New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

"Just stay still already," Laurelata shouted. She stood up, trusting her natural agility to stay standing in the boat as she stabbed one of them.

Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show

move action: stand up
    standard action: attack.

acrobatics to keep standing in the boat: (1d20+7)[24]

to hit: (1d20+3)[4]
    damage: (1d6)[6]

if critical hit:
    to hit: (1d20+3)[10]
    damage: (1d6)[3]
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Jessica narrowly avoids a spear-tip, her eyes wide as the stony weapon separates a few hairs from the side of her head. In an instant, the threat becomes real, and her eyes flicker with uncertainty as she wonders once again what in the nine hells she's actually doing in a skiff, trying to do battle with some amphibian Goblinoid. As the skiff continues to skim closer to shore, she holds her glaive warily, waiting for the right time to strike.

Spoiler: Round 2, Jessica
    Show
    Jessica Cooper
    F NG Aasimar (Angel-blooded) Cleric, Level 1, Init 2, HP 9/9, DR Acid, Cold, Elec resist 5, Speed
    AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, CMD 13, Fort 3, Ref 1, Will 4, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 0
    Glaive +2 (1d8+3, x3)
    Dagger +2/+1 (1d4+1, 19-20,x2)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 15, Cha 16
    Condition +2 CL for divination spells
    Augery 2/2 (weekly)
    Inner beauty: 1/1
    Alter self: 1/1
    Channel energy: 8/8, 1d6
    Touch of good: 5/5
    Bit of Luck: 5/5

If I understand this right, the skiff will move us such that Jessica is able to attack again. At current she's too close to attack with the glaive, but will ready an action to swing (at the end of the round?) when the skiff moves us.
    (1d20+2)[17] glaive
    (1d20+2)[14] crit confirmation (if necessary; nat 20, x3)
    (1d8+3)[7] damage
    (2d8+6)[13] crit bonus

If I'm not understanding this right, and will essentially be skipping a turn, let's instead activate bit of luck on Marius, so he gets to roll twice and take the better roll on his d20. For simplicity: (1d20)[6] (or his natural roll)

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Tazmara stands up and blasts a stream of water into the water near the grindylow. Hewitt gets armed, but remains sitting down. Marius swings the paddle and makes a splash as the wide end hits the water. Laurelata stands up and waves her weapon in the general direction of the grindylow as the boat slowly takes her out of reach of the creature. As the boat gradually slows down, Jessica finds herself still too close to the grindylow on the port side of the boat, so she attacks the farther grindylow on the starboard and hits him in his ugly head for 7 damage. The grindylow goes underwater, seemingly losing consciousness. The port side grindylow meanwhile uses the moment to stab Jessica in the side for 4 damage, flails some tentacles around trying to trip her without success and then goes underwater too.

Spoiler
    Show
    Grindylow spear: (1d20+3)[17] for (1d6+1)[4] vs Jessica
    Grindylow trip: (1d20+4)[5] vs Jessica

As I understand it, Tazmara, Laurelata and Jessica are standing up, Hewitt and Marius are sitting. Both grindylows are underwater, the northern one having taken 5-ft "step" down, so is somewhat deeper than the other. The southern one is seemingly unconscious. For most purposes, treat them as having improved cover and cover respectively, the northern one also having concealment.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

As there was currently nothing to attack, Laurelata started looking around at the water, just in case there were more coming.
    "Quickly, row to the beach before they come back with some friends," she said to the rowers, holding on to her rapier for the moment but making sure her bow was also in easy reach.

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Hewitt isnt sure about the situation. Did those creatures just leave? He replies "Agreed. We need to move on. We are sitting ducks if we remain here."Hewitt stays on the defense, ready to attack anything if it rose above water level.

Knowing that the creature on his side of the boat was still out there, he had to take an extra measure.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Casting mage armor. AC increased to 17.
    It should last for 1 hour.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Marius shimmies a bit in the middle and takes both rudders. You defend the boat, I'll handle the rowing. If any of you have any clever magic tricks, now would be the time. Marius takes the second rudder, and goes.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+8)[23] Profession (Sailor) is technically needed to get from 0 to 30 speed as per Naval Combat Rules An oar has AC 12, HP 10 and hardness 5 (wood).

I am of course working under the assumption I can propel a boat on my own.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Jessica's breath goes out of her with an almost audible thump. She hits her bench-seat in similar fashion, dazed boy the sudden sharp pain of impact. Unaware how narrowly she may have just avoided a much worse fate, tears well up in her eyes as she struggles to focus herself on anything but the pain. Laurelata's no-nonsense command calls her attention back to the matters at hand and seem to brook no arguments. Blinking her eyes clear, she fumbles in the floor of the skiff for the oar before trying to assist Marius once more in the rowing. "Keep-" she chokes on the words. "Just keep them away from me!" With obvious effort, she puts her whole being into the task, desperate to get away from the foul creatures.

Spoiler: Round 3, Jessica
    Show
    Jessica Cooper
    F NG Aasimar (Angel-blooded) Cleric, Level 1, Init 2, HP 5/9, DR Acid, Cold, Elec resist 5, Speed
    AC 11, Touch 11, Flat-footed 10, CMD 13, Fort 3, Ref 1, Will 4, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 0
    Glaive +2 (1d8+3, x3)
    Augery 2/2 (weekly)
    Channel energy: 8/8, 1d6

I'll let you address the details, as I'm not at all sure what actions or checks might apply. She lacks training for profession (sailor) or any other skills that seem directly applicable. I'll just provide (d20) (1d20)[8] and let you work out whatever needs to be worked out. Jessica is using all of her combat action(s) to try and get rowing again.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

The water around the boat begins to undulate as Taz focuses to pull move from the plane of water. She channels coldly, not letting the intensity of the moment have her pull too much through herself. Instead she builds the power around her. The surface of the water begins to chaotically roil streaming about along unseen lines of power. Droplets of water coalesce from the air, joining into the frenetic dance. Everything and everyone nearby is sprayed with a light mist until all the channeled power gets pulled back through Taz. An instant passes with her skin glowing blue from the power inside her, before another, more forceful jet of water launches out into the deep at the Goblipodes.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move action to gather power (1 burn reduced)

Standard action: Kinetic blast + push (water) attack: (1d20-1)[7] (+3 - 4 for enemy in melee) Damage: (1d6+6)[7]
    If hit will push the Goblipus 5 ft as if subjected to a bull rush

Spoiler: Character Details
    Show
    Tazmara Stonesong
    F NG Dwarf Kineticist (Aquakineticist), Level 1, Init 2, HP 13/13, Speed 20
    AC 15, Touch 12, Flat-footed 13, CMD 13, Fort 6, Ref 5, Will 1, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 0
    PBS Water Blast +3 (1d6+6, x2)
    Heavy Pick +1 (1d6+1, x4)
    Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +2 Dex)
    Burn 0/7

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Having scared away the grindylows, who head to north-west, one dragged by the other, while remaining near the not so far sea floor, the party makes it the other way towards the solitary dock that extends from the beach into the bay. The construction is solid and looks recent, suitable for tying off a small boat, although no watercraft are readily visible. The beach inclines to the east before giving way to grass and trees. Further on in that direction, buildings and a palisade wall stand on the rise.

Spoiler: Laurelata
    Show
    You can spot a canoe on the seafloor at a depth of 10 feet. It is upside-down and parallel to the northern side of the dock.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DaOldeWolf View Post
    Casting mage armor. AC increased to 17.
    Stuff like this should probably go on the sheet unless you are going to otherwise track it and include in every in-combat post.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Hewitt was the first to run to dry land. "Great! Now I can finally fetch our last team member. It will just take a minute. Then we can keep up exploring. Just keep your eyes open while I finish." Hewitt kind of regretted not summoning Lightburn beforehand but he had wanted to keep a low profile on the boat. At least, he could start the summoning ritual.

Hewitt got on his knees and started mumbling. He moved his hands every now and then while doing this. He concentrated completely into channeling Lightburn. Afterall, Lightburn could be a valuable asset especially, there could be more enemies on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stuff like this should probably go on the sheet unless you are going to otherwise track it and include in every in-combat post.
    Show

Agreed. I will keep it up in every post till the effect goes away.

Performing the ritual to summon the eidolon. It takes one minute to perform.

