New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: BSF: Red Sun Rising(IC)

Cassius Mortain

”Bran, can you stop the one who’s running?” Cassius knows he won’t be able to chase the bandit down, and Elakas isn’t in a position to shoot him. He steps up, pressing the attack on the bandit in front of him.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Actions:

0.5 Step to E7
    1.0 Raise Shield
    2.0 Attack R4: (1d20+3)[22]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[4]
    3.0 Attack R4: (1d20-1)[5]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[7]
    If the first attack finishes off the bandit he’ll use his third action to move to D8 instead
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

Most recent update: Chapter 6: Devastation

-----

A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

Most recent update: another look at magic traditions!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Firbolg in the Playground

Cassius steps forward, pressing the the flailing banding, to deliver a fatal slash across his unguarded thigh, his femoral artery immediately beginning to gush, the leg gives out, and the young bandit collapses to the stone floor...

With their immediate superior fleeing and his companion fleeing, the bandit on death's door looks ready to throw down his arms...

Spoiler
    Show

R4 Armor Save 40% DR1 (1d100)[89] Failure. D.E.D. Dead

Given the situation, the last bandit will surrender given the chance. Now, there probably isn't "time" to tie him up and especially not to interrogate him for more than a sentence. So, if you accept his surrender and let him flee, you've got a reasonable chance, Double Advantage, for a single Round Coerce.

Initiative
    Elakas, Pip
    BR3(W), BR4(W), BK
    Bran, Cassius
    Last edited by Zman; 2020-04-02 at 04:45 PM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Felpip Nindlenorn

Things begin and things end. Pip is focusing on the time between. Just one bandit left, right now, on the low ground. Bran is still on the tower's roof. Unseen things are rising high to meet him.

Far below any of that, in the dark, the bandit that slashed at Pip is disappearing. No way for shorter legs to catch up with him. Pip settles for putting his hands on his knees and capturing his breath instead.

The wounded villain surely can't have much fight left. Perhaps he'll opt for words instead? Bran will need help very soon; the stolen one has needed it even longer. Still breathing, Pip walks forward to greet his friends, and to listen.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pip catches his breath and moves towards Cassius (hopefully getting close enough for a low-voice conversation, while staying away from the campfire).

4. - Top - End - #184
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Elakas Morkasion

Elakas seems to be in some kind of a trance. Despite his close-brush with death via a barely errant bolt, he still looks ready to kill. Seeing one last enemy, he draws back his bow while repeating his new favorite phrase.

Shoot what you can. Shoot what you can. Shoot what you can. Shoot what you can.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

1) Aim at R4
    2)... realize that he's no longer a threat
    3) Move to D6 (stairs are going up from D11 to A8, right?)

Free action: Leave without your weapon. We came to save a girl, not kill some scum.

Persuasion maybe? TOTALLY UNTRAINED! (double advantage is three rolls?) (1d20+1)[16](1d20+1)[6](1d20+1)[12]

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Cassius Mortain

Cassius steps up to the terrified bandit, extending the point of his sword towards his chest. He had no intention of killing him unless he tried to go for a weapon, but the bandit had no way of knowing that, of course. "How many more are up there?" Cassius demands. once he answers, "Go. Get out of here. Drop your weapons and count yourself lucky."

Show
    Going ahead and posting since you said this doesn't necessarily have to be in initiative order.

Cassius has two ranks in intimidate (which I think still puts him in the "untrained" category, but I doubt it's gonna be that tough in this case):
    (1d20+4)[12](1d20+4)[8](1d20+4)[8]

If this counts as Persuasion (I wouldn't let a player make a persuasion roll instead of intimidate if they'd put a sword to an NPC's chest, but hey) would be a +6 with 4 ranks instead, just in case.
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

-----

6. - Top - End - #186

Bandit

The bandit, harldy more than a boy and at best a year or two younger than Cassius, doesn't waste any time letting to of his weapons, his hand immediately finding his bloody side instead... "Thha..ank ya. Just Boss and his thugs, Stumpy and Flick", the bandit boy cringes, "and the half-dead girl."

As he speaks, he is already putting distance between himself and the business ends of the weapons still brandished against him...

Spoiler
    Show

Ok, Catch Your Breath and figure out how you're advancing!

7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Felpip Nindlenorn

Pip scratches his chin. The words of the young bandit were useful, leaving much to think on. But there is little time. Surprise helped before. Why not again?

