New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

Lightburn should be closeby to Marius. As oredered, it is prepared to engage in combat. Hewitt decided to be on on the very back of the party, ready to offer assistance if it became necessary to get involved.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Hewitt Faol Ratfolk Summoner 1 NG HP 10 / 10 Speed ft Init 2 AC 13 Fort 2 Ref 2 Will 2 CMB -1 BAB 0 Scimitar 1 (1d4, 18-20/x2) Str 11 (0) Dex 14 (2) Con 14 (2) Wis 10 (0) Int 12 (1) Cha 16 (3)

Lightburn Outsider Eidolon 1 NG HP 11 / 11 Speed ft Init 2 AC 12 Fort 3 Ref 4 Will 2 CMB +3 BAB 1 Bite 3 (1d6+2, x2) Str 14 (2) Dex 14 (2) Con 13 (1) Wis 10 (0) Int 7 (-2) Cha 11 (0)

Lightburn´s bite attack (1d20+3)[20]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[6]

Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Taz draws on the primal force of water and channels it into a powerful blast directed toward the ferocious insect.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Sorry for the short post

Move: gather power 1
    Standard: pushing infusion (1d20+3)[4] (likely -4) Damage: (1d6+6)[8]

Spoiler: Character Details
    Show
    Tazmara Stonesong
    F NG Dwarf Kineticist (Aquakineticist), Level 1, Init 2, HP 13/13, Speed 20
    AC 15, Touch 12, Flat-footed 13, CMD 13, Fort 6, Ref 5, Will 1, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 0
    PBS Water Blast +3 (1d6+6, x2)
    Heavy Pick +1 (1d6+1, x4)
    Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +2 Dex)
    Burn 0/7

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ettin in the Playground

Laurelata shoots at the ankheg, but with Marius partially in the way, she targets too far to the left and the arrow somply glances against the carapace. Marius swings his sword, but has the same effect. Jessica stumbles as she advances to attack and the best she managed to achieve is not dropping her glaive. Lightburn bites one of ankheg's legs for solid 6 damage just as Tazmara spectacularly sprays a lot of water everywhere around, luckily not hitting any friends.

Anya shoots two arrows at the monster, but hits only with one, and for, apparently, minimum effect. "Fall back behind Lightburn! Don't let it grab you!"

The ankheg tries to eat some of Marius, but the man blocks with his shield.

Spoiler
    Show
    Anya arrow: (1d20+5)[17] for (1d8+1)[2]
    Anya arrow: (1d20+5)[8] for (1d8+1)[2]

Ankheg bite (1d20+5)[15] for (2d6+4)[13] and (1d4)[3] acid plus grab (1d20+11)[25] vs Marius

=> Party
    Last edited by u-b; 2020-07-16 at 01:59 PM.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

With too many people around the Ankheg, Laurelata decides not to shoot anymore. Keeping her bow in her left hand, she draws her rapier and moves in, making sure to be on the opposite side of the Ankheg compared to Marius.

Spoiler: OOC actions
    Show

move action to draw my rapier, then move action to move into flanking position. That means no attack this turn, but a +2 for Marius. And next round I can do sneak attack again.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

Marius
    Human Freebooter Ranger
    AC: 22 HP: 12/12
    touch: 12, ff: 18, CMD: 16
    Conditions: fight defensively, Freebooter's Bane +1, flanking with Laurelata

The creature bites down on Marius' shield, which is slightly scrunched now. He manages to drag his shield back, and take on a defensive stance. Aim for the segments, y'all. Jess, stab it! Go, now! Marius says as he wedges his blade between segments, trying to open a space to reveal its softer flesh for the elven fencer. Father is gonna kill me if he sees the shield.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Freebooter's Bane for everyone. +1 to attack and damage.
    Standard: fight defensively into aid another (Laurelata) (1d20+5)[23] (-2 because I forgot I don't have fight defensively) vs. AC 10.
    If I succeed, +2 on her first attack in addition to Freebooter's Bane.
    Sorry for not really utilising your domain ability, Bink, but I figure going on the defensive is better for my health.

Last edited by Spore; 2020-07-17 at 03:00 AM.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Troll in the Playground

"Good job, Lightburn! Keep the pressure coming. We need to finish the job as soonas possible." Hewitt replies trying to cheer Lightburn up. He had to make sure to keep him safe and sound but still make sure the rest where capable of fighting without the threatening jaws of death.

Show

Hewitt Faol Ratfolk Summoner 1 NG HP 10 / 10 Speed ft Init 2 AC 13 Fort 2 Ref 2 Will 2 CMB -1 BAB 0 Scimitar 1 (1d4, 18-20/x2) Str 11 (0) Dex 14 (2) Con 14 (2) Wis 10 (0) Int 12 (1) Cha 16 (3)

Lightburn Outsider Eidolon 1 NG HP 11 / 11 Speed ft Init 2 AC 12 Fort 3 Ref 4 Will 2 CMB +3 BAB 1 Bite 3 (1d6+2, x2) Str 14 (2) Dex 14 (2) Con 13 (1) Wis 10 (0) Int 7 (-2) Cha 11 (0)

Lightburn´s bite attack (1d20+3)[13]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[6]

On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

As her last attempt to touch the source of her power faltered so miserably, Taz takes a deep breath and focuses, trying to center herself. She reaches inward as she directs shot at the insectoid monstrosity.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Again, I'm sorry for short posts - it is going to be that way for a while I'm afraid.

Move: gather power 1
    Standard: pushing infusion (1d20+3)[23] (likely -4) Damage: (1d6+6)[7]

Spoiler: Character Details
    Show
    Tazmara Stonesong
    F NG Dwarf Kineticist (Aquakineticist), Level 1, Init 2, HP 13/13, Speed 20
    AC 15, Touch 12, Flat-footed 13, CMD 13, Fort 6, Ref 5, Will 1, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 0
    PBS Water Blast +3 (1d6+6, x2)
    Heavy Pick +1 (1d6+1, x4)
    Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +2 Dex)
    Burn 0/7

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ettin in the Playground

Laurelata moves around to flank the ankheg, drawing her rapier as she does. Jessica bestows a bit of luck on Marius. The man tries to distract the ankheg to help Laurelata, but also tries to make sure he can defend himself from the upcoming attack. Lightburn tries to bithe the ankheg again, but this time does not manage to penetrate the chitinous carapace. Tazmara conjures more dampness and shoots a jet straight at the ankheg for 7 damage. Anya shoots two more arrows. One glances harmlessly off the carapace, but the other finds a gap and sinks deep for solid 9 damage.

The ankheg tries a bite at Marius, but is again blocked by the man's shield. Wounded and frustrated, the magical beast tries to back away from the fight and burrow into the ground...

Spoiler
    Show
    Ankheg bite (1d20+5)[21] for (2d6+4)[8] and (1d4)[2] acid plus grab (1d20+11)[20]
    Target: same or other (1d2)[1]
    Anya arrow: (1d20+5)[15] for (1d8+1)[5]
    Anya arrow: (1d20+5)[16] for (1d8+1)[9]

=> AoOs anyone?

9. - Top - End - #519
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"It's getting away," Laurelata shouted as she tried to hit it one more time before it did so, trying for the gaps between the armour plates as Marius said.

Spoiler: OOC rolls and actions
    Show

of course, attack of opportunity: (1d20+8)[26] (I assume all the helping bonusses and flanking bonusses still count on AoOs)
    damage: (1d6+1)[2] and sneak attack: (1d6)[1]

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

Marius
    Human Freebooter Ranger

STAY HERE!

Spoiler
    Show
    AoO: (1d20+3)[13] (or 11+3 as rolled by Bink)
    Damage (1d8+4)[7]

Last edited by Spore; 2020-07-18 at 12:56 PM.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Titan in the Playground

As the creature prepares to flee, Jessica lashes out with her patron's blade.

Spoiler: Jessica, Round 2ish?
    Show
    Jessica Cooper
    F NG Aasimar (Angel-blooded) Cleric, Level 1, Init 2, HP 9/9, DR Acid, Cold, Elec resist 5, Speed
    AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, CMD 13, Fort 3, Ref 1, Will 4, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 0
    Glaive +2 (1d10+3, x3)
    Dagger +2/+1 (1d4+1, 19-20,x2)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 15, Cha 16
    Condition +2 CL for divination spells
    Augery 2/2 (weekly)
    Inner beauty: 1/1
    Alter self: 1/1
    Channel energy: 6/8, 1d6
    Touch of good: 4/5
    Bit of Luck: 1/5
    Talisman of good fortune: reroll natural 1 (once, then it crumbles)
    Bit of luck should also apply to Marius' AoO this round: (1d20)[11] (I don't know the modifier)
    --edit: 10 to 11 is pretty uninspiring, but them's the breaks...

Jessica's AoO:
    (1d20+2)[21] attack
    (1d20+2)[9] CC (22, x3)
    (1d10+3)[12] damage
    (2d10+6)[13] crit bonus

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ettin in the Playground

Laurelata puts the rapier between the ankheg's plates, but, by the look of it, misses any vital organs inside. Marius' blow glances off the carapace. The ankheg is already halfway down a new hole when Jessica cuts its hind part off with a mighty blow of the glaive. The ankheg stops gaining depths. It soon stops moving altogether. You seem to have won.

"Whew!" Anya sighs with a relief. "You really had me worried there for a moment!"

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

Marius
    Human Freebooter Ranger

Marius looks exasperated at Jessica. She was by no means a weak person, showing physical and mental strength to support the cause, but she never took the robe wearing minister for a proper fighter. He looks back at his scrunched shield, and sheathes his weapon.

That was easier than I anticipated. Can I just say that we did great today? We are a good team. Regardless, Marius started to look for other tunnels, making sure there was no second ankheg, assuming these things multiplied sexually.

Spoiler
    Show
    Survival (1d20+6)[8]

14. - Top - End - #524
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I also thought it would be more difficult," Laurelata said, keeping her weapon out for now, just to be sure, "let's have a look around, maybe even down in the tunnels, in case there are eggs or something. Oh, does anybody knows if Ankheg parts are used in magic rituals? Seeing as we have one now."

15. - Top - End - #525
    Titan in the Playground

Jessica blinks, surprised at the depths of injury she just caused. She gawks at Marius and Laurelata, her chest rising and falling with deep, strained breaths. "You thought- *breath breath* thought that was easy!? *breath* Marius almost died!" She lapses into silence, as a quick inspection leaves her a little stunned that no one in their party ended up getting hurt at all- much less seriously.

After several more moments of labored breathing, she finally comes back down off the adrenaline high. She cleans the worst of the ichor off her blade with a disgusted frown. "I'll have to polish that off, ugh!... I guess maybe you all are right. Good work, everyone. Especially you, Marius." She smiles at him, wiping an unruly strand of dark hair back behind her ear.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Troll in the Playground

"I am just glad the whole thing is finally over. I cant wait to have a nice long rest after all of the hard work." Hewitt replies as he sighs in relief. Lightburn grunted annoyed. "I am sorry about what happened earlier. I promise I will make it up when we get settled down." Hewitt could only hope that this would be good for his image in the long run.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ettin in the Playground

It takes you more than one hour, involving more than one shovel, but you do establush the following:
    1. There is not second large ankheg here, if there ever was.
    2. The large ankheg that you've killed has spent some time here, maybe about a month.
    3. It laid a total 11 leathery eggs, of which one did not hatch and was apparently eaten by those who hatched.
    4. Those 10 young ankhegs were then driven away in various directions by hunger, instinct and/or their own mother.

