New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 132829303132333435363738
Results 1,111 to 1,138 of 1138
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    I have a question. I haven't played any mafia/werewolf since quicktopic died. I just wondered what was used instead of that, now? Is there another site that does something similar, or is it pretty much just PMs, or is there some other third option?
    Third option, namely Discord. It's pretty different from QuickTopic. In a lot of ways that's more convenient but also we can't have the whole creating-and-sharing-private-chats chaos that we used to.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Third option, namely Discord. It's pretty different from QuickTopic. In a lot of ways that's more convenient but also we can't have the whole creating-and-sharing-private-chats chaos that we used to.
    There's also another site more similar to QT, but it's not wildly used and if I recall correctly, there had been some problems with it. I also don't remember the name.
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    There's also another site more similar to QT, but it's not wildly used and if I recall correctly, there had been some problems with it. I also don't remember the name.
    Xoyondo.com

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Hmm. I was afraid of that. I don't love Discord, it just seems to move too quickly for me. (Also I had dial-up internet pre-covid. We have wi-fi now, but it's still eh for me)

Well, thanks for the replies, everyone. I'll take a look at xoyondo and see what else I can scrounge up.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    That makes Rogan super safe next game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

I've radically changed the rules for my upcoming Danganronpa themed game, and I'd like some feedback. Are they too complicated?
    Keeping the roles secret for now.

Spoiler: rules
    Show
    Teams and victory conditions
    Players are either part of the White team (Town), the Black team (Wolf), or are Grey (Neutral).
    Members of the Black team and players having specifics roles are blackened, but blackened players are not all part of the Black team.
    Some abilities may blacken players during the game. Players are always informed when they are blackened. Becoming blackened is irreversible.
    The game ends when at least one of three conditions is met :
    1. Every member of the Black team is dead, resulting in a White team victory,
    2. Half of the remaining living players are members of the Black team, resulting in a Black team victory, or
    3. Two thirds of the remaining players are blackened, resulting in a Black team victory.

The game may be cut short if one of those situations becomes unavoidable.
    If both teams should win, the Black team wins.
    Each Grey player have their own victory conditions depending of their role.
    The narrator is known as Monokuma. Monokuma enforces the spirit of the rules and avoid lying, but will still side with the Black team at every opportunity.

Ultimate talents and actions
    Every player has an unique Ultimate talent (or role) that gives them various abilities to use during the game.
    Grey and Black player have an additional unique Grey or Black talent, respectively.
    During each phase, players can use the actions described in their Ultimate talent(s) in addition to the regular actions described in those rules. Non-actions abilities are used automatically.
    Any action can be canceled, blocked, redirected or traced by other actions or by non-action abilities.
    Canceling prevents the action from occuring and any other effects from interacting with it, but you will always be informed if one of your actions is canceled.
    Redirecting takes effect before blocking and changes the target(s) of an action.
    Blocking prevents the action from having any effect without preventing it from being traced.
    Tracing allows the tracer to learn information about the action. Wich information is learnt depends of the tracing action. Some tracing actions may occur on later phases than the traced action.
    If an Ultimate talent contradict the general rules, it supercedes them.

Private chats
    A discord server will be opened to establish a wolfchat, a deadchat, and other private chats based on roles. Everyone will have a private chat with the narrator on Discord to receive their roles, take notes and secretly communicate actions. No other private communication is allowed.
    Due to the existence of revival abilities, you may not immediatelly be invited in the deadchat upon your death.

Game phases, regulations and general actions

Trial (day)
    This phase is the marker of a new day and last around 48 hours.
    At the start of this phase, Monokuma reveals the team affiliation and Ultimate talents of the dead players.
    Trial phases are followed by daily life phases.

Daily life (night)
    This phase last around 24 hours.
    Players may be assigned a hangout group at the start of the phase. Hangout groups restrict the targeting options of most actions related to Ultimate talents.
    If nobody dies after a daily life phase, it is followed by another daily life phase. Otherwise, it is followed by a deadly life phase.

Deadly life (dawn)
    This is a preliminary 'day' phase and will last around 24 hours.
    At the start of this phase, the deads are announced, but their roles are not revealed yet.
    Deadly life phases are followed by trial phases.

Regulations and punishment
    Additional regulations are set in place. Acting against them is not impossible, but discouraged.
    Regulations are permanent. A new regulation starts being enforced at the start of each daily life phase. However, regulations are not retroactive.
    At the start of the game, the following regulations are already in effect :
    Interfering with Monokuma is forbidden.
    Attempting to escape is forbidden.

As a daily life (night) action, Monokuma can punish a player who violated any regulation by murdering them. This action can't be cancelled, blocked or redirected, and Monokuma's victims can't be revived.

