A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Dead of Winter Mafia

Now, settle down everyone, settle down. Remember, we're trying to keep this civilized even if the world has gone to crap around us.

We're here to discuss the recent deaths, undoubtedly caused by the group known as the Werewolves. They infiltrate communities, pretending to be contributing members but slowly killing off the group they 'join'. We've been lucky enough to avoid them up until now.

It was only after the influx of new members that we've had this issue, I've compiled the list of suspects on the board here. I'm very interested to see who each of the new members suspects, it'll probably give us more information than if longstanding members threw out accusations.

And even through all of this, we need to make sure that we focus on surviving as a Colony. Make sure you privately report where you're going to help out after this decision: The Colony, the Police Station, the School, the Hospital, the Gas Station, or the Library. Come to me if you need a reminder on what we're looking for at each place.

Guess we better get this unpleasantness started.

- Daniel Smith, sheriff

1. Taffimai
    2. BatCatHat
    3. Snowblaze
    4. Rogan
    5. Valmark
    6. Supagoof
    7. AvatarVecna
    8. gac3
    9. Book Wombat
    10. Bladescape
    11. Flat_Footed
    12. Kish
    13. Libro
    14. Lady Serpentine

NPCs
    1. Mike Cho (Ninja)
    2. Alexis Grey (Librarian)
    3. Thomas Heart (Soldier)
    4. Maria Lopez (Teacher)
    5. Daniel Smith (Sheriff)
    6. Sparky (Stunt Dog)
    7. Janet Taylor (Nurse)
    8. James Meyers (Psychiatrist)
    9. Arthur Thurston (Principal)
    10. Annaleigh Chan (Lawyer)
    11. Carla Thompson (Police Dispatcher)
    12. John Price (Student)
    13. Edward White (Chemist)
    14. Ashley Ross (Construction Worker)

Spoiler: Recruitment info
    Show

Welcome everyone! This is Mafia, a game of social deduction where you are assigned to either the Village or the Werewolves. As Village, there are more of you but you are unorganized - discuss to try and route out the killers in your midst. As Werewolves, there are only a few of you but you can talk to one another and plan your kills so that your group can eventually outnumber the Villagers.

Basic Overview

The game will be played in two phases.

First is the Discussion Phase (Day Phase) which lasts about 48 hours. During this time, everyone will discuss in the main thread who they think is Mafia. Villagers may only discuss in the main thread, while Wolves are allowed to speak in thread or their private discord server. Whoever has the most votes will be removed from the game and their alignment revealed. You can vote for someone by putting their name in red text. If you would like to change your vote, you should write your new vote in red and go back to your previous post to strike through your old vote. I will count each player's most recent vote when determining who will be lynched. When someone is lynched, you will be told their name and role, but not the number of votes cast against anyone.

In the case of a tie, whoever has been at the number of votes to lynch longer. So if Player A has 2 votes and then Player B receives 2 votes, Player A would be lynched. Continuing the example, if someone unvoted Player A instead (making it 1v2) and then someone votes Player A again (2v2), Player B would be lynched instead (due to the unvote).

There is one more piece to the Discussion Phase, specific to this game. Privately, you should tell me which location you would like to visit during the second phase, described below. You may change your mind up until the end of the Day Phase.

Second is the Scavenge Phase (Night Phase) which lasts about 24 hours. During this phase, the Werewolves may choose who they would like to kill. In a regular game, any Villagers with abilities would be able to submit their actions now. This game of Mafia will be different in that rather than individual people having powers, there are locations you can go to and collectively use a power. Each location will get a private thread for discussion and ultimately vote on how to use the power. For example, everyone at the hospital can discuss who they believe are Wolves, who they can trust, etc. and during this time vote on who they should use the Hospital's protection power on. Villagers may only speak in the Location that they selected, while Wolves may speak in their private discord server and their Location.

After the Scavenge Phase is over, all of the actions will resolve. I will give results to each location as applicable and the game moves back to the main thread where I reveal who died and the game picks up in a new Discussion Phase.

The game ends when all the Werewolves have been eliminated or there is no way to prevent the Werewolves from outnumbering the Village.

Other Rules/stuff:

Inactivity: If a player fails to post publicly over 2 full phases (a full phase being both Day and Night), they are considered inactive. Ideally, they would be replaced by a new player but if I cannot find a replacement in time they will be auto-lynched (removed from the game as if they had been killed). If you will be unable to get online to post in your games for some period of time, you should notify the narrator(s) in advance, either in-thread or via PM.

Discord: We will be using Discord for private communication. You'll need a free account, after which I can invite you to the game's server(s). If setting up a Discord account is an issue for you, but you would like to play, PM me and we'll see if we can work something out. I'll post the links to the Discord servers closer to game start.

Flavor Text: While I'm not going to post anything gory, this game is inspired by the Zombie/horror genre. Some of the narration may imply deaths that fit into the genre. If that's a problem for you but you still want to play, send me a message and I can make sure I stay away from anything past "so and so died". I'd much rather do simple narration than lose a potential player.

Location Overview/Notes

The following are the locations you can travel to during the Scavenge Phase. Each one has a unique power that activates at the end of the Night and allows you group communication with anyone there. If you do not send me any locations during the Discussion Phase you will default to choosing the Colony. You always know the players who have made the same location selection as you.

The Colony - You spend time helping the survivors at the colony. While you are here, choose an NPC survivor from the list. During the next Discussion Phase this NPC will support you, doubling the power of your vote as long as they are alive during that phase. The other players will not know that your vote counts as double. If more players choose to stay at the Colony than there are NPCs, the player here must all agree on how to pair up the remaining NPCs, leaving at least one person without the extra vote.

There are a few ways for how NPCs can die. First, if a player staying at the Colony is killed, whatever NPC they paired with will die as well. Second, the Mafia can <redacted>. An NPC will NOT die if the player they are paired with gets lynched.

Police Station - You spend time searching the police station for guns. While you are here, vote for a player to shoot or vote no kill. If any option has over 50% of the votes, the target will be killed. If no target has over 50% of the votes, then no one is killed by this action.

School - You spend time searching the school for information. While you are here, vote for a player to investigate. At the end of the Scavenge Phase, all players in this location will be told if the player is Village or Werewolf. On a tie, the host will randomly roll to decide which target is selected.

Hospital - You spend time searching the hospital for medical supplies. While you are here, vote for a player to protect. If that player is targeted by a kill during this Scavenge Phase they do not die. On a tie, the host will randomly roll to decide which target is selected.

Gas Station - You spend time searching the gas station for fuel. While you are here, vote on location to watch (from the Colony, Police Station, School, Hospital, Library, or Grocery Store). You will be told all players who were at the selected location and who they targeted, but not the results of the action. On a tie, the host will randomly roll to decide which target is selected.

Library - You spend time researching at the library. While you are here, vote on a location to empower (selecting from The Colony, Police Station, School, Hospital, Gas Station, Library, or Grocery Store). During the next Scavenge Phase, that location is empower and it's ability can be used twice during that Scavenge Phase. On a tie, the host will randomly roll to decide which target is selected.

People at an empowered location vote for two different options of what they would like to happen. For example, people at the police station can vote to shoot Player A and Player B but cannot vote to shoot Player A twice. Yes, you may empower the Library so that two locations can be empowered the next Scavenge Phase but you cannot double empower any one location.

If the Colony is empowered, then anyone there will have the chance to get 2 NPCs to help them vote (for a total vote power of 3). In this situation, we assign 1 NPC to everyone and then if there is enough assign a second to each person.

Grocery Store - You spend time searching the grocery store for supplies. At the beginning of the Scavenge Phase the host will roll randomly to determine what you find here and what you will be voting on (if anything). At the end of the Scavenge Phase, everyone here will receive feedback as appropriate. On a tie, the host will randomly roll to decide which target is selected.

The general group will not be informed of what option was given to anyone here. The options are:

1/16 - you find nothing
    2/16 - you find a gun and may choose a player to shoot
    2/16 - you find personal records and may choose a player to investigate
    2/16 - you find medical supplies and may choose a player to protect
    2/16 - you find fuel and may choose a location to watch
    2/16 - you find books and may choose a location to empower
    2/16 - you find walkie talkies and a permanent group chat is create between all players here.
    2/16 - you find NPC survivors equal to the number of players here. You may choose an NPC to help, who votes with you the next Discussion Phase. They will then join the Colony
    1/16 - you find exactly what you're looking for! select one of the other options for this location.

It should be noted that the options won't repeat. So, for example, if the roll for Night 1 says that you find medical supplies, the odds for the next Scavenge Phase change to 2/15 for almost everything and 1/15 for nothing, player's choice, and medical supplies. In another example, if you randomly roll "you find nothing" that means the chances of it coming up again is 0.

Role PMs
    You are a Villager. Your goal is to vote out the mafia during the Day and plan your Night actions to help the group!
    You are a Werewolf. Your goal is to infiltrate the village and make sure your members are the last ones standing! Or, that nothing can prevent this.

You can join the Werewolf discord here.
    Day 1 begins now and ends... Tuesday January 25th at 11:00 PM EST

Day phase will last at least 48 hours so if the thread isn't up in time I'll extend it.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Dead of Winter Mafia

I'm not a wagon yet? Probably has something to do with the lack of posts.

Anyway, I'm town, so Rogan must be a wolf.
    I have returned.

Werewolf games won: 9
    Werewolf games lost: 7
    Games as town: 9
    Games as neutral: 2
    Games as wolf: 5
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 8

I have no clue what Iím doing, but you still shouldn't trust me.

Extended Signature

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    People mistaking my sig for a vote count is entertaining.
    As a frequent victim of your signature deceptiveness, I do not find it entertaining at all. Snowblaze
    This is a truly random vote and not part of some large conspiracy, not at all.

Kudos to Caoimhin for the Table Top episode link, it was one of their better ones.
    Last edited by Taffimai; Today at 08:15 PM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    The cleric was walking through a forest when he heard a loud explosion. Upon investigation, he quickly uncovered the ruins of a large tower he couldn't remember seeing there before. He decided to search the rubble for anything worth looting. At that point, I told the wizard to start rolling to see if he would stabilise.
    Hi Gac! Sorry for lynching you :(

4. - Top - End - #4

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    I'm not a wagon yet? Probably has something to do with the lack of posts.

Anyway, I'm town, so Rogan must be a wolf.
    Snowblaze needs to be a wagon. I made a promise and I'm not the only one.

And, to get some discussion going:
    Do you agree that everyone who uses the vig shot should be killed immediately? With a rare exception for shooting someone mech proven guilty who somehow didn't get lynched?
    Last edited by Rogan; Yesterday at 08:30 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5

...damn it
    Nine, nein!

Book Wombat
    Last edited by Book Wombat; Yesterday at 02:29 PM.
    Rule Number One: Worship cookies!

Discord: Bookwhyrm#4020, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Thought I was clever clicking on that link to the wolf discord, but it goes to a youtube video. There goes my easy win.

Eeny meany miney Taffimai.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: CaoimhinTheCape's Dead Of Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    It's always AvatarVecna time.

7. - Top - End - #7

Let's start out with gac3 , for trying to kill me last game (Granted, he didn't succeed, but I suspect my vote won't last either ).

I know making Snow a wagon was already joked about last game but I can't help being paranoid about Taff and Rogan being wolves and lucking into an excuse to lynch a townie. I really shouldn't be this paranoid this fast, should I?
    Last edited by Batcathat; Today at 07:30 AM. Reason: Vote begone!

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    I really shouldn't be this paranoid this fast, should I?
    Or should you?

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9

PaladinGuy

I know making Snow a wagon was already joked about last game but I can't help being paranoid about Taff and Rogan being wolves and lucking into an excuse to lynch a townie. I really shouldn't be this paranoid this fast, should I?
    You should be more afraid of an elaborate distancing move between Snow and me!
    Oh, sorry Snow. I shouldn't have told them..
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

More Mafia

10. - Top - End - #10

Do you agree that everyone who uses the vig shot should be killed immediately? With a rare exception for shooting someone mech proven guilty who somehow didn't get lynched?
    We won't know who uses it though, right? (Or will we? I should reread the rules). And I doubt anyone will admit to it if we go along with your idea.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Let's get Bladescape out to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    So I'm the Satipo to your Dr. Jones, Jr.?
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.

Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #12

Though I suppose it's probably a good idea for town to keep an eye on the Police station in any event. If only to avoid the wolves flocking there (pun!) and getting an extra kill.

13. - Top - End - #13

PaladinGuy

We won't know who uses it though, right? (Or will we? I should reread the rules). And I doubt anyone will admit to it if we go along with your idea.
    When in doubt, ask for claims. It's not that bad this game, since nobody has a fixed role and there will usually be more people at one place, so they can verify.
    Someone who fails to prove being somewhere else is guilty. Or the wolves cooperate to generate an alibi, but this will make it easier to catch them later.

Best case, the wolves lied and someone was watching the police station, so he would know who was there and used the shot.
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

More Mafia

14. - Top - End - #14

RedKnightGirl

Though I suppose it's probably a good idea for town to keep an eye on the Police station in any event. If only to avoid the wolves flocking there (pun!) and getting an extra kill.
    I think the trick will be to send two people to the police station to vote "no kill" and vouch for each other, to keep the gas station options open so the wolves don't know which spot is going to be watched. I think this game is going to come down to openly sharing as much information as possible about what we do at night, so that no tricks can be employed.

That said, I personally think the winning move for the wolves is to garner as many npc's as they can to faster outvote us, not to hog the police station.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    The cleric was walking through a forest when he heard a loud explosion. Upon investigation, he quickly uncovered the ruins of a large tower he couldn't remember seeing there before. He decided to search the rubble for anything worth looting. At that point, I told the wizard to start rolling to see if he would stabilise.

15. - Top - End - #15

Well I know where I'm going tonight. Simple choice really.

- - - Updated - - -

Assuming I'll still be alive.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16

You'll be going to the police station and shoot Rogan just for some delicious irony?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Normally vig is anti-town because it's a kill based on one townie's gut instead of the whole town's collective gut. In this game, it's an anti-town role because the shot can be manipulated directly by the wolves. It's a second lynch where players have to choose between that and being in on the scry, so it's naturally gonna attract scum more than town, and that means we need to shut it down. If this game were much much larger, the ideal would be three townies, which would require four wolves to all vote together to get the NK. The reason for three townies is, if it were 1 town/2 scum or 2 town/3 scum, scum gets two kills and can silence the main witnesses. Three townies would potentially be vulnerable to this if the police station was also boosted, but that would require four scum in one location (which is basically impossible for this particular game - it's low odds we have four scum, and putting all those rotten eggs in one basket is just asking to get caught).

Of course, having three townies sitting in the slammer no-voting the vig shot every night isn't a great use of townies, and more importantly any wolves who go there would know they're being watched and could vote to make themselves seem less suspicious. "Oh im not a wolf i came here to no-vote same as you". The main way we can keep the police station locked down is the gas station, keeping an eye police station to see who's using it. The downside here is that in order to stop the wolves from using the vig-shot without consequences the next day, we basically need to keep the gas station locked on the police station every day, so that's still at least one townie locked down doing a thing that wolves probably know we need to do anyway, so they won't go to the cop shop.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: CaoimhinTheCape's Dead Of Winter

It's always AvatarVecna time.

18. - Top - End - #18

PaladinGuy

- - - Updated - - -

Assuming I'll still be alive.
    WIS like wisdom, so you claim you want to go to school?

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    It's a second lynch where players have to choose between that and being in on the scry, so it's naturally gonna attract scum more than town, and that means we need to shut it down.
    About being in on the scry... worst case is 4 wolves, so as long as there are 6 players scrying, the worst thing the wolves can do is clearing a townie, right?
    We mustn't allow the wolves to fake a scry, controlling the scry is not good, but if they have to pour all resources into one strategy, the risk seems low.

All in all, we should be more afraid of spies. One wolf at the hospital and they will know which target they have to avoid. One wolf at the school and they will have a good target.
    Show

More Mafia

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    I think this game is going to come down to openly sharing as much information as possible about what we do at night, so that no tricks can be employed.
    This reminds me of something I was wondering about, I'm not sure if it has been answered or not.

@Cao: Would it be acceptable for someone to post the entire content of a chat from one of the locations? So if I'm at the hospital and then copy-paste the entire hospital chat into the thread the next day.

20. - Top - End - #20

PaladinGuy

This reminds me of something I was wondering about, I'm not sure if it has been answered or not.

@Cao: Would it be acceptable for someone to post the entire content of a chat from one of the locations? So if I'm at the hospital and then copy-paste the entire hospital chat into the thread the next day.
    I don't remember seeing an answer.
    I'd suggest you (also) ask in the discord server. There is a room for Q&A after all.

Personally, I would say no. From a fluff standpoint, you would have to use a recorder (or better, a cam) or have a perfect memory to pull something like that off.
    Show

More Mafia

21. - Top - End - #21

Gonna say no to posting the exact logs/screenshots of chat from each location (if you could prove exactly what was said, it kinda ruins the chat being private in the first place).

You are allowed to discuss what was said there. So, for example, if I was at the police station and pushing to kill someone, you could copy a piece of what I said or paraphrase:

Hey! Cao didn't agree to our no kill pact. He said,

I don't care what y'all do, I'm going to vote to kill BatCatHat
    As long as it can be debated/there's no definitive proof that it was said (timestamps or screenshots or something), it's fine. If that's not clear, let me know.

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Gonna say no to posting the exact logs/screenshots of chat from each location (if you could prove exactly what was said, it kinda ruins the chat being private in the first place).

You are allowed to discuss what was said there. So, for example, if I was at the police station and pushing to kill someone, you could copy a piece of what I said or paraphrase:

As long as it can be debated/there's no definitive proof that it was said (timestamps or screenshots or something), it's fine. If that's not clear, let me know.
    Sounds reasonable. At least this way, I don't have to worry about wolves trying to manipulate me by making suble changes to chat logs. Just wolves trying to manipulate me the old fashioned way.

23. - Top - End - #23

Oh.

Look.

Rogan, why'd you have to go an get assigned a wolf role?
    Last edited by bladescape; Yesterday at 08:10 PM.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm. I'll join in on Rogan, for the sake of pressuring a bit. I know it's early and there aren't any roles to claim, but give us some reads.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; Today at 05:48 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25

RedKnightGirl

"Let's make Snow a pop-up wagon" he says, "I've never been lynched" he says, and there she goes with the pre-emptive strike...

Vote count (not a sig):

Rogan (3): Snow, Bladescape, Lady Serpentine
    Snow (2): Taffimai, Rogan
    Wombat (1): Wombat
    Taffimai (1): AV
    Gac (1): Batcat
    Bladescape (1): Flat-footed

26. - Top - End - #26

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Oh.

Look.

Rogan, why'd you have to go an get assigned a wolf role?
    Wrong question. If you wanted to know why somebody is a wolf, you should ask Cao, but I'm pretty sure the answer is: Random.
    If you wanted to know if I'm a wolf: No. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Serpentine View Post
    Hm. I'll join in on Rogan, for the sake of pressuring a bit. I know it's early and there aren't any roles to claim, but give us some reads.
    Uhh, careful here! It's a well known fact that my reads suck. And another fact is, I tend to talk too much anyway. I'm trying to limit myself a bit, especialy since talking tends to get you killed, but hey.. I've never been good at doing what I should do...

Anyway, let's take a look at the few things we have right now:

The votes:
    Code:
    Vote for	From
    Rogan (1)	Snow
    Snow (1)	Taffi
    Snow (2)	Rogan
    Book (1)	Book
    Taffi (1)	AV
    gac3 (1)	Bat
    Blades (1)	flat
    Rogan (2)	Blades
    Rogan (3)	Serpentine
    Snow started of as the leading mini wagon with two votes very fast. Thats not realy suspicous if you know the dead chat of the last match. Some of the dead, including Taffi and me, made a deal to make her a pointless wagon day 1.
    She made a vow to make me the counter wagon. Which seemd to work as well.

Book always votes randomly and it seems like he got 9 twice. (Nein, nein) Nothing to see here.

I don't realy know where I should put the votes of AV, Bat and flat. I guess it's the usual random banter without hidden meanings.

Blades vote for me seems to be his usual operation mode as well. Poke someone pretending to know their allignment and wait for a reaktion. It starts a counter-wagon, but thats not unusual either at this stage.

Your vote, Mylady, puts me in the lead. And you are the only one by now to openly give a non-joking reason for your vote. Granted, pressure can be used by both alignments, so it's not much better than random voting or joking, but hey, it's a step in the right direction.

A sudden wagon might be a sign of the work of wolves. So if when Snow inevitably flips wolf, we should take a closer look at blades and Serpentine. And of course after Snows flip I'm cleared, since it's impossible for us to be in the same team.

Now, some meta points:
    I'm not going to vote for Goof anytime soon. It's rare for him to be online on the weekend and I don't want to penalize him for his RL.
    I'm not going to vote for new* players on day 1.

I'm relucant to vote for players who did nothing at all. They might sort themselves out by auto kill for inactivity. If you can give me a good case for "they should be here, but are not" I might be convinced otherwise. Which leads to:

I might vote for flat to prevent his usual modus of staying silent day 1. He also deserves a vote for his last game! But right now, he has a vote out there and there is a chance of getting more activity from him even without pressure. We will see.

*new meaning, players I don't know at all. Which means Kish and Lady Serpentine, I think. Could you both give me some info about you? Experience playing the game, etc. If you need meta info about recent games, feel free to aks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    "Let's make Snow a pop-up wagon" he says, "I've never been lynched" he says, and there she goes with the pre-emptive strike...

Vote count (not a sig):

Rogan (3): Snow, Bladescape, Lady Serpentine
    Snow (2): Taffimai, Rogan
    Wombat (1): Wombat
    Taffimai (1): AV
    Gac (1): Batcat
    Bladescape (1): Flat-footed
    Ohh! Taffi is a Ninja, that's very suspicious!

But yeah, agreed about both the count and the joking comments.
    Show

More Mafia

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Snowblaze needs to be a wagon. I made a promise and I'm not the only one.

And, to get some discussion going:
    Given the fact that we don't know wether it's townies or wolves, that would be a good move only if we all agreed to not use the shot.

Anyway, BatCatHat, you're looking awfully innocent.

Am I the only one weirded out by the immediate wagon on who kickstarted some conversation (the fact that it's way too early to think it'll stick notwithstanding)?
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Do you want to see one being played? Dead of Winter Mafia is currently recruiting!

28. - Top - End - #28

Wrong question. If you wanted to know why somebody is a wolf, you should ask Cao, but I'm pretty sure the answer is: Random.
    If you wanted to know if I'm a wolf: No. Why?
    This feels a little too forced for my liking. Probably nothing, but I don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Given the fact that we don't know wether it's townies or wolves, that would be a good move only if we all agreed to not use the shot.

Don't worry, I'm sure I'll manage to somehow look less innocent sooner rather than later, I usually do.

29. - Top - End - #29

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post

Am I the only one weirded out by the immediate wagon on who kickstarted some conversation (the fact that it's way too early to think it'll stick notwithstanding)?
    A vig shot is more likely to kill town, helping the wolves to win. In a usual game, there is some meta pressure to use the shot anyway. It might be a way to clear yourself or at least actually do something at night instead of act like a vanilla townie in an all power game.
    In this game, we can and should agree to avoid the shot. It is more likely to hurt us than to help us, especially considering the fact that we should always have a seer result as a much better way to check someone at night.

Do you disagree with this? If yes, why do you think a vig kill will be helpful?

About the wagons, they will be weired if they stick. Otherwise, I don't think they are particulary informative. You should know me well enough by know to know I will answer questions directed at me. Sometimes even questions not directed at me...

- - - Updated - - -

This feels a little too forced for my liking. Probably nothing, but I don't like it.
    Let's face it: Blades question is like "When did you stop beating your wive". It's a question without good answers.

But I don't like to ignore questions directed at me. So... What would you say, Bat?
    Show

More Mafia

30. - Top - End - #30

Counterpoint:

Vig shot fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I'm bored of voting Rogan already.

Hey Rogan, help me make a counter-counter wagon on Flat.

Flat_Footed

- - - Updated - - -

I think I know one of the wolves already. Amusingly, not Rogan.

I don't want to say though, because that's boring so early.
    Last edited by bladescape; Today at 09:08 PM.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!