Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Class and Level Geekery XVII - When you Wish upon a Stat...

I think he's just doing a cartwheel or something there, so not obviously a clue to his strength.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    I think he's just doing a cartwheel or something there, so not obviously a clue to his strength.
    Given his posture and the orientation of the many things, this is definitely a "or something" situation.
    I'd say it works as "no, he's not particularly weak", but otherwise I agree; saying the scene hints at good strength is reading into it too much.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm

"I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

3. - Top - End - #513
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The motion lines on the paddle (and the squirrel, lamp being stable) seem to imply he is holding his position.

Seperately - should Redcloak have Reach Spell for seemingly being able to cast slay living at range beyond touch (he could also be a Hierophant I suppose).

4. - Top - End - #514
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    The motion lines on the paddle (and the squirrel, lamp being stable) seem to imply he is holding his position.

Seperately - should Redcloak have Reach Spell for seemingly being able to cast slay living at range beyond touch (he could also be a Hierophant I suppose).
    Many spells which require touch do not, in fact, require touch (teleport being the most notable off the top of my head). I'd call this a similar situation, since there's almost no distance between them, similar to teleport.
    The Mod on the Silver Mountain avatars by the wonderfully talented Cuthalion!

If anyone has a crayon drawing they would like to put on the Kickstarter Reward Collection Thread, PM me.
    Spoiler: Avatar collection
    Show
    Spoiler: Come down with fire
    Show
    Spoiler: Lift my spirit higher
    Show
    Spoiler: Someone's screaming my name
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Your bread looks like a rotary phone.
    This right here, is some prime quality culinary critique.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Troll in the Playground

Well Nale uses a longsword and I believe they have the same physical stats so itís probably not that bad? Iím pretty sure Elan was somewhat capable of using that rapier, just not as well as before Dashing Swordsman.
    Cool elan (no not that kind) Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Archive Of Our Own FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvtTropes page!

Extended signature here.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    [SIZE="4"]
    Miko Miyazaki
    Str 13+ (required for Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Katana).
    Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Katana
    I assume we are treating 'Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Katana' as 'Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Bastard Sword' for this.

Should we?
    Katana specifically mentioned 'Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Katana' not Bastard Sword and Exotic Weapon Proficiency specifically mentions Bastard Sword.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Firbolg in the Playground

I assume we are treating 'Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Katana' as 'Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Bastard Sword' for this.

Should we?
    Katana specifically mentioned 'Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Katana' not Bastard Sword and Exotic Weapon Proficiency specifically mentions Bastard Sword.
    Yes, we should.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3.5 PHB, p. 110
    A katana (samurai sword), for example, is not on the weapon list, but you could equip your character with a katana and just treat it like a masterwork bastard sword.

The wiki page for the katana you linked pulls from the 3.0 SRD, though it doesn't mention the "Except as indicated, same as masterwork bastard sword" note from the table there. (The little section on alternate settings in the 3.5 DMG has a largely similar table and text, but the note there says "Except as indicated, treat a katana as a masterwork bastard sword.")
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

8. - Top - End - #518
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jasdoif View Post
    Yes, we should.
    The wiki page for the katana you linked pulls from the 3.0 SRD, though it doesn't mention the "Except as indicated, same as masterwork bastard sword" note from the table there. (The little section on alternate settings in the 3.5 DMG has a largely similar table and text, but the note there says "Except as indicated, treat a katana as a masterwork bastard sword.")
    Fair enough - was trying to find the stats of the scimitar Nale got, found out he actually got a katana and went down the rabbit hole not noticing that I was looking at a 3.0 katana.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Troll in the Playground

I think itís also in the 3.5e PHB as well?

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Archive Of Our Own FanFiction.net DeviantArt

Extended signature here.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Troll in the Playground

Roy Greenhilt
    Lawful Good, Human male Fighter 14 (forum).
    Thog
    Non-lawful (required for rage) Evil, Half-Orc male, Fighter 2 / Barbarian 9+ (required to have 3 attacks a round).
    If Thog is listed as at least level 11 to justify 3 attacks in a round should Roy be listed as level 16 for making four?
    If you count the clunks (and crack) on panels 14 to 16.

Seperately should Thog be listed as level 16 (and given Quick Draw) as in 396 he makes 4 attacks (1 on the door, quick draw to pick it up and then three attacks on Haley).

11. - Top - End - #521
    Troll in the Playground

If Thog is listed as at least level 11 to justify 3 attacks in a round should Roy be listed as level 16 for making four?
    If you count the clunks (and crack) on panels 14 to 16.

Seperately should Thog be listed as level 16 (and given Quick Draw) as in 396 he makes 4 attacks (1 on the door, quick draw to pick it up and then three attacks on Haley).
    I think itís more like he sundered the door and picked it up, Elan tried Diplomacy, and it failed so Thog made a full attack on Haley after that. Two rounds.

Extended signature here.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Troll in the Playground

Xykon, pseudonym (SOD)
    Feats: Maximize Spell or Sudden Maximize
    Regardless of whether Xykon has Sudden Maximize he seems to have Maximize anyway.
    He maximises a spell here (panel 16) and he maximises another here (panel 8) - on what seems to be the same day.

I am dubious about him having sudden at all but if we are including it we should probable list it seperately from Maximize Spell.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Troll in the Playground

Regardless of whether Xykon has Sudden Maximize he seems to have Maximize anyway.
    He maximises a spell here (panel 16) and he maximises another here (panel 8) - on what seems to be the same day.

I am dubious about him having sudden at all but if we are including it we should probable list it seperately from Maximize Spell.
    He clearly has Maximize, so letís just put that and then add Sudden later if weíre sure.

Extended signature here.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    He clearly has Maximize, so letís just put that and then add Sudden later if weíre sure.
    The problem then is we need to account for a 12th level spell slot (and there has been some reluctance to give him a 12th level spell slot).

Seperately:
    Eugene Greenhilt (deceased, OOPC)
    Lawful Good (SOD), Human male ghost, Wizard: Illusionist 11+ (required to cast Permanent Image).
    Cha 6+ (required to become a ghost).
    I am somewhat dubious as to if Eugene should count as a ghost - rather the some ghostlike positive energy spirit.

But if he does count as a ghost he should seemingly have a charisma of 10+ as the template grants a +4 modifier.