New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Okay. My plan before this was to sit down tonight and try to finalize my rules. So I can just go ahead and post once that's done.
    Glad to hear it, because I'm in no way ready to run my game. But I'll start working on it, so I should be ready when my slot comes up.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...ackson-Mafia-2

Okay. Percy Jackson Mafia is recruiting for it's second time. Some big changes this time around. I had intended to send this set up out for feedback today but since I'm now up next, let me know if you see any issues and I'm open to hearing them.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Titan in the Playground

Percy Jackson Mafia 2 is recruiting. Added to schedule and signature.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

So when does that mean I should be ready to start recruitment for my game? Like three weeks?

5. - Top - End - #755
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    So when does that mean I should be ready to start recruitment for my game? Like three weeks?
    That's correct.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #756
    Titan in the Playground

Afterlife 3 has ended in Narrator victory. Schedule and multi-game archive updated.

My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #757
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Afterlife 3 has ended in Narrator victory. Schedule and multi-game archive updated.
    Lies! Deception!
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

8. - Top - End - #758
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Lies! Deception!
    Watching it all happen from the empty wolf chat was a rare treat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

9. - Top - End - #759

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    Watching it all happen from the empty wolf chat was a rare treat.
    I meant to say that AV didn't update the schedule, but yeah. It's also fitting for her game.
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

Batcathat will you be ready to start recruiting on the 22nd?

My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

Batcathat will you be ready to start recruiting on the 22nd?
    Yeah, that should be fine, I'm mostly done with my planning. Though I'll be traveling on the 22nd, I should still have time, but if not then the 23rd for sure.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ogre in the Playground

Quick poll: Do people prefer having all potential roles known in advance or having them be a secret?

I was planning on having the roles of my game be secret (since I think I prefer playing in games like that, where you get to kind discover everything) but it occurred to me that other people might feel differently. I can't promise I'll go with the popular option, but at least I'll know it.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and each role will be a Dresden Files character, so I guess a third option would be for me to reveal what characters are in the game, but not what powers they have (or who plays each character) and people can have fun trying to guess what power I'd give each character (though that's admittedly mostly fun for any other Dresden Files fans among you ).

13. - Top - End - #763

ClericGuy

Quick poll: Do people prefer having all potential roles known in advance or having them be a secret?

I was planning on having the roles of my game be secret (since I think I prefer playing in games like that, where you get to kind discover everything) but it occurred to me that other people might feel differently. I can't promise I'll go with the popular option, but at least I'll know it.
    I tend to like to know the rules / roles, especially when they are uncommon.
    But I won't cry if they are a secret either. (And in fact, I'm leaning on leaving things unsaid in my own game as well. Plus a bastard mechanic)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and each role will be a Dresden Files character, so I guess a third option would be for me to reveal what characters are in the game, but not what powers they have (or who plays each character) and people can have fun trying to guess what power I'd give each character (though that's admittedly mostly fun for any other Dresden Files fans among you ).
    Didn't read them. But I like another series of the same author, so I might give the Dreden Files a try. But not before your game.
    That being said, if there are fans here, I think this might be fun for them, so go for it.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ogre in the Playground

- - - Updated - - -

Fascinating. I've only read the first few Dresden books but they are on my list. Should be fun.

Personally though, I don't care how much is secret vs public in the sense I will sign up either way. From a gameplay perspective I like when there is room for wolves to get creative. When every possible role is known and you know which are wolves and which are town, wolves are screwed by any real attempts to claim. Especially if there are a small number of roles. That's how I came up with my Percy Jackson concept. If I put a ridiculous number of roles compared to player counts and make it so any could be wolf or town, then the wolves have plenty of room to play and strategize the social part.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground

Fascinating. I've only read the first few Dresden books but they are on my list. Should be fun.

Personally though, I don't care how much is secret vs public in the sense I will sign up either way. From a gameplay perspective I like when there is room for wolves to get creative. When every possible role is known and you know which are wolves and which are town, wolves are screwed by any real attempts to claim. Especially if there are a small number of roles. That's how I came up with my Percy Jackson concept. If I put a ridiculous number of roles compared to player counts and make it so any could be wolf or town, then the wolves have plenty of room to play and strategize the social part.
    Oh, I should have clarified that. The roles, whether they are secret or known, won't be directly connected to alignment. So any character could be either town or wolf. The basic role setup is kind of similar to your Percy Jackson games actually, including extra powers for the wolves (those will be secret, however, regardless of how I handle the roles).