AC 17 due to mage armor. It should last for about an hour.
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

As soon as the boat arrived at the pier, Laurelate jumped on land and used some rope to secure the boat. Then she got back in to get her bow.
    "There's an upside-down Canoe here," she said, pointing, "maybe while Hewitt works his ritual, one of us can stand guard and the rest can try dragging it onto the shore. It might contain clues as to what happened and if nothing else, it can be salvaged in case those underwater goblins wreck our other boat. I'm not sure if they will come on land, but if we put if far enough, it should be fairly safe. I have some rope we can use if needed."

Spoiler: OOC comment
    Show

I assume there's some rope in the boat to secure it to the dock. Most of those small boats have some rope in them (I've been on enough RHIBs to know).

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Despite her affiinity for the water, Taz revels in having something solid beneath her feet for the first time in a month and a half. Her eyes follow Lauralata's finger to the boat underwater. "We should think before we do anything. The... grin-dee-lows," she rolls the unfamilar word over her tongue as if she has marbles in her mouth, "are a sign that the colony has likely been attacked. We may want to shore our boat, since a cut of the rope from one of the... grindylows... may leave us stranded here while we explore." With a tip of her head toward the canoe, she adds, "and I don't know if that is sea worthy. I can probably get that canoe to shore on my own, if the rest of you would keep watch. If it is stuck in the mud, I could probably get a rope around it. Might need some help dislodging it in that case."

Spoiler
    Show
    Combination of swimming (take 10), aquakinesis currents, and aquakinetic adjustment to bouyancy should allow Taz to get the boat to shore or a rope tied around it.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Okay," Laurelata said, grabbing her bow and watching out, keeping an eye on both land and water.
    "If you need them, I have rope and a grappling hook you can use," she added.

Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show

time to roll perception: (1d20+7)[25]

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

If possible, Marius tries to lug the boat onto land. They might come back and cut our ropes. he says. As Hewitt casts his spell, Marius reacts a bit wary. Uhm, Hewitt? I have read about wizards enslaving demons and similar. Are you positive, you want to do this?

His whole demeanor is critical and uneasy, but ultimatively not hostile yet. Of course Marius has told stories about how he adores the Eagle Knights who also sponsored his armor and much of his part of the expedition; the Eagle Knights, who are known enemies of slavery.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Jessica makes no effort to hide her shock at the sudden violence inflicted upon her. As the party trudges ashore, she lifts her holy symbol aloft. A subtle pulse of energy emanates out from it, filling her group with a gentle sort of warmth and easing her nerves somewhat. "Why would they attack the colonists?" she stammered at Taz. "I- I didn't think there'd be so much fighting!" she admits, succeeding for the moment at holding back tears.

She stomps resolutely back into the surf to help Marius pull the skiff onto the shore- or at least as high as the pair can manage. Then, while watching Hewitt, she looks down at her hands and notices the appearance of angry red marks that will no doubt be blistering soon. Her eyebrows furrow in acknowledgement of the discomfort, and she rubs her hands together awkwardly as she looks around their landing area.
    Spoiler: Jessica post-combat
    Show
    Jessica Cooper
    F NG Aasimar (Angel-blooded) Cleric, Level 1, Init 2, HP 7/9, DR Acid, Cold, Elec resist 5, Speed
    Glaive +2 (1d8+3, x3)
    Augery 2/2 (weekly)
    Channel energy: 7/8, 1d6

Using my first of 8 channels for (1d6)[2] HP. I think only Jessica was hurt, but still. Perception to assist in keeping watch: (1d20+2)[10]

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

While Tazmara, Marius and Jessica drag the boat ashore, Hewitt has enough time to perform whatever ritual he was performing. Laurelata keeps watch, but sees nothing untoward until suddenly an obviously extraplanar black wolf appears next to Hewitt. It seems partially on fire and smoke comes out of its fur now and again, but it does not appear to be threatening anyone just yet and Hewitt seems not the least surprised. After the wolf is properly introduced, the next business seems to be getting the canoe onshore. This probably could be done with a grappling hook attached to a rope, but to prevent quite possible damage to canoe, Taz instead takes rope and dives in. She is trying to tie the rope to the canoe when a small crab-like claw appears from under it, trying to grab her. Soon after, before Tazmara could react to the surprise, a second claw appears and the claws both attempt to grab Tazmara's hand. One succeeds at pinching one of her fingers quite painfully for 1 damage.

