New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: BSF: Red Sun Rising(IC)

Cassius Mortain

”Elakas, can you come look at this? I see some drag marks over here, but I am not sure there’s enough for me to follow well. Maybe you see some signs I missed?” While the elf checks for other indications of where the girl might have been taken, Cassius returns to the wagons and the bodies. He moves them from the road, laying them in the brush by the roadside and draping their cloaks over them. ”It won’t do for a proper burial... but time for that later. We do what we can for the living, then the dead.”

He smiles and nods when Bran points out his sword. “Yes, I do.” He crouches down and draws the blade, holding it out for Bran to see. “My great-grandfather commissioned this sword. It has seen many battles. Since I was old enough to train with a proper blade, this is the one I used. My father let me take it when I set off. Careful now, the blade’s sharp.”
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

Most recent update: Chapter 6: Devastation

-----

A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

Most recent update: another look at magic traditions!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Bran Aelfstone

Brans mouth hangs open for a second as he gapes at the sword. "Wow. I've never seen a real one."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Elakas Morkasion

Good catch, Cassius. Let me take a closer look.

Elakas crouches down by the indicated tracks. Thinking deeply on the talk of bandits, he scours the ground for any clues to their past whereabouts.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Change Hunt target to the bandits that attacked this wagon. Then rolling survival on their tracks. [roll](1d20+6)[/roll]

4. - Top - End - #64
    Firbolg in the Playground

When Elakas looks at the sign around him he has no difficulty finding the trail of the bandits. He counts out the different blobs in the muck, declaring them not only boot prints, but ones belonging to different people, five by his count. He notices one pair is significantly heavier than the rest when its leaving and given the rest of the sign leads him to believe that the girl was carried away with no obvious sign of a struggle. There is no evidence that she attempted to flee like her mother did, simply that she was taken from the wagon and carried away.

Despite the rain, Elakas is confident he can follow the trail through the woods...

Spoiler
    Show

Elakas can follow the trail at essentially full speed so long as he has some light, even at half speed without it. He's confident he'd be able to follow the sing half a ten-day from now if he had to.

Spoiler
    Show
    Weather(1d100)[68]

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Elakas Morkasion

Elakas relayed his new insight to the rest of the group.

They went this way with the girl. There are five of them, I'd stake my life on it. She's most likely alive, or they'd have left her here with the parents. Cassius, please bring that light and follow me. I'm sure we can still save her if we hurry.

He waited for the light-bearer and surveyed the wagon once again. So much death and tragedy has already happened this night. What a contrast among civilized people. Three brave and noble souls diving out into the dark and rain with him to save others, with five brutal murderers at the end of this trail. Could any man choose his fate thus, or are some born to bravery with others fated to do wrong?

Elakas shook these thoughts from his head. Surely most are bent toward good. These strangers here with him prove that. Elakas stowed his bow on his back and focused on the ground, intent on following the trail of the kidnappers and rescuing their ill-gotten captive.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Cassius Mortain

Cassius nods, standing back up and re-sheathing his sword. "With any luck, you won't see too many--or at least not many in the hands of folks who intend to do you harm, he says to Bran. "Perhaps I'll show you how to handle one, later on. For now, we've got to move. Lead on, Elakas." Torch in one hand and Firebrand's lead in the other, he follows the elf, keeping an eye out for hostiles around. If either Pip or Bran are having any trouble keeping up, he'll offer to let them ride on Firebrand.
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

-----

7. - Top - End - #67

The Rainy Woods

Elakas sets out, his proficient tracking allowing him to set a pace that no one but Firebrand could follow. Finding little choice, Cassius lends Firebrand's services to Pip and Bran, letting the boy and half man share the beast's back. Even so, Cassius finds himself holding the elf back some as he tracks without breaking stride... at least the rain appears to be letting up...

As the elf weaves through the brush, a sudden drone of flittering wings fills the rainy night. Stirges.

Stirges

Before anyone can react, the Stirges take flight...

