Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 45 of 45
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2019

    Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

    Id like to be added to the schedule to run a d&d themed game

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Ithilien
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

    Psst, Caerulea, you can start recruitment now...
    Regardless of whether Durzan is busy or not, I think my original spot that I gave to Caerulea was ahead of Durzan in the first place.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

    Any idea what we can do to help with the issue of Town inactivity? That is, of folk leaving the game?

    I know real life happens, and in PbP especially it can have a lot of folk dropping off. But it seems both in the X-Men game and the Wizards game, an inactive Town was a major critical flaw and part of the wolf victory. I didn't mind personally, as I was a wolf in those games, but it does seem unfair and makes the game less like it should be. That is, there's too much an element of 'luck' in "who is going to ghost" impacting the game as opposed to the intel-gathering and paranoia that usually governs a game.

    (As gac3 got confirmation from every poster, the forums being down wasn't the issue in the X-Men game.)

    I guess there's not much to do, and this is a growing pain with getting new players in the Mafia culture in the GitP forums. Was there ghosting like this back when this subforum was really active?

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Avvie by AsteriskAmp

    Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by PartyOfRouges View Post
    Id like to be added to the schedule to run a d&d themed game
    Added to queue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Psst, Caerulea, you can start recruitment now...
    Regardless of whether Durzan is busy or not, I think my original spot that I gave to Caerulea was ahead of Durzan in the first place.
    Caerulea's already been PM'd and replied in the affirmative, not to worry.

    Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Any idea what we can do to help with the issue of Town inactivity? That is, of folk leaving the game?

    I know real life happens, and in PbP especially it can have a lot of folk dropping off. But it seems both in the X-Men game and the Wizards game, an inactive Town was a major critical flaw and part of the wolf victory. I didn't mind personally, as I was a wolf in those games, but it does seem unfair and makes the game less like it should be. That is, there's too much an element of 'luck' in "who is going to ghost" impacting the game as opposed to the intel-gathering and paranoia that usually governs a game.

    (As gac3 got confirmation from every poster, the forums being down wasn't the issue in the X-Men game.)

    I guess there's not much to do, and this is a growing pain with getting new players in the Mafia culture in the GitP forums. Was there ghosting like this back when this subforum was really active?
    Town activity, and a general lack of a player base, has been a problem about as long as I've been playing. Newer players tend to go inactive more than veterans, but the latters not unheard of either (Caerulea kinda ghosted X-Mafia near the end). Generally what can maybe be done to combat inactive/ghosting townies is to put a new player in the wolf team - this gives at least one new player a really important role in the game that'll keep them interested, but also means that the new player balance isn't just "all newbies are townies", which can sometimes (not always, but...sometimes) lead to problems.

    It can be discouraging when a game doesn't go as planned, but it's just bad luck, nothing more. A couple games have gone a bit poorly while we're still getting into a groove - not every game is going to be fun, some are gonna be disappointing in some fashion, but we keep going and building the community up, eventually we'll be regularly having games where a couple inactive townies are painful but ultimately survivable.

    So invite friends from elsewhere on the forum! Maybe pick up a banner for your signature to show off WW/Mafia to people. I recommend Wolf to you specifically, JeenLeen.

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Uhm, I think I want to be put in the waiting list too. Got an idea floating around my head... Hopefully by the time it's my turn I'll have played enough games to have a better idea (there's at least 4 games before me right? If Durzan reappears 5)
    So like- I'll be waiting in one of the farthest corners of the waiting room. Possibly the darkest one.
    Pssst, you forgot me. Though, I'll admit this didn't look like a real "I want in". I'll go for a fantasy feel- general fantasy, I think. Whatever that means.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-03-10 at 01:36 PM.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)


  6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Avvie by AsteriskAmp

    Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Pssst, you forgot me. Though, I'll admit this didn't look like a real "I want in". I'll go for a fantasy feel- general fantasy, I think. Whatever that means.
    Ah, apologies! Adding now...

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Sep 2013

    Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

    Go ahead and put me on the list too. I really should stop talking about running a game someday and actually do it.

    As for activity, yeah it's been kinda a problem here pretty much as long as I've been here. Having some potential AL replacements lined up can help somewhat, but is naturally a lesser of two evils sort of solution. Only real fix is managing to build a big enough playerbase of people who won't flake. And that's obviously easier said than done.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Avvie by AsteriskAmp

    Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    Go ahead and put me on the list too. I really should stop talking about running a game someday and actually do it.

    As for activity, yeah it's been kinda a problem here pretty much as long as I've been here. Having some potential AL replacements lined up can help somewhat, but is naturally a lesser of two evils sort of solution. Only real fix is managing to build a big enough playerbase of people who won't flake. And that's obviously easier said than done.
    Scheduled.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

    Just realized that effectively, "general fantasy setting" and "D&D" aren't much different- in order to make them less similar (in case someone is bothered by that) I'd like if it could be switched to "general urban fantasy setting". Can still do the same things, I'll just switch a few names around.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)


  10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Avvie by AsteriskAmp

    Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Just realized that effectively, "general fantasy setting" and "D&D" aren't much different- in order to make them less similar (in case someone is bothered by that) I'd like if it could be switched to "general urban fantasy setting". Can still do the same things, I'll just switch a few names around.
    Unless somebody declares they're gonna make a series out of it, one game isn't enough to stake a claim to that WW/Mafia concept. Nothing wrong with running multiple fantasy games, unless you're worried people will just be less interested in the concept if it's been recently done, I guess?

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

    The part about people being less interested is exactly it- I don't think that anyone can claim"general fantasy setting", honestly.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)


  12. - Top - End - #42
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Caerulea's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Sleeping on a blanket.

    Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Caerulea kinda ghosted X-Mafia near the end
    I'm really sorry about this. The forums being down kinda screwed with my schedule, and I got behind a few pages. Then I never had the time to look back and analyse what I missed, and then more and more stuff kept getting added on. I'll do better the next games that I participate in.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meus est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not a humanoid. Come not be one too.

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Avvie by AsteriskAmp

    Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    I'm really sorry about this. The forums being down kinda screwed with my schedule, and I got behind a few pages. Then I never had the time to look back and analyse what I missed, and then more and more stuff kept getting added on. I'll do better the next games that I participate in.
    No worries, we've all been there. Was just one more bit of bad luck in a game that already had too many of those I think lol

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Caerulea's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Sleeping on a blanket.

    Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

    And Midwest Mafia is up and recruiting.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meus est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not a humanoid. Come not be one too.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AvatarVecna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Avvie by AsteriskAmp

    Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

    Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    And Midwest Mafia is up and recruiting.
    Schedule and my signature are updated with links.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •