New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: BSF: Red Sun Rising(IC)

Cassius Mortain

Cassius once again finds himself winded and on his back, the bear looming menacingly over him. He scrabbles backwards up the stairs with a rather un-knightly crabwalk, getting just out of reach of those raking claws before pushing himself back to his feet and pursuing the retreating bandits, disregarding whether any of his allies are following at the moment.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Actions:
    0.5 Reaction
    1.0 Step to H5 (the bear has 5ft reach, correct?)
    1.5 Stand up
    2.5 Move to G3 (I think that's as far as I can go-- with the stairs counting as difficult and a 25' move speed, and assuming I've got to go all the way to the top of the stairs before heading around. If he can go further he'll head towards A7, which is where the bandits retreated, correct?)
    3.0 Raise shield

If the bear has 10' reach he'll step an extra time and forego the raise shield action
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

Most recent update: Chapter 6: Devastation

-----

A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

Most recent update: another look at magic traditions!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

The boy takes off running, each foot finding only air, but solid as stone, with a leap at the end Bran managed to leap and grab hold of the crumbling ceiling, with a burst of energy he manages to pull himself up and out of the ruins onto the crumbling roof... he can hear the bandits making their way with the unconscious girl up the stairs...

Cassius rolls, just out of reach of the bear's claws before lumbering to his feet and finishing the stairs...

Spoiler
    Show

Bran
    1.0 Move with Airwalk 10'forward, 10' Up
    1.5 Reaction to Grab Ledge(Success on first Climb vs DC10(-))
    2.5 Climb(Success vs DC15(T))

Bran is on the roof, he is currently Unseen, but will be Located and Aware to the ground floor bandits. Those entering the tower will not be Aware of or able to See Brand. If he attacks through the roof at the bandits or bear below, he will give away his position. Not much light up where he is. If someone does target him he'll for sure he Unseen and would benefit from at least Medium(50%) cover from below.

Cassius
    .5 Reaction
    1.5 Roll
    2.0 Stand
    3.0 Move

Initiative
    Elakas, Pip
    BR3, BR4, BK
    Bran, Cassius
    Bear
    Last edited by Zman; 2020-03-26 at 01:44 PM.

3. - Top - End - #153

Bear

The bear, frothing at the mouth, moves to the end of its chain, when stopped it lets out a roar, throwing itself against them... and the hold, further enraged, the bear hurls itself against them again. The chain, unable to hold against the bear's fury, snap as the beast finds itself free...

Spoiler
    Show

Bear
    1.0 Move(Actually located directly under Bran)
    2.0 Strength Competition with Adv for Raging (1d20+10)[29] (1d20+10)[26] vs Adv for Greater Str(1d20+12)[27]
    (1d20+12)[30] Failure vs Large Trained Quality Manacles
    3.0 Repeat if Necessary Strength Competition with Adv for Raging (1d20+10)[17] (1d20+10)[30] vs Adv for Greater Str(1d20+12)[16]
    (1d20+12)[20] Success vs Large Trained Quality Manacles

Rage! (1d4)[2] Ends on a "1"
    Still Angry

Initiative
    Elakas, Pip
    BR3, BR4, BK
    Bran, Cassius
    Bear
    Last edited by Zman; 2020-03-26 at 01:42 PM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Elakas Morkasion

As stationary as a tower, Elakas continues his assault of the wild creature. It's free now, but his mind seems to have gone blank except and anyone close enough attention could hear him mumbling something to himself.

Shoot what you can. Shoot what you can. Shoot what you can. Shoot what you can.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

1) Fire at the bear (1d20+4)[10](1d20+4)[15] for (1d8+1)[4](1d8+1)[2]
    1.5) Reload
    2.5) Fire at the bear (1d20)[19](1d20)[14] for (1d8+1)[2](1d8+1)[3]
    3) Reload

Bran's on the roof two stories above the bear, right? So I'm not firing into melee? If I am, Elakas is still unaware that he could hit anything expect what he's aiming at. Feeling pretty invincible in this combat so far. (He said knowing just how dangerous narratively that phrase is.)

5. - Top - End - #155

Elakas' first arrow flies wide of its mark in the fracas, but his second sticks right into the shoulder, glancing off the thick shoulder blade and failing to penetrate more than hide and a little muscle. Furious, the bear lets out a bellow, turning its head to see where the painful bite came from...

Spoiler
    Show

Miss(by 1 no less)
    Hit(3 Damage DR1 Size, DR1Rage Thick Hide(DR2 70%)(1d100)[85] Failure: 1WP Damage

Initiative
    Elakas, Pip
    BR3, BR4, BK
    Bran, Cassius
    Bear
    Last edited by Zman; 2020-03-26 at 03:41 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Felpip Nindlenorn

A chain snaps. It's not so much the sound that turns his limbs to stone, that freezes his fingers in the dark before his face. Am I an imploring statue? An ocean flows around him, the roared out life-force of others. He might have been quicksilver instead. He just was. Always be faster than the waves.

But it is his plan that has snapped. The thing that held another back has now lashed free to immobilize him.

And he realizes then -- hears it inside -- that he's standing still because it's time to choose. Will he forever be as one who watches? Or will he be the one that others see? Slow stone, or quick-

I choose silver!

Pip starts to run, little legs a molten forge, and he bellows out defiance (which, annoyingly, sounds rather more like a squeak) as he leaps free of the edge before him, grasping for a distant pillar.

Spoiler: Pip R4
    Show
    Action 1&2 --- Run to N6 and jump for K6 (Acrobatics(E) check) (1d20+7)[14]
    Action 2.5 ---- Attempt to grab hold of the ledge (Acrobatics(E) check) (1d20+7)[15]

If Pip's result is under 20 on the second check, he'll use a destiny point and attempt the roll again. (1d20+7)[15]

Fingers and gnome toes crossed!

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Felpip Nindlenorn

Pip slams into stone. He's attached by one hand. Can't- Pull- Up

He watches his crossbow fall between his kicking legs. Pulling with both hands now.

Sweet destiny, will you smile?

Pip is gritting his teeth.

Spoiler: Cui Bono?
    Show
    Pip uses his destiny check to attempt the climb (earlier two rolls were to take into account the advantage gained from dropping his crossbow).

(1d20+7)[25]

8. - Top - End - #158

A herculean leap for half a man, Pip fails to clear the immense gulf, catching only a hand, his body swinging. Without thinking, Pip drops his crossbow and uses the momentum from his errant swing to flip himself up and over the ledge and onto his feet.

Bandits

The wounded bandit, reloads his crossbow behind the cover of the pillar before peaking out to line up a pained shot at Cassius before again taking cover... the wounded man, shaking from the pain, jumps his bolt high and over Cassius' shoulder...

The second inexperienced bandit does the same... his bolt equally as far afield...

The sharper, more grizzled bandit, instead lines up at Pip, but for once, the man's small stature is a boon, and the bolt narrowly flies over his head, about the height of a human's heart...

Spoiler
    Show

R3(Wounded)
    1.0 Attack Cassius (1d20+2)[11](1d20+2)[3] for (1d8+2)[7] Piercing DamageMiss
    Passive Shield 10%(1d100)[61]
    2.0 Reload
    2.5 Take Cover

R4
    1.0 Attack Cassius (1d20+2)[5] for (1d8+2)[7] Piercing Damage Miss
    Passive Shield 10%(1d100)[5] Would have blocked the attack if it had hit!
    2.0 Reload
    2.5 Take Cover

Knife
    1.0 Attack Pip(1d20+4)[13] for (1d8+2)[7] Piercing DamageNarrow, oh so narrow miss.
    2.0 Reload
    2.5 Take Cover

Initiative
    Elakas, Pip
    BR3, BR4, BK
    Bran, Cassius
    Bear
    Last edited by Zman; 2020-03-27 at 05:15 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Bran Aelfstone

Clinging to the roof, Bran takes a moment to look around. His new friends are nowhere near. There appears to be an angry bear attacking them. And he cannot see any of the bandits. He sticks his jaw forward and scowls. He is furious, but the targets of his rage are out of sight. He points down below, the stone glowing, extruding a molten lash than proceeds to whip down toward the offending beast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Action 1: lava whip 4 (reduced to 3 for standing on stone) in a space within 15 feet that can still reach the bear (targeting from of the roof is a little unclear, but I think there is somewhere.

