Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Good Place

1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Good Place

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    Spoiler: Seasons 1-3
    Show
    The Neutral Place was created entirely for Mindy and didn't exist prior to her case. She was initially filed, as I recall, to the Bad Place, but the Good Place argued that her points thanks to that last act were enough (and since they didn't have time for consequences to accrue and deduct from those points, there's we are) for her to go to the Good Place. The Judge (I think) basically ruled that she was a special case and had the Neutral Place made for her (I think, need to double check season 1).

Anyway, just finished season 3. Waiting for 4 to hit Netflix.
    Show
    I know that.{scrubbed} I'm using The Neutral Place and The Medium Place separately, because by the Neutral Place I meant the place where the accounting is done. Which existed right at the same time the Good and Bad Places did.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2020-05-06 at 10:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Currently playing as Atalanta/Artemis in Arcran's Pocket Monsters Online! (OOC|IC)

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GrayGriffin View Post
    Show
    I know that.{scrubbed} I'm using The Neutral Place and The Medium Place separately, because by the Neutral Place I meant the place where the accounting is done. Which existed right at the same time the Good and Bad Places did.
    Spoiler: seasons 1-3
    Show
    My bad. I derped and was trying to talk about the Medium Place but forgot what it was called. I was attempting to clarify the bit about assigning points for the charity - she did get those, I think.
    Last edited by SaintRidley; 2020-05-06 at 10:46 AM.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Look, it's hardly Americans fault for being so self-centric when the rest of the world refers to us as "everyone" to begin with.
    Well, it's normally you yanky doodles getting things that never make it here in rainy town, so I was just a little confuzzled.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    Spoiler: Thinking about the Good Place, the Place, not just the Show
    Show

It's impossible to know, unless the showrunners mentioned it, but you ever wonder who was the last person to get into the Good Place before the reforms developed in the show?

Spoiler: Last in
    Show
    Depending on precisely when that conversation took place in our timeline, the person in question would have died probably between about 1496 and 1498. Assuming that it was someone reasonably well-known - sufficient to get a wikipedia entry, at least, the following names suggest themselves:
    Alexander Hegius von Heek
    Johann Heynlin
    Al-Sakhawi
    Savonarola

Von Heek in particular is an attractive candidate. Savonarola would be very subjective and depend on point algorithms: his intentions being noble but the results of his actions often not so much, but he's the best-known of the four by some distance.

Though it would be hilarious if it were actually Torquemada.
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: It's technically established (last couple of episode spoilers)...
    Show
    ...that time works differently in the afterlife, and also that people at least sometimes have to wait before entering The Good Place, so there's no specific reason the last person to get in actually died in that time frame.

Personally, I'd assumed it was Hypatia/Pattie, since she seemed to be the only lucid human we saw. She died in 415 AD; if she'd only gone from genius philosopher to Phoebe from friends after over a millennium (when most of the people there were barely responsive), there should have been at least half a millennium worth of people with their wits still about them.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    Spoiler: Last in
    Show
    Depending on precisely when that conversation took place in our timeline, the person in question would have died probably between about 1496 and 1498. Assuming that it was someone reasonably well-known - sufficient to get a wikipedia entry, at least, the following names suggest themselves:
    Alexander Hegius von Heek
    Johann Heynlin
    Al-Sakhawi
    Savonarola

Von Heek in particular is an attractive candidate. Savonarola would be very subjective and depend on point algorithms: his intentions being noble but the results of his actions often not so much, but he's the best-known of the four by some distance.

Though it would be hilarious if it were actually Torquemada.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Even though it is much more likely to be some unimportant/unknown simple human being. Not just because of simple statistics, but because it seems that the more impactful you were in life, the higher the chance to actually fork up something that will cut you thousands of points. Consistent good deeds on a small scale were probably easier to achieve, I think.
    Last edited by Jan Mattys; 2020-05-12 at 12:09 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Mattys View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Even though it is much more likely to be some unimportant/unknown simple human being. Not just because of simple statistics, but because it seems that the more impactful you were in life, the higher the chance to actually fork up something that will cut you thousands of points. Consistent good deeds on a small scale were probably easier to achieve, I think.
    Spoiler: Definitely
    Show
    But that's a less fun way to approach the question.
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)