He looks up at Cassius and softly says “I do not doubt, sir knight, that you intend to bravely take the stairs in yonder keep to confront the bandits, swift-shooting Elakas, I’m guessing, at your side. If you will allow me one more head start though, I will begin to scale the tower walls to rejoin young Bran atop. The villainy of the ones we pursue is not in question. I believe their base cunning should not be either. It is likely they will attempt to use the poor girl to gain advantage over us. Perhaps they will threaten her life to force us to drop our arms, or hatch an even more recreant snare. If Bran and I are able to approach them whilst their eyes are fixed on you, however, perhaps the four of us, together, can put paid to such vile deeds, and so through open force or simple surprise rekindle the light of justice in this dark place.”

Pip hopes his words were clear. He’s trying to speak in the language, he fancies, a knight would use. Instead, he’s confused himself a little bit now. So, off Pip strides towards the tower, hoping to avoid any follow-up questioning and that his actions will tell a more evident tale.

When he reaches the walls, however, the truth of their tallness comes to fill his thoughts instead. Mercifully, Bran is in sight. Perhaps the lad has a rope! Using no words at all, but rather the purest of gestures, Pip signals his request, this time clear as crystal.

Spoiler
    Show
    I’m not sure of the timing if we’re between rounds now, or if I need to do something more to get Pip into position, but here are some rolls to help get him up the tower (hopefully!) I’ve included several, just to move things along if appropriate, but hopefully I’ll roll a natural 20 right away for 15’ critical success ;P (Oh, all of this is assuming Bran drops his rope.)
    Climb checks using Acrobatics (E):

(1d20+7)[11]
    (1d20+7)[25]
    (1d20+7)[15]
    (1d20+7)[15]

Pip will also attempt to move silently (E), so here are some checks for that:

(1d20+7)[20]
    (1d20+7)[22]
    (1d20+7)[26]
    (1d20+7)[20]

If Pip ends falling, I’ll make the grab-hold save in response to that. Otherwise, I’ll do the moving across the ruined roof rolls (and any other checks needed) when he’s safely alongside Bran.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Bran Aelfstone

Bran tilts his head questioningly as Pip gestures. He wants to...milk a cow?

Oh, rope!
    The boy rummages around in his bag, almost losing his tinderbox over the edge before retrieving the rope and anchoring it with a simple knot around a solid-looking bit or protruding masonry.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure if any checks are needed for this.

take a breather:
    +5 PP, so 21 total

full up on hero points anyhow

9. - Top - End - #189

Ruins of Watchpoint- Tower

The seconds tick by and the gnome scurries up a rope dropped by the boy. The elf and the man wait just long enough for the gnome to finish his climb before marching up the stairs...

Upon ascending the stone steps of the runins of Watchpoint Keep, Elakas' eyes take in the scene in front of him. A man, a rope in his hands, stands over the unconscious girl, the other end is being secured to the crenelations. A young man, wounded stands between him and the girl and the rescuers. Closest are two heaveyset men with a mean look...

Cassius, his eyes struggling in the light only make out the nearest three, unable to pierce the dark far enough to make out the leader and girl...

Pip can make out the edge of the keep and the two giants standing there, their back towards him...

Bran, his human eyes failing, has little but his ears to rely on...

Spoiler
    Show

Edit: Given Cassius brought a torch, everyone can see almost everything up at the top of the keep. Ignore my previous sight limitations.

Bandit Leader

As soon as Elakas and Cassius reach the top of the stairs, their silhouettes lightly illuminated by the shadows bouncing up the stairs from the campfire below, the man furthest speaks, "Ehh, guess the boys didn't didn't have it handled. At least they got the halflings, who would have thought, halflings on the attack, might as well have been children."

One of the brutes, possibly Stumpy by his wide as tall stature, grunts what could only be counted as a snicker.

"Maybe we won't have to cut and run if its just the two of em..."

Spoiler
    Show

It looks like the leader was attempting to rig up a harness, some way to haul the girl down the rope with him. Given his "boys" now outnumber the attackers, he seems less inclined to run, but doesn't look poised to enter the fray unless forced to.
    Last edited by Zman; 2020-04-08 at 08:52 PM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Cassius Mortain

Seeing the upper part of the fortress has no lights showing, Cassius shoulders his shield for now and lights a brand from the campfire. Sword in one hand and lit torch in the other, he gives Pip a moment to scurry up the rope--an odd little fellow, to be sure, he was still trying to puzzle out parts of that little speech he'd given, though he was pretty sure he got the gist--and then sets off up the stairs with Elakas close behind. He rounds the corner to confront the remaining bandits. "Three of your men are dead already. Drop your weapons and unhand the girl and no more blood need be shed tonight." The young knight puts every bit of steel he can into his voice, mimicking how his father spoke when ordering soldiers under him. Those men jumped to and obeyed unquestioningly--he had no illusions the bandits would do the same, but it couldn't hurt, right? "We gave you one chance to surrender already--your men paid for your refusal. You will not get another."

Show
    Cassius has his sword in one hand, a torch in the other, and his shield is slung--hopefully I don't regret that decision, but I think being able to see is a good thing!

Intimidation check: (1d20+4)[18] untrained

Cassius is going to hold position at the head of the stairs for now, both to keep them off of Elakas and hopefully restrict how many can get to him at one time.

The bandit leader has a truly alarming number of HP/WP

-----

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Bran Aelfstone
    Bran creeps up the roof to get a better, or any, view of what is going on in the tower.
    Spoiler
    Show
    see how far he can get, just moving straight toward the action without getting into the tower itself...
    climb (1d20+5)[14]
    move silently (1d20+4)[19]

12. - Top - End - #192

as Bran creeps ever closer...

Spoiler
    Show

It is actually a Balance check, not a climb check. Minor success, 5' of movement and Bran is Flat-footed as he keeps his balance. The difficulty is DC10(-).

Bandit

The bandit seems impressed by Cassius' demand for his surrender, "I ain't great at countin, but I don't even need to kick off ma boots to figure out that we've still got you outnumbered. Might have got three of us, but the boys got two of you, and there are always more boys."

The man smirks, "Thanks for bringing some light, tying a knot in the dark was the shlatts."

Spoiler
    Show

Good roll by Cassius, unfortunately the best he could do was fail there given his training.

I'll let everyone finish a round's worth of non-combat actions. So Bran has 2 actions left, Pip 3, etc.

Oh, and with Cassius' torch, you can all basically see everlything on the top of the tower.
    Last edited by Zman; 2020-04-08 at 08:54 PM.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Bran Aelfstone

Now able to see, Bran reaches out a hand and draws away the heat from the ground underneath the nearest bandit
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actions 2 & 3: Ice on the intersection of D-E 8-9, hits T1. With the rain, should make glare ice. Channeling water and fire should cancel each other. 4 PP, 4' radius. Glare Ice is DC20 expert for balancing

14. - Top - End - #194
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Felpip Nindlenorn

On a ledge in the sky Pip stands with Bran. Climb done, he sees a lesser one ahead. Across the roof, Cassius reaches the top of his ascent too, flaming stick in hand. Elakas’ eyes glint behind him. But the fire shows more than that – through the dark Pip had seen two massive men, two more his eyes see now. And one of them, a boasting brute, is twisting ropes above a poor, unconscious girl!

Revulsion at the sight fills Pip’s mouth, but still his tongue says nothing. He also resists an urge to charge the large foe standing near the roof’s edge. Justice will come in the end; peace now to wait and see where it is best begun.

Bran moves quietly off to raise arms of magic. Pip, instead, climbs the low ridge before him and cautiously balances his steps across the roof beyond that. He’s heading for a nearby pillar, to shelter and observe. How keen is his dagger on his thumb?

Spoiler: Pip's advance
    Show
    1) Climb G8 (Acrobatics(E) (1d20+7)[17] attempting Stealth(Move Silently(E) (1d20+7)[8]
    1.5) Step to G7, balance check (Acrobatics(E) (1d20+7)[25] attempting Stealth(Move Silently(E) (1d20+7)[11]
    2) Take cover behind pillar (the one located at F8)
    2.5) Draw dagger

Hopefully this will put Pip in a good position to remain unseen but close enough to threaten the most promising target as things develop

15. - Top - End - #195

As the vile knaves face off with the noble Cassius and Elakas, Bran and Pip continue to sneak up...

As Bran causes the ground at the feat of the bandit thugs to crystalize, forming a sheet of glare ice that instantly reflects the light of Cassius' torch, a grunt and crack is clear for all to hear as Pip puts his foot through a weakened portion of roof...

Bandit Leader

With the sound or Pip's appraoch and forming frost, the leader shouts "It's a trick! Devily!"

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative!
    Cassius(1d20+1)[2]
    Elakas(1d20+3)[4]
    Pip(1d20+3)[9]
    Bran[roll]1d20=2[/roll]

Bandit Leader (1d20+4)[10]
    Bandit Thug 1(1d20+1)[13]
    Bandit Thug 2 (1d20+1)[3]
    Wounded Bandit Recruit(1d20+2)[12](1d20+2)[18]

5' radius from a square, so it is a bigger area I used to include both thugs. Don't forget to concentrate on it if you want to keep it up.

Glare Ice is a DC20(E) Balance Check. If someone can't succeed, they can use the Roll Action to get accross it. So Prone and 5' per action with no AoOs.

Edit: Apparently Bran's plan caught Elakas and Cassius by surprise!
    Cassius(1d20+1)[2]
    Elakas(1d20+3)[4]
    Pip(1d20+3)[9]
    Bran[roll]1d20=2[/roll]

Bandit Leader (1d20+4)[10]
    Bandit Thug 1(1d20+1)[13]
    Bandit Thug 2 (1d20+1)[3]
    Wounded Bandit Recruit(1d20+2)[12](1d20+2)[18]

Initiative
    Bran
    BT1, BR(W), BL
    Pip, Elakas
    BT2
    Cassius

Last edited by Zman; 2020-04-10 at 09:28 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196

Spoiler
    Show

Bran(1d20+2)[22]
    Whoops, forgot one.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Bran again melts the stone floor, using the heat pulled from the surrounding area, sending a lash of molten stone toward the bandits.
    Spoiler
    Show
    action 1: concentrate on ice
    Action 2: lava whip in E9
    Action 3: whip T1 ref 15, (1d6)[5] bludgeoning +(1d4+3)[6] fire

May have goofed, posting from phone

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: attack again
    Show
    and another attack same target (1d6)[2]+(1d4+2)[5]

Saves (1d20)[16]
    (1d20)[18]

19. - Top - End - #199

Spoiler
    Show

First whip misses
    Thug is Flat-footed and has disadvantage on his save. So here are thwo saves for the second lava whip (2d20)[13][4](17) Fail, total of 7-1HP
    Last edited by Zman; 2020-04-11 at 09:57 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200

Bandits

The thugs, trying to avoid the living lava takes a hard hit on the ice and rolls off the incredibly slippery surface, and getting back to his feet...

The wounded bandit boy, shaking, takes his time aiming down the stairs opening at the bow-wielding elf...

The leader, leaving the fray to his underlings, keeps himself back and continues to fiddle with the rope...

Spoiler
    Show

T1
    1.0 Move(Attempt) on Glare Ice DC20(E) Acrobatics (1d20+4)[9] Only Trained, can't succeed. If he doesn't fall he'll drop prone as a free action.
    2.0 Roll to D10
    2.5 Stand
    3.0 Step to C10

BR(Wounded)
    1.0 Aim
    2.0 Fire Crossbow at Elakas (1d20+2)[9] for (1d8+2)[4] Piercing *Adv for Air cancels DAdv for WoundedMiss
    3.0 Reload

BL
    1.0/2.0 Fiddles with rope
    3.0 Readies Attack

Initiative
    Bran
    BT1, BR(W), BL
    Pip, Elakas
    BT2
    Cassius
    Last edited by Zman; 2020-04-11 at 10:11 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Elakas Morkasion

Elakas sighs sadly. He is quickly learning how senselessly violent the world of men can be. Steadying his nerves and knowing that he must end at least one more life, he fires at the wounded bandit. He's taken down plenty of wild and wounded animals as a hunter, but taking sentient life is still new to him. Against his past kills, he feels somehow compelled to offer a kind of prayer to the man whose life he is about to end.

May you find mercy with your gods, as you will find none with me.

Show

1) Aim
    2) Fire at Bandit Recruit 1 with adv (1d20+4)[23](1d20+4)[15] for (any damage lethal, but I want to know HOW lethal)(1d8+1)[4](1d8+1)[4]
    2.5) reload
    3) Hope that I didn't accidentally hit the girl on that attack (I'm happy to take suggestions for this half action. We're kind of in tight spaces and any movement probably has me taking some bad attacks or getting into melee, which is not the best situation for an archer.)

22. - Top - End - #202
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Felpip Nindlenorn

Pip winces at the clattering of his foot through the roof. No chance for surprise now. Even so, perhaps there still is a use for haste.

Fire and ice. Pip nods, smile forming at a concentrating Bran. The rooftop beneath the feet of the two heavy thugs is lit with sheerest frost, or so it seems in the light of a searing lash that has risen new to smite them.

One of the men slips and rolls, and finds his feet in a safer place.

Perhaps Pip can change that. He grips his dagger and hastens forward.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pip will try to move to D10, alongside Thug1(who’s at C10). Since Pip will need to balance, and I’m not sure of the result, I’ll include several rolls here. If Pip is very lucky, I think he’ll reach Thug1 with one action. If so, he’ll use his remaining two actions to attack with his dagger. If he’s not so lucky, after two actions, if he still isn’t next to Thug1 and able to attack him, Pip will just use his last action to step back again or simply to Delay (stand in place). Better in that situation to let the thug attempt his own balancing act if he wants to attack Pip! Hope all of that makes sense.

Actions (Scenario 1 – Pip reaches enemy in one action)
    1). Attempt to move to D10, Acrobatics check to balance (1d20+7)[18]
    2). Attack T1 with dagger (1d20+2)[5] for (1d4+2)[3]
    2). Finesse Attack T1 with dagger (1d20-2)[3] for (1d4+2)[4]

(Scenario 2 – Pip reaches enemy in two actions)
    1). Attempt to move to D10, Acrobatics check to balance (1d20+7)[22]
    2). Attempt to move to D10, Acrobatics check to balance (1d20+7)[17]
    3). Finesse Attack T1 with dagger (1d20+2)[3] for (1d4+2)[3]

(Scenario 3 – Pip fails to reach enemy in two actions
    1). Attempt to move to D10, Acrobatics check to balance (1d20+7)[17]
    2). Attempt to move to D10, Acrobatics check to balance (1d20+7)[15]
    3). If the bandit can reach Pip’s location with a 5’ step, then Pip will use a half action to step 5’ away from the bandit in anticipation Acrobatics check to balance (1d20+7)[15]. Otherwise Pip will simply use his final full action to Delay

23. - Top - End - #203

Pip makes his move on the bandit that fell, but by the time he makes his way over the crenelations the bandit has already found his feat and Pip fails to land a decisive blow...

Bandit

The second brute, the shorter man, tries to move on the glare ice... slips and falls like his partner, before rolling twice and standing up... and raising his gaze to see a grubby boy standing on the ruined roof, a look on strained concentration on his face...

Spoiler
    Show

Pip makes it there in two moves easily, but still misses. Really unfortunate rolling there.

Thug 2
    .5 Step Auto fails enough that he falls.
    1.5 Roll
    2.5 Roll
    3.0 Stand

Side Note: That Ice manifestation was pretty brutal! Simple little manifestation took advantage of the circumstances and negated both of the Thug's first turns. Solid.

Initiative
    Bran
    BT1, BR(W), BL
    Pip, Elakas
    BT2
    Cassius
    Last edited by Zman; 2020-04-13 at 09:04 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Bran continues to focus on his molten lash, gritting his teeth as he flails at the bandit approaching him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Action 1: lava whip vs T1(the T1 in F8, who I believe used to be T2) Ref 15 vs (1d6)[3] + (1d4+2)[5] fire
    Action 2: lava whip vs T1(the T1 in F8) Ref 15 vs (1d6)[6] + (1d4+2)[4] fire
    Action 3: lava whip vs T1(the T1 in F8) Ref 15 vs (1d6)[5] + (1d4+2)[3] fire

Should the target go down, redirect to the other T1

Save rolls:
    vs 1: (1d20)[11] (advantage/disadvantage (1d20)[18])
    vs 2: (1d20)[8] (advantage/disadvantage (1d20)[19])
    vs 3: (1d20)[4] (advantage/disadvantage (1d20)[11])

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Cassius Mortain

Gritting his teeth, Cassius steps up and strikes at the bandit nearest him, struggling with the icy patch summoned by Bran. These bandits haven't proven too tough so far; after tangling with the bear this seems like a walk in the park.

Show
    Actions:
    0.5 Step to B9
    1.5 Attack T1 (both of them are marked T1... I attack the T1 that's next to me): (1d20+3)[16]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[7]
    2.5: Attack T1: (1d20-1)[10]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[3]
    3.0: Parry (shield isn't out, I have a torch in my off hand still)

If the first hit takes down the thug (I doubt it, but crits do happen!) he will step again to B10 in lieu of his second attack. If the second attack is what does the thug in, he will still parry instead of stepping.

-----

26. - Top - End - #206

Cassius presses the bandit thug, his blade drawing ever nearer to blood...

Round 2

Bran's summoned lava lashes out at the offguard bandit, one stroke searing right trough his gambeson and biting deep into flesh...