Action 2: Concentrate to attack bear, 1PP, Reflex 15 verses (1d6)[4] bludgeoning + (1d4+2)[3] fire

Action 3: Concentrate to attack bear, 1PP, Reflex 15 verses (1d6)[3] bludgeoning + (1d4+2)[3] fire

10. - Top - End - #160

With a flick of his wrist, Bran summons a stream of living lava from the side of the stone stairs, willing it to lash out at the bear... the first of the tendrils misses the bear, but the second smashes it accross the face and neck, lighting some of its fur on fire and disorienting it for a second...

Spoiler
    Show

Bran isn't standing on stone, so it will cost 4PP, +1 +1 for the Concentrations for a total of 6PP.

Bear Dex Save (1d20+4)[16] Success: Miss
    Bear Dex Save (1d20+4)[5] Critical Threat Confirmed. 6 Damage -1DR(Large) -1DR(Rage)-2Dr(Thick Fur) = 2WP Damage and On Fire

Initiative
    Elakas, Pip
    BR3, BR4, BK
    Bran, Cassius
    Bear
    Last edited by Zman; 2020-03-27 at 05:16 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161

Spoiler
    Show

Bear's Luck save to Negate Critical DC15 (1d20+0)[10] Failure: Critical Effects Bludgeoning: Exposed to Bran for remainder of turn. Fire: On Fire

Last edited by Zman; 2020-03-27 at 05:17 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162

Spoiler
    Show

Armor Save DR2 70%(1d100)[50]

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Cassius Mortain

The sound of the bear's chain breaking behind him causes Cassius' heart to catch in his throat for a moment. He spins around, unmindful of the crossbow bolts landing ineffectually around him, far more concerned at the mass of muscle and rending claws that had just broken free. He lifts his shield, readies his sword, and prepares to meet its charge.

Show
    Actions:
    0.5: step to H3
    1.0: Raise shield
    1.5: Parry (does this make a difference with the shield? Or would it just be the better cover save between what's granted by the weapon and the shield?)
    2.5: Ready an attack as the bear comes up the stairs
    Spoiler: Attack and damge for readied action
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+3)[15]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[5]

If I understand it correctly, a shield block automatically causes a hit but redirects all damage to the shield, so the only way to break through someone continuously shield blocking would be to physically break the shield? But those hits will always trigger a check to knock Cassius down? I assume if I just relied on the shield/armor saves a hit would still send him flying, but that does raise the possibility of the bear missing. Given that, I think I will not shield block the bear's attack, in the interest of not finding himself flat on his back for the third time this fight. Of course, that does mean he might find himself flat on his back and bleeding... but I'll take the risk.

Wasn't sure what to do with my final half action (full action if the parry isn't useful since I have a shield)
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

-----

14. - Top - End - #164

Bear

Snarling, dazed, and overwhelmed by biting arrows, living lava, and the persistent nip of fire, the Bear turns on its heels, as if realizing for the first time it had a chance to be free of its prison...

Spoiler
    Show

1.0 Move
    2.0 Move Overrun Elakas

Elakas can choose to stand his ground and make a melee attack of opportunity, potentially stopping the bear in its tracks, or he can use his reaction to get out of its way letting it pass.

15. - Top - End - #165

Doing the only sensible thing when a rampaging bear that is literally on fire charges at you, Elakas his the dirt...

The bear didn't stop with freedom in its view...

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative
    Elakas, Pip
    BR3, BR4, BK
    Bran, Cassius
    Bear

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Elakas Morkasion

Spoiler: Assumptions
    Show
    Because it makes sense to me, I'm going to assume that, in the dive, I kept my bow but lost the arrow that was loaded. If I need to go retrieve the bow, I'll do that instead.

Shocked and relieved, Elakas looks as the strange light source flees into the distance. It may come back later, but he decides to consider that threat dealt with. Realizing that he's fallen far behind the others, Elakas hurries to get back into a position to help. Hoping to keep his allies informed, and possibly dishearten his foes, he shouts out as he moves:

The bear is gone! Keep at it, friends.

Show

0.5) Dive Reaction
    1) Stand Up
    2) Move to H7
    3) Move to H4 (hurray, stairs)

Kind of a boring turn, but I greatly prefer it to spending the previous turn getting mauled by a bear.
    Last edited by achesst; 2020-03-29 at 09:59 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Felpip Nindlenorn

Shaking, Pip surveys the world around his solid footing. He made it! He’s still, yet it feels as if he’s soaring – stomach twisting – more on wings of fear than elation.