Spoiler
    Show

Number of Stirges (3d4)[8]

Each Stirge spends their Surprise Round Action to take flight and start to swarm.

Map May take me a bit to get it fully updated.

Everyone knows Stirges are bloodsuckers the size of your fist. Those who are trained in Nature of Monsters know they tend to swarm upwards of a dozen strong and will perform hit and run tactics until they manage to latch on and drink their fill. A single stirge attack is rarely fatal, though a number of them could drain a man dry.

Last edited by Zman; 2020-03-07 at 08:29 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68

Spoiler
    Show

Iniatiative!
    Cassius 6
    Elakas (1d20+3)[11]
    Bran (1d20+2)[6]
    Pip (1d20+3)[4]

1 Stirge (1d20+5)[20]
    2 Stirge (1d20+5)[13]
    3 Stirge (1d20+5)[16]
    4 Stirge (1d20+5)[19]
    5 Stirge (1d20+5)[24]
    6 Stirge (1d20+5)[19]
    7 Stirge (1d20+5)[10]
    8 Stirge (1d20+5)[22]

Whelp, kind of speechless on that one. Best PC Initiative is an 8, worse enemy is an 8.
    Last edited by Zman; 2020-03-07 at 08:24 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69

Stirges

The stirges swarm, the air is alive with the buzzing of wings... each of them find themselves fending off at least one of them...

With a snort, one finds itself on Firebrand's flank, its probiscus sunk deep...

Yet another is driving hard for the nape of Elakas' neck... but he manages to turn away just enough for the vile insect to narrowly miss...

Spoiler
    Show

Everyone is Flat-footed; Stirges don't trigger AoOs

S1 vs Elakas
    1.0 Move
    2.0 Attack Probiscus (1d20+3)[14] for (1d2)[2] Piercing Damage Hit: 2 Damage reduced to 1HP by HR
    3.0 Move to S23

S2 vs Bran
    1.0 Move
    2.0 Attack Probiscus (1d20+3)[16] for (1d2)[2] Piercing Damage Hit: 2 Damage reduced to 1HP by HR
    3.0 Move to S27

S3 vs Pip
    1.0 Move
    2.0 Attack Probiscus (1d20+3)[5] for (1d2)[2] Piercing Damage Miss
    3.0 Move to O30

S4 vs Cassius
    1.0 Move
    2.0 Attack Probiscus (1d20+3)[17] for (1d2)[1] Piercing Damage Hit: Minimum 1 HP Damage
    3.0 Move to L24

S5 vs Elakas
    1.0 Move
    2.0 Attack Probiscus (1d20+3)[9] for (1d2)[2] Piercing Damage Miss
    3.0 Move to M22

S6 vs Elakas
    1.0 Move
    2.0 Attack Probiscus (1d20+3)[23] for (1d2)[2] Piercing Damage Critical Threat
    3.0 Move to P20

S7 vs Cassius Edit: Happens after Elakas' turn
    1.0 Move
    2.0 Attack Probiscus (1d20+3)[13] for (1d2)[2] Piercing Damage Hit: Minimum 1HP Damage
    3.0 Move to R26

S8 vs Firebrand
    1.0 Move
    2.0 Attack Probiscus (1d20+3)[11] for (1d2)[2] Piercing Damage Hit: 1WP Damage after DR1. Stirge is Latched-On
    3.0 Move to L27 Latched-On to Firebrand, sharing space.

If any Stirges deal Wound damage they will latch on instead of move.

Initiative
    Stirges 1-6,8
    Elakas
    Stirge 7
    Bran, Pip, Cassius

Edit: Ok, Elakas is up, Elakas needs to try and negate the critical. That is a luck save, d20+Luck Ranks vs DC12.(Don't forget your destiny point if you fail, haha). If the save is successful, it is a normal hit and will deal 1HP. If its a failure, Elakas will need to make an Armor Save to see if the Stirge's attack is thwarted by his armor or not. If the armor save is a failure, the stirge will latch on to Elakas.