Spoiler
    Show

Hit and a Miss, T1 is out of HP.

Bran
    Hit,
    Hit, T2 reduced to 0HP
    Hit Armor 40% (1d100)[30] Success, 8-1 = 7WP Damage and T2 is Wounded

Initiative
    Bran
    BT1, BL
    Pip, Elakas
    BT2(W)
    Cassius
    Last edited by Zman; 2020-04-15 at 09:55 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207

Bandits

With chaos erupting the taller of the two thugs finds himself flanked by Cassius' blade on one side and Pip's dagger on the other, he quickly steps to get both enemies on one side of himself before lashing out at Cassius with his broadsword...

Bandit Leader

Seeing how quickly things had fallen apart, with the young recruit dying, one of his thugs wounded, and the other pressed hard, the bandit leader did what any good leader would do.

With a laugh, half humor, half anger, and half disbelief, "Well, ain't that the ****!

He dropped the rope over the side, abandoned his prize and his men, and began scaling down the wall... half sliding and half scurrying down the wall with practiced speed, his boots hitting the ground a handful of heartbeats after first rolling over the wall...

Spoiler
    Show

T1
    1.0 Double step to A10
    2.0 Attack Cassius (1d20+3)[6] for (1d8+2)[3] slashing Miss
    Parry 20%(1d100)[56]
    3.0 Attack Cassius (1d20-1)[3] for (1d8+2)[6] slashingMiss
    Parry 20%(1d100)[86]

BL
    1.0 Toss Rope over
    2.0 Begin Rope and wall climb (1d20)[14]
    3.0 (1d20)[5]

Initiative
    Bran
    BT1, BL
    Pip, Elakas
    BT2(W)
    Cassius

Last edited by Zman; 2020-04-15 at 10:14 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Felpip Nindlenorn

An ample brute he may be, but also one who's nothing less than spry. Pip realizes that while slashing empty air where an eye-blink ago the same place was set heavy with gambeson’ed flesh. Of course, Pip could have just been slow. He raises mental eyebrows. Snorts. Nah.

And watches Cassius’ longer weapon slice through that self-same armor. Pip was too distracted to see his friend approaching, but the brute they face seems even more surprised. And also, somehow, to have escaped injury.

The knave must have nine lives!

The man does have the good sense to back away though, while an even graver knave – presumably the bandit leader – slips over the tower wall behind him.

The heavythreatening Bran is faring no better. Things are coming into hand quicker than Pip thought.

His smile fades. Into hand?

A girl, as if asleep, lies innocent on the ground. The man who has just backed away now looms, monstrously, over her.

What happens if his depraved fingers open?

He’ll snatch up the girl and threaten her life! And make good his escape as would-be rescuers watch in helpless horror.

Pip hastens to her side, dagger outstretched like a toothpick – no – a lance, of justice!

Spoiler: Pip Tower Round 2
    Show
    1). Move to B11, balancing on roof: Acrobatics (1d20+7)[11]
    2). Feint Thug1 – PIP’s CTA vs Defender’s Passive CTD: (1d20+1)[4]
    3). Attack(precision) T1 with dagger: (1d20+2)[19] for (1d4+2)[3]

(Curse the bandit for his prescience – I had such high hopes for Pip to flank him, haha!)

29. - Top - End - #209
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Felpip Nindlenorn.

Pip is feigning and bluffing, and huffing and puffing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Advantage roll for action 2, feint on T1 attempt: (1d20+1)[3]
    Last edited by Estre; 2020-04-16 at 09:25 AM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Elakas Morkasion

The leader is fleeing, the remaining two are clearly going down quickly, and the girl is nearly safe. Despite offering clemency to an earlier bandit when the girl was still out of reach, his goal being so close has switched Elakas back into his hunting instinct.

A wounded and cornered animal is most dangerous. It needs to be either put down or given a way out. Being positioned in front of the exit, Elakas decides that putting them down is the only option left. That being the case, he sets his sights on the wounded thug and lets the fatal shot fly...

Show

1) Shoot at T2 (1d20+4)[14] for (1d8+1)[2](1d8+1)[8]
    1.5) reload
    2.5) Shoot at T2 (if alive) or T1 (if T2 is not alive) at (1d20)[19] for (1d8+1)[2](1d8+1)[3]
    3) reload

PS, I know it's not a big thing, but I'm still proud of myself for remembering that I don't get advantage on attack if I don't aim. I've forgotten that like, twice so far the turn after I did an aim, but not this time!