Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 213637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1450
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: Girl Genius XXVII: Hoy! Hennybody else not dead?

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleBison View Post
    Violetta was captured by the cultists
    Too tired after the fight to resist.

or how she survived the fight with Steelgarter.
    Steelgarter never saw her body. Ergo, she survived.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleBison View Post
    Yes, but I don't think there's been any explanation for how Violetta was captured by the cultists or how she survived the fight with Steelgarter.
    No in-comic explanation (or out of comic), but I would guess that she Smoke-knighted away from Steelgarter (remember, Violette is decently capable at smoke-knighting), but her injuries made her an easy catch for the cultists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Firbolg in the Playground

Martellus continues to show he's smarter than we generally give him credit for (that is, can be outwitted by a dead pigeon).

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Interesting use of the word "redeem" there... I suppose you have to admire him sticking to his guns, though. Not sure if he is making a subtle sympathy play or genuinely attempting manners (although I suspect him of the latter).
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    Interesting use of the word "redeem" there... I suppose you have to admire him sticking to his guns, though. Not sure if he is making a subtle sympathy play or genuinely attempting manners (although I suspect him of the latter).
    I personally had no idea of what he was doing, maybe it's really a matter of manners. He is a noble, after all.

Or maybe his body was exuding mind-altering sweat that will evaporate in the next hours and allow him to control Maxim. Martellus seems big on some sort of biological transhumanism, what with kisses and touches.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Why not both? He's not in any real danger. Even if he pushed himself too far and collapsed, they'd just him in or her out for a quick rejuvenation. And Martellus is big on being seen as 'kingly'. So here he plays the gallant gentleman who'd rather suffer than disturb the lady's rest. All very noble (and completely fake) with no real cost other than a bit of physical pain which should be nothing to an accomplished smoke knight.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Don't forget Martellus' conversation with Krosp - he really does like (love?) Agatha, and wants her to like (love?) him, as (1) unreciprocated like/loving really sucks regardless of whether you're an emperor or a peasant and (2) she'd make a very good queen.

So, sucking it up and enduring the pain not only makes him look noble, it plays into his (probably delusional) hopes of someday being her husband and King.

And that explains why Agatha is having none of him being patient and enduring it. She wants him out of her life, now.

And ... what does Albia want? She is doubtless aware, she has plans within plans, and the means to affect whatever Agatha tries to do in subtle and unpredictable ways.

BTW, when discussing Martellus' resources - Seffie may be effective, but Grandmother is on a whole different level and probably has agents even within Albia's court. If she wants him to live, it's probably going to happen.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

8. - Top - End - #1358

MindFlayer

Odds that the King's Touch issue is resolved by the end of the year? After all, they did eventually clear Agatha and Gil of Lucrezia and Klaus.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSh View Post
    Odds that the King's Touch issue is resolved by the end of the year? After all, they did eventually clear Agatha and Gil of Lucrezia and Klaus.
    THey seem to be in a pretty good place to resolve that before getting back to the "Save Mechanisburg" arc, barring another round of Shenanigans, which is almost certainly inevitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    Don't forget Martellus' conversation with Krosp - he really does like (love?) Agatha, and wants her to like (love?) him, as (1) unreciprocated like/loving really sucks regardless of whether you're an emperor or a peasant and (2) she'd make a very good queen.

So, sucking it up and enduring the pain not only makes him look noble, it plays into his (probably delusional) hopes of someday being her husband and King.

And that explains why Agatha is having none of him being patient and enduring it. She wants him out of her life, now.
    Martellus might also be living in a wider dream, the dream of being the Storm King, where Agatha would be a stand-in for Euphrosina. Martellus hasn't really said why he wants to be the Storm King. Of course, it means power, unlimited prestige, and bringing back the status of his family and the nobility in general, compared to what they had under Klaus. But it's a very specific way. He could also have been Klaus 2.0 (or died trying). So can it be that he is genuinely in love with the myth and wants to live it? In this sight, his conversation with the Jäger about Euphrosina looks slightly different.

I personally hope that he isn't literally in love with Agatha, because I'd rather not have him turn into another drooling lackey.
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

11. - Top - End - #1361

Would you prefer a drooling lackwit?

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Would you prefer a drooling lackwit?
    Maybe?

13. - Top - End - #1363

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    THey seem to be in a pretty good place to resolve that before getting back to the "Save Mechanisburg" arc, barring another round of Shenanigans, which is almost certainly inevitable.
    Hmm.. I'm not sure I'd take the bet. There's what 15 weeks left in the year, so 45 more strips. That was about the duration of the dance arc itself. So even if that arc was the next thing we do, the entire section with probably involve Steelgarter shenanigans or Bang/Zeetha fights and take at least that long pushing it into January or later for final resolution. And that's assuming no unscheduled comic delays, random artwork, or other events that push it back further.
    Last edited by Thomas Cardew; 2020-09-14 at 08:15 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah i honestly forgot the bang/zeetha death match thats way past overdue now. Especially since they are no longer trapped in a sealed off undersea lab. Thats going to cause a delay while the cast tries to sort it out.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Yeah i honestly forgot the bang/zeetha death match thats way past overdue now. Especially since they are no longer trapped in a sealed off undersea lab. Thats going to cause a delay while the cast tries to sort it out.
    I very much doubt Bang intends to have a stand-up fight that everyone knows about. It might be over very quickly as either (1) Zeetha dies with a blade in the back or (2) Bang gets caught and Agatha / Gil (for pathos) / Tarvek (who cannot be out-sneakied) / Higgs just end her.

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Titan in the Playground

I very much doubt Bang intends to have a stand-up fight that everyone knows about. It might be over very quickly as either (1) Zeetha dies with a blade in the back or (2) Bang gets caught and Agatha / Gil (for pathos) / Tarvek (who cannot be out-sneakied) / Higgs just end her.
    Nah, I dont think she intends to assassinate, thats not even remotely bangs style. I fully expect her to come swinging in through a glass window on a rope, boot zeetha in the back, announce what she is doing, and going for the kill. I also fully expect there to be drama involved on zeethas side as she realizes this may be the absolute last chance she has to get someone to tell her details on where she might have come from. So she has to fight to NOT kill while bang is fighting TO kill, and its a matter of honor so nobody will interfere after a few shouted back offs from both of them.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nah, unless it's with heavy artillery Bang doesn't strike me as the backstabby type.
    Too open and honest in her own dishonest piratey way.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Ettin in the Playground

I like Dupree more, so, in the case of an unlikely death, I'd rather have Zeetha die.

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Bang wants revenge, and is likley to be open about the fight. She doesn't strike me as the sneaky type.

Besides, they want to fight each other and indeed are expecting to at some point. Both Zeetha and Bang are about fighting, and in this respect they understand each other perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Girls Tea and Cake Society
    Zeetha: You are going to be so much fun to fight.
    Bang: Ok yeah! - But not today
    We know that the next arc is going to be Africa followed by Skifandar, so Bang isn't the only clue Zeetha has (although I agree that it will look like it, which will make the fight interesting).
    Last edited by Manga Shoggoth; 2020-09-15 at 11:17 AM. Reason: SSpelling
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    Bang wants revenge, and is likley to be open about the fight. She doesn't strike me as the sneaky type.

Besides, they want to fight each other and indeed are expecting to at some point. Both Zeetha and Bang are about fighting, and in this respect they understand each other perfectly.

We know that the next arc is going to be Africa followed by Skifandar, so Bang isn't the only clue Zeetha has (although I agree that it will look like it, which will make the fight interesting).
    Its not impossible at all that africa is a leg of the journey back to skifander. Iirc zeetha was flying while sick for quite some time before recovering. Lots of distance could be covered in that time frame. For all we know, there is a magic science portal that leads to skifander somewhere in africa.

21. - Top - End - #1371

I also fully expect there to be drama involved on Zeetha's side as she realizes this may be the absolute last chance she has to get someone to tell her details on where she might have come from.
    First, Bang can't tell her where she was picked up, because she wasn't there. Second, the pirates couldn't tell Zeetha the way home, because they just attacked a random airship. Third, this is a subject probably best broached away from the realm ruled over by the God-Queen said airship belonged too.

22. - Top - End - #1372

Its not impossible at all that africa is a leg of the journey back to skifander. Iirc zeetha was flying while sick for quite some time before recovering. Lots of distance could be covered in that time frame. For all we know, there is a magic science portal that leads to skifander somewhere in africa.
    It's going to turn out there's a functioning Mirror in Embi's homeland, and they'll use that to get to Skiffander.

23. - Top - End - #1373

its a matter of honor so nobody will interfere after a few shouted back offs from both of them.
    Oh, Gil is definitely going to intervene.
    "Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."
    Gehm's corollary to Clarke's Third Law

Forum Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    the Vector Legion [is the IFCC's new pawns], mark my words. Way too much unfinished business there and they already know about the Gates.
    I'll take that bet.

24. - Top - End - #1374

Given how the Jaegers feel about Miss Zeetha, they aren't staying out of it either. And you know the old Mechanicsburg motto. Any fight the Heterodyne wins is a fair fight.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Given how the Jaegers feel about Miss Zeetha, they aren't staying out of it either. And you know the old Mechanicsburg motto. Any fight the Heterodyne wins is a fair fight.
    Jägermonster are weird enough this could go either way.
    Might be they intervene (and Zeetha tells them to buzz off) because she's practically one of them- loyal to the Heterodyne, Higgs girlfriend, very jäger-y in general -or they might not because of some weird rules/honor thing they recognise.
    Or they spend the whole fight bickering about the above.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    Martellus might also be living in a wider dream, the dream of being the Storm King, where Agatha would be a stand-in for Euphrosina. Martellus hasn't really said why he wants to be the Storm King. Of course, it means power, unlimited prestige, and bringing back the status of his family and the nobility in general, compared to what they had under Klaus. But it's a very specific way. He could also have been Klaus 2.0 (or died trying). So can it be that he is genuinely in love with the myth and wants to live it? In this sight, his conversation with the Jäger about Euphrosina looks slightly different.
    I think that's pretty much it.
    Deep down Tweedle is a romantic, he grew up on those incredibly idealised tales of the Stormking, Euphrosinia and all that stuff.

At his core he believes those tales, wants to live them. While, perhaps unsurprisingly, this only makes him scarier when you get in the way of his... delusions? ideals?, be it by opposing him in his goals or by contradicting those beliefs, at the same time it leads Martellus to idiocy like this, because for all that he's ruthless and calulating he's also a dreamer.

A good part of it might be that he's secured a pretty descent powerbase by now, regarding the whole SK mess*, but Tweedle probably is genuine in that whole chivalrous act.

He genuinely wants to live that ideal- and incidentally Valois great love story. It's just that he's also a bastard- not in the genealogical sense presumably -who will murder his way into the position to do so. Among other things.

*Or should I say Sturmvoraus/Blitzengaard mess?
    Because that family...
    Last edited by Kantaki; 2020-09-15 at 03:46 PM.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    Jägermonster are weird enough this could go either way.
    Might be they intervene (and Zeetha tells them to buzz off) because she's practically one of them- loyal to the Heterodyne, Higgs girlfriend, very jäger-y in general -or they might not because of some weird rules/honor thing they recognise.
    Or they spend the whole fight bickering about the above.
    If its a matter of honor, or a personal matter they would likely stay out of it. Exception being if bang showed up with a couple dozen heavies to dog pile zeetha with and even then if zeetha said to stay out of it, they probably would. At least to an extent. I use the hat fight with old man death as an example. You dont bust in on a fight like that. Its against the rules. Mano a mano. Three falls. They might jump in if she loses to save her life but that would likely be the extent of it.

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Oh, Gil is definitely going to intervene.
    By grabbing both by the hair and knocking their heads together maybe? I don't think either Bang or Zeetha is going to die. Maybe something happens that Bang's people broke one of the few rules while she was away. Say acting like slavers or planning to sell Zeetha to the Polar Lords. Or maybe going after an English ship. Bang surprisingly have lines she won't cross (mind control is one we know about.) And if the people in the fortress crossed the line.....
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

28. - Top - End - #1378

Of course, in that case it's quite possible she'll want to kill Zeetha because the Amazon killed her underlings before she could.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I still think Bang is NOT going to announce she intends to kill Zeetha, folks. But she also probably has to get Zeetha away from her other friends because people get emotional. Higgs, in particular, wouldn't sit by and watch Zeetha die, and he is not to be trifled with.

She may quite literally invite Zeetha over for tea and then announce they have to fight to the death before Zeetha can leave.

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Well, it's nice to see that, even after all this, Agatha and Tweedle's working relationship is unimpaired.