New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: 3.P - Real Life. 1,000,000 gp. Magic and Psionic Items. GO!

Heal 1/day? Pfft. See my previous post about Platform of Healing.

To recap, it's Heal an unlimited number of times per day for 30,000 gp. It's from Stronghold Builders Guide, page 81.

Actually, that book is a treasure trove of world-changing magic items.

Item Effect Activation Cost
    Bed of Regeneration Regenerate lay on it for 2d10+3 rounds 91,000 gp
    Bed of Wellness (Remove Curse) Remove Curse lay on it for 3 rounds 15,000 gp
    Bier of Resurrection Resurrection put corpse and 500-gp diamond on it 44,500 gp
    Platform of Healing Heal step onto it 30,000 gp

Sadly, I haven't been able to find an item that gives unlimited Break Enchantment.

But since this thread is focused on the real world, there shouldn't be many enchantments to break. Or curses to lift, for that matter. And bringing the dead back to life, but only if they're rich, is a can of worms I wouldn't want to open in the real world. So, as I said before, Beds of Regeneration and Platforms of Healing seem like the way to go.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

A little late to the party, but I have not had a 3.5 game since last year.

I think there are a couple of notable techniques that can help with price reductions and interesting items. Maat Mons already mentioned some of the items from the Stronghold builder’s guide, but there is also wondrous architecture. You can have a spell placed on a stronghold component (20x20x10 feet) that is immovable for Spell Level X Caster Level X 500gp. The effect is constant and is considerable cheaper than the 2000gp X multiplier for spell duration on constant spell effects. Very useful for utility spells.

Additionally there are the rune circles in races of the stone. This takes it a step further because you can convert any magic item into an immovable rune circle. If you make a 5 foot diameter circle, it costs 1/8 the price. Again very useful for utility spells. Make a workshop with cheap fabricate, make whole, etc.. You can freely mix these effects with an Acorn of Far travel if you need something on the go.

Revealers Magic Vestments: 178,250gp Torso and Shoulder Slot

Spoiler
    Show
    -Starmantle Cloak, Cloak of Protection +5, Shiftweave x10, Handy Haversac Pockets, Prestidigitation (at will), Mending (At Will), Glamour Costume (At Will), Endure Elements (Constant), Shadowsilk Material

Basically have any outfit you need clean, undamaged, and with lots of pocket space. Glamour costume lets you further modify you and your outfit’s appearance. Shadowsilk also adds some flare and reduces the overall weight of the outfit. Immunity to normal weapons are an added bonus. I took liberty with having the equivalent of 10 shiftweaves (50 outfits), but less would also work with glamour costume

Acorn Ring of Vitality: 184,395gp Ring Slot

Spoiler
    Show
    Kissed by the ages, Ring of Regeneration, Heal L6, Remove Disease L3, Remove Blindness Deafness L3, Ring of Substance, Ring of Arming, Acorn of Far Travel (Constant), glassteel material

Kissed by the ages stops you from aging. It destroys a magic enchantment worth 4,000gp when cast which can never be restored. But there is nothing preventing you from placing different enchantments on the ring afterwards. The ring is also mostly indestructible. The low spell caster levels on the 1 per day spells are using Ur-Priest tricks. You could weapon graft this item if you are paranoid (fiend folio and another poison ring) to make it non-magical. I think you could restore full hand function a gloves of man tattoo.

Ring of Solar 159,646gp Ring & Weapon Slot

Spoiler
    Show
    Solar Ring, Improved flight feat, Fly like an Arrow Extended L7, Rapid Wraith Unique weapon in poison ring form, Glassteel Construction

There are cheaper ways to fly, but this gives you a speed of 150 improved to perfect maneuverability. Rapid Wraith doubles you speed, and when you need that extra boost Fly like an arrow can multiply that further by 10 for long flights. 342 MPH at top speed, bring your googles. When you don’t want giant wings, store the weapon in your ring of arming. I am sure you can find other interesting feats to add to gear.

