New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Ruins of Azlant IC

"Firewood?" asks Henri of the men on guard after dropping off the boar inside the walls. At their directions he stoically carries them back to the slaughtered animal and his new companions. Once the fire is going and folks begin to ask about he shrugs and nods. "Probably lots more boars - we saw another adult and some piglets," he answers. "Good hunting out there."

When meals come into the discussion he shares freely with the hungry colonists while saving anything that doesn't get immediately eaten and turning it into jerky. "Yum..."

Spoiler: Specifics
    Show
    If the other PCs want to charge for meals, Henri won't argue, but he doesn't insist people pay for the food. He would be especially generous to any children and folks who look to have had a rough time of things. Once the 52 meals are done, he would ensure all the PCs get some too and probably eat a double helping personally. That leaves 21 units of jerky, by my count. He would share those with the PCs, keeping four for himself.

Does that sound good to everyone?

2. - Top - End - #782
    Titan in the Playground

"Wow, a whole boar!?"Jessica cries, surprised and impressed by the party that ventured into the wilds. She doesn't try to stake any claim on the meal, having done nothing to procure it.

She does, however, gladly lend her help to hauling the firewood. Simple biomechanics quickly force her to carry smaller loads than Henri, but nonetheless, her attitude and work ethic are contagious and help to get the job done. When the meat is cooked and distributed, she has worked up an appetite and is grateful for the farmers' offerings.

She gladly pays the 1 silver to have a fresh-cooked meal for the first time in weeks, and goes out of her way to bombard the colonists with encouragement and happy thoughts. "An auspicious start to the second wave, surely!" she exclaims with fervor. "With hunters, farmer, and guards we'll eat well in relative safety in no time!"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Not a whole lot mechanically going on, just trying to spread good vibes and encouragement. I'm assuming the others would "sell" a portion to Jessica, though to be honest I'm not quite clear on exactly where the math comes down.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Laurelata will start with the stew and as soon as that's going, she will help with the smoking of the rest.
    "Yeah, it's good hunting," she said, "but if we're going to do this again, we're going to need some boar spears. It's a lot easier with the right equipment. Oh yeah, we found a path that leads on. We didn't follow it today, but one of these days I think we should. But with the whole group."
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

4. - Top - End - #784
    Troll in the Playground

"I am just glad the beast centered their atentin on the rest. I dont think I would have enjoyed a direct confrontration with it." Hewitt sighs in relief. "So, how did things turn out on your side? I hope you all had as a productive day as ours did." Hewitt decides to ask the rest of the group curious about what they had decided to do.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ettin in the Playground

You cook, eat and chat for the rest of the day. The jerky in particular takes a long time to cook. A lightly wounded Marius with some wounded soldiers appears and announces they've cleared every ankheg-hole in sight. They would benefit from some healing and then take part in the feast. Some time after most of the people disperse and turn back to their own business you are approached by Harcourt Carrolby. He says he would pay 4 gold pieces per a live piglet, up to 12 piglets. Or just 4 gold for exact directions to where you've seen them if you don't want to get them yourselvrs.

DAY 2 AFTER LANDING

Early morning Jessica is approached by Eamon Caranth and Kurvis Nurpico, two other clerics of the expedition. They sey they have checked the chapel yesterday and have confirmed the presence of an incorporeal undead. They plan to take it down today, by coordinated channeling of divine energy. They ask if Jessica would be willing to take part.

Spoiler
    Show
    Feel free to chat, then its tomorrow.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Laurelata would ask Harcourt why he wanted the piglets, as catching them would be more tricky then killing them. Not that she didn't want to do it, but she wanted to know why.

"You need assistance, Jessica," Laurelata asked, "taking care of that undead shouldn't take too long. We can have a look at those piglets later. That will most probably be an overnight journey anyway."

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ettin in the Playground

The response of Harcourt is that he would start a pig farm in addition to a goat farm. He says he'd actually like to breed horses, but this island does not seem a good place to ride horseback and a pair of horses would have occupied too much precious space to justify transporting given their marginal demand.

8. - Top - End - #788

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    Some time after most of the people disperse and turn back to their own business you are approached by Harcourt Carrolby. He says he would pay 4 gold pieces per a live piglet, up to 12 piglets. Or just 4 gold for exact directions to where you've seen them if you don't want to get them yourselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    The response of Harcourt is that he would start a pig farm in addition to a goat farm.
    Henri listens to the conversation with Laurelata and Harcourt silently before making eye contact with Laurelata. With a nod he silently confirms that he will help with the capture of the piglets. "We will need to kill the other adult. The piglets are young enough to be tamed. I'll lead the hunt if you get more to help," he says to her once Harcourt has left. "Maybe the pretty cleric you worked with will help? Who else?"

