New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: X-Mafia

1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: X-Mafia

Actually I lied. Avatar Vecna was crucial to towns victory at this point and they agreed to call it. So we shall call this a victory for the wolves.

The mansion had finally been defeated, with the brotherhood of evil mutants finally winning their victory. The brotherhood were Kgato503, jeenleen and snowblaze.

Congratulations to the wolves. On the other hand I'm sorry Town because it seemed like your biggest hinderance was inactive players.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Actually I lied. Avatar Vecna was crucial to towns victory at this point and they agreed to call it. So we shall call this a victory for the wolves.

The mansion had finally been defeated, with the brotherhood of evil mutants finally winning their victory. The brotherhood were Kgato503, jeenleen and snowblaze.

Congratulations to the wolves. On the other hand I'm sorry Town because it seemed like your biggest hinderance was inactive players.
    I figured out kgato and suspected jeenleen a bit but had no idea who the third was. Immediately after posting I was fine calling it, I realized there was maybe something I could do, but it basically required meta-gaming based on the narrator hint at the game-state.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

For those wondering the victory condition would have required Caerulea (Wolverine) to choose to protect the wolf target, Avatar Vecna to either cancel a wolf vote or add a vote to town. And for town to then lunch the proper people

Also, all dead or alive people may speak freely now. I will answer any questions.
    Last edited by gac3; 2020-03-10 at 05:16 AM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

For those wondering the victory condition would have required Caerulea (Wolverine) to choose to protect the wolf target, Avatar Vecna to either cancel a wolf vote or add a vote to town. And for town to then lunch the proper people

Also, all dead or alive people may speak freely now. I will answer any questions.
    I'd like to know who everyone was, and the details of unrevealed powers, if that's alright.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

:D

I have to ask: after I admitted to being roleblocked, how did I manage to not get lynched day two? Because I was expecting to be heavily bandwagoned.

Also I am very bad at killing people, apparently. I didn't get a single useful result out of my night action all game.

I definitely feel a bit sorry for the town in this - when half the active, analysing town are wolves there isn't really much you can do.

Oh, and I was Mystique: I could disguise myself as another player (AV, I every night) and follow someone if I chose not to kill. The one time I did that, I chose the player immune to being followed.

I really want to know exactly what AV could do.
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2020-03-10 at 05:23 AM.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I'd like to know who everyone was, and the details of unrevealed powers, if that's alright.
    You know the dead. So

Spoiler: Wolves
    Show
    Kgato530 is Magneto. Snowblaze is Mistique. JeenLeen is Emma Frost.

Magento: You are the master of Magnetism. No one has better control over metal. You are going to use that to make quick work of this mess.

Each night you may target one person and detect if they have metal on them. This marks them as Wolverine or Colossus or Professor X. You may instead of course, choose to just kill your target. You have a helmet making you immune to mental powers.

Mystique: Between your training and powers, this is no problem. You have always been a master infiltrator. Now it's your chance to use those skills and disguise your self as a familiar face.

Each night you may choose one person to take their form. Any detection powers other than Prof. X will detect you as that person for the rest of the night. You may also choose one target to follow. This allows you to know who they visit during the night. You may, of course, choose to kill this target instead.

Emma Frost: It's time to show Xavier that you are a telepath on par with even his greatness. Even with the interference your telepathy and diamond form should be more than enough to get the job done.

Each night you may choose one person whom you take control of the mind of and may choose their target for the night. If you and Prof. X target the same person, your power will fail. You may instead choose to turn to diamond. In this form you may perform a night kill and are immune to Prof. X's power.

Spoiler: Town
    Show
    Caerulea- Wolverine Can "stake out" or protect. Immune to a single mom magneto kill.
    Avatar Vecna - Magik - Time portals. Could grant someone an extra action/vote the following phase or Rob them of their ability to act/get targeted the following phase. (This was my most expiremental one that made it in, hence giving it to AV)
    JoyWonderLove - Shadowcat - Follower. Immune to actions performed by their target.
    PartyOfRogues - Gambit - Can steal certain things from other players and use them. Knows Valmark is Rogue and Town.

I can give the exact text if needed, it will just take longer.

Sorry if roles were weird or unbalanced. I probably should have played a few more before I volunteered to run one but I had thought people volunteering to run them was rare based on some things said when I started
    Last edited by gac3; 2020-03-10 at 05:31 AM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

mom magneto kill
    Rule 63 in play?

My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Rule 63 in play?
    Lol yep. Exactly.

Should say non.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    I really want to know exactly what AV could do.
    Quoting...