If a stirge is latched on, the target can attempt Escape combat maneuvers to get rid of them which shouldn't be too bad. A Latched-On Stirge is also flat-footed making them easier to attack.

Last edited by Zman; 2020-03-07 at 10:09 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Elakas Morkasion

Gah, blasted bugs! I should've known you'd plague these woods as well.

Despite having taking a few nips already, Elakas knew exactly how to deal with these pests. With a flash he drew his weapon and got off two quick shots at the suprisingly speedy bugs.

Spoiler: Luck Roll
    Show

(1d20+1)[17]

IFF result successful:

0.5) Quick draw bow and nock an arrow
    1.5) shoot at S6 (1d20+3)[8] for (1d8)[4]
    2) nock an arrow
    3) shoot at S6 if not dead, or at S5 if it is (1d20-1)[17] for (1d8)[7]

IFF result a failure:

Armor save (1d100)[63]

IFF successful: same as above

IFF failure:
    0.5) Draw Dagger
    1.5) Attack S6 (1d20+3)[14] for (1d4)[1]

IFF dead:
    1.5) drop dagger
    2) Quick draw bow and nock arrow
    3) attack S5 (1d20-1)[1] for (1d8)[6]

IFF not dead:
    2.5) attack S6 (1d20-1)[12] for (1d4)[3]

(Will strikethrough everything that doesn't end applying, but can't edit in rolls so this is how I'm going at it. :D

PS, advantage for point-blank shot cancelling out disadvantage for quick draw. )

Look out, friends. Though they may look like mere annoyances, these creatures can turn deadly if we're not careful. Stike with precision!
    Last edited by achesst; 2020-03-07 at 09:47 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71

Elakas manages to avoid the demonic mosquito deftly drawing his bow and knocking an arrow. In one seemless motion he looses the first arrow which misses the difficult target, the second shares the same fate, albeit quite narrowly...

Spoiler
    Show

Success on the Luck Save

Double Miss on the attacks. 18 Def for the Stirges, they only have 1 WP, so if you can hit them, they'll die.

Initiative
    Stirges 1-6,8
    Elakas
    Stirge 7
    Bran, Pip, Cassius

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Cassius Mortain

Cassius shouts as the insects sting at him. Brandishing his torch to fend them off, he draws his blade and prepares to hack away at their assailants. Firebrand begins to kick and buck the creature off, but Cassius calls to him to be still before lining up a careful swing at the stirge.

Show
    Cassius actions:
    0.5: Draw broadsword
    1.0: Step to P26
    2.0: Attack S8: (1d20+2)[13] (you said they auto-die if they get hit, so not bothering to roll damage)
    2.5: Parry

Not equipping the shield since I've got the torch in my off hand, figure the light is important

Firebrand is going to stay as still as possible for Cassius to hack the stirge off. If Pip or Bran wants to get him to move on their turn, they can--as long as they don't try and steal his horse Cassius doesn't mind.

Side note, I have chainmail barding on Firebrand. Not sure if that would make a difference to the damage. Also, I don't have stats for Firebrand--attacks, HP/WP, etc. If he can he'll try and attack any stirges which come close with his hooves.

-----

13. - Top - End - #73

Cassius's command stills his steed and its simple word to smack it with the flat of his blade...

Spoiler
    Show

14 with a +1 from a flank is enough to hit a Flat-footed Stirge. Apologies for forgetting that Firebrand is your AC and has 5 HP and that he has barding. But I think this worded out well enough and is quite cinematic.

Initiative
    Stirges 1-6
    Elakas
    Stirge 7
    Bran, Pip, Cassius

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Felpip Nindlenorn

As rain drops from leaves, Pip surveys the pattering path from a new vantage. Cassius has generously allowed him and Bran to sit atop his mighty horse. And the view from such heights, even into a darkened shroud, stirs in Pip a kind of song of senses. Each element joins and soars and trills, together and apart: the fluid weaving of swift Elakas through the trees, the grounded stamp of Cassius made golden by a torch, the river-roll of Firebrand’s broad back.

He’s day-dreaming in the night, delight now forgotten at not having to jog after his admirably-swift elven friend – for surely he would have had to if not for Cassius' offer.

And so he hears the rustle that just then rises, and sees what’s now swarming around the trees, but he doesn’t really notice.
    Not until a hateful sight comes to pierce his idle thoughts. Right before his eyes. A horrible little thing, sharp-clawed and flesh-winged and hungry. Coming for him!

He nearly falls off Firebrand in shock; mercifully, if inadvertently, dodging its attack. But another of the brutes has burrowed into the horses’ rump.

Cassius’ sword slaps that one away. Firebrand remains bravely still. Elakas arrows are cartwheeling in the distance.

It’s all a blur. At its center though, Pip sees his fleeing foe, wheeling, no doubt, to return. His fingers are snatching for his crossbow without even being told to, and he’s aiming at the whooping thing, until the whistle of a bolt adds his own dark music to the night.

Spoiler: Pip R1
    Show
    0.5 He draws crossbow
    1.5 Aims at Stirge 3
    2.5 Fires

If I’m understand the rules on Aim correctly then Pip gains an advantage on his shot (Firebrand is standing still, so I don’t think Pip needs any special ability to fire from that position. I don’t think aim itself is a feat – only something that enhances it like Sharpshooter?). Anyway, I’ll roll two dice for him. If I’m mistaken, just ignore the second one? I’ll also not role for damage, as the stirges only have 1HP.

(1d20+2)[9]

(1d20+2)[6]

15. - Top - End - #75

Even the most carefully lined up shots can be wasted by a stray branch, and in the woods at night, there are plenty, Pip's shot misses its mark...

Spoiler
    Show

Oof, those rolls!

Initiative
    Stirges 1-6
    Elakas
    Stirge 7
    Bran, Pip, Cassius

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Bran Aelfstone

(Back at carriage)
    Bran's eyes go wider and his jaw drops at Cassius's offer. "Really! Yes! Please!" Cassius gets the feeling that Bran may talk about swords the entire trip...

(Stirge Ambush)
    "Ugly bugs. Neat!" Bran is slow to react, watching the creatures flit around. Sudden pain from the attack brings him back to his senses. "I think pa said to use a torch on things like that?"
    He gathers another flame into his hands, sending pieces of it off into the air. He does not stop to consider how horses may react to this.

Spoiler
    Show
    So, should have gotten 5 PP back from taking a breather before, so at 44/45 PP

Action 1: fire blast (3PP due to rain) vrs. S3, (1d6)[2] fire

Action 2: fire blast (3PP due to rain) vrs. S4, (1d6)[3] fire

Action 2: fire blast (3PP due to rain) vrs. S5, (1d6)[5] fire

Reflex DC 15
    Last edited by stack; 2020-03-09 at 12:11 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77

bolts of fire streak and sizzle through the mist... the first misses, the second as well, but the third is met with a sizzle and thud as the stirge, its wings disintigrated careened into a tree.

Spoiler
    Show

Dex Save (1d20+10)[28] vs DC15 Miss
    Dex Save (1d20+10)[22] vs DC15 Miss
    Dex Save (1d20+10)[11] vs DC15 Hit: Dead

Oh, and I think you meant 1d4+2 for Damage with Firebolt 2s. Reducing Bran's Power 9pts. 36/45

Initiative
    Stirges 1-4, 6
    Elakas
    Stirge 7
    Bran, Pip, Cassius
    Last edited by Zman; 2020-03-09 at 02:00 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78

Round 2
    Stirges

The bloodsucking insects from the abyss continued their relentless swarming...