9. - Top - End - #789
    Troll in the Playground

Hewitt joins in the conversation. "I couldnt help but hear the conversation. I would love to assist on the matter." Hewitt wants to know what is behind the ghost warded temple. "I can probably help ward against the creature. I know a couple of spells that might be of use." Hewitt remained silent on the subject of the piglets hoping to be invited when the time came.
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

10. - Top - End - #790
    Titan in the Playground

Jessica eagerly uses her last remaining channels to heal Marius and his troupe of guardsmen. "Oh, I'm so glad to hear it! I wish you had told me before, I'd have gone with you!"

The next day, with the priests, Jessica is eager to help. She nods, her abundant energy warring with her fear of the incorporeal. "Of course I'll help! I'd just wish-"
    Quote Originally Posted by DaOldeWolf View Post
    "I couldnt help but hear the conversation. I would love to assist on the matter." Hewitt wants to know what is behind the ghost warded temple. "I can probably help ward against the creature. I know a couple of spells that might be of use."
    Jessica beams at the shorter fellow. "Wonderful!" she exclaims. "That's just what I was hoping!"

She turns back to the other clerics. "We verified that the.. uh presence seems attached to the chapel, so in the worst case, as long as we can get out, we should be alright." She frowns thoughtfully for a few moments. "Maybe we can have a few of the guard on standby to help, just in case?"

11. - Top - End - #791
    Ettin in the Playground

Having some guards on stand-by probably would not hurt, but regarding the ability of the would-be exorcists to get out, Kurvis says it should not be relevant as the plan is to never get in. The chapel is not very large, so if the three clerics take cover outside next to the windows and the doorway, they would cover all of it (and the centrall part three times over). The worst thing that could be expected to happen is for someone to be knocked out by some thrown furniture or just bodily thrown. In both cases, quickly dragging the victim away should not be problematic.
    Last edited by u-b; 2021-01-18 at 12:07 PM.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Laurelata would stand where the priests told her to be and she would follow their lead. They knew what they were doing (or at least, she knew she didn't), so she would do what needed to be done as they called it.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Troll in the Playground

Hewitt follows Laurelata and casts the spell on her as soon as they arrive on the chapel. He remembers the last encounter and how the celestial dog was thrown out last time. "Take good care. I will stay outside since I dont really have any offensive measures to assist against the "ghost". "

Show

Casting protection against evil on Laurelata.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

14. - Top - End - #794
    Titan in the Playground

As the other two clerics explain their plan, Jessica looks a little sheepish. "I suppose that would work just fine, wouldn't it?" She gladly goes through with her part, and joins them in the morning- prepared to unleash the power of the gods against the geist.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Ettin in the Playground

Eamon and Kurvis cast some protective spells and then the four of you start to approach the building. You fail to approach unnoticed. The only good thing about your approach was that it was done from the side featuring neither the door nor the window. By the time Kurvis and Eamon peek into the opposing windows with their holy symbols in hand, Jessica, who was designated to have the longest route, already snuck around the building into position near the door. The poltergeist also seemed to be more than ready. A bench slammed hard across the window where Kurvis was positioned. The man did not flinch. The three clerics channel divine energy. You did not see any immediate effect. Another bench hit across the doorway. Apparently, the postergeist did not get the notion of throwing the benches lenghtwise. The three clerics channel divine energy again. The already badly damaged statue of Talmandor exits the building through the front door between Laurelata and Jessica. The three clerics channel divine energy again. And again. But there is only silence inside the chapel now. You stop.

Spoiler
    Show
    Eamon stealth (1d20+1)[2]
    Kurvis stealth (1d20-3)[15]
    Poltergeist perception (1d20+9)[26]
    Eamon init (1d20+2)[14]
    Kurvis init (1d20-1)[13]
    Poltergeist init (1d20+1)[18]

Poltergeist bench (1d20+3)[11] for (3d6)[14] vs (1d2)[2] (E/K)
    Eamon channel (2d6)[11] or will (1d20+4)[24] vs 12 half
    Kurvis channel (2d6)[2] or will (1d20+4)[17] vs 13 half
    Jessica channel (1d6)[4] or will (1d20+4)[12] vs 14 half

Poltergeist bench (1d20+3)[7] for (3d6)[7] vs (1d3)[3] (E/K/J)
    Eamon channel (2d6)[11] or will (1d20+4)[17] vs 12 half
    Kurvis channel (2d6)[12] or will (1d20+4)[21] vs 13 half
    Jessica channel (1d6)[5] or will (1d20+4)[12] vs 14 half

Poltergeist statue (1d20+3)[9] for (3d6)[6] vs (1d3)[3] (E/K/J)
    Eamon channel (2d6)[4] or will (1d20+4)[10] vs 12 half
    Kurvis channel (2d6)[6] or will (1d20+4)[9] vs 13 half
    Jessica channel (1d6)[3] or will (1d20+4)[5] vs 14 half

(you also did one more channel to be sure; that's four channels everyone)

16. - Top - End - #796
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Is it gone," Laurelata asked as she picked up the statue of Talmandor and looked at it to see how badly damaged it was. If the clerics declare it safe, she would go in and put the statue back where it belonged and to cast a detect magic in the chapel to make sure everything was okay.

17. - Top - End - #797
    Titan in the Playground

Jessica peeks through the doorway, eyes twinkling. "I think so!" she calls, hopefully. She glances back and eyes her colleague clerics. "I'll cover you, Laurelata." She takes her glaive in hand, and prepares to follow her friend into the chapel.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Ettin in the Playground

The statue of Talmandor is beyond repair. The face and the torso have not been noticiably damaged, but one arm is broken off and the wings are outright shattered. Hopefully, someone would be able to make a new one, maybe using the destroyed one for inspiration. The wood here is plentful, so the only thing needed is an artist and craftsman, which might or might not be among the second wave of colonists, you have no idea. Inside of the chapel is in marginally greater disarray than when you have last visited it, but not by much. The magical bow still hangs on the wall, undisturbed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll know (arcana) and/or Spellcraft if you examine the bow.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Interesting," Laurelata said, "a magical bow. Let's see what it is?"
    She took the bow and examined it.

Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show

Spellcraft it is: (1d20+4)[7]

20. - Top - End - #800
    Troll in the Playground

"I am glad its finally over." Hewitt sighs in relief after hearing that the invisible creature was finally defeated. "Laurelata, do you require further assistance?" Hewitt asks.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

21. - Top - End - #801
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Can you have a look at this bow," Laurelata asked, "I know it's magical, but I can't really tell what it does. Well, apart from being a bow of course."

22. - Top - End - #802
    Troll in the Playground

Hewitt inspects the bow carefully. He casts his detect magic spell ready to begin an evaluation. Hopefully, he would be able to find more about it. "No problem. I am glad to be of assistance."

Show

Casting detect magic to analyze the bow.
    Rolling Knowledge Arcana: (1d20+5)[17]
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ettin in the Playground

You can see three tightly intertwined magic auras emanating from the bow. Hewitt is somewhat surprised to find that all of them are evocation: two faint ones and a moderate one, but all looking very different from each other. A proper analysis is required to tell what exactly they are.

24. - Top - End - #804
    Troll in the Playground

"It seems like we are dealing with at least three different evocation related capabilities." Hewitt´s ears twitch a little as he examines the bow. He was impressed by the curious object and wondered about its true nature. "I wish I could give a more in depth analysis but this is the limit of my knowledge." He then returns the bow back to Laurelata.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

25. - Top - End - #805
    Ettin in the Playground

"May I?" says Eamon, inviting Laurelata to hand him the bow. If she does so...

Spoiler
    Show
    Eamon takes some time examining the magic. "Well, one aura is simple. It is a magical weapon, and does shine as such. Another aura... well it's not so perfectly clear, but I think I recognize it. This bow is made to be usable as a holy symbol of Erastil. As for the strongest aura, I admit, I have no idea."

Spoiler
    Show
    +1 something reliquary composite longbow (+1 str)

26. - Top - End - #806
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Laurelata handed over the bow without problem.
    "Interesting," she said, "I could try to fire some arrows with it to see what it does. Well, good to get rid of the ghost, up to the forest again."

Before going pig hunting, she would check if they had any boar spears in the inventory, as those would be best to go hunting boar, as the name suggested.

27. - Top - End - #807

NecromancerGuy

Henri watches the exorcism with curious interest but content to stay clear of the violence and magic. When it looks like everything is over he approaches silently, listening to everyone discuss the magic bow and the now safe space. "Is it safe now?" he asks Jessica quietly, not intending to scare her but approaching more quietly than a man of his size usually would. "Would you come hunt with us?"

28. - Top - End - #808
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, you want me on a hunt?" Jessica asks, openly surprised. As it becomes apparent that they don't necessarily expect it to be painless, she understands better and consents. "Well of course I'll go help patch people back up." She swallows, clearly a little concerned. "You better keep the boars away from me, though! I don't... think I'd fare well, there."

29. - Top - End - #809
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"That's why we will bring these spears," Laurelata said, "if a boar attacks, you can brace the spear to impale it."

As soon as everybody was ready, they could move out to the location they had found the boars the day before.

30. - Top - End - #810
    Titan in the Playground

Jessica nods, eyeing the length of wood that makes the spear shaft warily. "I- I'll try. That still looks closer to angry tusks than I really would like to be..."