You then start looking for any tracks of humans leaving the colony. This took you the rest of the day, but proved to be an utterly futile exercise. Not because there are no tracks - there are a lot of them, going in various directions. You mostly don't recognize individual footprints after the time that has passed, but there are some trails that are still clearly visible after this time. You tried to follow them and found:
    1. A place where they have cut lumber.
    2. A place where they have collected coconuts.
    3. A few more trails that for whatever reason go into the surrounding area and gradually disperse in there. Maybe they have been hunting. Or gathering. Or what.
    4. Two ankheg-nymph-sized mole holes.

Anyway, there seem to be no signs of land-based exodus. The sun begins to set now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Marius perception: (1d20+6)[15]
    Marius survival: (1d20+6)[23]
    Marius survival: (1d20+6)[16]

18. - Top - End - #528
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Well, that was a productive day," Laurelata said, "there should be about seven of those small ankhegs in the vicinity then, if I counted the eggs right.
    We can go back to the boat and tell them and then they can get on shore tomorrow."

19. - Top - End - #529
    Titan in the Playground

Jessica nods eagerly, pleased to have already discovered so much. She paces back to the skiff, oddly glad to be returning to the ship that had begun to seem so small. In light of their adventurous day ashore, a peaceful night in her bunk sounds just right. She takes to the oars without complaint, and before long has worked up a thin bead of sweat on her upper arms and shoulders.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Troll in the Playground

"I must add that is all thanks to the combined efforts of our team. It has been a pleasure working so far with all of you. I hope you can consider me a friend for any possible future endevours." Hewitt replies while Lightburn simply nods in agreement. He could only hope that some of the future endevours involve business though he knew that the threat behind the banishment of the previous settlers could still be out there.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

21. - Top - End - #531
    Titan in the Playground

Marius
    Human Freebooter Ranger
    AC: 20 HP: 12/12
    Conditions: -

The ranger took position behind Jessica on the rowing boat, supporting her rowing with his own. Of course he enjoyed the sight, unable to hide is budding infatuation with the woman. But he tried to keep his thoughts on track.

He shakes his head and turns his sight on the small ratfolk magic user. Hewitt, just a question. Is the scimitar decoration or are you actually skilled in using it? If so, are you scared to join us in melee combat? You might have realized my training is to become a bodyguard, not a hunter. I can protect more than one person, granted they are close to me. You can hear Marius tries his best not to sound accusatory, but he lacks the social finesse and refined charisma.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Taz looks up at the setting sun, and says, "at some point we should try to comb this area for the remains of that thing that exploded around here. If there is no time today, maybe we can come search tomorrow. If anything might hold a clue of what happened, it is that. Good work, everyone."

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ettin in the Playground

You depart from the pier and row back to Perigrine. Ramona hears your reports, which presumably mention that you've found no trace of missing colonists (please provide some reports if you feel like it), and seems particularly insistent on learning whether the village would be safe for those on Perigrine. A possible reason of her ongoing concern with the question becomes apparent when she lets you dine and rest after the day. You overhear some colonists discussing your arrival, lack of any corresponding official announcement, and whether this whole expedition should be ‘scrubbed’ and everyone sail back to Almas. Finally two of them leave the group where whey were hushing among themselves and approach you. One is Antona Sedgewick, a female human colonial soldier. The other is Faedwyr Trundlebrook, a male human farmer. Antona speaks.

"Why are you not telling us anything? We know that the colony is deserted, and if we won't find what has befall on them, we will follow the same fate, but Ramona just keeps silent and does not announce anything now that you are back! And that is after the whole day of telling us that everything would be fine and that you are looking into it! You were there! You saw it all with your own eyes, whatever it is! We must get Ramona to cancel this whole affair before she dooms us all for the good of the Company!"

Spoiler
    Show
    And now is where we go social. You thought that the day is over? Far from it!

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

Marius
    Human Freebooter Ranger

With the indignant air of someone disturbed at dinner, Marius says.
    We fought a few goblin tribesmen, a bit of wild life and had an encounter with a magical device, probably left by the first colonist's Pathfinder officer. Yes, the colonists have gone into hiding, but there is nothing more than speculations we can do a this point.

We made sure the ankheg was dealt with but we are still out there finding its larvae. They are dangerous but small groups of three to four men can best them.

