Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: X-Mafia

1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: X-Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    So the baner and the voider have a good idea of who a wolf might be.
    I realized a logical error in that statement I made. The voider has an idea who a wolf might be. The baner has an idea who the wolf may have targeted. For some reason I was thinking of baners as blocking a person from killing, not protecting someone from being killed.

---

All in all, I find the current situation a tad frustrating. I'm hoping other folk talk more (though I acknowledge it's early in the Day), as currently there's little to go on. But I realize for most players, there's not much to say, or at least that we'd want to admit openly where the wolves can hear.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

I realized a logical error in that statement I made. The voider has an idea who a wolf might be. The baner has an idea who the wolf may have targeted. For some reason I was thinking of baners as blocking a person from killing, not protecting someone from being killed.

---

All in all, I find the current situation a tad frustrating. I'm hoping other folk talk more (though I acknowledge it's early in the Day), as currently there's little to go on. But I realize for most players, there's not much to say, or at least that we'd want to admit openly where the wolves can hear.
    It doesn't help that it looks like this game has more than the normal number of newer players, and the game's first day kinda got interrupted by the forum reincarnating for a month. I've yet to check, but I bet there's at least one player who was new enough to the forum that they haven't visited since it shut down cuz they weren't yet addicted to this place like we are.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    It doesn't help that it looks like this game has more than the normal number of newer players, and the game's first day kinda got interrupted by the forum reincarnating for a month. I've yet to check, but I bet there's at least one player who was new enough to the forum that they haven't visited since it shut down cuz they weren't yet addicted to this place like we are.
    I think gac3 confirmed that everyone has checked in, so all the new players are known to be participating at this stage.
    Speaking of addiction, gotta stop checking in for any movements or intel and force myself back to work.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Like all of us are doing, you mean?

By all of us I of course mean me and all my personalities.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Eenie meanie miney Caerulea.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Random? Revenge for day one? Or part of some complicated scheme?
    Cleric of the Random Number God. All hail RNGesus!

Never played D&D and perpetually clueless in Werewolf/Mafia.

Werewolf games won: 3 (as evil mutant, town and Russian spy. Don't ask.)

Werewolf games lost: 0... so far...

Number of deaths: 0... so far... to anyone with a nightkill, don't break my streak

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm going to move my vote and do something actually useful- PartyOfRogues, anything to add? You've been awfully silent. (Not only you, but one has to start somewhere)
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-02-29 at 04:16 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Barbarian in the Playground

How dare you, AvatarVecna!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    The last one. Always the last one.

Jokes aside, I don't have much analysis because it doesn't look like there is that much revealed information, as nobody died. I will also be on very sparsely for the next couple of days because life.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meus est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not a humanoid. Come not be one too.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

We've got one death, not too much information to act on, and half the players are being real quiet. May as well vote somebody, and somebody on the previous wagon isn't a bad choice.

...and yes, it's always some dumb scheme. That too.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground

Everyone has at least checked with me through forum or QT since we started back. Of course one has dropped.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

My penguin hand say Caerulea. may he burn for the penguin hands

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Everyone has at least checked with me through forum or QT since we started back. Of course one has dropped.
    Are we talking about Logan or are they someone else?

13. - Top - End - #73

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Are we talking about Logan or are they someone else?
    Logan. Sorry.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

So, Snowblaze claims to have been roleblocked, Valmark claims to think that whoever targeted them last night isn't a wolf (no explanation), and Godzillarich keeps bringing up penguins. Did I miss anything? Oh, and the obligatory pointing out that JoyWonderLove chose not to vote D1 (not that it mattered much, but, you know, its the principle of the thing).

Lacking much in the way of available first day analysis, I am going to resort to poking quiet people until they say something (hopefully useful). As such, JoyWonderLove, have any useful insights? And no, I'm not just targeting you because you did not vote. You also did not post much at all D1, and I would like to hear more from you (and I will probably move my vote latter once you reply)

@gac3: Does MacJoe have posting power again?
    Last edited by kgato503; 2020-02-29 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Vote Change

15. - Top - End - #75
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Donít think so. Iíll switch my vote to DukeGod for a non-newbie counter-wagon. Although I wouldnít be against lynching Caerulea at the moment.

Number of deaths: 0... so far... to anyone with a nightkill, don't break my streak

16. - Top - End - #76

Quote Originally Posted by kgato503 View Post
    gac3: Does MacJoe have posting powers again?
    I'm not 100% sure as they haven't asked me anything further and haven't asked me to post for them. I've heard from them and posted for them to do things since the forum was back but heard nothing yet from them for day 2.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by kgato503 View Post
    So, Snowblaze claims to have been roleblocked, Valmark claims to think that whoever targeted them last night isn't a wolf (no explanation), and Godzillarich keeps bringing up penguins. Did I miss anything? Oh, and the obligatory pointing out that JoyWonderLove chose not to vote D1 (not that it mattered much, but, you know, its the principle of the thing).

Lacking much in the way of available first day analysis, I am going to resort to poking quiet people until they say something (hopefully useful). As such, JoyWonderLove, have any useful insights? And no, I'm not just targeting you because you did not vote. You also did not post much at all D1, and I would like to hear more from you (and I will probably move my vote latter once you reply)
    She stepped, alone
    Hunting mortal gods so curious
    Never at home

Donít think so. Iíll switch my vote to DukeGod for a non-newbie counter-wagon. Although I wouldnít be against lynching Caerulea at the moment.
    Caerulea might be innocent or not. But based on incomplete info, DukeGod might be a wolf.

Are these games always about playing with limited info? I thought our powers would give us a bit more detective power.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Pretty much, when you're Town the aim is pretty much to race for information without getting horribly murdered by wolves and non.

Of course for wolves it's different: you need to hide while horribly murdering your hunters. Though even them benefit from information gathering, since there can be town roles that are more dangerous then the others.

- - - Updated - - -

And of course some of us do have detective powers- all of us, depending on the situation.

For example, there was no kill last night- it could mean that the target got protected or that the killer got blocked. This means that the blocker can watch out for who they blocked, same thing for the protector.

I know that with this logic Snow might be one of the killers, but I'm not throwing an accusation on account of the fact that I expect her to be smarter then to auto-accuse herself if she's wolf. As Town it could actually be a good move, I think.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

I agree with Valmark that Caerulea doesn't seem like a wolf, so I'll vote for DukeGod. There is so little info that it is hard to know what to make of anything, but lack of information always works out better for the wolves.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Say, rogue_alchemist, why are you voting for DukeGod? From what I know people are voting for DukeGod because they could have covered for Caerulea on the first day. In theory, not suspecting Caerulea is not suspecting Duke.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Thank you for replying JoyWonderLove. And yes, part of the game as villagers is to start with almost no info, and gain more overtime. Due to shenanigans, we are, unfortunately, a bit behind the curve as far as info gathering goes (normally at this point we would be picking apart the D1 results trying to infer things based off of the results of the lynch and the night kill).

Continuing on with the attempts to get everyone participating, Party Of Rogues, will you please speak up? (I'm not piling onto DukeGod right now, since that seems to be fairly well covered, and I'm interested in getting our quieter players to speak up and say something incriminating something insightful.)
    Last edited by kgato503; 2020-02-29 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Grammar

22. - Top - End - #82

Remember, day ends in a few hours. I will likely end early if I don't hear from anyone else. Cast your votes if you have any.

Edit:
    A little early. Within an hour of the deadline. Just because then I can go to sleep.
    Last edited by gac3; 2020-03-02 at 03:13 AM.

23. - Top - End - #83

The votes are pretty one sided and the day is almost over. Several votes would need to suddenly change to affect the outcome so I'm calling it so I can go to bed.

The vast majority of you turn your attention to Dukegod who tries to fight his way out of things but a group of you manage to defeat him. During the subduing of dukegod, there are two more bright flashes of white light. In the process, his strange sunglasses fall to the ground and a single beam of red light blasts from his now vacant eyes. Dukegod was Cyclops, Town.

Spoiler: Cyclops
    Show
    Each night you may choose one person to target with your optic blasts. You may choose to set your intensity to stun or kill. If you stun someone, they will not be able to act that night phase.
    You have a visor which allows for this control.

Spoiler: Valid Vote Count
    Show

DukeGod: 4
    Caerulea: 1
    RogueAlchemist: 1
    PartyofRogues: 1

Day 2 Ends. Night 2 Begins
    Last edited by gac3; 2020-03-02 at 01:30 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Not that it changes something, but there were two votes on Caerulea- AvatarVecna and Godzillarich.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

The night is almost as full of excitement as the day. There is a bright flash of red and white and the smell of sulfer in the air but outside of some people rubbing their heads, everyone seems to have made it through the night unscathed. There are nobodies to be found.
    In the process, his strange sunglasses fall to the ground and a single beam of red light blasts from his now vacant eyes. Dukegod was Cyclops, Town.
    So Night 1, we found out there was a flash of red, a flash of white, and a smell of sulfur.
    Red light was probably Cyclops stunning somebody, given Cyclops' flavor.
    The smell of sulfur was probably Nightcrawler, given flavor text from the opening post.
    And white light probably means some third power activated.

I've heard it's bad for us to discuss too many details during the Night, since intel gained during the night is of more use to wolves than town. Hence, I won't speculate on the implications of the above. But I wanted to state it in case the wolves target me tonight. And, well, because I'm a bit bored and enjoy chatter here even if I know it's bad for me.

By the way, on the 72-hr day, 48-hr night: since I think literally nothing happened on the forum during the last 24 hours of the day, I recommend moving to 48/48. Maybe some folk benefited from the extra time in their QuickTopics, but it seemed to just prolong the game unnecessarily.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Red light was probably Cyclops stunning somebody, given Cyclops' flavor.
    I was the one stunned, if anyone wonders. Although that should be kind of obvious.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

My first thought was "So that's who roleblocked Snowblaze". Good thing they didn't go hard on you (assuming you are Town- if you are Wolf then too bad).

Also, this just blew my mind. I figured that red light etc. Was just flavor text, not that it was actually connected to how the power would be expressed. I guess it means that some powers don't have visual effects, or a lot of people didn't use their power/have passive powers.

Also also, I second Jeen- the 72 hours were kind of needless, though I don't know if it was just this time or if others actually made good use of them.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

FYI to new players: night chat tends to quieter than day chat, at least after the first couple Day phases. I've been told that is because, while everyone is picking night actions at Night, only the wolves have the additional kill.
    Thus, it indirectly helps the wolves if we generate intel during the night. So Town should wait until the Day starts to give any important insights. At least, that seems to be the going theory and consensus.

On the other hand, it can be worthwhile to share important intel during the night if you feel you might get Night-killed. Or you can share something pretty useless and/or obvious (like I did) if you feel like writing something.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JoyWonderLove View Post
    She stepped, alone
    Hunting mortal gods so curious
    Never at home
    On this note, I'm STILL trying to understand if this was a quote or if you wrote it out of your own... Uh... Imagination? I'm not sure which is the correct expression in english.

...of course I mean the original sentence, I know the one up here is me quoting WonderLove. Specifying 'cause I'm the kind of person that would make a joke like this :p

30. - Top - End - #90

Fixed a few things with the end of day post. Minor things but just for the record I did edit it.

Second: I agree about nothing happening the last 24 hours. So if anybody has good reason to stick with 72, feel free to express it. Otherwise, if everyone is fine we will return to 48/48 as it has been more vocally preferred.