New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Girl Genius XXVII: Hoy! Hennybody else not dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    Tinka had suffered irreparable damage at the hands of a spark studying her workings, exactly as Master Payne thought had happened to the rest.
    It was Tarvek who did it and I don't think it's irreparable damage. She's not working correctly, but that seems to be only in relation to he ability to move and speech center. Her mind seem intact otherwise. Fix those and she will be back to normal. Well, after her head is re-attached. Thing is, we don't know what happened to Tinka and Moxana after that arc, but it doesn't seem likely they got back with the Circus. They seemed to be intending to stay with Tarvek as he was the the Storm King. That means that Klaus's forces would have found them. Following that line of thought Gil has been Baron for 2.5 years and that he clearly considers the Muses to be people. He would try and figure out how to fix Tinka and he is one of the few people that could do it.

Of course the Profs are going to come up with something totally different and off the wall.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

2. - Top - End - #572
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    They seemed to be intending to stay with Tarvek as he was the the Storm King. That means that Klaus's forces would have found them.
    Would they, or would the Muses have ended up under the control of the rest of the Blitzengaard family? In which case, Martellus or his sister may know more about them...

3. - Top - End - #573
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Would they, or would the Muses have ended up under the control of the rest of the Blitzengaard family? In which case, Martellus or his sister may know more about them...
    No, they were in Sturmhalten which the Baron took over. He locked the place down tight. And if Tweedle did have a Muse you could bet they would be making the most of it propaganda wise. Also forgot that one of the novels says that it was Tarvek's father that screwed Tinka up.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

4. - Top - End - #574
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Tinka had suffered irreparable damage at the hands of a spark studying her workings, exactly as Master Payne thought had happened to the rest.
    It was Tarvek who did it and I don't think it's irreparable damage.
    Also forgot that one of the novels says that it was Tarvek's father that screwed Tinka up.
    Tarvek reverse-engineered Tinka to create Anevka. The implication of the last panel (which is indeed expanded on in the novel) is that his Father then started fiddling, and that is what damaged Tinka.

Otilia's "soul" had been transferred to a construct by another spark's experiments, while her body remained imprisoned in a secret lab at the Castle's basement. It took significant effort to restore her to a mechanical body, and even then it was not her original body.
    Specifically, Lucrezia (in sepia here, "I made sure of that when I built you", and once again, expanded on in the novels).

Prende had been sealed in a forgotten crypt beneath Paris since the original Storm King was presumed dead.
    This one at least appears to be her deliberate choice - she was guarding what was left of the Storm King.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

5. - Top - End - #575
    Firbolg in the Playground

About the muses: the muse possessed by the castle did something to Agatha when she looked into infinity. http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comi...9#.XtZ-4DozaUl
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

6. - Top - End - #576
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    About the muses: the muse possessed by the castle did something to Agatha when she looked into infinity. http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comi...9#.XtZ-4DozaUl
    Yup. That was a big shock.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

7. - Top - End - #577
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

To me it looked like the shock was part of what was nescessary to unlock infinity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

8. - Top - End - #578

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    To me it looked like the shock was part of what was nescessary to unlock infinity.
    Yes, that's what I meant. I wonder if the muses could have a role towards becoming Queens, or if it was just a happy accident that that clank was equipped the right way, or if it was retrofitted.
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

9. - Top - End - #579
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Yes, that's what I meant. I wonder if the muses could have a role towards becoming Queens, or if it was just a happy accident that that clank was equipped the right way, or if it was retrofitted.
    Tinka has also been seen shocking people. It seems to be a standard self defense mechanism in all the Muses.

10. - Top - End - #580

Accident. The muses are only a couple hundred years old. Queens have been around for millennia.

11. - Top - End - #581

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Accident. The muses are only a couple hundred years old. Queens have been around for millennia.
    And both have interaccted with time travellers.

12. - Top - End - #582

Only if you count getting murdered as interacting. And I missed the strip where the muses met a time traveler---linky please?

13. - Top - End - #583

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Only if you count getting murdered as interacting. And I missed the strip where the muses met a time traveler---linky please?
    We don't know the muses met a time-traveler, but their creator Van Rijn evidently did, with his repeated conversations with the Muse of Time.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Wait. Albia's wearing candy in her hair too?
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

15. - Top - End - #585

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    Wait. Albia's wearing candy in her hair too?
    Of course she is, she must look good in the presence of her courtiers and this is the latest fashion!

16. - Top - End - #586
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Albia seems to be dressed in a fashion that is similar to Zeetha. Interesting.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ogre in the Playground

More interesting is that she has not appeared in her normal form, nor in one previously seen. Who is she focusing on? Miss Thorpe, perhaps?
    Last edited by Scarlet Knight; 2020-06-03 at 11:48 AM.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

18. - Top - End - #588
    Barbarian in the Playground

Of the nine muses, at the time Master Payne gave that explanation:

Four were, and remain, lost.
    Moxana was safe-ish with Master Payne.
    Otilia's "soul" had been transferred to a construct by another spark's experiments, while her body remained imprisoned in a secret lab at the Castle's basement. It took significant effort to restore her to a mechanical body, and even then it was not her original body.
    Prende had been sealed in a forgotten crypt beneath Paris since the original Storm King was presumed dead.
    We still don't know what happened to Orotine, but even Tarvek was surprised to see her. Her staying at the English Court is either a recent occurrence, or a well-kept secret..

No retcons or lies are necessary, just a series of reasonable assumptions that weren't that far away from the truth as we now know it.
    Silly question: where are you getting the names of the muses from? It didn't actually cross my mind that Orotine was a muse until I read this thread.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mjp1050 View Post
    Silly question: where are you getting the names of the muses from? It didn't actually cross my mind that Orotine was a muse until I read this thread.
    Those are the ones we've met, and they've told their names or responded favorably to the use of their names by others. So far as I'm aware we don't know of any others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by mjp1050 View Post
    You can find a lot of info about them on the Girl Genius Wiki.

21. - Top - End - #591

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Knight View Post
    More interesting is that she has not appeared in her normal form, nor in one previously seen. Who is she focusing on? Miss Thorpe, perhaps?
    She has changed her skin color before, when confronting the newly arrived Krosp and Vapnoople, though it was less dark than this.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by geoduck View Post
    She has changed her skin color before, when confronting the newly arrived Krosp and Vapnoople, though it was less dark than this.
    Yes, I remember. But when confronting Dr. Dim, she was in her "usual" form and only changed when speaking to Krosp ( as she had done with Agatha & Zeetha).

I get the impression she changes to inluence specific people. Thus, when making an entrance for her subjects, I figure there's a reason for choosing this form rather than her "usual" appearance.
    Last edited by Scarlet Knight; 2020-06-04 at 10:47 AM.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

23. - Top - End - #593
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Knight View Post
    Yes, I remember. But when confronting Dr. Dim, she was in her "usual" form and only changed when speaking to Krosp ( as she had done with Agatha & Zeetha).

I get the impression she changes to inluence specific people. Thus, when making an entrance for her subjects, I figure there's a reason for choosing this form rather than her "usual" appearance.
    Tweedle picked up on the fact that his sister is going to have a hard time dancing with Gil tonight. Albia and/or other factions are pushing him towards Miss Thorpe--and Albia just showed up looking more like Miss Thorpe and in a military style outfit, reflecting the fact that Thorpe is a government agent. She's underscoring the ties between them, aka, reasons Thorpe would be a good political match for Gil.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Now I think Albia is going to die.
    Spoiler
    Show
    She's putting the moves on Gil. Agatha is going to kill her.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Titan in the Playground

Now I think Albia is going to die.
    Spoiler
    Show
    She's putting the moves on Gil. Agatha is going to kill her.
    Spoiler
    Show
    A bit too Œdipian for my liking.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

26. - Top - End - #596

Ugh that second to last panel though her FACE is AWFUL! I cant even describe exactly why other than it looks sort of half manly and half womanly? I dunno, but it really gives me a visceral dislike. At least it goes back to lovely queen in the last panel.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"You need the practice" is a great burn.
    Not untrue, but mean.
    Still, maybe Gil should go back to keep the Empire afloat.
    Freeing Mechanicsburg is kinda pointless if there's nothing left to plunder.
    The Heterodyne and her hordes riding out to fix Europa is a funny image though.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

28. - Top - End - #598

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    "You need the practice" is a great burn.
    Not untrue, but mean.
    Still, maybe Gil should go back to keep the Empire afloat.
    Freeing Mechanicsburg is kinda pointless if there's nothing left to plunder.
    The Heterodyne and her hordes riding out to fix Europa is a funny image though.
    Lol! I could absolutely see Agatha at the helm of an army of fixers.

And I think you're right. I think the queen is about to give Gil the cold hard facts about being a leader.

I wonder if she has a similar plan for Tarvek. Perhaps offering to support his bid to be the Storm King, if he stops pursuing the next flower in her garden, Agatha.
    Last edited by xroads; 2020-06-05 at 08:50 AM.

29. - Top - End - #599

About the missing girl sparks, I now have a doubt... how many were killed by Othar?

30. - Top - End - #600

Beholder

About the missing girl sparks, I now have a doubt... how many were killed by Othar?
    I know Othar hunts sparks. But I hadn't heard anything about him hunting female sparks in particular. Did I miss something?