Marius turns to eating his sandwich, as he is pestered again. Try to have a few days worth of patience. We will find the others, but they deserve the chance to have a contact to civilization.

Spoiler
    Show
    All of Marius' exciting Charisma (1d20-1)[5]

Last edited by Spore; 2020-07-26 at 06:57 AM.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"It's as Marius said," Laurelata added, "just a few pest control issues. You didn't think settling new lands would be without danger, now would you.
    If you paid attention to the recruitment talk instead of just drooling over the amount of land you would get, you would know this. Yes, the original colonists are missing, but I'm sure we can find them back, or at least deal with what has made them dissapear. In fact, that's what we had planned on doing tomorrow, even though we also want to just settle our own piece of the village."

Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show

I'll add my diplomacy or intimidation roll to this (both are untrained, both with the same modifier, so take which you think is best).
    (1d20+2)[20]

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ettin in the Playground

Antona looks genuinely surprised by yor easy take of the situation. She opens her mouth to object, but then closes it, saying nothing for quite some time. "I hope you know what you are doing." Faedwyr remains gloom, however. "Youngsters. They do think they do."

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

Marius
    Human Freebooter Ranger

Marius puts down his sandwich.
    I know I am fighting dangers so you don't have to face them. But we cannot solve all your problems. You have to face some of your own. I will gladly jump in the way of any monster to eat you, but the missing people take precedence.

He goes over the farmer. We know what we are doing. But I also know we cannot do everything alone. We need your help. You wanted to be a pioneer, now act like one.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Troll in the Playground

Hewitt was a bit lost in though. Indeed he knew how to handle his weapon but he wasnt that skilled in combat with it yet. "Is there any weaponsmith on this ship? I think I should get a ranged weapon." Hewitt wonders aloud. He stilll wasnt paying much atention at the situation at hand. He decides to start listening to figure out the converstion.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

Jessica looks up shocked by the seemingly-sudden outburst. When Marius responds quickly, she turns to him the same way. With the two perturbed colonists facing her companion, she mouths Marius!, trying to encourage patience and a measured response.

Their own irritation so returned, Jessica sighs openly and leaves her seat delicately. "Madam, sir," she begins, nodding respectfully to each, in turn. "Much of what you say is true, and though I wish I could fully allay your concerns, the truth is that there is reason for concern. However, none of us left expecting this to be easy, I hope. After all, we are here to help settle the vast unknown, an abandoned tropical island, several weeks' sail from civilization!" She smiles easily, hoping to bring some comfort to the moment.

"My friend here speaks true, though his skills with the blade appear better honed than his words. We have no desire to see anyone hurt, nor this endeavor abandoned for still-redeemable concerns. We plan to search for the missing colonists tomorrow, and I hope we will soon hear from them explanation for their absence. Judging from our findings today, I would say there is nothing that makes this venture a failure. Truly, it will depend on what we find of the colonists before we can make any long-lasting judgement."

Show
    Jessica is deeeeeefffffinitely planning to put a pretty face on things. As much as she's able to smooth things over, she will. In this context, I'll use her inner beauty trait for a 1/day bonus of +4 to this diplomacy check (included):
    (1d20+11)[18] diplomacy

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ettin in the Playground

Faedwyr looks Jessica in the eye. "Come, Antona, we must give these youngsters a chance." They go back to the group they came from and, it seems, are advocating to give you another day. Eventually, when you have finished your dinner, Ramona comes. She turns out to have a proposal for tomorrow. There is a cape to the north-west of the island. It was designated as a backup meeting point. If anything happened that would require the colonists to leave Talmandor's Bounty, they should have moved there, or at least left there a clue of their new location. Ramona proposes you walk there along the shore from Talmandor's Bounty, looking for clues like campsites and tracks along the way while the ship circles all the way counter-clockwise around the island, looking for any signs of settlers, settlements, signals and such, just in case the colonists thought the backup meeting point compromised and decided to wait for the ship in any other part of the coast. She is prepared to announce this plan to the rest of the colonists if you are agreeing to it.