New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Default Graduates of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Thanks to your Ultimate Talent, you graduated from Hope's Peak Academy, the shining beacon that enlightens the world's future. Your graduation is the last thing you remember when you wake up in a gym, surrounded by strangers.
    Before you can properly assess the situation, a strange teddy bear, white on one side and black on the other, takes place at the podium and makes his announcement.
    "Hello, graduates of Hope's Peak ! Ready to have the fun of your lives? I challenge you all... to a killing game !"
    Before you can formulate any protestation, the bear continues.
    "The rules are simple. I've brought a few killers along with your little group. You win if you can get rid of them. You lose if they kill too many of you, or if you fall into despair."
    "But how do you get rid of them? Very good question ! After each murder, I will give you some time to investigate before holding a Trial. You will then have a chance to kill one of you by vote. Better not get it wrong !"
    The bear laughs.
    "As the arbiter of this little event, I also hold the right to adapt the rules to your performance. So you might need to pay a little more attention as time goes by."
    Spoiler: Detailed rules
    Show

Teams and victory conditions
    Players are either part of the White team (Town), the Black team (Wolf), or are Grey (Neutral).
    Players who commit murder become blackened. Becoming blackened does not make you join the Black team. Players are always informed when they are blackened. Becoming blackened is irreversible.
    The game ends when at least one of three conditions is met :
    Every member of the Black team is dead, resulting in a White team victory,
    Half of the remaining living players are members of the Black team, resulting in a Black team victory, or
    Every remaining player is blackened, resulting in a Black team victory.
    The game may be cut short if one of those situations becomes unavoidable.
    If both teams should win, only the Black team wins.
    Each Grey player have their own victory conditions depending on their role.
    The narrator is known as Monokuma. Monokuma enforces the spirit of the rules and avoid lying, but will still side with the Black team most of the time.

Ultimate talents and actions
    Every player has an unique Ultimate talent (or role) that gives them various abilities to use during the game.
    Grey and Black player have an additional unique Grey or Black talent, respectively.
    During each phase, players can use the actions described in their Ultimate talent(s) in addition to the regular actions described in those rules. Non-actions abilities are used automatically.
    Most actions can be canceled, blocked, redirected or traced by other actions or by non-action abilities.
    Canceling prevents the action from occurring and any other effects from interacting with it, but you will always be informed if one of your actions is canceled. Canceling is always resolved first.
    Redirecting takes effect before blocking and changes the target(s) of an action.
    Blocking prevents the action from having any effect without preventing it from being traced.
    Tracing allows the tracer to learn information about the action. Wich information is learnt depends of the tracing action. Some tracing actions may occur on later phases than the traced action.
    If an Ultimate talent contradict the general rules, it supercedes them.

Private chats
    A discord server will be opened to establish a wolfchat, a deadchat, and other private chats based on roles. Everyone will have a private chat with the narrator on Discord to receive their roles, take notes and secretly communicate actions. No other private communication is allowed.
    Due to the existence of revival abilities, you may not immediatelly be invited in the deadchat upon your death.

Game phases, regulations and general actions

Trial (day)
    This phase last around 48 hours.
    At the start of this phase, Monokuma reveals the team affiliation and Ultimate talents of the dead players.
    Players then have an opportunity to vote.
    Trial phases are followed by daily life phases.

Daily life (night)
    This phase last around 24 hours.
    At the start of this phase, Monokuma enacts a new regulation.
    Players may be assigned a hangout group at the start of the phase. Hangout groups restrict the targeting options of many actions.
    If nobody dies after a daily life phase, it is followed by another daily life phase. Otherwise, it is followed by a deadly life phase.

Deadly life (dawn)
    This is a preliminary 'day' phase and will last around 24 hours.
    At the start of this phase, the deads are announced, but their roles are not revealed yet.
    Players then have an opportunity to investigate.
    Deadly life phases are followed by trial phases.

Regulations and punishment
    Regulations are permanent. They either alter the rules or allow Monokuma to punish players who misbehave. Regulations are not retroactive.
    As a daily life (night) action, Monokuma can punish a player who violated any regulation at any point. Attempting to cancel, block or redirect this action will instead redirect it on you. Monokuma's victims can't be revived or investigated.

Vote
    As a trial action, each player can publicly vote for another player to be executed.
    Your vote should be made in bold red.
    The player with the most votes is taken out at the end of the trial. In the case of a tie, Monokuma chooses wich of the tied players is executed.
    A vote tally will be made public. This tally is made before vote manipulation actions are taken into consideration.
    You can redirect or cancel your vote by voting again. Editing a previous vote has no effect.
    When a player is executed, their team affiliation and Ultimate talent are immediately revealed.

Hanging out
    As an action in any phase, each player may make hangout plans that will be enacted in the next daily life phase.
    Your hangouts declarations should be made in bold green.
    You can hang out in a location by declaring the name of that location. The possible hangout locations are the cafeteria, the lounge and the gym.
    You can hang out with a specific player by declaring their name. However, if that player end up sulking, you will also be sulking.
    Players who made no hangout declarations will hang out in the same location as they did in the previous daily life phase.
    Players who declare sulking, make an invalid declaration or end up alone in their hangout location are all sulking. Sulking players don't join any hangout location.
    You can redirect or cancel your hangout plans by making new ones.

Investigation
    As a deadly life action, each player can conduct an investigation by declaring publicly what they want to focus on. They can investigate the crime scene of a body that was announced at the start of the phase, the alibis of players in a hangout location, or the whereabouts of any Ultimate talent they can name.
    Your investigation declarations should be made in bold blue.
    As a deadly life action, players may disrupt the investigation they declared instead by informing the narrator on their private chat. This will block all investigations of the declared target for this phase.
    When investigating a crime scene, you trace the killing action and you randomly learn the hangout location of the killer or the name of their Black talent, unless they were sulking or your investigation was disrupted.
    When investigating alibis, you trace the daily life action(s) of a random player hanging out in the chosen location and learn the name(s) of their target(s), unless your investigation was disrupted.
    When investigating the whereabouts of an Ultimate talent, you trace their daily life action associated with that talent and randomly learn their hangout location or the name of their target, unless they did no action associated with that talent, they were sulking, or your investigation was disrupted.
    When several players conduct the same investigation, they will always learn different information from each other if possible.
    You can redirect or cancel your investigation by declaring a new one.

Player list :
    • Let'sGetKraken
    • Snowblaze
    • Zelphas
    • Illven
    • Dakrsidder
    • Book Wombat
    • bladescape
    • Batcathat
    • CaoimhinTheCape
    • Athedia
    • MossDragon
    • Persolus
    Last edited by Cazero; 2024-04-28 at 04:26 PM.
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Default Re: Graduates of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

"And in case you got some bright idea or think I'm not serious about this..."
    The bear pulls a dead body from behind the podium. It's visibly been shot multiple times. Immediately, the speakers make an annoucement in the bear's voice :
    "A body has been discovered !"

"I suppose since the system is working so well, I'll give you a freebie. Time to head for your first Trial !"
    The floor opens to reveal an elevator ready to take you down. You're hesitant at first, but one by one, you all decide to climb aboard. You quickly reach an audience chamber with seats set up for each of you... and one for the dead?

Even though he didn't take the elevator, the bear is already here, sitting upon the judge's chair.
    "I just realised that I forgot to introduce myself. I am Monokuma, the game master, and I will be presiding over our trials. Ahem. I declare this session open !"

"Let's begin with an eulogy. This trial is held to avenge the death of Cazero, who was the Ultimate Bouncer."
    You are the Ultimate Bouncer
    As an action in any phase, you can make a public list of players. Only these players may join your hangout group in the following phase. Players not on the list who try to hangout with you are forced to sulk and will learn your identity and the name of your Ultimate talent.
    As a daily life (night) action, you can redirect on you actions from outside your hangout group targeting anyone in your hangout group. You trace the actions you redirected and learn the identities of their perpetrators.
    "Whoever feels like filling the role of the accusation may now present their opening statement."

The game has started ! Trial 0 is in session. The phase will end in approximately 70 hours.

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Obligatory disclaimer that I will be busy IRL and do not have time for this game, except this time I actually mean it, and I know I said that last time and was still second-highest poster but...

That aside, I am in doubt about who to random-vote, and neither AV nor Xihirli are playing. Uh, I guess it's been a while since Batcathat and I tried to get each other killed?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, huh, there is mechanical stuff we need to think about D1. I am too tired to figure out the optimal way to do things rn so I will just hang out in the lounge and see if anyone wants to join me.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hello Dakrsidder, I believe I haven't played with you yet.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

Well as legal Princess it is my job to oversee the trial.

Snowblaze care to defend yourself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Well as legal Princess it is my job to oversee the trial.

Snowblaze care to defend yourself?
    Um... whatever you're accusing me of, I didn't do it?

Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Read the rules, not sure I grasp all of them. Let's get Let'sGetKraken.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Oh, Monokuma....

I have bad internet today and most of tomorrow, but will post when I can. Opening random roll landed on CaoimhinTheCape, so there's where I'll start things for me.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Um... whatever you're accusing me of, I didn't do it?
    I saw you, with the plastic can holders, and the turtle and...

oh I made myself sad.

Also you probably murdered Cazero. Maybe?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

10. - Top - End - #10

Alrighty, let's see what we're got going on. First thing I don't understand is the Investigation. Don't know if I like the sound of a "deadly life" action, but sounds like this should be helpful. Do we get this on the Night 0 body or do we have to wait for the wolves to actually act?

From what I understand about it, investigating the crime scene gets you info on the killer (unless the killer was sulking or someone sabotages). Investigating alibis gets you tracking info on a random player. Or investigate an Ultimate Talent gives you info on how a talent was used?

Due to interruptions of these investigations, should we all try different investigation actions when the time comes, so everyone's goes through? Or should we put people into small groups so that if an investigation is disrupted there's only 2 or 3 suspects?

Well, due to Snowblaze being the only one to pick a location so far, I am strongly against voting her (read: ehh, it's not strong but still don't really care to).

On that note, I would like to join Snowblaze in the Lounge.

I will vote LetsGetKraken . There's nothing to be suspicious of (especially due to lack of post) but wanna be the second vote somewhere.

Spoiler: Voting
    Show
    Votes:
    Batcathat: Snowblaze
    Dakrsidder: bladescape
    Snowblaze: Illven
    LetsGetKraken: Batcathat, CaoimhinTheCape
    CaoimhinTheCape: Zelphas
    No Vote: LetsGetKraken, Dakrsidder, BookWombat, Athedia, MossDragon, Persolus

Hang Out:
    Cafeteria:
    Lounge: Snowblaze
    Gym:
    No Vote: Let'sGetKraken, Zelphas, Illven, Dakrsidder, Book Wombat, bladescape, Batcathat, CaoimhinTheCape, Athedia, MossDragon,, Persolus

Investigation:
    No Vote: Snowblaze, Let'sGetKraken, Zelphas, Illven, Dakrsidder, Book Wombat, bladescape, Batcathat, CaoimhinTheCape, Athedia, MossDragon,, Persolus

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Hello Dakrsidder, I believe I haven't played with you yet.
    Salutations. You’d be correct in believing that, seeing as this is my second time here. That said, the dice tell me someone may not live to see the Illventh hour

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Do we get this on the Night 0 body or do we have to wait for the wolves to actually act?
    "Nah, you don't get to investigate this body. Nothing much to learn anyway since I killed him myself."

From what I understand about it, investigating the crime scene gets you info on the killer (unless the killer was sulking or someone sabotages). Investigating alibis gets you tracking info on a random player. Or investigate an Ultimate Talent gives you info on how a talent was used?
    "Yeah, that's about right."

