Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 184

Thread: X-Mafia

  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: X-Mafia

    Ignore this. Accidental double post.
    Last edited by gac3; 2020-03-06 at 07:20 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: X-Mafia

    Quickly the mansion was split into too camps but the group going after Godzillarich was quicker. He puts up a valiant fight but is quickly defeated. As you stare at the defeated blue elf, you suddenly remember hat he is Nightcrawler. As you all head to bed there is a flash of white light.

    Spoiler: Nightcrawler
    Show
    Each night you may select one character to visit. That character receive's the message, "You smell sulfur and brimstone. You turn around to discover Nightcrawler is Godzillarich." What you do from there is up to you two.
    You also are not detected by a follower role



    Day 3 End, Night 3 Begin

    Spoiler: Votes
    Show

    Godzillarich: 3
    RogueAlchemist: 3
    Party of Rogues: 1

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: X-Mafia

    Not cool, dudes.

    So, of those who didn't vote or change their vote, why? Obviously the innocent answer is "I was away from keyboard", but if you have any more reasoning/defenses, please share. Keep in mind a Townie might have a 1-use kill power they're itching to use, and you all look like targets.
    I'm guessing that MacJoe and PartyOfRouges are inactive.
    So: Caerulea, kgato, JoyWonderLove: what's up?

    rogue_alchemist: it makes sense for you not to have moved your vote out of self-defense, obviously. AV and I think you're a wolf, probably more do now that we see Godzillarich is Town. If you have anything more to say in self-defense, let us know.

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: X-Mafia

    I was going to wait to see if anyone else wrote something first, but... guess it's a normal quiet Night.

    So, in case I get night-killed, here's my analysis for those who survive the Night. I'm trying to be impartial towards myself, but obviously you probably want to take my analysis of JeenLeen with a grain of salt

    ANALYSIS ON FOLK
    JeenLeen: defended Nightcrawler, seems strongly Town
    AvatarVecna: claimed seer, defended Nightcrawler, seems strongly Town
    Caerulea: accused as suspicious by AV, almost lynched one Day but saved & Town died, no vote last Day when could have saved Godzillarich. Fairly wolfish feel.
    JoyWonderLove: somewhat quiet, his vote shift saved Caerulea one Day, voted for Godzillarich & didn't change vote despite seeming active. Strongly wolfish read.
    NOTE: if Caerulea or JoyWonderLove are wolf, the other looks a LOT more wolfish
    Snowblaze: no real evidence either way. Neutral read.
    kgato: been quiet, but voting to push for intel (Townish). The only thing that seem suspicious is that his vote stayed on Godzillarich. Would be neutral if not for that, but now wolfish
    rogue_alchemist: overall has had a neutral feel, slightly Town. But accused by a seer as Magneto, and protected by strange voting the last Day. Thus, strongly wolf.

    Conclusions
    So my top suspects are rogue_alchemist and JoyWonderLove.
    If JoyWonderLove is wolf, I think Caerulea is also wolf.

    If there are 3 wolves, I reckon: rogue_alchemist, JoyWonderLove, and Caerulea.
    If 4: add kgato. His not-changing-this-vote looks like an innocent timing thing, but could be a wolfish ploy. Though it could be someone else; we could even have an inactive wolf.

    I have PMed JoyWonderLove something to test his Townishness. Not a perfect test, but a Night action use that might prove he's Town. I've shared what the test is with AvatarVecna; once the Day starts, she or I can confirm if he passed the test or not.

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: X-Mafia

    My vote was purely self-preservation. Could I have changed it I would have. I agree with the analysis presented, but I am colossus not magneto. Don't know why that would happen. The seer thing makes sense with the data we have, so likely his power got subverted somehow when looking at me. My power was stolen previous night as others have guessed as I was told "sorry about this suggah" and then didn't get to act. Then she died of being crushed anyways, so maybe that is why I read weird. Do what you will with this info.

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: X-Mafia

    Has anyone had their power redirected or otherwise interferred with? Not that it was stolen (a la Rogue) or voided, but it still worked just on the wrong target?

    OR you suspect maybe it worked but on the wrong target, but aren't sure?
    I'm re-evaluating some intel my night power presumably gave me, and, well, any answers might help.

    ---

    I know AV claimed this when talking about targeting Caerulea, but I'd like other confirmation.

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: X-Mafia

    Reminder to try to act in the next hour if you have not yet.

    - - - Updated - - -

    In the night you hear a gunshot. You all rush out to find Caerulea with a bullet in the back of their head. As you grieve, the bullet slowly slides out and Caerulea wakes up. There is a flash of white light. Then suddenly you hear a scream “I can’t do this anymore. All my students dying around me.” You all run in to see MacJoe comatose in their wheelchair. They were Professor X.

    Spoiler: Professor X
    Show
    MacJoe decided to leave the game formally.
    Professor X: You have the ability to scry one player each night. You will receive the result: X-Man, Brotherhood, or Interference. Interference could be another telepath or something could be blocking your power.


    Night 3 End. Day 4 Begin.

    Spoiler: Remaining Players
    Show

    1. Avatar Vecna
    2. Caerulea
    3. Jeen Leen
    4. JoyWonderLove
    5. Kgato530
    6. Part of Rogues
    7. Rogue Alchemist
    8. Snowblaze

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: X-Mafia

    Well. This is... interesting.

    Spoiler: Day Three Vote Count
    Show

    Godzillarich 3 (kgato503, JoyWonderLove, rogue_alchemist)
    rogue_alchemist 3 (AvatarVecna, JeenLeen, Snowblaze
    PartyOfRouges 1 (Godzillarich)
    Didn’t post: Caerulea, MacJoe, PartyOfRouges


    So Caerulea survived a nightkill (presumably?) and AV lied about being the seer... but did they lie about rogue_alchemist being Magneto?

    Withholding my vote until I see what they have to say.
    Cleric of the Random Number God. All hail RNGesus!

    Never played D&D and perpetually clueless in Werewolf/Mafia.

    Werewolf games won: 5 (as town, wolf, evil mutant, town again and Russian spy. Don't ask.)

    Werewolf games lost: 1 (as survivor)

    Number of deaths: 2 ( horribly murdered by Valmark, Xihirli and Lord Athos for no particular reason night one; killed night two for being the Seer) and now I have to get rid of all my lovely white text. Damn you, wolves!

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: X-Mafia

    I had been pretty suspicious of Caerulea earlier, but it seems she is Wolverine. So Town.

    With JoyWonderLove: JoyWonderLove said he couldn't pass the test I proposed. That is, his power set didn't allow him to do what I asked. But, out of desperation, and since he was supporting/protecting Caerulea one Day, I'm believing he's Town, at least for now.

    Still voting for rogue_alchemist.
    To those of you who are suspicious of AV's claim about him, I'm Gambit. I pickpocketed a nice helmet off of rogue_alchemist that seems to do some sort of mind protection. That is, I'm pretty sure I lifted Magneto's helmet from him and, thus, he's Magneto. Not a 100% guarantee, but close.

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Here or there

    Default Re: X-Mafia

    Okay, now that we are out of the Night phase (sorry, I try to not post much during the latter nights).

    Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    kgato: been quiet, but voting to push for intel (Townish). The only thing that seem suspicious is that his vote stayed on Godzillarich. Would be neutral if not for that, but now wolfish
    I wouldn’t exactly say I have been quiet. . Unfortunately, we have had an under abundance of luck in information gathering, so I haven’t had much to contribute. What I have had, I have posted. Mostly, I have been having problems getting a read on wolfish/townie feels.

    As for my vote on Godzillarich, I was very clear that I was trying to get them to post more, and that my vote would most likely change once they did. On top of that, I found it odd that they were outed and did not respond. At the time I was wondering if it was a wolf ploy of some sort. While rouge_alchemist did not have a second player really vouching for them, they have been participating more than Godzillarich. Also, in the grand scheme of things, saving our potential baner (Colossus claim) takes precedent over saving a potential networker (Nightcrawler) (no offence Godzillarich). While Avatar Vecna claims to have scried both parties, they have also been caught lying/misrepresenting facts twice in D3 (previous experience leads me to be highly suspect of this kind of thing, to say nothing of being highly suspect of Avatar Vecna in general). So, yeah, between the lack of posts, no attempt to actually save themselves, and Avatar Vecna vouching for them, I decided to just leave my vote where it was.

    My current analysis (for those interested):
    Avatar Vecna: Wolf lean. Has lied/spread misinformation (note, I understand mistakes happen, however, at least one of those instances was not acknowledged by Avatar Vecna, which is another wolf ding to me). Seems to have claimed seer with vote manipulation as well? That seems a little OP. Epecially with the reveal of MacJoe as Professor X.
    Caerulea: Slight Wolf lean before this, now strong Town lean. I tend to be suspicious of experienced players who suddenly go quiet (no D3 vote or post), but there are very few mutants that could survive a bullet to the head like that (maybe Sabertooth, who is not named in the roles list).
    Jeen Leen: Town lean. Active, with mostly helpful posts, and made a genuine attempt to save a known (to them) X-man. Seems to be trusting of Avatar Vecna (possibly wolfish), but that could just be them being duped. Claims Gambit, and that they picked up a suspicious helmet from rouge_alchemist.
    JoyWonderLove: Town lean. Again, active with relatively helpful posts
    kgato503. Town.
    Party of Rogues: ??? Has not posted enough. Did not vote D2 or D3.
    Rogue_alchemist: Town lean? Claims Colossus. Pleading for life seemed genuine to me. Somewhat active. Although, if that info is true about the helmet, that isn't good.
    Snowblaze: Slight wolf lean. Has been fairly active, but most of their posts don’t have a lot of meat to them. Has provided some helpful number crunching, but I could also see a wolf doing that.

    So, yeah. Right the strongest wolf vibe I have is from Avatar Vecna. Something just doesn't feel right about voting for rogue_alchemist (then again, knowing mytack record when it comes to instincts, I could be way off).

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: X-Mafia

    Sorry for not posting that much analysis - there wasn't much to analyse on day one or two, and then I guess I agreed with most of the other analysis that has been posted.

    Let's see if I can fix that problem: here's my attempt at finding wolves.

    It seems reasonable to assume that either AvatarVecna or rogue_alchemist is a wolf - AV lied about being the seer and claimed ra is a wolf, and the only reason I can think of for falsely claiming that without being certain ra is a wolf is that you're a lying wolf yourself.

    So: if, hypothetically, AV is a lying wolf, who could also be a wolf? JeenLeen seems almost too obvious in this scenario, but certainly possible... AV hasn't really been incredibly active so it's hard to get a read on their interactions. At a guess, I'd say maybe a potential wolf team of AV, JeenLeen, PartyOfRouges?

    If rogue_alchemist is a lying wolf, then the other wolves are almost certainly those who failed to switch from Godzillarich to rogue_alchemist: that's kgato503 and JoyWonderLove.

    Caerulea is almost certainly town, what with surviving a night-kill when I'm fairly sure there's no non-wolf nightkillers out there. And obviously I know I'm town.

    So, considering if we choose wrong today we probably lose, we have to work out which set of wolves is most likely, and that basically becomes the AV-rogue_alchemist debate.

    rogue_alchemist has defended themselves already, but I'm still waiting on AvatarVecna. There's a good chance I'll change my vote, but some pressure will hopefully help us get some answers.
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2020-03-08 at 10:29 AM.
    Cleric of the Random Number God. All hail RNGesus!

    Never played D&D and perpetually clueless in Werewolf/Mafia.

    Werewolf games won: 5 (as town, wolf, evil mutant, town again and Russian spy. Don't ask.)

    Werewolf games lost: 1 (as survivor)

    Number of deaths: 2 ( horribly murdered by Valmark, Xihirli and Lord Athos for no particular reason night one; killed night two for being the Seer) and now I have to get rid of all my lovely white text. Damn you, wolves!

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: X-Mafia

    Full disclosure, I have no seer power, but I was contacted by one. I put out a claim once we'd gotten our heads together, partially because Godzillarich's head was on the line and I knew they were town 100%. Y'all lynched him anyway. And now apparently defending somebody that you now knowI knew was 100% town is good evidence I should be lynched? What?

    The claim is real even if I'm just a proxy. The thing about my reveal to Caerulea did actually happen, and while I.can't show the messate about my power getting redirected to Caerulea (since that happened in my private chat with gac3), that happened too. I don't know if Caerulea is a wolf for sure or not but they've offered no private explanation since I publicly revealed this information and the silence isn't exactly doing a lot to clear their name in my mind.