Vote
    As a trial action, each player can publicly vote for another player to be executed.
    Your vote should be made in bold red.
    The player with the most votes is taken out at the end of the trial. In the case of a tie, Monokuma chooses wich of the tied players is executed.
    A vote tally will be made public. This tally is made before vote manipulation actions are taken into consideration.
    You can redirect or cancel your vote by voting again. Crossing out the previous vote is not necessary, but encouraged.
    When a player is executed, their team affiliation and Ultimate talent are immediately revealed.

Hanging out
    As an action in any phase, each player may make hangout plans that will be enacted in the following phase if it is a daily life phase.
    Your hangouts declarations should be made in bold green.
    You can hang out in a location by declaring the name of that location. The possible hangout locations are the cafeteria, the lounge and the gym.
    You can hang out with a specific player by declaring their name. However, if that player end up sulking, you will also be sulking.
    Players who made no hangout declarations will hang out in the same location as they did in the previous daily life phase if possible.
    Players who declare sulking, make an invalid declaration or end up alone in their hangout location are all sulking. Sulking players don't join any hangout location.
    You can redirect or cancel your hangout plans by making a new one. Crossing out the previous declaration is not necessary, but encouraged.

Investigation
    As a deadly life action, each player can conduct an investigation by declaring publicly what they want to focus on. They can investigate a body that was announced at the start of the phase, a hangout location, or any Ultimate talent they can name.
    Your investigation declarations should be made in bold blue.
    As a deadly life action, players may disrupt the investigation they declared instead by informing the narrator on their private chat. This will block all investigations of the declared target for this phase.
    When succesfully investigating a body, you trace the killing action and randomly learn one of the following informations : the hangout location where the killer was, or the name of the Ultimate talent of the killer (Black or Grey if possible). However, if you should learn the hangout location of the killer and the killer was sulking, you will learn nothing as if your investigation was disrupted.
    If a player died of several causes, investigation of their body is disrupted.
    When succesfully investigating a hangout location, you trace the action(s) of a random player hanging out in that location during the preceding daily life phase and learn the name of the player whose action(s) you are tracing and the name(s) of the player(s) who were targeted by them. However, if that player did no action, you will learn nothing as if your investigation was disrupted.
    When succesfully investigating an Ultimate talent, you trace their action from the previous phase and randomly learn their hangout location or the name of their target. However, if they did no action or if they were sulking, you learn nothing as if your investigation was disrupted.
    When several players conduct the same investigation, they will always learn different information from each other if possible.
    You can redirect or cancel your investigation by declaring a new one. Crossing out the previous declaration is not necessary, but encouraged.
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Cazero, based on the win-cons, does that mean that
    1) everyone has a power role (Ultimate Talent)
    2) some have additional Gray or Black powers
    3) you can gain Black powers
    4) if enough living players gain Black powers, wolves win even if town could win in a normal game

That is, wolves win by either enough players becoming blackened OR by normal means of controlling the vote?
    Can Gray players become blackened?

I don't know the lore your game refers to, but the adding of rules kinda reminds me of the gameboy Final Fantasy Tactics where Judges would add rules to the game like "No doing X" or "Only do Y" for a battle.

The above seems the most unusual.
    I don't quite grasp the difference between what you state and normal Night/Day shifts, but it sounds similar to Xihirli's yugioh games where it was essentially the same but differed in a way that some powers interacted with.

Additional question: can becoming blackened 'cult' you, e.g., turn you into a Team Black/wolf?
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2024-01-30 at 11:31 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Cazero, based on the win-cons, does that mean that
    1) everyone has a power role (Ultimate Talent)
    2) some have additional Gray or Black powers
    3) you can gain Black powers
    4) if enough living players gain Black powers, wolves win even if town could win in a normal game
    1) Yes.
    2) Yes.
    3) No. Well, except maybe a specific Grey role.
    4) Theoritically, if enough players get blackened, wolves win even if they're all dead, yes.

That is, wolves win by either enough players becoming blackened OR by normal means of controlling the vote?
    Enough blackened or enough kills. Killing lower the number of blackened you need.

Can Gray players become blackened?
    Yes.

I don't quite grasp the difference between what you state and normal Night/Day shifts,
    Mostly there's an extra phase, but I'm also referencing stuff from the source.

Additional question: can becoming blackened 'cult' you, e.g., turn you into a Team Black/wolf?
    Being blackened doesn't make you join the Black team. You stick to your original team affiliation and wincon.
    Danganronpa II will be a culting game, but not this one.

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

9. - Top - End - #1119

Show
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Titan in the Playground

Schedule and archive updated.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Ogre in the Playground

Heya folks, long time, no see!

How are things? I may be interested in hosting a game of Werewolf here again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Heya folks, long time, no see!

How are things? I may be interested in hosting a game of Werewolf here again.
    Things are chugging along. Schedule's gotten a bit out of hand, but one of the fixes has been that new people have the opportunity to cut the line, and I don't think people would object too much extending that to someone returning from a long absence?

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Things are chugging along. Schedule's gotten a bit out of hand, but one of the fixes has been that new people have the opportunity to cut the line, and I don't think people would object too much extending that to someone returning from a long absence?
    I'm not here intended to steal a spot from someone on the queue, but I have a game setup that I'd like to run here if there is no one ready by the time the current game ends!

TLDR; don't cut the line on my account!
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Titan in the Playground

Three weeks since last recruitment, so it's time once again. Book Wombat is next on the schedule. BW if you're ready, go ahead and get a thread made. Otherwise, I know there's people available and interested in running something, if you need more time. Logic, but also I recall ccw and Kraken were interested in running stuff?

My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Barbarian in the Playground

Three weeks since last recruitment, so it's time once again. Book Wombat is next on the schedule. BW if you're ready, go ahead and get a thread made. Otherwise, I know there's people available and interested in running something, if you need more time. Logic, but also I recall ccw and Kraken were interested in running stuff?
    That would be good, can push mine two or three back for now.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    That would be good, can push mine two or three back for now.
    Alrighty. Logic, Kraken, ccw, up to y'all what order you wanna take things?

My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Barbarian in the Playground

I need a bit more time with my rules so I'm fine staying where I am for now... but if people are okay, can we bump my second game up the schedule a bit, since I didn't get to skip the queue when I joined?
    Loser of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Astral Collective

Winner of Total War: Hanrui 3
    as
    The Four Courts of Hanrui/The Equinox League

Plausible Victor of Total War: Pricipia
    as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ogre in the Playground

I am 100% ready to run my novel (to the Playground) setup, which I call Vengeance by Mafia.

Spoiler: Setup Description
    Show
    Each night, all townies submit a vigilante shot, which may or may not go off. Failing to submit a shot means that townie is pointing their gun at themselves. However, in addition to the mandatory mafia factional kill, mafia must select one of the townies to activate. That townie's selected target is also shot.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I am 100% ready to run my novel (to the Playground) setup, which I call Vengeance by Mafia.

Spoiler: Setup Description
    Show
    Each night, all townies submit a vigilante shot, which may or may not go off. Failing to submit a shot means that townie is pointing their gun at themselves. However, in addition to the mandatory mafia factional kill, mafia must select one of the townies to activate. That townie's selected target is also shot.
    That sounds quite interesting! Admittedly it also sounds similar to a game that ran awhile back, where everybody had a gun, but nobody knew what their gun did, and targeting somebody every night was mandatory. I remember cuz I had a gun that actually shoots people, which I was unhappy about so I deliberately targeted myself (and then my targeting got hijacked yaaaaaaaay).

My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Bugbear in the Playground

That sounds quite interesting! Admittedly it also sounds similar to a game that ran awhile back, where everybody had a gun, but nobody knew what their gun did, and targeting somebody every night was mandatory. I remember cuz I had a gun that actually shoots people, which I was unhappy about so I deliberately targeted myself (and then my targeting got hijacked yaaaaaaaay).
    I swear if I get wolf in that setup to activate you intentionally :3
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Titan in the Playground

I’m here for a Logic game!
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

22. - Top - End - #1132

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I’m here for a Logic game!
    But not a flat game!
    Show
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Titan in the Playground

Only round games for Xihirli.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

24. - Top - End - #1134

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Only round games for Xihirli.
    Show
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Titan in the Playground

Apologies for the delays. Schedule and archive have been updated, Fallout games have all been moved to the multi-game archive.

Deathloop by Logic is currently recruiting, and will continue until reaching 21 players. Currently we have 13, I believe?

Finally, it's Mafia Championship time again. If you're interested in participating or spectating, that thread should have more details/discussions for you.

My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

My work is changing our remote work policy, and I think the company firewall doesn't let me access Discord. Even if it does, web-monitoring makes me weary of using this forum or Discord as much as I'd like on my work computer.
    So I might wind up taking a longer hiatus than intended. Hopefully I'll get a few games in before it goes into effect this summer.

Just a heads-up in case I seem to ghost.
    I'm hopeful, after a few months of strictness, they'll let folk who have proven they can work from home go back to it. Or job hunting yields a new fully remote job.
    (This really stinks for my kids. They're used to me being around, even if I'm too busy working to actively do stuff most of the time. Commuting to work again stinks, but that's nothing compared to that.)

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Recruitement for the Danganronpa Mafia is up.

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    Recruitement for the Danganronpa Mafia is up.
    Schedule and signature updated.

My Homebrew