The bear is taking flight too. That’s good! Cassius stands firm and Elakas has come to join him, slipping past the fleeing fire and fir. Both are lit by a different light, a lashing tendril. Could it be the stone’s blood? A searing vein of agony. Pip’s eyes shudder away. The ghastly sight of fire, he—

Cannot think about it. Instead he runs, snatching forth his dagger. Bran is high above. A marker. There’s time to see which way it’ll go. Pip passes over the rope bridge and beneath the boy. His grounded friends are to the right. And a whip of flame is right ahead.

He closes his eyes and turns left. Sweating. The bandit who shot at him is lurking somewhere in that direction. It’s almost a relief. Pip finds a pillar to hide behind, far from the fulminating fire.

Spoiler: Pip Round 5
    Show
    0.5… Pip draws his dagger
    1.5… Moves to H7 (I think the lava whip is in G7 – Pip tries to give that as wide a berth as he can)
    2.5… Moves to G11 attempting to use the pillar at F11 for cover

18. - Top - End - #168

Pip hits the rope bridge with sure feet, not even slowing enough to realize the bridge might move on him.

Spoiler
    Show

Pip Acrobatics Save for balancing on the rope bridge. DC5
    (1d20+7)[22] Critical Success, allowed full movement speed and not flatfooted to G7
    (1d20+7)[9]

Added Take Cover with his last 1/2 Action for him, so he doesn't have to use a reaction to take cover.
    Last edited by Zman; 2020-03-30 at 02:35 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169

Bandits

Again, the wounded bandit peeks around the corner, this time finding Cassius right where had been moments before. Without thinking, the young bandit loosed a bolt that nearly found its mark...

The other recruit rounded the corner, finding Elakas he loosed his bolt, but whether nerves or youth, it skips of the stone a full step astride of Elakas...

The more seasoned bandit had been around enough to know when the knives needed to some out, seeing the small form of Pip trying to flank near him, he did his best to lead him off, rounding the corner the small gnome was attempting to hide behind...

Spoiler
    Show

R3(Wounded)
    1.0 Attack Cassius (1d20+2)[22](1d20+2)[15] for (1d8+2)[8] Piercing [B]Hit: Shield Save: Failure; 8 Damage -2HR = 6HP Damage/B]
    2.0 Reload
    2.5 Take Cover

R4
    1.0 Attack Elakas(1d20+2)[4] for (1d8+2)[5] Piercing Miss
    2.0 Reload
    2.5 Take Cover

Bandit Knife
    0.0 Drop Crossbow
    .5 Step(Quick Draw Rapier)
    1.0 Step(Quick Draw Dagger)
    1.5 Step to G10(No cover for Pip)
    2.5 Attack Pip Imp. TWF Rapier(1d20+1)[17] for (1d6+2)[3] Piercing or Dagger(1d20+1)[2] for (1d4+2)[6] Piercing Hit, 3 -1 = 2HP Damage
    3.0 Step to F10(Cover from Pip unless Pip steps)
    Spoiler: Hidden Logic
    Show
    If Pip attacks him around the corner, he'll React and take cover for the 50% covers save vs 30% from jsut around the corner.

Initiative
    Elakas, Pip
    BR3, BR4, BK
    Bran, Cassius
    Last edited by Zman; 2020-03-30 at 02:53 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170

Spoiler
    Show

Cassius Shield Save 10% (1d100)[29] And the Disadvantated Damage if it hits the shield (1d8+2)[10](1d8+2)[7] Nope, no shield.
    Last edited by Zman; 2020-03-30 at 02:48 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Cassius Mortain

Cassius was braced for a charge which, it seems, would not come. The bear decided discretion was the better part of valor and sought freedom rather than blood--all the better, as far as he was concerned. A hiss of a crossbow bolt coming uncomfortably close to his head reminded him that there were still enemies up and fighting, and as his allies moved up he took off towards the bandits, charging one lurking behind the fire with a crossbow. The young warrior lets out a fearsome shout as his blade arcs downwards.

Show
    Actions:
    1.0: move to F6
    2.0: Attack R4: (1d20+3)[4]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[4]
    3.0: Attack R4: (1d20-1)[12]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[5]

If R4 goes down from the first hit (would need nearly max damage but it's possible), instead move up to A6.

Is Cassius allowed to make a charge attack? Looks like he can, unless the campfire prevents him. If I remember correctly charge gives advantage on the damage roll. I assume that'd only apply to the first attack made? (If a charge is a 3 action cost I'll forego the second attack in order to charge).
    Assuming I'm allowed and I've got the effect correct, advantage for the first damage roll: (1d8+2)[9]

-----

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Bran Aelfstone
    Bran hangs his head over the edge, looking down below. Seeing a bandit closing with Pip, he shoots a stream of flame.
    Spoiler
    Show
    1:fire blast on K, 2PP, Reflex DC15 or (1d4+2)[4] fire damage
    2:fire blast on K, 2PP, Reflex DC15 or (1d4+2)[6] fire damage
    3:fire blast on K, 2PP, Reflex DC15 or (1d4+2)[6] fire damage
    Last edited by stack; 2020-03-31 at 07:01 AM.

23. - Top - End - #173

The young bandit, upon seeing Cassius charge, rolls, the blade bouncing off the stone with a spark, but youth and inexperience didn't let him capitalize on his momentary fortunes for Cassius knew where he would be, delivering a blade to the guts...

The young boy, hidden upon the roof, looses a torrent of flaming spheres at the veteran bandit threatening his newfound friend. The man, dancing as the fire rained down upon him, narrowly evades the flaming bolts...

Spoiler
    Show

Cassius A1 Hit with a destiny. 9 Damage Cover Save(30%)(1d100)[14] Armor Save(40%DR1) (1d100)[45]
    Cover is a success, darn!
    Cassius A2 Hit. 5 Damage. Cover Save(30%)(1d100)[76] Armor Save(40%DR1) (1d100)[74]
    Cover Fail, Armor Fail

Bran
    (1d20+6)[10](1d20+6)[9](1d20+6)[17] Hit. Hit. Miss. Bandit Knife is out of HP.

Initiative
    Elakas, Pip
    BR3(W), BR4(W), BK
    Bran, Cassius
    Last edited by Zman; 2020-03-31 at 09:14 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174

Spoiler
    Show

Forgot Cover for Bran's attacks
    Firnig into a melee would be Medium(50%) or Light(30%) Cover with a 10% chance of hitting his ally. I'll say Pip benefits from the cover save as well, so we'll make it just a flat 30% with no chance of hitting Pip.

A1 (1d100)[48]
    A2 (1d100)[36]
    A3 (1d100)[87]

And the cover saves didn't matter, stands as written in the previous post.
    Last edited by Zman; 2020-03-31 at 09:13 AM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Elakas Morkasion

Moving up to the next level, Elakas sees that the fierce fighting persists! A bolt whizzes by his head, disturbingly close. He goes back to mumbling his mantra while angling himself against the wall for a better shot.

Shoot was you can. Shoot what you can. Shoot what you can.

Show

1) Move to D3 (10 to finish the stairs, then 20 on even terrain, right? Sorry to be so unsure about movement here. I think the multiple levels are throwing me off a bit.)
    1.5) Reload
    2.5) Shoot at R3 at (1d20+4)[15] for (1d8+1)[5](1d8+1)[6]
    3) Reload

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Felpip Nindlenorn

Ouch!

Refuge behind the pillar was anything but. A rapier's slash sundered that illusion, but it's a dagger that has sliced thorough Pip's leather breast. The bandit is a cunning foe! Far more so than Pip's plan now seems.

Still, Cassius is advancing while Elakas' bow sings; both are far away, still.

Alone for now. My dagger one, against two grizzled hands of mayhem. Pip feels terror ice his veins. And then the sky opens, and things are burning instead. It's Bran! His help. And it's the bandit who's aflame.

The man's lively leaping spares him the worse. Duck and cover? Cannot let you hide.

Pip grimly advances.

Spoiler: Pip Round 6
    Show
    0.5 Steps to G10
    1.5 Attacks K-bandit with dagger (1d20+2)[20] for (1d4+2)[6] precision
    2.5 Attacks K-bandit again with dagger (1d20-2)[2] for (1d4+2)[3] precision
    3.0 Steps back to G11

(The reason Pip is stepping all around is to hopefully thwart the bandit's cover-seeking attempt, and for Pip himself then to try the same trick in reverse. If I'm mixing up the rules, let's just say he's doing a nervous little two-step dance )

27. - Top - End - #177

Elakas springs forward, as the wounded bandit comes into view he hugs closer to the stone pillar. Elakas' arrow lands solidly into the stone leaving the bandit unharmed...

As Pip springs forward, blade in had, he manages a swift stab up and under the bandits ribs... the man faulters, clearly nearly brought now by the pint size man and his little blade...

Spoiler
    Show

My count has Elakas making C3 which I'll say is enough to downgrade the Bandits Cover.
    R3 Cover Save 30%(1d100)[2] or Dead Success: No Damaged

Knife's Armor Save 40%(1d100)[67] 6 or 5 Damage, Wounded Regardless

And Bandits are up
    Last edited by Zman; 2020-03-31 at 03:20 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178

Bandits

The bandits, clearly on the losing end of the fight begin to falter. You young recruits don't know any better, abandoning their crossbows for blades, but the more veteran knife knows a losing fight when he sees one, and you don't last long enough without knowing when to cut and run.

The first bandit boy reloads his crossbow, attempting to bring Elakas down... elakas should be dead, maybe by some gust of wind, or twist of fate, or turn of his body the bolt slides between his arm and body, leaving naught but a hole in his cloak to mark its passing...

The second young bandit drops his crossbow and draw a shortsword from his hip, finding himself against and armored knight with a shield... But doing his best to keep the pillar and the fire between them, but the boys attacks were nothing but fear trying to keep the knight at bay...

The third, the bandit grasping his fresh knife wound, uses the separation the gnome gave him to slide over the edge of the all and into the lower level, making for the door... Despite his wounds, he slides over the wall and drops to his feet, leaving a bloody smear in his wake, before he bolts for the door...

Spoiler
    Show

R3
    1.0 Reload
    2.0 Attack Elakas (1d20+2)[22](1d20+2)[21] for (1d8+2)[7] Piercing DamageHit: 6HP Damage very lucky that was at Disadvantage, would have been a critical threat and could easily have been massive damage. Crossbows are piercing, so extra D6 and crossbows have the Armor Piercing special rule.
    3.0 Move to C8

R4
    .5 Dwaw shortsword
    1.5 Attack Cassius (1d20+2)[10](1d20+2)[14] for (1d2+2)[4] Slashing Miss
    30% Cover(Better than passive shield (1d100)[5]
    5 Dwaw shortsword
    2.5 Attack Cassius (1d20+2)[15](1d20+2)[5] for (1d2+2)[4] SlashingMiss and should have -4s for second attack.
    30% Cover(Better than passive shield (1d100)[72]
    3.0 Step to E8

Knife
    1.0 Move and fall
    1.5 Grab Ledge(Drop rapier) DAdv Acrobatics sans modifiers (2d20)[5][12](17)Success
    Acrobatics for Fall DAdv Acrobatics sans modifiers (2d20)[3][20](23)Success
    2.0 Picks up Rapier
    3.0 Moves to I14

Initiative
    Elakas, Pip
    BR3(W), BR4(W), BK
    Bran, Cassius
    Last edited by Zman; 2020-03-31 at 07:36 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Bran Aelfstone

Bran crawls along the edge to get a better view. He can feel himself tiring; he has rarely drawn on his gift so much in such a short time. He leans down again and send a more controlled stream of flame at the far bandit.

Spoiler
    Show
    Action 1: moving to give the bandits less cover (climb at half speed?) ending in I8. climb check acrobatics (1d20+5)[21]
    (if he should fall, will use reaction to grab, failing that, burn yet more points on wind walk)
    Actions 2&3: fire blast + flourish, 1 PP, vs R3, who should have a hard time getting into cover, DC15 vs (1d4+2)[3] fire

30. - Top - End - #180

Bran skillfully balances and moves across the broken rafters and roof, careful not to fall... upon fiding a better vantage point he looses a carefully controlled firebolt... which managed to catch the unsuspecting bandit in the back, nearly felling him... the young man cries out, whether from fear or pain it is not clear...

Spoiler
    Show

A whole lot of success on that check.

R3 Dex DAdv for Wounded (1d20+4)[18](1d20+4)[14] Armor 40% DR1(1d100)[90] Failure, Failure, R3 has 1WP left.

Cassius is up.
    Last edited by Zman; 2020-04-02 at 08:17 AM.