him the hole, "I think we still have some extermination to do. I'm not sure what makes holes this big and how to get it out to kill it, so any suggestions are welcome."