Ankh Tattoo: 65,000gp Throat slot
    Spoiler
    Show

Perpiat of health, Necklace of Adaptation, Plane Shift Greater L8, Aging Touch (3 Time a day, reversed)

Basically stuff we don’t want to ever loose. Plane shift is to get to our demi plane. Aging Touch is pretty amazing when we dip into pathfinder. Aging touch is an instaneous spell that pushes a target up an age category. Pathfinder has costs for cursed items, including reverse effect at 50% normal cost. Now you have spell that makes targets younger and with 3 uses we can push someone from venerable all the way back to adulthood. Now just this part of the item is cursed, it can be moved to another open slot if you are worried about the curse effecting other aspects of the tattoo.

Kaltec Shotgun of Force 21,000gp Weapon

Spoiler
    Show
    +1 Force Weapon (+2) with Everbright and Lesser Crystal of Return

More liberties, but why not bring a modern weapon to be enchanted assuming it counts as master worked. The Kaltec shot gun has two loads so you can switch between shot and slug. It never runs out of ammo and you can shoot ghosts. Everbright to avoid rust and the crystal of return for fast draw and easy return to you hand if dropped. Another item to keep in you ring of arming. Not a gun guy, but could not help with Army of Darkness and Hobo with a Shotgun references.

Hermit Hut 383,832gp

Spoiler
    Show
    Too much to include everything, but basically a stronghold in a pocket realm via genesis. Numerous rune circles of utility exist here such as Gate Key (Epic Item), Mages Mansion, True creation-Fabricate-Make Whole-Skill bonus spells, and my secret circle of power underneath a floating Oak Tree. The tree room also bestows a Holy Transformation followed with an Altered Self. All the goodies of the Archon subtype (unlimited teleport) with the physical appearance of an Aasimar. As fun as shapechange/polymorph would be, not sure what my actual HD would be so you might not get all the mileage. Also multiple Effegies with the Sacred Guardian Template.

The question would be how the 100gp 1x Day True Creation spell would work. 2lb of gold would be about $48,000 USD. You could make all kinds of stuff, but worse case you could just make 2lb gold ingots if you were not allowed to make items based on the 48K USD.

Enough gold left over for about $3.7 million USD. Kind of long and I will keep tinkering, but again I am without a game currently.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok, so an Epic StP Erudite/Mind Mage Illumian who spent some time with a counterspell happy Spellhoarding Dragon made my items.

Every cantrip and orison in existence at will as Circle Magic Sanctum Earth Magic Improved Sigil Krau spells Mind Magically reduced and then countered by the dragon for learning afterward. That puts them at costing 2000*(-23)*40= -1,840,000 per cantrip and orison. If that is vetoed, Whispering Way Sanctum cantrips drawn from a Spell Pool to specify their level instead of leaving it to DM interpretation as how low a Whispering Way spell goes. That would still put them at 2000*(-3)*40= -240000. Sanctum may be considered a cost reduction feat, but the others are not and so are, currently, allowed by the rules.

To the actual items.

One time use item of permanent application of Sculpt Self similar to the Epic Skill Focus tomes. 20,000gp
    Nipple Clamps of Exquisite Pain 8,000gp. 5' Rune Circle Spell Trap of Distilled Joy and Liquid Pain, 17,675gp. Rune Circle Spell Trap of Symbol of Pain 15,750gp

Total to have any feats and spells I want at will. 161,425gp

As to what I would actually go for, probably Spheres of Power magic mostly. Without levels I can't get much of a caster level. So let's see, Magic Tattoo for a +3 since it is untyped CL bonus. Reserves of Strength and Elder Giant Magic, don't really care too much that it is longer casting time if I have magic. That gets me to a CL 9 for casting. D&D trait for +1 illusion CL. Dark Metamorphosis, Planar Bauble, Shadow Weave Magic, Enhanced Shadow Reality and Solid Shadows. SoP magic focused mostly on Illusion, Warp and Dark(mostly for the extra space and shadow walk), and Creation(limited to Shadowstuff) with a dip for decent Protection Barriers, Telekinesis for Tactile Illusions and Mind just for Dreamspace and Implausible Deniability. Catalogs of Enlightenment for 3.5 Artifice and Craft Domains so I can reach that delicious permanent creation as a CL 12. Be sure to take Surreinforcement as well because I want to be able to make a massive variety of materials and all of the Surreal feats. Spell Dabbler and Adept for PF and 3.5 Shadow spells, bestow and remove curse, and status removal effects, and Attune Gem or whatever that dragon's spell version of it is. Oh frell, Wyrms of the North is gone now isn't it? I can't remember the spell name.

After that I would try for a way to get rid of the Ambrosia and Agony creation, not permanently, but try and make it exceptionally difficult for me to get it back. So if something goes south and I need more XP, I can go get it, but not just have it on tap for infinite power. Super shadow magic is enough already, but unforeseen circumstances might need me to take up the mantle again for more power. Maybe something as simple as putting them at far corners of the world so I would have to burn all my magic to Shadow Walk/Teleport to one of the 3 items needed in a day.

From there, Imbue with Spell Ability to help with the Covid situation. Sanctum Remove Desease from the Healer list can be granted to everyone within an Ocular Ray Burst Widen 60ft radius 4/day. Throw on Sanctum to double that to 8/day, War spell to go up to 12/day, Mind Mage StP learning for lvl 0/1/2(no ability to cast lower with Spell Adept) to bump that to 24/day. Because of the limitations of Ray Burst, probably wouldn't hit more than like 5 people per cast in a hospital setting,but still 100ish people a day, a lot more if you can target higher traffic areas or somehow make it a spread. Wouldn't be game changing but it would certainly be helpful. The bestow and remove curse is for the obvious curse abuse, but mainly want it to help a friend from high school who can't afford to transition, one minute cast and boom, they become fully physically a woman for all time.

It might seem heartless not to go all out with a cure, but I don't want that much power. If I had the power of self-replicating spell clocks of remove disease, I could and probably would do the same with curse or similar against people I disagree with. Small scale magic is enough for me and what I listed would probably still be a bit much and go to my head, but the creative potential of 100% real shadows that mimic a myriad of materials is too awesome to pass up. Shadow Magic can give me the Nature and Weather abilities I would want on occasion and might even skip the actual Protection sphere to have them mimicked in shadow most of the time instead.

Would be making my own little worlds of exotic plants and animals with my warp rooms. Can't make proper dragons, but a normal egg is not the hardness of wood. Eggs, even live ones, are counted as objects. So Surienforcement Create Materials for a fertile, ready to hatch, Drakkensteed eggs or similar. Same with plant seeds for the elemental plants, namely the water lotus to make my home in the deserts of the southwest USA, near Big Bend is nice and fairly cheap. Sandstone and Forge Earth for the basics of the house, would have a massive cave with my shadow monsters in there. Hard Light to light the place. Would be so much fun carving those caves. Love it in Minecraft, can't imagine how giddy I would be irl.
    Last edited by Ruethgar; 2020-04-01 at 09:45 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

1 Girdle of Opposite Gender, and put everything else in a savings account... Then just open a sex-change service and make more money...

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Platform of Healing and Bed of Regeneration for sure, with a Teleport square attached.

Circlet of Knowledge (Local, Nature, Religion, Architecture and Engineering, Nobility and Royalty) +30 and Diplomacy +30 since I probably have Education.

Continuous Tongues

Decanter of Endless Water for the remainder
    Vincent Omnia Veritas
    Bandwagon Leader of the Hinjo Fanclub

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't want for much in this life. I'll just take an at will item of polymorph any object, and the rest as cash.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

I was trying to do some math on the Platform of Healing. According to a study I found on emergency exits, the rate at which you can get people through a space is between 2 and 3 people/second for each meter of width. So each Platform can cure more than 500,000 people of disease each day... if you can manage the logistics of herding them all in a continuous stream.