New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    In general, the rules are pointed out in enough places the newbies should get it. If course correction is needed, It'll be handled as normal.

As far as my.game goes, this is about the worst time for it to drop. I'll have to be skipped since my job is in the middle of some crazy work and I'm in the middle of week 2 of 3 for covering both mine and my boss's jobs.
    I'll get Afterlife 2 started then.

- - - Updated - - -

Afterlife 2 is now recruiting.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #542
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    In general, the rules are pointed out in enough places the newbies should get it. If course correction is needed, It'll be handled as normal.
    In my understanding, the general rule is "don't post twice in a row, edit your post instead". But this part of the forum is different, since it will automatically merge posts if necessary. I didn't know this feature existed and other players didn't notice either. If this feature is advertised here, I missed it. Could you send me a link?
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

3. - Top - End - #543
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Must... resist... urge... to... vote... AV...
    I'm not even playing Afterlife and I still want to vote AvatarVecna
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

4. - Top - End - #544

Som reason I thought recruitment would last longer lmao.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

5. - Top - End - #545
    Titan in the Playground

Afterlife 2 has ended in scum victory. Opening posts have been updated.

What are people's thoughts on having a discord server to hang out in, and using private discord chats for private game comms? It's that or mass PMing, unless somebody has a neat suggestion.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Afterlife 2 has ended in scum victory. Opening posts have been updated.

What are people's thoughts on having a discord server to hang out in, and using private discord chats for private game comms? It's that or mass PMing, unless somebody has a neat suggestion.
    I'm down for anything.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ogre in the Playground

Discord sounds good. The only potential downside I can think of is the already mentioned issue of it not really allowing secret members of channels but that shouldn't be a huge problem.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Discord sounds good. The only potential downside I can think of is the already mentioned issue of it not really allowing secret members of channels but that shouldn't be a huge problem.
    Yeah, that'll be one of the main differences between Discord and QT: short of a narrator transposing messages for another player (and that sounds awful tbh), people can only see private stuff by making it clear they can see it.

My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #549
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

I have no better suggestion and I think it could be fun. Are you happy to create the channel AV or are you hoping somebody else will?
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    I have no better suggestion and I think it could be fun. Are you happy to create the channel AV or are you hoping somebody else will?
    Mr Popo/Askthepizzaguy has created one with a "gitp" section, we might be able to use that. I'll ask.

My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #551

Using PopoPizza's server (he has not gone by that name, but I wanted to combine them) for general chat sounds good. For certain games, it may be helpful to create discord servers for that particular game - so if I'm running the game, I could create a new one for the Mafia to talk in and only invite them. Then I would just delete it after the game was over.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Using PopoPizza's server (he has not gone by that name, but I wanted to combine them) for general chat sounds good. For certain games, it may be helpful to create discord servers for that particular game - so if I'm running the game, I could create a new one for the Mafia to talk in and only invite them. Then I would just delete it after the game was over.
    That can work. You could also create a Private Message group for that kind of thing. Temporarily links players together in a little group that the narrator can see, without having to make a new server every time. Either way works, honestly.

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #553

RedKnightGirl

Mr Popo/Askthepizzaguy has created one with a "gitp" section, we might be able to use that. I'll ask.
    Thank you. If he agrees, I would like to be invited.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

14. - Top - End - #554

ClericGuy

I think, Servers / Rooms for the individual games are better than one fixed server.
    After all, you need different groups for every game, depending on the distribution of wolves.

The general discussion can easily stay here, on the forum.

I wonder if you could set up a Bot to copy messages from one room to another to enable anonymous access to certain groups. But that's only necessary if you want to play those kind of games.
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ogre in the Playground

I think, Servers / Rooms for the individual games are better than one fixed server.
    After all, you need different groups for every game, depending on the distribution of wolves.
    I think that part wouldn't be an issue with AV's suggestion. The narrator would just make a PM group with the current wolves (or a new channel I suppose, but I don't think there's any particular advantage to that in this case). That said, I don't think there's any real downside to just making a different server for each game (or is there like a limit to the number of servers you can create? I've made so few).

16. - Top - End - #556

I think you can only be a part of 100 servers at a time. And by only I mean I don't think I'll ever hit that, especially assuming we delete servers after the game is done.

17. - Top - End - #557

Devil

Yeah, that'll be one of the main differences between Discord and QT: short of a narrator transposing messages for another player (and that sounds awful tbh), people can only see private stuff by making it clear they can see it.
    I haven't looked deep into that, but I think you can have bots transposing messages. If you add that bot to each and every channel even when it's not given instructions to transpose you can maintain a proper level of paranoia.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I haven't looked deep into that, but I think you can have bots transposing messages. If you add that bot to each and every channel even when it's not given instructions to transpose you can maintain a proper level of paranoia.
    I must admit I kinda like the idea of a bot looming in every channel, possibly revealing what you say to the enemy. If there is a bot with the functions we're looking for (or one can be made), it shouldn't add much extra work for the narrator either, you'd just have to invite it to every group.

19. - Top - End - #559

RedKnightGirl

AV, next time you're updating the schedule, could you name my game "Candy-Coated WW"? I've decided not to try anything fancy the first time around and to just stick with traditional roles but with confectionery-related names (I don't think that that's been done). If possible I'll find a successful game in the archives with the same number of players that I get and copy their role distribution. Thank you!

20. - Top - End - #560

On that note, mine will be Dead of Winter Mafia.

Is the next game Ben10 or Fallout?

21. - Top - End - #561

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    On that note, mine will be Dead of Winter Mafia.

Is the next game Ben10 or Fallout?
    I'm assuming the latter since Totadileplayz doesn't show any recent activity in their profile.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm assuming the latter since Totadileplayz doesn't show any recent activity in their profile.
    Could be neither, I think we've already skipped Fallout once due to flat_footed being busy (or am I getting things mixed up? ) so if that continues it might be time for Xi's game.

23. - Top - End - #563

AV, next time you're updating the schedule, could you name my game "Candy-Coated WW"? I've decided not to try anything fancy the first time around and to just stick with traditional roles but with confectionery-related names (I don't think that that's been done). If possible I'll find a successful game in the archives with the same number of players that I get and copy their role distribution. Thank you!
    Better not be a role called sugapoof.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

24. - Top - End - #564

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Better not be a role called sugapoof.
    Ok, but if you end up being a wolf, I reserve the right to Sugawoof

25. - Top - End - #565

Ok, but if you end up being a wolf, I reserve the right to Sugawoof
    Extra characters

- - - Updated - - -

And now I'm dead the moment I sign up.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

26. - Top - End - #566

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    And now I'm dead the moment I sign up.
    Oh no, you are too sweet to die!

But regarding sign up... when will the next game start recruiting? After the discord things are clear?
    Show

27. - Top - End - #567
    Titan in the Playground

Oh no, you are too sweet to die!

But regarding sign up... when will the next game start recruiting? After the discord things are clear?
    I'm still waiting on a response from Pizza. Fortunately, we only need that before game-start, not before recruitment.

I PM'd flat_footed a while ago asking if they're good to run. If I don't hear back by the end of the day I'll move to the next person in the schedule.

My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #568
    Titan in the Playground

No word from f_f yet and it's been a few days since then. Moving forward...

My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #569
    Titan in the Playground

Wow, we've jumped ahead a bit!
    I will read over my role list rq for final corrections but I believe I am good to go!

- - - Updated - - -

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX is ready to roll!
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

30. - Top - End - #570
    Titan in the Playground

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX is pending approval.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!