Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 132829303132333435363738
Results 1,111 to 1,115 of 1115
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Class and Level Geekery XVII - When you Wish upon a Stat...

Yeah. First you have to go through the whole BOH to find the other BOH, then you have to go through that one. And Gygax help you if you have more than one BOH in the main BOH.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    Hobgoblins default to studded leather armour and a move of 30 - unless we have some reason to think those hobgoblins are non-standard I think we should keep to that assumption.
    Why should we assume they are standard MM hobgoblins? Warriors are proficient with heavy armor anyways I think, and I’d imagine Gobbotopia soldiers to be better funded than the average hobgoblin soldier.
    Cool elan (no not that kind) Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Archive Of Our Own FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Extended signature here.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    Why should we assume they are standard MM hobgoblins? Warriors are proficient with heavy armor anyways I think, and I’d imagine Gobbotopia soldiers to be better funded than the average hobgoblin soldier.
    Because we have been given reason to assume that creatures are fairly generic in general such as these guys with a listed Intelligence score of 10 or hobgoblin cleric #2 and his brother Hobgoblin warrior from strip #433, Panel 3.

By and large unless something stands out like having an axe instead of a morningstar, or being a cleric instead of a warrior - it would seem that it would be a safe enough assumption that creatures are following the Monster Manual template.

In fact one of the things that distinguishes Humans from other creatures is that they do not have an entry in the Monster Manual anymore, unlike for instance Elves who are listed.

Finally in specific relation to Haley - she is not able to outpace Thanh here who seems to be wearing effectively the same armour as the hobgoblins here so I don't see a need to give them heavier armour then they are listed with.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Troll in the Playground

...Why is she carrying him, actually? Doesn’t his level of Barbarian give him the same move speed as most Medium-sized creatures?

Edit: Also I am not sure if “assume using the MM statblocks unless proven otherwise” for monstrous creatures is a thing the Giant would approve of, but then again using a statblock from the MM isn’t quite the same as the “they’re not human enough, ergo they can be killed without anything being wrong about that” that he does explicitly disapprove of.
    Last edited by danielxcutter; Yesterday at 06:26 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    ...Why is she carrying him, actually? Doesn’t his level of Barbarian give him the same move speed as most Medium-sized creatures?
    Belkar was going to see about killing them all and Haley wanted to escape them - so she picked him up and ran, then stopped and killed them all.