    And despite this betrayal of trust that I'm 90% sure was targeted at me by them, Caerulea is still a distant second pf who I want to see hang today, because we have a freaking seer claim. There's even now a neutral pseudo-ecry backing that up! And still you refuse to test it. I put my neck on the line yesterday on behalf of two townies - one to try and save them from the lynch, one to try and save them from a nightkill...and still I'm suspected.

    Do the right thing and lynch rogue_alchemist, to test the information if nothing else.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2020-03-08 at 10:27 AM.


    Currently Recruiting: Beware Of Bites!

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: X-Mafia

    I was mainly voting for you because you lied about being the seer. Until further information, rogue_alchemist. You’d better be telling the truth, though, because otherwise we’re screwed.
    Cleric of the Random Number God. All hail RNGesus!

    Never played D&D and perpetually clueless in Werewolf/Mafia.

    Werewolf games won: 5 (as town, wolf, evil mutant, town again and Russian spy. Don't ask.)

    Werewolf games lost: 1 (as survivor)

    Number of deaths: 2 ( horribly murdered by Valmark, Xihirli and Lord Athos for no particular reason night one; killed night two for being the Seer) and now I have to get rid of all my lovely white text. Damn you, wolves!

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: X-Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    I was mainly voting for you because you lied about being the seer. Until further information, rogue_alchemist. You’d better be telling the truth, though, because otherwise we’re screwed.
    We might be screwed even though I'm telling the truth. But screwed or not, I refuse to not test the scry out of principle. This is a 13 player game, we're down 4 players...all townies. There's probably 1 neutral (more maybe but...eh), so we're maybe looking at 5 town/1 neutral/3 wolves. Today might very well be Lynch-Or-Lose.

    Also it's a minor point, but claiming seer as townie is a common move - acting as a proxy for the real seer, so that town can test scries without the seer having to stand up and claim (and potentially immediately die).


    Currently Recruiting: Beware Of Bites!

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: X-Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    I had been pretty suspicious of Caerulea earlier, but it seems she is Wolverine. So Town.
    I still think it's probable that Caerulea is Wolverine, but I realized my certainty was unfounded.
    She could be some other mutant with a regenerative ability. Mr. Sinister comes to mind. He's not usually part of Brotherhood, but he could be a wolf-sided neutral.

    I still think it's best to vote for rogue_alchemist today and test what both AV and I have discovered.

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: X-Mafia

    I understand wanting to prevent another townie lynching by jumping on me, but as I am colossus, it will end badly. I tried to use my powers last night, but they got subverted to MacJoe instead. I don't quite understand the evidence that makes me Magneto, and I am wondering if whoever tried to look at PartyofRogues instead of me and got mixed up on which rogue they were accusing. But if there is a secondary wolf option, I would say let's all vote (me included) for them. Hopefully we actually find a wolf and me voting for him will prove I am on town side. I can't offer much information on analysis, because I am still trying to see the webs people are weaving and having to untangle roles in the game from forums names from how they have been acting is not yet easy for me.

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: X-Mafia

    I'd like to apologize, my count was off earlier. We're down five townies, not four, that's my bad. That has us at eight players today, with 2-3 wolves (because if it was 4 wolves, the game would be over), and maybe one neutral? So we're looking at 4-1-3 or 5-1-2 or maybe 4-2-2 if there's a second neutral floating around.

    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    I understand wanting to prevent another townie lynching by jumping on me, but as I am colossus, it will end badly. I tried to use my powers last night, but they got subverted to MacJoe instead. I don't quite understand the evidence that makes me Magneto, and I am wondering if whoever tried to look at PartyofRogues instead of me and got mixed up on which rogue they were accusing. But if there is a secondary wolf option, I would say let's all vote (me included) for them. Hopefully we actually find a wolf and me voting for him will prove I am on town side. I can't offer much information on analysis, because I am still trying to see the webs people are weaving and having to untangle roles in the game from forums names from how they have been acting is not yet easy for me.
    Your argument is that people got the name messed up? Weak sauce, man. I've got two separate claims to the effect - one private and one public. We'd have to be absurdly unlucky for both of them to have gotten redirected or misread in some fashion. But I've got...an idea. Will PM you about details.


    Currently Recruiting: Beware Of Bites!

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Here or there

    Default Re: X-Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    I understand wanting to prevent another townie lynching by jumping on me, but as I am colossus, it will end badly. I tried to use my powers last night, but they got subverted to MacJoe instead. I don't quite understand the evidence that makes me Magneto, and I am wondering if whoever tried to look at PartyofRogues instead of me and got mixed up on which rogue they were accusing. But if there is a secondary wolf option, I would say let's all vote (me included) for them. Hopefully we actually find a wolf and me voting for him will prove I am on town side. I can't offer much information on analysis, because I am still trying to see the webs people are weaving and having to untangle roles in the game from forums names from how they have been acting is not yet easy for me.
    Right now the only other person with a vote on them is Avatar Vecna. Caerulea, JoyWonderLove, PartyOfRogues, and rogue_alchemist (aka you) have not voted.

    Current vote:
    rogue_alchemist (3): JeenLeen, Avatar Vecna, Snowblaze
    Avatar Vecna (1): kgato503

    So, on the one hand, we have someone advocating to kill someone to validate some information, which, worse case scenario, results in us loosing our baner and most likely leads do our loss. On the other hand, we have someone who claims to be our baner, but someone else claims is a wolf. They don't seem to care who we kill, as long as it isn't them. If we kill someone else (provided we don't hit the "real" baner), we might just survive to another day (provided we somehow get really lucky, admittedly).

    To me, it seems way too risky to kill rogue_alchemist, and I still stand that Avatar Vecna feels wolfish to me (something about the way they are pushing for this is tipping off my spidy-senses (yes, I know, wrong franchise )). I'll keep my vote where it is for now.

    LoveWonderJoy, you have been fairly active. Any thoughts?

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: X-Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    I understand wanting to prevent another townie lynching by jumping on me, but as I am colossus, it will end badly. I tried to use my powers last night, but they got subverted to MacJoe instead. I don't quite understand the evidence that makes me Magneto, and I am wondering if whoever tried to look at PartyofRogues instead of me and got mixed up on which rogue they were accusing. But if there is a secondary wolf option, I would say let's all vote (me included) for them. Hopefully we actually find a wolf and me voting for him will prove I am on town side. I can't offer much information on analysis, because I am still trying to see the webs people are weaving and having to untangle roles in the game from forums names from how they have been acting is not yet easy for me.
    Don’t worry, I’m struggling too. This stuff is tricky, particularly when one wrong choice means game over.

    But your analysis doesn’t in any way convince me that you’re innocent. Firstly there isn’t anyone I can see who’s more likely than you to be a wolf: voting for someone else just makes it more likely for us to lose.

    Secondly, voting for a wolf doesn’t by any stretch of the imagination make you confirmed town. It’s rare, yes, but wolves will vote for other wolves to gain town credit.


    Points in your favour, because there are some:

    You’re the uncounterclaimed baner. This doesn’t prove anything, but it does seem likely that town would have a baner. On the other hand one of the inactives could be Colossus.

    Your defence involving PartyOfRouges actually seems more “why am I being accused when I’m innocent” than “desperate wolf trying anything to get out of being lynched” to me... but it could be the latter as well.

    So... yeah, I don’t think you’re definitely a wolf but you’re the most likely wolf I can see.
    Cleric of the Random Number God. All hail RNGesus!

    Never played D&D and perpetually clueless in Werewolf/Mafia.

    Werewolf games won: 5 (as town, wolf, evil mutant, town again and Russian spy. Don't ask.)

    Werewolf games lost: 1 (as survivor)

    Number of deaths: 2 ( horribly murdered by Valmark, Xihirli and Lord Athos for no particular reason night one; killed night two for being the Seer) and now I have to get rid of all my lovely white text. Damn you, wolves!

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: X-Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I'd like to apologize, my count was off earlier. We're down five townies, not four, that's my bad. That has us at eight players today, with 2-3 wolves (because if it was 4 wolves, the game would be over), and maybe one neutral? So we're looking at 4-1-3 or 5-1-2 or maybe 4-2-2 if there's a second neutral floating around.

    Your argument is that people got the name messed up? Weak sauce, man. I've got two separate claims to the effect - one private and one public. We'd have to be absurdly unlucky for both of them to have gotten redirected or misread in some fashion. But I've got...an idea. Will PM you about details.
    I understand the argument is weak, just trying to cover all contingencies. I know I am town and don't know where the claim I'm magneto is coming from. Something people need to consider is both "sources" of information are coming from you, so when I get lynched and proved to be town you will be the obvious wolf choice, but I think after I get lynched that it will be pretty much game over anyways, so there is that. As such, I will have to vote for AvatarVecna

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: X-Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    I don't quite understand the evidence that makes me Magneto, and I am wondering if whoever tried to look at PartyofRogues instead of me and got mixed up on which rogue they were accusing.
    I double-checked and can confirm it was you that I tried to target. I do admit my pickpocket ability isn't 100% and there does seem to be some mutant around who can do something screwy with powers (like a redirector or some sort of strange-mechanic voider), so I'm not 100% sure that my ability worked as it should have.

    But I'm not the only evidence against you, either, and it definitely seems like the pickpocket went through.

    ---

    In case there is a shift for a secondary option:
    • If AvatarVecna is a wolf, they played me seriously hard. Including working with me to save Godzillarich. (I was honest that he targeted me N1, by the way.) While that is possible -- and kudos to her if it's the case, for a game awesomely played -- I think she's town. I can't see the wolves wanting to keep a networker like Godzillarich around.
    • Caerula's death-avoidance last night makes me think they are Wolverine, but the more I think about it the less certain I am. Someone could have somehow given them that power or it's just something that looks like Wolverine. They have been a bit suspicious, but might be inactive now. JoyWonderLove, I know you said in PM, but would you restate what you told me about their night action last night?
    • JoyWonderLove seems suspicious in the sense of not moving his vote off Godzillarich and "if Caerulea is wolf, JoyWonderLove is probably wolf" (and vice-versa.) But I've networked with him and his statements are consistent with town.
    • I'm still a tad leery of kgato503 for not moving his vote off Godzillarich, but he's defended himself well. If rogue_alchemist is a wolf, though, I think his pushing for a vote on AvatarVecna really condemns him as a wolf trying to save his ally (and get the townie AV lynched). That is, right now I think he's probably Town, with the caveat of "if rogue_alchemist is confirmed wolf (or AvatarVecna confirmed Town), he looks really wolfish"


    So right now none of the above as strongly wolf as rogue_alchemist. rogue_alchemist has some claims against him. Even if they are due to powers being manipulated, or a wolf spreading lies, I think it's best to test it by keeping the vote on him so that we can ferret out who might be spreading wolfish lies. That should let us ferret out the other wolves one way or another.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Curious thing: Prof X's power said they get X-Men, Brotherhood, or Interference. But no possibly of reading someone as Neutral. So either the Neutrals in play have an interference power built into them, or there are no neutrals.

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: X-Mafia

    VOTE COUNT
    rogue_alchemist 3 (JeenLeen, AvatarVecna, Snowblaze)
    AvatarVecna 2 (kgato503, rogue_alchemist)

    Of the active players, that leaves JoyWonderLove and maybe Caerulea.

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: X-Mafia

    I think lynching me (and me being town as you'll see) will put the blame onto AV as wolf (if they don't outright win). So AV had PMed me privately to ask for more info to use, but I want to post it here as well so the actual town has it just in case.

    I can't give you any information other than what didn't happen. I tried to protect Caerulea night 1. I didn't get any feedback until I asked gac3 what happened and he corrected it to "your night was uneventful". I protected SnowBlaze night 2, but got jacked by Valmark who ended up being crushed. Only feedback I got was that I heard "sorry about this sugah" and woke up the next morning having missed my opportunity to act. Then night 3 I tried to protect AvatarVecna, but the feedback I received is "You feel suddenly compelled to protect MACJOE instead".

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Oct 2019

    Lightbulb Re: X-Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by kgato503 View Post
    LoveWonderJoy, you have been fairly active. Any thoughts?


    Another night crawls,
    But nothing stirs from that room,
    Where is she?


    really the thing that keeps making me feel iffy, no one is talking about. but it won't be strong enough to change the vote. so only one person can change it right now. rogue, you're up.

    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    I think lynching me (and me being town as you'll see) will put the blame onto AV as wolf (if they don't outright win). So AV had PMed me privately to ask for more info to use, but I want to post it here as well so the actual town has it just in case.
    I can't save you with my vote, no matter what my feelings are (or aren't). But I can advise you how to save yourself.

    You have to go all in. PM or post a direct link between you and gca3. Do it here, or just send it exclusively to two people voting for you. Send the link with your actions. Yeah, it's going to suck that wolves will see your activities easily. But it's that and no one ever questions your townyness again, or we lose completely anyway. If you're telling the truth, you get to decide how the next vote goes.
    Last edited by JoyWonderLove; 2020-03-09 at 07:47 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: X-Mafia

    You are not allowed to send anyone a screenshot of your role PM. I came up with that idea last game and then realized why it's a bad idea after being shut down for suggesting it.

    This is a quote from the rules post. I realize now I should have been more specific. You are not allowed to directly share the QT I set up for you at the beginning of the game in any form until after the game is over.


    Edit: Allowing this would break the game. If sharing QTs from the GM is allowed then nothing stops people from doing so immediately to ferret out the wolves.
    Last edited by gac3; 2020-03-09 at 08:02 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: X-Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    You are not allowed to send anyone a screenshot of your role PM. I came up with that idea last game and then realized why it's a bad idea after being shut down for suggesting it.

    This is a quote from the rules post. I realize now I should have been more specific. You are not allowed to directly share the QT I set up for you at the beginning of the game in any form until after the game is over.
    This happened in a game years ago. One player basically PM'd every other player with something like "the only proof I've got of my town-ness is this link to a QT from the narrator saying as much". Game ended up restarting and a new rule was put in place. I should probably add something to that effect in the general rules for the main thread...


    Currently Recruiting: Beware Of Bites!

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Here or there

    Default Re: X-Mafia

    Yeah, that is a huge no-no (I think I actually remember that incident).

    Meanwhile, I noticed you (LoveWonderJoy) didn't vote? If you have some analysis to share, now would be the time. It sounds like you might think rogue_alchemist is telling the truth, so why not try and swing the vote to save them? If you have spotted something fishy, now would be a good time to share so we all can discuss (unless you feel it is riskier to share it?). There is still time left in the day.

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: X-Mafia

    Still very confused, the mansion turns it's attention to Rogue Alchemist. His protests that he was Colossus must have been lost in his thick Russian accent for it was only after the deed was done that the mansion remembered, who he was.

    Spoiler: Colossus
    Show

    Each night you may choose someone to protect from all night kills. If Magneto targets them however, the will still die.


    Spoiler: Vote Count
    Show

    Rogue Alchemist: 3
    Avatar Vecna: 2


    So technically, by my calculations, there is a way town can win as things stand. More specifically, a single way they will not lose tonight. So I'm goin to leave it up to them. If at least two town people post in the QT saying they are wanting to call the game, we will call it. But until then...

    Day 4 End, Night 4 Begins


  29. - Top - End - #149
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: X-Mafia

    Well. Sorry, rogue_alchemist.

    This is going to end in a wolf victory, but I’m not quitting while there’s still hope. Anyone have any powers they can use tonight that could block a kill?

    Don’t answer publicly, whatever plan we can come up with will fail if the wolves know about it!
    Cleric of the Random Number God. All hail RNGesus!

    Never played D&D and perpetually clueless in Werewolf/Mafia.

    Werewolf games won: 5 (as town, wolf, evil mutant, town again and Russian spy. Don't ask.)

    Werewolf games lost: 1 (as survivor)

    Number of deaths: 2 ( horribly murdered by Valmark, Xihirli and Lord Athos for no particular reason night one; killed night two for being the Seer) and now I have to get rid of all my lovely white text. Damn you, wolves!

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014

    Default Re: X-Mafia

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Well. Sorry, rogue_alchemist.

    This is going to end in a wolf victory, but I’m not quitting while there’s still hope. Anyone have any powers they can use tonight that could block a kill?

    Don’t answer publicly, whatever plan we can come up with will fail if the wolves know about it!
    Yes and no. Too little, too late.

    EDIT: It'd just be a double-guess anyway, probably not worth trying.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2020-03-10 at 05:03 AM.


    Currently Recruiting: Beware Of Bites!

    Avatar by AsteriskAmp

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •