Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Forum Errors and Glitches - Report Issues Here

Hi Rawhide,

Thank you for all your work. I noticed that when I click on the "view forum posts" link on my profile and The Giant's (I haven't tried any other members) that the results only show those posts that were on the previous forum host, and none from the new forum host. I admit that this is a minor issue, but I do sometimes read The Giant's recent posts to see if there are any new tidbits of Order of the Stick in his missives.

Thank you.

Edit to add: I am using Firefox on PC, and the Ctrl + F5 did nothing.
    Last edited by Griffincat; 2020-02-25 at 07:42 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Lampert View Post
    I didn't remember my password, entering an incorrect password does not appear to give a link to the reset password page. I had to try creating a new account with the same user name to get a link to the reset password page.
    I've checked this, and the reset password link was indeed already in the first paragraph of the error message.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

3. - Top - End - #33

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallenOne View Post
    Don't see it mentioned here or in the changelog. It seems the search function isn't able to find threads and posts made after the forum went back up. Goes for both Advanced Search on the top right and find latest posts/threads from the user profile. Though they do show up in the activity field on the user profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffincat View Post
    Hi Rawhide,

Thank you for all your work. I noticed that when I click on the "view forum posts" link on my profile and The Giant's (I haven't tried any other members) that the results only show those posts that were on the previous forum host, and none from the new forum host. I admit that this is a minor issue, but I do sometimes read The Giant's recent posts to see if there are any new tidbits of Order of the Stick in his missives.

Thank you.

Edit to add: I am using Firefox on PC, and the Ctrl + F5 did nothing.
    This should be fixed now.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

4. - Top - End - #34

Quote Originally Posted by jjordan View Post
    Clicked on the Forum button from the website and was brought to what looked like the Forum screen. Username and Password fields were behaving differently, including displaying my password in plain text instead of using symbols. Pretty sure I entered the correct password but it took me to the error screen. I logged in again (fields displayed the correct behavior) and got in no problem.

Probably just PEBKAC but thought I'd mention it. I have changed my password.

Thanks for all the work on the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    I've had exactly the same problem (on multiple devices.)

(Although, weirdly, it now appears to have gone away on its own.)
    Quote Originally Posted by uncool View Post
    The username/password boxes on the top right of the screen when logged out don't seem to be functioning correctly in Firefox, in two ways - one major, one minor. The major way is that the password doesn't seem to be hidden - when typing, it shows plaintext rather than the usual blobs. The minor one is that the text that's automatically filled in (Username, Password) isn't removed when clicking on the boxes. This doesn't seem to affect the standard "You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page." login prompt.

On slightly further investigation, the page seems to load twice; the first time, the boxes on the top right work correctly, but the second time they work as I described above.
    Please do a force refresh when logged out then let me know if this issue is resolved or returns.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Like with Snowblaze, the problem seems to have resolved itself a bit ago - I was waiting a bit to see if it reappeared. So far, no reappearance.

6. - Top - End - #36

Like with Snowblaze, the problem seems to have resolved itself a bit ago - I was waiting a bit to see if it reappeared. So far, no reappearance.
    I suspect it was a failure to load some JavaScript or CSS element which caused it.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I hope I am not just being a mental klutz and forgetting how to do something, but in the Finding Players section, when posting a new thread, or editing the first post, I was previously able to use the prefix tags such as "Filled" or "Recruiting". I can't seem to find a way to do this, nor can I edit tags that existed before the forum went down.

I hope I am not just being addle brained.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    I hope I am not just being a mental klutz and forgetting how to do something, but in the Finding Players section, when posting a new thread, or editing the first post, I was previously able to use the prefix tags such as "Filled" or "Recruiting". I can't seem to find a way to do this,
    You should still be able to do this, nothing was changed regarding prefixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    nor can I edit tags that existed before the forum went down.

I hope I am not just being addle brained.
    You can't edit the title of a thread after a certain number of days has passed. I think this includes prefixes. If so, and it has passed that time, you'll need to ask a mod.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

Since the new forums have come online, I am starting to notice threads where posts appear to have vanished. The first time I saw this, the general consensus was that a previously banned poster had reappeared and had then been banned again.

But I just noticed a second thread with what looks like a missing post in the 3.5 forum. Frost890 asks a question, and then thanks two people for responses ... where only one (from Blackhawk748) is showing up.

If this was an administrative action, then please disregard this post. If not, I think the missing post had been assigned sequence number 24400283 ... at least, that is where the gap is.

It just looks weird. I'm used the "we do not delete posts because it causes database problems" fact of life from the old forums, so this is new to me.

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by Coventry View Post
    Since the new forums have come online, I am starting to notice threads where posts appear to have vanished. The first time I saw this, the general consensus was that a previously banned poster had reappeared and had then been banned again.

But I just noticed a second thread with what looks like a missing post in the 3.5 forum. Frost890 asks a question, and then thanks two people for responses ... where only one (from Blackhawk748) is showing up.

If this was an administrative action, then please disregard this post. If not, I think the missing post had been assigned sequence number 24400283 ... at least, that is where the gap is.
    There have been no posts deleted or moved from that thread. The "missing" post number you identified appears to be a post deleted by the user from a completely different thread, based on the deletion logs.

Edit: Just for the hell of it, I checked every post made between the first and the last of that thread, looking in the logs for deletion notices if a post was missing. Every single post is either accounted for or was deleted by the user. None were deleted or moved from that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventry View Post
    It just looks weird. I'm used the "we do not delete posts because it causes database problems" fact of life from the old forums, so this is new to me.
    I have no idea where this comes from. We don't delete posts because it helps accountability and the ability to fix technical mistakes. Instead of deleting, we either scrub them or move them to a hidden location (removed). Removed individual posts are rare, basically just previously banned posters and spam. If a regular user has the contents of an entire post removed, it'll be scrubbed, not moved.

Users can delete their own posts. A line is added to the logs (with the reason, if the user specified one) when they do.
    Last edited by Rawhide; 2020-03-16 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Minor corrections

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    I have no idea where this comes from.
    Just my old mind playing tricks on me. I was thinking about this, which clearly says "accounts" instead of "posts".

Oops. I am sorry about wasting your time, here.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Please do a force refresh when logged out then let me know if this issue is resolved or returns.
    It's happening again. I did force refresh (if you mean hitting ctrl-f5); it showed the same behavior (first loading username/password boxes that looked normal, then replacing them with seemingly basic text boxes with the words "Username" and "Password" filled in).

13. - Top - End - #43

It's happening again. I did force refresh (if you mean hitting ctrl-f5); it showed the same behavior (first loading username/password boxes that looked normal, then replacing them with seemingly basic text boxes with the words "Username" and "Password" filled in).

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

The issue seems to be gone, without having done anything clearly relevant - I had closed the site a bit ago; on coming back, I wasn't logged in, and the boxes acted normally. As a note, though - the force-refresh referenced in that post was while I was logged out.
    Last edited by uncool; 2020-03-18 at 12:54 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Post times don't appear to be adjusted for Daylight Saving Time. Although, come to think of it, do they really need to be?
    Last edited by Rollin; 2020-03-19 at 05:10 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46

Quote Originally Posted by Rollin View Post
    Post times don't appear to be adjusted for Daylight Saving Time. Although, come to think of it, do they really need to be?
    If you have automatic DST correction on, vBulletin uses a JavaScript to check your local time offset (timezone, or timezone including DST) to the timezone you have set in the settings, correcting it if it is off by one. If, for any reason, vBulletin can't read your local time offset, the correction won't work.