Spoiler
    Show

S1
    1.0 Move
    2.0 Attack vs Elakas (1d20+3)[12] for (1d2)[1] Piercing Miss
    3.0 Move to L26

S2
    1.0 Move
    2.0 Attack vs Firebrand(1d20+3)[20] for (1d2)[2] Piercing Hit: 1HP
    3.0 Move to M21

S3
    1.0 Move
    2.0 Attack vs Pip(1d20+3)[10] for (1d2)[2] Piercing Miss
    3.0 Move to Q24

S4
    1.0 Move
    2.0 Attack vs Cassius(1d20+3)[22] for (1d2)[1] Piercing Hit: 1HP
    3.0 Move to R29

S6
    1.0 Move
    2.0 Attack vs Elakas (1d20+3)[8] for (1d2)[2] Piercing Miss
    3.0 Move to M29

Initiative
    Stirges 1-4, 6
    Elakas
    Stirge 7
    Bran, Pip, Cassius
    Last edited by Zman; 2020-03-09 at 02:09 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Elakas Morkasion

These infernal bugs just keep coming.

Aim carefully, friends. These annoying pests are surprisingly difficult to hit.

Spoiler: Turn movement
    Show

0.5 nock arrow
    1.5 Aim
    2.5 shoot at S2. (1d20+3)[7] (1d20+3)[21] And, even though 1 hit kills, I wanna know the damage. (1d8)[6] (1d8)[7]
    3.0 nock arrow

20. - Top - End - #80

With a careful shot, Elakas manages to run a stirge through and through, the arrow, easily thrice as long as the Stirge, proving that there is no such thing as overkill...

Stirge

Another stirge, another buzzing attack... but a timely tailflick by Firebrand protects its flank...

Spoiler
    Show

S7
    1.0 Move
    2.0 Attack (1d10)[7](1-2 Elakas, 3-4 Cassius, 5-6 Pip, 7-8 Firebrand, 9-10 Bran)
    (1d20+3)[6] for (1d2)[2] Piercing Damage
    3.0 Move to O30

Initiative
    Stirges 1, 3, 4, 6
    Elakas
    Stirge 7
    Bran, Pip, Cassius

Last edited by Zman; 2020-03-09 at 03:23 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Bran frowns, disappointed in missing two-thirds of his targets. "Aw. Sorry. Rain was in my eyes." He slips to the ground as an ozone smell fills the air. Arcs of electricity leap from his hands, searching for the nearest stirges.
    Spoiler
    Show
    action 1: dismount into N26

Action 2: lightning blast vs S6, 2 PP (reduced to 1 for touching earth) Constitution save vs. (1d4+2)[3] lightning damage

If S6 is up, Action 3: lightning blast vs S6 , 2 PP (reduced to 1 for touching earth) if S6, 4 reduced to 3 if S1 Constitution save DC15 vs. (1d4+2)[6] lightning damage

If S6 is down, Action 3: lightning blast vs S1 (if S6 is down), 4PP reduced to 3, Constitution save DC15 vs. (1d6+2)[4] lightning damage

22. - Top - End - #82

With a flash of light, the crack of thunder, two stirges fall smoldering to the ground...

Spoiler
    Show

Triple Disadvantage (3d20)[4][15][12](31) Need 3 20s to take no damage and survive
    Triple Disadvantage (3d20)[3][14][3](20) Need 3 20s to take no damage and survive

S1 and S6 are dead, many times over

Initiative
    Stirges 3, 4
    Elakas
    Stirge 7
    Bran, Pip, Cassius
    Last edited by Zman; 2020-03-09 at 03:43 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Felpip Nindlenorn

Aim carefully friends. Elakas' words and successful shot fill Pip's thoughts with encouragement.

"It can be done," he whispers to himself, reaching for another crossbow bolt.

Spoiler: R2 Pip
    Show
    1.0 Reload crossbow
    2.0 Aim at Stirge 7
    3.0 Fire

(1d20+2)[19]

(1d20+2)[17]

And because rolling for damage seems lucky ...

(1d6)[6]

(1d6)[4]

24. - Top - End - #84

Another snap from Pip's crossbow, this time it finds its mark skewering the stirge through and through with the small bolt...

Spoiler
    Show

S7 is Dead, nice shooting!

Initiative
    Stirges 3, 4
    Elakas
    Bran, Pip, Cassius

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Cassius Mortain

Firebrand paces uneasily at the bolts of fire and lightning leaping from Bran's hands, but his training holds for now at least and he doesn't bolt off quite yet. Cassius, trusting his faithful companion to keep his nerve a bit longer, steps up to the nearest stirge and attempts to cut it out of the air.

Show
    0.5 Step to P25
    1.5 Attack S3: (1d20+2)[15]
    2.5 Attack S3: (1d20+2)[22]
    3.0: Parry (so basically Cassius gets a 20% miss chance, right?)

-----

26. - Top - End - #86

Cassius' first slash finds nothing but air, but his second is met with the satisfying meaty connection that signifies the end of his enemy. He brings his blade up in time to see the final stirge abandon the party for easier prey...

Spoiler
    Show

And S3 is dead. S4 flies away.

Yes, parry gives you 20% cover in melee, roll a percentile die and if its a success you deflect the attack.

Everyone catches their breath...

and...

Gains a Level!

It is approximately 1am, the rain is letting up, and Elakas estimates you shouldn't have more than an hour left of travel before you'd get to the highest point in the area based upon gathered information. You can press on, rest, take an overnight rest. All up to you.

Last edited by Zman; 2020-03-09 at 09:34 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Bran Aelfstone

Bran picks up the remains of one of the stirges he zapped. His nose wrinkles, then he tosses it away. "Stinks."

He stretches, obviously tired. "How much farther is it?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How long? I need to go to the bathroom. I'm thirsty. Can I have a snack? Are we close?"

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Elakas Morkasion

Elakas stops for a moment and considers the boy. It's been a while since he was tasked to remember another's name. Was it Bran? Better to be noncommittal and just avoid names until certain. Hopefully he won't notice.

Come here a moment, I'll show you. See these depressions in the mud here? With this rain, and this amount of erosion around the edges of the boot mark, they're probably only an hour or two ahead of us. See how later marks tred over it, and the last one makes a deeper impression? Either their rearguard is much heavier than his fellows, or the girl is being carried. And here, this branch along their trail has been snapped. Look at the amount of sap that has leaked out on this cold night. Place your finger around the plant's xylem. See how it's still soft and has barely started healing? We're closing in.

Ealaks points out the signs he's been following. Second nature to a tracker in his element, but subtle enough to be completely missed by someone untrained. Noticing that they've been following a slow incline, he quickens his pace in hopes of reaching a summit. Higher elevations mean better views, and the light of a fire would carry well at night, even in this bleak rain.

Show
    Elakas is going to continue on without rest without even thinking about it. He's focused on saving the girl and is oblivious to the rest of the company's needs right now. If someone stops him, he'll stop with them, but he hasn't considered a need to rest.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Cassius Mortain

Cassius cleans his blade and sheathes it, taking Firebrand's reins and calming the horse down. "You did well, my friend. You were very brave." Firebrand whinnys happily.

As the horse settles down, Cassius comes over to where Elakas is showing Bran the tracks he'd been following. He'd hunted a bit growing up and knew some things to look for, but the sheer amount of information the elf was gleaning from some muddy footprints and broken stems was truly impressive. "We are close, then? Good. With luck, we'll be on them before morning--catch them asleep, if the fates are especially kind." He goes to take Firebrand's reins once more (assuming Bran and Pip will climb back onto the saddle) and sets off after Elakas.

Show
    Cassius, too, is prepared to push on, and probably wouldn't stop to ask the others before setting off.

-----

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Felpip Nindlenorn

How fascinating. Pip watches Elakas sounding the silent words of the countryside to young Bran while Cassius approaches to listen too. Pip would love to hear such things, but all he's aware of now is the hiss of Cassius' torch and a sudden compulsion to stay far from that flame.

He shivers. Old memories, new every day. Or maybe it's just the drop of water that's rolled from a leaf and onto his neck's nape.

At least the rain is dying down. Soon, from Firebrand's back, Pip sees Elakas stepping through the trees again. Bran has returned to his place, and Cassius, reins in hand, is leading them to follow.