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    "Nah, you don't get to investigate this body. Nothing much to learn anyway since I killed him myself."
    I'd say that by this, we have our killer and our first natural vote... but going off of the source material, antagonizing the bear is a quick route to getting a spear in the gut or a bomb in the face, so we're back to hoping for the best on the Day 1 vote.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Mr Monokuma Sir, if we do not vote for anyone is that counted as a tie?"
    Moved my stuff over to HERE!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    I saw you, with the plastic can holders, and the turtle and...

oh I made myself sad.

Also you probably murdered Cazero. Maybe?
    Monokuma has confessed to the murder of Cazero, making me innocent of that. And as for what I did to the turtle... hides can holders behind back don't know what you're talking about.

Well, due to Snowblaze being the only one to pick a location so far, I am strongly against voting her (read: ehh, it's not strong but still don't really care to).

On that note, I would like to join Snowblaze in the Lounge.
    paranoid twitching

Okay that aside Caoimhin is either town for trying to think through mechanics and promote activity or a wolf trying to look like town trying to think through mechanics and promote activity. Not sure which. Gut says town but also giving people town points for having vaguely good posts that aren't particularly hard to fake is a mistake I've made too often recently.

Eh. Let's go with "not voting Day One without good reasons", shall we?

Extended Signature

16. - Top - End - #16

For a ten out of ten round, I accuse you Athedia!
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    "Mr Monokuma Sir, if we do not vote for anyone is that counted as a tie?"
    "Well, I wouldn't want to give you the wrong impression, so let's be clear. If you don't want to vote, that's on you. I'll just ignore your pouting. But when this Trial ends, tie or no tie, I will kill exactly one of you."

"But good point for asking the question. I wouldn't want the game to be spoiled by a silly misunderstanding over the rules of all things."

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

18. - Top - End - #18

"So a count of zero still triggers the tie breaker. Good to know. There are 12 of us and 3 locations. Being as I have never been in a death game like this before, would we suspect that whoever dies next will likely have spent time in the location with their killer?"

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    "So a count of zero still triggers the tie breaker. Good to know. There are 12 of us and 3 locations. Being as I have never been in a death game like this before, would we suspect that whoever dies next will likely have spent time in the location with their killer?"
    Maybe, maybe not. The descriptions reads:

Daily life (night)
    This phase last around 24 hours.
    At the start of this phase, Monokuma enacts a new regulation.
    Players may be assigned a hangout group at the start of the phase. Hangout groups restrict the targeting options of many actions.
    If nobody dies after a daily life phase, it is followed by another daily life phase. Otherwise, it is followed by a deadly life phase.
    "Many actions" may not include the Night Kill. From a mechanics standpoint, if it was limited in that way and we all distributed evenly (4 people at each location) then come morning there's a 1 in 3 chance of finding the killer, which only becomes more of a tell as there are less players.

Actually, looking at it now, it seems like we keep repeating Night phases until a kill goes through? So if a Doc or Roleblocker stops a kill, we do another Night phase until maf gets a kill that goes through?

Spoiler: Voting
    Show
    Votes:
    Batcathat: Snowblaze
    Dakrsidder: bladescape
    Snowblaze: Illven
    LetsGetKraken: Batcathat, CaoimhinTheCape
    CaoimhinTheCape: Zelphas
    Illven: Dakrsidder
    Athedia: BookWombat
    No Vote: LetsGetKraken, Athedia, MossDragon, Persolus

Hang Out:
    Cafeteria:
    Lounge: Snowblaze, CaoimhinTheCape
    Gym:
    No Vote: Let'sGetKraken, Zelphas, Illven, Dakrsidder, Book Wombat, bladescape, Batcathat, Athedia, MossDragon,, Persolus

Investigation:
    No Vote: Snowblaze, Let'sGetKraken, Zelphas, Illven, Dakrsidder, Book Wombat, bladescape, Batcathat, CaoimhinTheCape, Athedia, MossDragon,, Persolus

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Actually, looking at it now, it seems like we keep repeating Night phases until a kill goes through? So if a Doc or Roleblocker stops a kill, we do another Night phase until maf gets a kill that goes through?
    "That's exactly correct ! Gold star."

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Until someone gets a kill, at least. Presumably neutral and/or town kills would also count. Though even if those exist, I suspect that rule might end up helping the wolves (especially towards the end, when there are less people).

As for the hangout thing, I asked Cazero about that and somewhat surprisingly actually got an answer, which was that it's a "safe assumption" that the kill isn't limited by hangout place (which is also supported by one of the investigation results being rather useless if we already know where the killer was).

22. - Top - End - #22

Players are either part of the White team (Town), the Black team (Wolf), or are Grey (Neutral).
    Players who commit murder become blackened. Becoming blackened does not make you join the Black team. Players are always informed when they are blackened. Becoming blackened is irreversible.
    The game ends when at least one of three conditions is met :
    Every member of the Black team is dead, resulting in a White team victory,
    Half of the remaining living players are members of the Black team, resulting in a Black team victory, or
    Every remaining player is blackened, resulting in a Black team victory.
    Given the rules about being blackened, a Town killing power is almost guaranteed to exist. So I could see a Town kill going through rather than a Wolf kill.

That said, if you're a Town vig you better be sure of your shot - after you kill you count as a number toward Wolves outnumbering Town.

23. - Top - End - #23

"I am wondering about there being a role that reverses blackening maybe? That might give the White team an edge. Or one that like negates it? Because otherwise it seems rather weighted. And Mr. Monokuma wouldn't be unfair like that. It would make the game end to soon."

24. - Top - End - #24

Becoming blackened is irreversible.
    Apparently not, from what is said.
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

25. - Top - End - #25

Ugh, like, seriously? Do I really have to grace this gathering with my presence? Whatever, let's just get it over with.

I'm like, totally clueless as to why anyone would even dare to suspect me. Like, do you even know who I am? Clearly not, because if you did, you'd know better. And seriously, voting for me? As if!

Let's go with BookWombat, because why not? It's not like I care anyway.

I guess I'll attempt to figure out these lame rules everyone's obsessing over. But just a heads up, I'll be back, and I expect everything to be sorted out by then.
    Last edited by Let'sGetKraken; Yesterday at 03:51 PM.
    Loser of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Astral Collective

Winner of Total War: Hanrui 3
    as
    The Four Courts of Hanrui/The Equinox League

Plausible Victor of Total War: Pricipia
    as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

tfw you want to kill Kraken because of his RP...

I will try to find time and mental energy for reads and/or properly thinking through mechanics at some point. In the meantime have a vote count, mostly so I actually know who's playing. (I just realised that since Caoimhin is playing this is kind of redundant. Eh, doing it anyway.)

Let'sGetKraken 2: Batcathat, CaoimhinTheCape
    Batcathat 1: Snowblaze
    Dakrsidder 1: bladescape
    Snowblaze 1: Illven
    CaoimhinTheCape 1: Zelphas
    Illven 1: Dakrsidder
    Athedia 1: Book Wombat
    Book Wombat 1: Let'sGetKraken

Posted without voting: Athedia

No posts: Persolus, MossDragon

Come hang out with the cool kids in the Lounge! I brought snacks... not that I plan to share them, but I did bring them.

Extended Signature

27. - Top - End - #27

"I really wish no-one had to die tonight. But if we have to chose someone... bladescape doesn't have votes currently."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Just over thirty hours left. We don't really have wagons. Lovely.

Anyway I have now actually read the setup. Still turning things over in my head, trying to figure out optimal ways of doing things.

@Cazero does a person who doesn't declare a hangout location before the first daily life phase end up sulking?

Extended Signature

29. - Top - End - #29

I guess I'll join Lounge
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

30. - Top - End - #30

Right I should probably pick a spot. cafeteria I am hungry irl.