Spoiler
    Show
    I assume Hewitt introduces his eidolon and/or addresses Marius' questions before Tazmara goes diving.

Something stealth: (1d20+13)[26]
    Tazmara perception: (1d20+5)[9]

Something init: (1d20+5)[22]
    Tazmara init: (1d20+2)[4]

Something claw: (1d20+3)[13] for (1d3-2)[0]
    Something claw: (1d20+3)[14] for (1d3-2)[0]
    Something claw: (1d20+3)[20] for (1d3-2)[0]

Assume the depth is 5 feet at the site of the action.

=> Tazmara (and then, possibly, everybody else)

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

The sudden pinch of her fingers nearly startles her into exhaling, but Taz catches herself and instead takes a measured assessment of the situation. One crab; damage to finger minimal; nothing here to fear. Feet firmly on the ground, she draws her trusty pick from her side and swings it under the boat attempting to skewer the creature.

Show
    From my previous post, adjusted bouyancy should put her solidly on the ground, so she should have firm footing for the attack.
    Move: draw heavy pick
    Standard: Attack (heavy pick) (1d20+1)[19] Damage: (1d6+1)[5]

Rounds of breath remaining before drowing: 33/38.

I am assuming getting down there and starting to tie it took about three rounds. The standard action drains an extra. Also, I assume from the damage roll that is 1 NL damage, yes?

Show
    Tazmara Stonesong
    F NG Dwarf Kineticist (Aquakineticist), Level 1, Init 2, HP 13/13, NL 1, Speed 20
    AC 15, Touch 12, Flat-footed 13, CMD 13, Fort 6, Ref 5, Will 1, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 0
    Burn 0/7

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    If possible, Marius tries to lug the boat onto land. They might come back and cut our ropes. he says. As Hewitt casts his spell, Marius reacts a bit wary. Uhm, Hewitt? I have read about wizards enslaving demons and similar. Are you positive, you want to do this?

His whole demeanor is critical and uneasy, but ultimatively not hostile yet. Of course Marius has told stories about how he adores the Eagle Knights who also sponsored his armor and much of his part of the expedition; the Eagle Knights, who are known enemies of slavery.
    Just in front of Hewitt a creature resembling a black wolf with fire around its head shaped like a mask. Hewitt addresses the issue of his teammate. "Dont worry! I can assure you that I treat Lightburn with respect and friendship though he wasnt there during our journey on boat because he can give the wrong impression with those that dont understand. He can fight pretty well though, better than myself even." Hewitt decided to leave his explanation there. "His name is Lightburn and its a pleasure to meet you all."

Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    While Tazmara, Marius and Jessica drag the boat ashore, Hewitt has enough time to perform whatever ritual he was performing. Laurelata keeps watch, but sees nothing untoward until suddenly an obviously extraplanar black wolf appears next to Hewitt. It seems partially on fire and smoke comes out of its fur now and again, but it does not appear to be threatening anyone just yet and Hewitt seems not the least surprised. After the wolf is properly introduced, the next business seems to be getting the canoe onshore. This probably could be done with a grappling hook attached to a rope, but to prevent quite possible damage to canoe, Taz instead takes rope and dives in. She is trying to tie the rope to the canoe when a small crab-like claw appears from under it, trying to grab her. Soon after, before Tazmara could react to the surprise, a second claw appears and the claws both attempt to grab Tazmara's hand. One succeeds at pinching one of her fingers quite painfully for 1 damage.

Spoiler
    Show
    I assume Hewitt introduces his eidolon and/or addresses Marius' questions before Tazmara goes diving.

Something stealth: (1d20+13)[26]
    Tazmara perception: (1d20+5)[9]

Something init: (1d20+5)[22]
    Tazmara init: (1d20+2)[4]

Something claw: (1d20+3)[13] for (1d3-2)[0]
    Something claw: (1d20+3)[14] for (1d3-2)[0]
    Something claw: (1d20+3)[20] for (1d3-2)[0]

Assume the depth is 5 feet at the site of the action.

=> Tazmara (and then, possibly, everybody else)
    Hewitt commands Lightburn to go and assist Tazmara. Lightburn reacts as quickly as possible to show its own capabilities to the rest and prove himself a valuable asset. Fighting in the water was a specialty of his, afterall.

Show

Lightburn has a speed of 40 both on earth and on water.
    Lightburn will attack the creature grabbing Tazmara by biting it.
    Bite: (1d20+3)[7] Damage (1d6+2)[8]

Lightburn Outsider Eidolon 1 NG HP 11 / 11 Speed 40 ft Init 2 AC 12 Fort 3 Ref 4 Will 2 CMB +3 BAB 1 Bite 3 (1d6+2, x2) Str 14 (2) Dex 14 (2) Con 13 (1) Wis 10 (0) Int 7 (-2) Cha 11 (0)
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

The dwarf was staying quite long under water, much longer than Laurelata herself could do, but with the others near her, she decided to stay on guard against other things that could attack them. It wasn't because all attacks had come from under water so far, that there couldn't be any others.
    "Maybe we can already go and have a look at the village itself," she suggested, "with a few of us."

Spoiler: actions and rolls
    Show

I keep watching for other problems, trusting the others to call when they need my help.
    perception roll: (1d20+7)[11]

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Jessica starts suddenly- she hadn't noticed Tazmara being attacked initially. She follows out back to the little dock, gripping her glaive nervously. When the odd wolf leaps into the ocean, it doesn't help visibility, but it looks like the Dwarf is handling herself alright. For the moment, she waits on the dock, just a few feet above her companion, unsure how best to help.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Marius draws his weapon and charges the crab. Why don'tcha pick on someone..uh the ranger stammers double your size, eh? he tries to protect Tazmara, blocking any additional attacks while slashing the creature himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack (1d20+4)[14]
    Spoiler: Crit?
    Show
    (1d20+4)[22]

Damage: (1d8+3)[7]If Tazmara is attacked, using AoO to improve her AC by +2 via the aid another action/Bodyguard feat:
    Spoiler: Bodyguard?
    Show
    (1d20+4)[20]

Miss chance (3d100)[39][32][70](141) (each result giving percentage for any attack)
    Last edited by Spore; 2020-02-28 at 04:12 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Tazmara swings her heavy pick under the canoe. She clearly hits something, but the canoe prevents her from observing the effect other than the dissapearance of both claws. The wolf and the man jump into the water to join the fight, but achieve nothing but raising some mud from the bottom.

Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone, including the "crab", has cover from the upside-down canoe. Unless you do something about it, only three of you (e.g. those already in the water) can fight the "crab" at the same time. Funny thing that a longsword has -2 to hit underwater and deals only half damage, as do other slashing and bludgeoning weapons, but the pick, also a swung weapon, has no penalty, because it deals piercing damage and damage type is what Pathfinder uses to differentiate. I think I won't houserule anything here, so just making you know.

=> Party

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"What do you have there," Laurelata shouted when she saw a number of people do something in the water, "don't punch holes in the Canoe if you can. We might need it."

She kept her guard up towards the land for now, glancing some quick peeks at the water, but nothing more.

Spoiler: OOC perception
    Show

(1d20+7)[27]

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Taz waves her hand in front of Marius's face to get his attention, points to herself, then motions a lifting action. She then points to Marius, then to his weapon, then to where the crab was. She then moves to the tip of the canoe, shoves the tip of the pick under the canoe to avoid getting her fingers pinched again, and lifts up - hoping to give Marius an attack window, and maybe flip the canoe.

Show
    Adjusted bouyancy has her solidly on the ground, so she should have firm footing for the lift

Free: Communicate (maybe not really that short, but we aren't actively being attacked)
    Move: Position self at tip of boat
    Standard: Lift boat with pick (if strength check needed) (1d20+1)[5]

Rounds of breath remaining before drowing: 31/38.

Show
    Tazmara Stonesong
    F NG Dwarf Kineticist (Aquakineticist), Level 1, Init 2, HP 13/13, NL 1, Speed 20
    Burn 0/7

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Lightburn seems annoyed about the taste of salt water in its mouth after the failed attempt to attack. Hewitt could only instruct him to keep the attack going. Since no attack was made, he assumed that at the very least, they had the upperhand.

Show

Readied action
    Attack the crabs? the moment he sees them.
    Attack: (1d20+3)[10] Damage (1d6+2)[6]

Lightburn Outsider Eidolon 1 NG HP 11 / 11 Speed 40 ft Init 2 AC 12 Fort 3 Ref 4 Will 2 CMB +3 BAB 1 Bite 3 (1d6+2, x2) Str 14 (2) Dex 14 (2) Con 13 (1) Wis 10 (0) Int 7 (-2) Cha 11 (0)
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

It seemed like her companions had the matter pretty firmly handled, and Jessica couldn't see any vantage point from which to actually be helpful, anyway. Rather than jump in the ocean for fun, she keeps her position on the shore and a keen eye out for anyone-friendly or otherwise.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Marius looks at Taz, tries to nod, but decides against it. The salt water burns in his eyes. He shifts his posture to get a better hit in. Not only that but he shifts over so his friends have a better attack.

Spoiler: Eagle Knight's Fervor
    Show
    Freebooter’s Bane (Ex): At 1st level, the freebooter can, as a move action, indicate an enemy in combat and rally her allies to focus on that target. The freebooter and her allies gain a +1 bonus on weapon attack and damage rolls against the target. This ability applies only to allies who can see or hear the freebooter and who are within 30 feet of the freebooter at the time she activates this ability.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

Laurelata stands guard. She thinks she saw some movement in the window of the building to the right of the path, but she is not sure and there seems to be no more movement as she continues looking at it. Tazmara lifts the canoe revealing something not very crab-like with crab-like claws.

Lightburn tries to attack it, but only raises some more mud from the bottom. Marius seems to hit with the sword, but there is no blood in the water. The tiny creature starts to wave its claws in strange ways and emits strange noises. Lightburn tries to bite it again, this time successfully, but this does not prevent the creature from completing the spell. Those nearby suddenly feel drowsy, but, except for Marius, able to overcome the spell.

Spoiler: Know: nature 11
    Show
    Some type of aquatic fey?
    Spoiler: 16 or more
    Show
    Seems to be a fuath, evil gremlin with dislike of sunlight.
    Spoiler: Spellcraft 16
    Show
    Casts sleep.
    Spoiler
    Show
    @Spore remember -2 to hit and half damage with the sword underwater.

Lightburn AoO: (1d20+3)[23] for (1d6+2)[4]
    Lightburn confirm: (1d20+3)[10] for (1d6+2)[8]

Tazmara will: (1d20+1)[10]
    Marius will: (1d20+2)[4] - fell asleep
    Lightburn will: (1d20+2)[20]
    Hewitt will: (1d20+2)[10]

Tazmara is holding the canoe up. Marius drops the sword and is asleep under the water.

=> Party
    Last edited by u-b; 2020-03-01 at 11:52 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

With nothing much happening on shore, Jessica's attention is mostly given to the party under the surface. Things seem to be going well; Tazmara has raised the canoe to both make progress towards the initial purpose and remove the cover of whatever they're fighting. However, when Marius suddenly stops moving, something seems very wrong. It takes Jessica only a few heartbeats to decide to act, though she's not really certain how to do it best. She jumps in, behind Marius and scrambles to get ahold of his jerkin. Pulling as hard as she can manage with ungraceful urgency, she kicks against anything but him to try and make progress towards the gentle shoreline.

Show
    Not sure how best to use actions in this context. I figure at least one move action to jump in, with the probability of an associated swim check: (1d20+2)[13]. If it takes two moves, or two checks: (1d20+2)[16]. If it takes a standard action to "start a grapple" with Marius before being able to take the reposition maneuver, so be it. If not, she'll start repositioning him towards the surface/shoreline.

*I* have lifeguard training, so I know how to grip an unconscious swimmer and bring them to the surface, keeping them face up above the water. Jessica, however, does not- and I'm not sure how reasonable it is to act as if she does. Still, the premise of "don't let him drown" is fairly straightforward, so she's gonna try.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Hewitt raises his eyebrow as he watches the strange creature that was just revealed. "The local fauna certainly knows how to leave a first impression." Hewitt jokes. Still, he was starting to wonder if both encounters with the sea creatures were related with the seemingly desolated settlement. Hewitt decided to wait until the creature was taken care of before bringing up the sbject. Meanwhile, Lightburn continued its assault against the sea creature.

Show

Bite: (1d20+3)[21] (1d6+2)[8]

or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores: