New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    It hinders people lurking in QTs they have access to. This is more of a problem if we want (say) a town network chat where we're not sure who all we can trust, or if we're wolves trying to just see who's saying what.

It would cut down on QT shenanigans, and honestly QT shenanigans have been rather unfun for people at times. Discord would make it a less...integral part of the game.
    Fair. Just wanted to point out that it applied times other than the one Bat gave.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

Hydra-Event 2021 on Mafia Universe for those who might be interested.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Hydra-Event 2021 on Mafia Universe for those who might be interested.
    Nope. I was going to check it out but I pulled it up on my phone and bats started flying around the screen and that was weird.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Nope. I was going to check it out but I pulled it up on my phone and bats started flying around the screen and that was weird.
    You can disable the bats. They are slightly amusing in first sight, but seriously annoying once you actually want to use the site.
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

You can disable the bats. They are slightly amusing in first sight, but seriously annoying once you actually want to use the site.
    Ah. Then I may go back and check it out. It's good they used bats though. Spiders would have had me not even willing to disable.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground

AV, you can put me down for UPick - TV Tropes

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

AV, you can put me down for UPick - TV Tropes
    Scheduled.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay guys, I'm working on a new set of roles for Percy Jackson 2. Last time it seemed to be a consensus that the wolves could have been stronger. So one of my ideas for the new game: Each "parent" has three possible powers. Two like last time assigned the same way and one passive power granted to any wolf with that parent. Thoughts on this idea in general? Once I have a full list, I plan to post it to get general feedback and questions.

9. - Top - End - #519

ClericGuy

Okay guys, I'm working on a new set of roles for Percy Jackson 2. Last time it seemed to be a consensus that the wolves could have been stronger. So one of my ideas for the new game: Each "parent" has three possible powers. Two like last time assigned the same way and one passive power granted to any wolf with that parent. Thoughts on this idea in general? Once I have a full list, I plan to post it to get general feedback and questions.
    I think one problem the wolves had was that one neutral was specifically set up to kill one of them, with another having to kill/outlive one town and one wolf.
    The last one is okay but the first should not happen.

The wolves also had some terrible luck. Snows fake claim that backfired, getting no kill for days, Jeen townsiding even when he had to kill me...

I think the feedback for power usage also was more helpful for town than the wolves.

Still, the basic setup was not that badly balanced and giving the wolves significant extra power could make them more powerful than expected. I'd rather remove or limit the QT access. The town network was both powerful and not fun for those left outside (at least that's my impression).
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

I think one problem the wolves had was that one neutral was specifically set up to kill one of them, with another having to kill/outlive one town and one wolf.
    The last one is okay but the first should not happen.

The wolves also had some terrible luck. Snows fake claim that backfired, getting no kill for days, Jeen townsiding even when he had to kill me...

I think the feedback for power usage also was more helpful for town than the wolves.

Still, the basic setup was not that badly balanced and giving the wolves significant extra power could make them more powerful than expected. I'd rather remove or limit the QT access. The town network was both powerful and not fun for those left outside (at least that's my impression).
    Yeah. Rolling randomly and allowing the huntress to have any possible target might not have been the most balanced move.

Rather than blanket limit QT's one of my ideas was to convert one of the regular roles to a QT sneak.

I was worried about making the wolves too powerful which is why I was thinking specifically of doing passive powers but still wasn't sure. If it helps some of the examples for what I meant by that were like the following.

Jupiter: If this role is in the game, they can choose what other Roman children are on the wolves.
    Minerva: You which roles from the OP aren't in the game.
    Mercury: At the end of each phase, you gain access to one QT made during that phase.
    Pluto: Choose either alignment or role. So long as you are alive, the chosen option will not be revealed on death.
    Demeter: You are mason with a townie who doesn't know you are a wolf.
    Vulcan: If you are alive, wolves can store kills to be used on a different night.

But I may not go this route if it may make the wolves too powerful.

11. - Top - End - #521

ClericGuy

Yeah. Rolling randomly and allowing the huntress to have any possible target might not have been the most balanced move.

Rather than blanket limit QT's one of my ideas was to convert one of the regular roles to a QT sneak.

I was worried about making the wolves too powerful which is why I was thinking specifically of doing passive powers but still wasn't sure. If it helps some of the examples for what I meant by that were like the following.

Jupiter: If this role is in the game, they can choose what other Roman children are on the wolves.
    Minerva: You which roles from the OP aren't in the game.
    Mercury: At the end of each phase, you gain access to one QT made during that phase.
    Pluto: Choose either alignment or role. So long as you are alive, the chosen option will not be revealed on death.
    Demeter: You are mason with a townie who doesn't know you are a wolf.
    Vulcan: If you are alive, wolves can store kills to be used on a different night.

But I may not go this route if it may make the wolves too powerful.
    Pluto seems too powerful. The death reveals are the only reliable info most town players will have. If it would be limited to the role, it might work.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

Pluto seems too powerful. The death reveals are the only reliable info most town players will have. If it would be limited to the role, it might work.
    That's a fair point. I thought of it because of something someone said with regards to the resurrection but with me having removed the resurrection in general the comment is probably less relevant.

13. - Top - End - #523

ClericGuy

That's a fair point. I thought of it because of something someone said with regards to the resurrection but with me having removed the resurrection in general the comment is probably less relevant.
    That's true. The resurrection was overpowered last time. Especially since it was used on AV.

The other powers are good, but not too powerful. The QT sneak power might get problematic, since it would either encourage players to spam QTs to decrease the chances of the power working, or to avoid creating QTs after the first day. So you should still think about something to balance that.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #524

RedKnightGirl

Only tangential, but one of the reasons I suspected AV twice that game was that I was really expecting a "Child of Persephone" that would switch teams after dying.

I actually came here to ask whether, with Quick Topics shutting down, we should consider copying some of the most memorable ones into their games at the end to preserve them? At the very least, if any of them are particularly worth reading, I'd like to be told so I can do so before they cease to exist.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    Only tangential, but one of the reasons I suspected AV twice that game was that I was really expecting a "Child of Persephone" that would switch teams after dying.

I actually came here to ask whether, with Quick Topics shutting down, we should consider copying some of the most memorable ones into their games at the end to preserve them? At the very least, if any of them are particularly worth reading, I'd like to be told so I can do so before they cease to exist.
    Oh wait .. is the shut down permanent?

It is! Oh no! I thought it was just like when the forums shut down...
    Last edited by gac3; 2021-10-24 at 12:47 PM.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Titan in the Playground

The sad fate of internet archives: a lot of history is about to get lost and there's basically nothing to be done about it.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #527

ClericGuy

You should ask Flat-footed if you are allowed to do so ( regarding thread necromancy rules) if you think this would actually be useful.

I'm not sure if the work/reward ratio is good enough to try.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #528

RedKnightGirl

Oh, definitely, I'd only consider it if there was a game where dead chat or wolf chat were really worth having.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

You should ask Flat-footed if you are allowed to do so ( regarding thread necromancy rules) if you think this would actually be useful.

As long as I know which thread before it happens, and it's text and not images, it should be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

20. - Top - End - #530

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    As long as I know which thread before it happens, and it's text and not images, it should be fine.
    Thank you! So, any recommendations from the player base?

21. - Top - End - #531
    Titan in the Playground

Upick 2 has ended in victory for town/survivor. Upick and Upick 2 have been moved to the Multi-Game Archives. Schedule updated.

I still haven't received any response from totadileplayz to my previous PM, and they haven't been on the forum in about two months. I'm going to go ahead and message flat_footed letting him know it's his turn to run.

My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #532

RedKnightGirl

AV, would you add me to the list to run a game? Since every game seems to take around a month, and there are plenty on the schedule, by the time my turn rolls around I should have a decent feel for what does/doesn't work.

23. - Top - End - #533

ClericGuy

AV, the links for the second thread don't seem to work, at least on mobile.
    Could you check them please?
    Show

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

I'll get you added when not on mobile. Link is fixed.

My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #535

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Link is fixed.
    I might sound pedantic, but you missed the link in the list of recent games.
    Sorry, I should have specified both places.

Thanks for your work to keep the opening posts up to date.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #536
    Titan in the Playground

I might sound pedantic, but you missed the link in the list of recent games.
    Sorry, I should have specified both places.

Thanks for your work to keep the opening posts up to date.
    Whoops! Got it.

My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

Also can I switch my words of power and my Percy Jackson 2 slots? So I can alternate between my really weird games and my kinda weird games?

28. - Top - End - #538
    Titan in the Playground

Also can I switch my words of power and my Percy Jackson 2 slots? So I can alternate between my really weird games and my kinda weird games?
    I'll get it when not on mobile, that's fine.

My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #539

ClericGuy

Would it be possible to get a post explaining the double post feature of this part of the forum? I think this would be very helpful for new players. (flat_footed this question is probably yours to answer)

Otherwise, an entry in one of the first posts here might be useful as well. (If it's already included, I missed it.)
    Show

30. - Top - End - #540
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

In general, the rules are pointed out in enough places the newbies should get it. If course correction is needed, It'll be handled as normal.

As far as my.game goes, this is about the worst time for it to drop. I'll have to be skipped since my job is in the middle of some crazy work and I'm in the middle of week 2 of 3 for covering both mine and my boss's jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature