New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 243940414243444546474849
Results 1,441 to 1,462 of 1462
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Girl Genius XXVII: Hoy! Hennybody else not dead?

Uh-oh. Wonder where Zeetha and Higgs are? Because I suspect this development directly concerns them!

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Anyone else notice that the cutlass she is holding has a price tag on it? Anyone else spot Davy Jones's locker? As well as a certain gun.. er cannon.

And I'm starting to wonder about Bang's status in England. We know the rank and file "privateers" treat her as a major celebrity. But this is the Admiral of the Privateers and he clearly knows who Bang is and gave her a job? This all looks like Bang might have some kind of arrangement with England. It's also looking like Bang anticipated that Agatha would show up at the museum as well.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Bugbear in the Playground

"You must be this dead to board..."
    I'm pretty much the opposite of concise. If I fail to get to the point, please ask me and I'm happy to (attempt to) clarify.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Dupree wants to fight Zeetha, and wants to have every advantage (and being a badguy that includes cheating). I'm guessing she is in someway setting up a trap, though I don't see why. Zeetha would fight her if she just asked and told her their shared history. Though I suppose she wants to make certain Zeetha fights seriously and fights to kill?

At first I thought a kidnapping was about to happen, to force a confrontation. But then I thought, "Yeah, Agatha is under Albia's protection. Nobody in England is going to touch her."

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    At first I thought a kidnapping was about to happen, to force a confrontation. But then I thought, "Yeah, Agatha is under Albia's protection. Nobody in England is going to touch her."
    Not to forget that Gil is there. Bang is well aware of his feelings and knows that going after Agatha would end badly for her.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

6. - Top - End - #1446

I'll throw in a title vote for "with feet, you can kick them" as well.

And not sure how this is going to end. Bang and Zeetha are gonna cause a ton of damage, but I'm slightly hopeful that they'll end up teaming up to cause more havok elsewhere.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Bang's smile is rather feral.

"All the rarest reference books, logs, and charts ye could hope for". A map showing the approximate location of Skifander is going to fall into Zeetha's lap right at a critical moment in her fight with Bang.

BTW, "All the rarest ... for" might make a good thread title.
    Last edited by Shining Wrath; 2020-09-23 at 07:24 AM.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

8. - Top - End - #1448

Quote Originally Posted by Ailurus View Post
    I'll throw in a title vote for "with feet, you can kick them" as well.
    Me too, please.
    -HaJo

FLW: Oh, no. We're being rescued. How embarrassing!

9. - Top - End - #1449

Put me up for with feet as well.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

10. - Top - End - #1450

Remember, Gil immediately picked up on the fact that Bang was pretty sure this wasn't a fight she would win. I believe the fencing term is coup de deux veuves, the move that results in both parties being dead.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Remember, Gil immediately picked up on the fact that Bang was pretty sure this wasn't a fight she would win. I believe the fencing term is coup de deux veuves, the move that results in both parties being dead.
    I'm not sure about that. Gil certainly thinks Bang is off to do something stupid and get herself killed, but Bang's reaction seems to be quite the opposite (unless she is a serious death-seeker).

Now, it may be that Gill has worked the whole thing out and knows how much Bang is likley to get over her head (side orders of Agatha, Violetta and Higgs for a start). The only good part of the situation is that I don't think he hasn't worked out that Zeetha is his twin sister, so he doesn't see a place for him on the revenge train.

EDIT: Tallies updated - it's almost neck and neck between Kicking and Dancing.

Spoiler: It's a big table...
    Show

Title Votes Voters
    Girl Genius XXVIII: Dancink! Ve is here for de dancink! 8 Shining Wrath, Kantaki, locksmith of lo, Narkis, Rockphed, Rogar Demonblud, Manga Shoggoth, xroads
    Girl Genius XXVIII: With feet, you can kick them 6 PraetorDragoon, HandofShadows, InvisibleBison, Ailurus, hajo, Traab
    Girl Genius XXVIII: I Thought It Would Help! 4 Rockphed, theangelJean, Agi Hammerthief, The Glyphstone
    Girl Genius XXVIII: Love prisoners of the jagers! 3 locksmith of lo, Rockphed, xroads
    Girl Genius XXVIII: You live because we sense no sinister intent 1 Shining Wrath
    Girl Genius XXVIII: All the rarest reference books, logs, and charts ye could hope for 1 Shining Wrath
    Girl Genius XXVIII: Now With Pristine Headspace 1 Vinyadan
    Girl Genius XXVIII: Now Take me Away 1 Rockphed
    Girl Genius XXVIII: Mechanical War Crab 1 Rockphed
    Girl Genius XXVIII: Overstaying Under the Sea 1 Rockphed
    Girl Genius XXVIII: Get Between a Girl and Her Cake 1 Rockphed
    Girl Genius XXVIII: Fierce Bad Dance Party 1 Rockphed
    Girl Genius XXVIII: Brilliant Then, Stupid Now 1 Rockphed
    Girl Genius XXVIII: Squashy's Return 1 Rockphed
    Girl Genius XXVIII: Dont Get Between a Girl and Her Cake 1 Manga Shoggoth
    Girl Genius XXVIII: Getting Between a Girl and Her Cake 1 Manga Shoggoth
    Girl Genius XXVIII: Everyone shall dance! 1 locksmith of lo
    Girl Genius XXVIII: We are not accostumed to being asked. 1 locksmith of lo
    Girl Genius XXVIII: Mechanical crab legs! 1 locksmith of lo
    Girl Genius XXVIII: From England to Mars, bathtub optional 1 locksmith of lo
    Girl Genius XXVIII: Extreme Truth-in-Packaging 1 Rockphed
    Girl Genius XXVIII: Deadly Babe Death Battle 1 Rockphed

EDIT: Corrected count
    Last edited by Manga Shoggoth; 2020-09-23 at 01:54 PM.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    I'm not sure about that. Gil certainly thinks Bang is off to do something stupid and get herself killed, but Bang's reaction seems to be quite the opposite (unless she is a serious death-seeker).
    With the extatic reaction you have to keep in mind that the euphoria is from finally getting the information she was searching for many years. Emotional rush is not exactly the same thing as a proper assessment of the situation. In her talk with Gil she was already calm and did admit at the end, she is likely to get beaten. Still, she has the initiative with the encounter, which is very important.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I'll toss a vote for the kicking as well.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    With the extatic reaction you have to keep in mind that the euphoria is from finally getting the information she was searching for many years. Emotional rush is not exactly the same thing as a proper assessment of the situation. In her talk with Gil she was already calm and did admit at the end, she is likely to get beaten. Still, she has the initiative with the encounter, which is very important.
    Fair points (especially with the initiative); however I'm not sure she was admitting any more than Gill knows her better than she thought he did. I read that as more being annoyed at finding she has an emotional attachment with Gill. Bang isn't used to emotional attachments and doesn't handle them well (as we saw when Klaus was taken down).

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Cardew View Post
    I'll toss a vote for the kicking as well.
    Noted - Still neck and neck - I miscounted for dancing.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    neck and neck between Kicking and Dancing.
    Y'know, that would make a good thread title on its own....

I'll place my vote for With feet, you can kick them

16. - Top - End - #1456

BlackDragon

Yea, that needs correction:

From England to Mars, rowboat optional.

And, put me down for "I thought I was helping" as well.
    Not "fire at". I never used the word "at"
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Since the vote is close, I'll put my 2 cents in for Dancink

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

looking back at a link from 2018, i realized that i have no idea of what the timeline looks like. since that was 2 years ago, but they were already in england. for all i know only a week has passed. is there somewhere that gives an approximation of how much time has pased? in-comic time vs. real time? has someone tracked this?

thank you in advance!
    It's "locksmith of LOVE!" not "LO!"

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    I think that technically is the move where one person charges with their blade held above the head with both hands. Leaving a nice big open chest that the foe just can't resist impaling. But the combination of momentum and death spasms brings the blade down with force upon the impaler's head or shoulder.

Gil says Bang will get her butt whupped. I think that's likely to be the case. Pirate Queen versus Amazon Princess? Bang very rarely fights anyone on her level. Zeetha very rarely doesn't get in over her head - a side effect of traveling with Agatha. I think Zeetha has more experience with dangerous foes.

About Zeetha - way, way back, Agatha figured out that everyone in the circus was a Spark. Except Zeetha. Who is the sister to one of the most powerful Sparks around.

Uh ... Bang ... you probably don't want to be the cause of Zeetha having her breakthrough to Sparkdom.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Page 50? New thread time!

Girl Genius XXVIII: Dancink! Ve is here for de dancink!

For the curious, the final votes were as follows:

Spoiler: It's a big table...
    Show

Title Votes Voters
    Girl Genius XXVIII: Dancink! Ve is here for de dancink! 9 Shining Wrath, Kantaki, locksmith of lo, Narkis, Rockphed, Rogar Demonblud, Manga Shoggoth, xroads, Rodin
    Girl Genius XXVIII: With feet, you can kick them 8 PraetorDragoon, HandofShadows, InvisibleBison, Ailurus, hajo, Traab, Thomas Cardew, mjp1050
    Girl Genius XXVIII: I Thought It Would Help! 5 Rockphed, theangelJean, Agi Hammerthief, The Glyphstone, keybounce
    Girl Genius XXVIII: Love prisoners of the jagers! 3 locksmith of lo, Rockphed, xroads
    Girl Genius XXVIII: You live because we sense no sinister intent 1 Shining Wrath
    Girl Genius XXVIII: All the rarest reference books, logs, and charts ye could hope for 1 Shining Wrath
    Girl Genius XXVIII: Now With Pristine Headspace 1 Vinyadan
    Girl Genius XXVIII: Now Take me Away 1 Rockphed
    Girl Genius XXVIII: Mechanical War Crab 1 Rockphed
    Girl Genius XXVIII: Overstaying Under the Sea 1 Rockphed
    Girl Genius XXVIII: Get Between a Girl and Her Cake 1 Rockphed
    Girl Genius XXVIII: Fierce Bad Dance Party 1 Rockphed
    Girl Genius XXVIII: Brilliant Then, Stupid Now 1 Rockphed
    Girl Genius XXVIII: Squashy's Return 1 Rockphed
    Girl Genius XXVIII: Dont Get Between a Girl and Her Cake 1 Manga Shoggoth
    Girl Genius XXVIII: Getting Between a Girl and Her Cake 1 Manga Shoggoth
    Girl Genius XXVIII: Everyone shall dance! 1 locksmith of lo
    Girl Genius XXVIII: We are not accostumed to being asked. 1 locksmith of lo
    Girl Genius XXVIII: Mechanical crab legs! 1 locksmith of lo
    Girl Genius XXVIII: From England to Mars, bathtub optional 1 locksmith of lo
    Girl Genius XXVIII: Extreme Truth-in-Packaging 1 Rockphed
    Girl Genius XXVIII: Deadly Babe Death Battle 1 Rockphed

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ogre in the Playground

Gracious, when was the last time we've seen Agatha go full on Mama Bear on someone?

22. - Top - End - #1462

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Gracious, when was the last time we've seen Agatha go full on Mama Bear on someone?
    Psst...there's a new thread:

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...or-de-dancink!
    Last edited by factotum; 2020-09-28 at 02:08 AM.