16. - Top - End - #766

Oh, I should have clarified that. The roles, whether they are secret or known, won't be directly connected to alignment. So any character could be either town or wolf. The basic role setup is kind of similar to your Percy Jackson games actually, including extra powers for the wolves (those will be secret, however, regardless of how I handle the roles).
    Do what you want.

Be the Narrator you dream to be.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

Then yeah. I say go with what blade said. Follow your dreams.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

I have no preference, just think about how knowing the roles might affect game balance.

I think it would be a really cool idea to know which characters are in the game so those of us who want to can look them up and roleplay, especially if powers/alignment aren't deducible from our character name
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Do what you want.

Be the Narrator you dream to be.
    Well, yeah, I'll obviously do what I want (though I suspect I'll be a slightly worse Narrator than the one I dream to be), but it's useful knowing what other people prefer too.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    I think it would be a really cool idea to know which characters are in the game so those of us who want to can look them up and roleplay, especially if powers/alignment aren't deducible from our character name
    Roleplaying might be fun, but while alignment won't be tied to your character, powers will be, so out yourself at your own risk. The third option was for me to reveal that characters A, B, C, etc. are in the game but not who is playing them.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Roleplaying might be fun, but while alignment won't be tied to your character, powers will be, so out yourself at your own risk. The third option was for me to reveal that characters A, B, C, etc. are in the game but not who is playing them.
    Players who don't know about Dresden Files are at a (at least slight) disadvantage, if Roles/powers are secret.
    But I think I've played in games where I've been at a slight disadvantage like that due to ignornace, and it didn't greatly impair my enjoyment. Just it's some ignorance that could make one have a harder time fakeclaiming or identifying fakeclaims.

I like how gac3 did his game, since it makes my ignorance of the series (besides talk of Neutrals) a non-factor.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ogre in the Playground

Recruitment is up, but I won't be for long so if you have any questions I probably won't answer them until tomorrow.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Titan in the Playground

Recruitment is up, but I won't be for long so if you have any questions I probably won't answer them until tomorrow.
    Schedule and signature updated.

My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

Put me down for running "Power of the People".

Concept taken from discussion in the Percy Jackson dead chat.

Concept:
    Low power role game. (Maybe vig, bane, and seer. If there are other classics then that too.)
    Each night members of town privately vote for who is targetted by the powered roles.
    The powered roles are still tied to specific people.

Example:
    AV is the seer.
    Night 1 all townies vote for who to scry.
    Day 2 AV gets scry results and still must choose to reveal or not reveal as normal.
    If AV dies, town no longer has a scry.

Suggestions are welcome if issues are seen.
    Last edited by gac3; 2022-06-23 at 04:56 PM.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Definitely like that concept but there might be a way to break it and reduce to solve-by-mechanics. Would vig/baner be informed of their targets?
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

Percy Jackson 2 has ended in a victory for Town and the neutral Egyptian Mage (Flatfooted) and neutral child of Notus (Xihirli). Special shout out to the Sniper Xumtiil.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Definitely like that concept but there might be a way to break it and reduce to solve-by-mechanics. Would vig/baner be informed of their targets?
    Good question. Still works hopping. I'm leaning towards... Yes? Thoughts?

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

Percy Jackson 2 has ended in a victory for Town and the neutral Egyptian Mage (Flatfooted) and neutral child of Notus (Xihirli). Special shout out to the Sniper Xumtiil.

- - - Updated - - -

Good question. Still works hopping. I'm leaning towards... Yes? Thoughts?
    Schedule and archive updated. First game moved to multi-archive.

My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #777
    Titan in the Playground

Put me down for a Mice and Murder game.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

28. - Top - End - #778
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Put me down for a Mice and Murder game.
    Scheduled.

My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #779

ClericGuy

Scheduled.
    Add me to the schedule another time as well, please. Just to make sure I don't need to wait for years
    Name to be decided.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #780
    Titan in the Playground

Add me to the schedule another time as well, please. Just to make sure I don't need to wait for years
    Name to be decided.
    Scheduled.

My Homebrew