New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    "Yu-Gi-Oh!" has ended in town victory, and been archived.

gac3, will you be ready to begin running your unspecified-theme game within the next couple days?
    Oh crap. Yes. I'll get a recruitment thread up by this weekend? That sound okay?

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Oh crap. Yes. I'll get a recruitment thread up by this weekend? That sound okay?
    That works for me.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

I have two ideas ready to roll out.

One is probably completely unbalanced and also I can't give any details about roles or anything until after the game starts. But has been in my head as a "wouldn't this be fun as a concept" game. Might also be the type that would be more fun with higher numbers of more active players.

The other would be a much more standard idea about a divine conflict. Original idea was to do a Greek mythology one but a mod came in and slapped down a bunch of red text so it will instead be based on a fictional pantheon.

Do people have thoughts or opinions on which they would rather I run?

Edit; If I ran the first one, it would be called *Words of Power*

Edit 2: Lack of feedback will result in me running the second.
    Last edited by gac3; 2021-05-12 at 04:12 PM.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

I have two ideas ready to roll out.

One is probably completely unbalanced and also I can't give any details about roles or anything until after the game starts. But has been in my head as a "wouldn't this be fun as a concept" game. Might also be the type that would be more fun with higher numbers of more active players.

The other would be a much more standard idea about a divine conflict. Original idea was to do a Greek mythology one but a mod came in and slapped down a bunch of red text so it will instead be based on a fictional pantheon.

Do people have thoughts or opinions on which they would rather I run?

Edit; If I ran the first one, it would be called *Words of Power*

Edit 2: Lack of feedback will result in me running the second.
    Choose the second.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

Both sound fun but oersonally I'd prefer the first one.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Both sound fun but oersonally I'd prefer the first one.
    Thinking back, I think you were the indirect inspiration for the first one. So this doesn't surprise me.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I think everyone enjoyed the UPick that I ran well enough that I can stand to run a second one, and I'll have nothing but time soon. Could I go on schedule to run it (as well as staying on schedule for Craziest Idea)?

8. - Top - End - #338

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    I think everyone enjoyed the UPick that I ran well enough that I can stand to run a second one, and I'll have nothing but time soon. Could I go on schedule to run it (as well as staying on schedule for Craziest Idea)?
    I for one would be up for it.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

I am taking a bit of a break. Have to do some rebalancing, some thinking. Put me down for a Yu-Gi-Oh! GX but leave like three spots between me and the bottom one
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I am taking a bit of a break. Have to do some rebalancing, some thinking. Put me down for a Yu-Gi-Oh! GX but leave like three spots between me and the bottom one
    Both are scheduled, as well as a game of mine down the road. We'll see how that goes...

My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #341
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Original idea was to do a Greek mythology one but a mod came in and slapped down a bunch of red text so it will instead be based on a fictional pantheon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #342

Planetar

I have the game set-up with roles is there a place to talk it out with someone? Make sure everything's all good and dandy? I have months to fix it after all.
    Last edited by totadileplayz; 2021-05-12 at 10:11 PM.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

Here is fine.

My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #344

Planetar

The Role List
    Wildmutt: Tracker
    Diamondhead: Any effects that effect them also effect their target
    XLR8: 1-shot stop a lynch.
    Grey Matter: Thief Steals an item related to the role.
    Ghostfreak: Can vote even after they die, but once they are dead can only vote once per day phase.
    Cannonbolt: They can sacrifice their life to save a target.
    Spitter: I will message people for them during the night phase to send things.
    Buzzshock: Choose a target anyone that visited them visited you instead.
    Upchuck: First time someone targets them each night they will use it on the next person to visit them instead
    Snare-Oh: Jailkeeper
    Eye Guy: Lookout
    Ditto: Lover pair modifier roll to find their respective alien transformations.
    Mafia(Werewolf exclusive possibilities)
    Blitzwolfer: Directs the night kill, can roleblock a target.
    Way Big: Brute killer.
    The High-player count exclusive adds.
    Four Arms: Can Challenge a player once if they do so, only them and the challenged party can be voted for.
    Ripjaws: Serial Killer.
    Heatblast: Arsonist
    Arcticguana: Firefighter
    Last edited by totadileplayz; 2021-05-13 at 02:06 PM.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

I have posted a recruitment thread.

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...3#post25046813

I went with the god game but framed it as a Percy Jackson game since I was shown reason to believe that it would not violate any rules about real life religions.

But feel free to put me on the list for Words of Power. I'd still like to try it at some point.

Also if somebody wants to post something else in the last game so that subscribers get a ping? I don't think my post about the new game will because of the way it just updates instead of double posting.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

Schedule updated.

My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #347
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

If I'm coming back, I might as well come back whole hog. I went way, way too detailed with Fallout 1's descriptions and player deaths and burnt myself out right before the end. Plus, you know, unintentionally handing town a victory with my setup.

Let's go ahead and schedule Fallout 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

Added to the schedule.

My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #349
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Does Circle of Assassins exist anymore? (I know this is the WW thread, but it was in structured games, and there is an archive in this thread)

Would anybody be interested?

Here's an example one.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

Ooh yeah those games were fun.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

21. - Top - End - #351

BlueWizardGirl

I'd join.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

she/her

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

Woooooo! Love to see you, Caerulea!
    Show

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Does Circle of Assassins exist anymore? (I know this is the WW thread, but it was in structured games, and there is an archive in this thread)

Here's an example one.
    I'd play that, but then I basically join all games here so.

My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

I would be willing to learn.

25. - Top - End - #355

Now that there's more people registered, could you put me on the list to run a second game? Not sure what it'll be based on yet, but it'll be some sort of board game.

(If we're doing a circle of assassins game, feel free to put that one above mine)
    Last edited by CaoimhinTheCape; 2021-05-19 at 03:19 PM.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Please add me to the list of games after Cao's. Idea TBD, but I have a few percolating and my work situation should be stabilized enough by then to be able to run something.
    (If I happen to have dropped off the Mafia subforum completely by the time it's my turn, feel free just to delete and skip me. But really hoping that doesn't happen.)

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

Cao, JL, you're both added to the schedule. Sorry about the delay.

Penguinator, were you interested in running Circle Of Assassins or just asking if people were interested in playing/running it in general?

My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Tentative theme for my game (no need to update it there, but noting it here for my own thoughts/recollection): an oWoD Mage theme, where there's a essentially two Towns (Traditions and Technocracy), as well as Nephandi (bad mages) embedded in both. But that should only work if enough players...
    Reminder to self: it is bad if the Traditions or Technocracy can control the vote and just off the opposing faction each Day. Make sure there's some ignorance in the 'Town' sub-factions or reason not to claim.

If a more standard game, probably just Traditions vs. Technocracy (maybe with Nephandi serial killer) or Traditions & Tech vs. Nephandi-wolves.

29. - Top - End - #359

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post

Here's an example one.
    Well that's a name I recognise. Been a while friendo, hope life has treated you well.

Now I need to remember my QT details haha.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

30. - Top - End - #360

Planetar

Sure, I'd be up for it. never played it, but it seems a lot easier then mafia.