Quote Originally Posted by gac3
    You have the power of stepping disks. You may transport people through time and space. You may target one person to send either forward/backward with your stepping disk. Sending them forward in time means they skip the next phase entirely. So if you select someone during the day for this, they can neither use their powers nor be targeted the following night. If used during the night, the target will vanish and not be able to vote for or get lynched the following day phase. You may instead choose to send someone back in time, allowing them either an additional vote or an additional use of their power in the following phase.
    Your power is usable during the day phase or night phase but may only use it once per day/night phase. So you may use it on day 1 or night 2 and then again on day 2 or night 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by AV
    Assuming I've understood correctly, I get one use during (Day/Night) 1, (Day/Night) 2, (Day/Night) 3, and so on. I couldn't use it on both Day 1 and Night 1, but I could use it on Night 1 and Day 2? And my options are as follows:

Day 1, backwards, gac3: gac3 gets an additional use of their power Night 2

Day 1, forwards, gac3: gac3 cannot use powers or be targeted by powers Night 1

Night 1, backwards, gac3: gac3 gets an additional vote Day 2

Night 1, forwards, gac3: gac3 cannot vote or be lynched Day 2

I will have more questions, but I want to make sure I'm understanding my options correctly before I continue.

My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Magik is one of my favorites but her power is weird. I may have gotten to into justifying powers based in fluff. But Magik only barely made it into the game. One fewer and I doubt she would have.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JoyWonderLove View Post
    Imagination. Not that it helped save you.
    I appreciate the thought e.e (yes, I waited all game to answer this)

Well, it's nice to see that the two people I trusted (even though Caerulea was a bluff) were actually Town all along. Makes my mistakes lighter :p

As soon as Jeen claimed Gambit I thought they were Wolf because I felt like that power didn't make sense. It's nice to see that I would have lynched a Wolf for the wrong reasons.

Something I don't understand: Night 2 I stole Alchemist (Colossus) power and used it on Caerulea. Then, as a result, "I stopped a diamond fist" and then got murdered by Magneto. Does that mean that the wolves could kill more then once each night? Or was the fluff meaning that they tried to dominate Caerulea?

12. - Top - End - #162
    Bugbear in the Playground

I also don't understand how I got associated with Magnetos hat? Can Gac3 answer that line of actions?

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

At first, we thought Valmark was Prof X.
    Then we were sure rogue_alchemist must be Prof X.
    Then, once he claimed Colossus, we thought it must have been Caerulea.

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    I appreciate the thought e.e (yes, I waited all game to answer this)

Well, it's nice to see that the two people I trusted (even though Caerulea was a bluff) were actually Town all along. Makes my mistakes lighter :p

As soon as Jeen claimed Gambit I thought they were Wolf because I felt like that power didn't make sense. It's nice to see that I would have lynched a Wolf for the wrong reasons.

Something I don't understand: Night 2 I stole Alchemist (Colossus) power and used it on Caerulea. Then, as a result, "I stopped a diamond fist" and then got murdered by Magneto. Does that mean that the wolves could kill more then once each night? Or was the fluff meaning that they tried to dominate Caerulea?
    I think that was me (Emma, in diamond form) trying to do a kill.
    Yeah--it was. AvatarVecna gave me an extra night action. So I used it to try to kill Caerulea. But we still had our basic night-kill (not extra action), so kgato used it on you.

But normally just 1 night-kill.
    This game was tricky in that Emma's power let me control someone, and if I got Cyclops, we could have gotten multiple kills. Or AV giving us extra actions.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    I also don't understand how I got associated with Magnetos hat? Can Gac3 answer that line of actions?
    That was a lie on my end. I laid the groundwork for a Town claim to AV early on in our communication, and decided Gambit sounds reasonable. I needed to accuse someone of wolfishness after she gave me multiple actions, and we figured you were Prof X.

If you turned out to be Prof X, I planned on saying I must've stolen Celebro-helm and gotten confused.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

That's simple, JeenLeen lied.

We figured, based on fluff, that Gambit's power was stealing stuff, and we (eventually) figured you were the baner (thus we wanted to kill you so you couldn't mess with our plans). So, JeenLeen lied and claimed to have stolen a certain incriminating helmet from you while false claiming as Gambit. AV backed up that claim by supporting JeenLeen (they had been in private communication most of the game), and that was pretty much that. Sorry.

Honestly, I think one of the biggest things that really messed town up is the jacking of the D1 vote. Not only did it set the town back a day in info gathering (while not really hurting the wolves), but it honestly left me distrusting the narrator a bit. May I kindly suggest not doing that again? Also, was there a particular reason you did things that way?
    Last edited by kgato503; 2020-03-10 at 08:19 AM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by kgato503 View Post
    Honestly, I think one of the biggest things that really messed town up is the jacking of the D1 vote. Not only did it set the town back a day in info gathering (while not really hurting the wolves), but it honestly left me distrusting the narrator a bit. May I kindly suggest not doing that again? Also, was there a particular reason you did things that way?
    gac3 did say he'd explain that after the game ended. Testing some theory, right?

I think it was less harmful than it potentially could have been since our night-kill got voided (by Cyclops) N1. So effectively nothing happened D1 or N1 besides some power uses. But that did let me network with AvatarVecna and (sorta) Godzillarich early on, laying the groundwork for future betrayals.

kgato, how do you think that hurt the Town? I figured it hurt us wolves more, since it set us back on a lynch on an active player. (Though that could have been balancing, due to the level of inactivity. This is more a topic for the main Mafia thread, but I wonder how to decrease inactivity rates.)

- - - Updated - - -

@JoyWonderLove: glad you joined a game and hope you enjoyed it. Hope no hard feelings on the deception, and see you in our In Nomine game.

Quote Originally Posted by AV quicktopic
    Hope you're a neutral so at least one of us gets a win out of this.
    And I was hoping the same to you. I almost asked if you were Neutral at one point and was considering revealing my Role/alignment. Until you put your neck on the line for Godzillarich, I wasn't sure you were Town.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Yeah, my guesses as to who was a power role were way out.

Questions: Valmark, who did you target night one? We redirected you to Caerulea so were convinced you were Professor X and had scried them. Did the network of you, Caerulea and rogue_alchemist actually exist after night one, or were you just guessing?

rogue_alchemist, what made you try to protect me night two? I'm kind of surprised you trusted me enough to do that.

On the day one lynch thing, I do feel like it benefited wolves more than town - if DukeGod had been lynched day one, JeenLeen and I would have come under some suspicion for our vote-switching late on and one of us would probably have died.

And finally, the reason I admitted to having been role-blocked was that I thought there was a could chance the voider would claim and say they blocked me, resulting in my death. Obviously I didn't realise the killer and voider had been combined into one role, making this less likely.

(edit): Oh yeah, I didn't break the forum. I planned to say that just before my death if I was lynched.
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2020-03-10 at 08:39 AM.

Extended Signature

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Question on Mystique's power
    Each night you may choose one person to take their form.
    How could this have activated?
    The followers seem to have been "follow X and see who they target (but not who targets them)", or was that just Shadowcat? Otherwise, I think it'd be something like "you targeted Snowblaze, but instead see AvatarVecna killing the person".

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Questions: Valmark, who did you target night one? We redirected you to Caerulea so were convinced you were Professor X and had scried them. Did the network of you, Caerulea and rogue_alchemist actually exist after night one, or were you just guessing?
    My target was already Caerulea- I was suspecting them and thought that seeing their power would give hints to what they were.

What network of me, Caerulea and Alchemist? After scrying with Caerulea"s power I was fairly sure Caerulea was Town, homewever when I did network with them the way they talked made me think they were Wolf. Guess my second gut feeling was correct. Never talked to Alchemist outside the IC. If you recall, I was suspicious of them because of their vote on Duke. I still don't get why they did vote for them.

If you mean the one who knew I was Town, it was PartyOfRogues and they never contacted me.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-03-10 at 09:36 AM.

19. - Top - End - #169

I was not in any network and had no clue what was going on for much of the game. I just picked people more or less at random from night to night. You had claimed a roll and I was trying to make sure the town staid alive, so I was trying to protect you in case the wolves decided to kill you for declaring, but it seems to have been misguided now. I think I have a little better grasp on how this plays out over the forum. Having 3 townies completely inactive and not giving feedback really hurt us.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

@Valmark: we thought the network existed. Apparently it didn’t.

@rogue_alchemist: technically I didn’t reveal my role, I just said I’d been blocked. Randomness and confusion is fine - I’m lucky to have been networked in some way in all my games so far.

Extended Signature

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Something that makes me laugh is that Snowblaze pretty much confessed when she said to have been roleblocked, but to me it felt so obvious that I didn't think it possible.

Next game my single objective will be to increase your death count, Snow <3

22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Something that makes me laugh is that Snowblaze pretty much confessed when she said to have been roleblocked, but to me it felt so obvious that I didn't think it possible.

Next game my single objective will be to increase your death count, Snow <3
    When my streak breaks I want it to be because people think my death will help them win, not just for the sake of it. I have no intention of dying without purpose.

Extended Signature

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

That's a challenge?

(Of course though, I'm neither that much of a jerk nor that much petty to hunt someone else down when there's not a reason)

(Well actually I *am* that much of a jerk, but that only applies to irl situations)
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-03-10 at 09:53 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I figure it's probably my due time to be the semi-random D1 lynch. I was planning on skipping the next game (real life busy between work and Lent), but maybe I'll join it to get the player count up and hope to die early.
    Reckon I'll be Town for that

...or maybe not. That's a pretty unfair attitude to whichever team I'm on. (But fear not: my enjoyment of these games would ensure I probably wind up trying to keep playing and win.)

25. - Top - End - #175

Will there be a post to the next game here as well or do I need to hunt it down and apply?

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

@AV: Why did you decide to claim Seer instead of just saying you were the proxy in the first place? Or were you not actually the proxy and just accusing rogue_alchemist based on discussion with JeenLeen? I'm super confused now. Granted, I've only been half paying attention this whole time, so maybe that's to be expected.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    @AV: Why did you decide to claim Seer instead of just saying you were the proxy in the first place? Or were you not actually the proxy and just accusing rogue_alchemist based on discussion with JeenLeen? I'm super confused now. Granted, I've only been half paying attention this whole time, so maybe that's to be expected.
    I'd like to hear AV's direct answer, but this is the answer from my perspective of working with AV.

I think we had a good trust built, and both knew who Godzillarich was. If AV was honest, he targeted her N2. I had said I had an idea who was Magneto, but wasn't sure. She pressed me for details in her claim, wanting to incriminate that person (as a probable Magneto) and Caerulea (who she honesty thought was wolf). So I gave my Gambit gambit.

I gathered AV didn't want a weak claim, so she claimed full-on seer. Also, she could bane herself, so she would be safe from wolf reprisal.
    She didn't want my sorta-seer pickpocket power being the only evidence, since too many people might disbelieve it as solid proof.

EDIT: to be exact, she was a proxy for me (as Gambit), and lying about the strength of the claim. We then both decided to make it seem like she was a proxy for an independent party, and that I had an independent sorta-seer power.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2020-03-10 at 10:38 AM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

I was fairly sure JeenLeen was gambit up until...I wanna say halfway through that last Day-Phase. rogue_alchemist's private actions left me wondering if I'd really messed up, and I looked at the situation again. I was basically convinced kgato503 was a wolf - they were defending RA so hard, they were either a wolf defending their buddy against a seer claim, or they were a wolf who knew RA was town, and was setting up to lynch me after RA. The only real strong evidence against JeenLeen was that they were willingly in contact with me for the whole game.

It does not help that as soon as I went public about 1) telling Caerulea I was a force multiplier, and 2) my power getting redirected onto Caerulea, Caerulea ghosted the game both publicly and privately. That abrupt change in communication when we'd been talking frequently enough privately up to that point convinced me they'd panicked and withdrawn from talking to me now that it looked like I'd "caught onto them". But it turned out to be unrelated, and Caerulea was innocent, and I went to my grave about 80% sure they were a wolf (with the remaining 20% being concern over why they'd get kill-targeted by the wolf if they were a wolf - was it some 4D chess ploy, a redirected kill, or was I wrong???).

I claimed seer but all I had to go on was the helmet JeenLeen stole. I was hoping that doing something so publicly would convince somebody I was doing a gambit on town's behalf (which I was) and would get somebody contacting me, or at least provoking a reaction from one of the inactives. And indeed it did: Professor X dropped out the very next day.

My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Will there be a post to the next game here as well or do I need to hunt it down and apply?
    There should be a new thread either in the Recruitment or Structured Games subforum within the next...I wanna say 24 hours, but idk when Caerulea will have time to get it put up. However, when it's up, it'll almost certainly get a post about it in Mafia Capital, which is a good thread to be subscribed to if you wanna keep up with what games are going on, or upcoming, or just wanna chat about potential future games.

My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Question on Mystique's power

How could this have activated?
    The followers seem to have been "follow X and see who they target (but not who targets them)", or was that just Shadowcat? Otherwise, I think it'd be something like "you targeted Snowblaze, but instead see AvatarVecna killing the person".
    Wolverine was a stake out power. So if he stakes out a target and mystique visited, he would see the other person. Something I also didn't forsee was one night AV was gone (power thing) and Mystique took on AV's form and Shadowcat almost followed AV so that might have been a thing.

I'll put one when it comes up. I want as many people as possible to keep playing.

As for the day 1 hijacking. AV did that last game. The logic we assumed was that it gave town the information of "where did votes fall and who teamed up and we're there any defensive votes" and whatever other information to be worked with without losing someone pointlessly. That said the strategy only works if town isn't expecting it. In AV's game it would have been useful because it almost confirmed a wolf completely. On the other hand, Caerulea messed with the system enough that we didn't really track votes at all that game. Since I'd already had a drop, I thought I'd give the whole test another shot after the whole forum melt down.