New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    On the top of my head, I know three roles not in the game. Big reveal, booster and beast.
    There are two more, right?

I don't know what you had in mind for the booster, but I think there might be lot's of interactions you should consider beforehand. Like, what happens with passive powers, like hard to kill? The beast? What about the necromancer? The Siblings?
    You don't need to answer those questions, but you should have answers ready in case they come up.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I think you had bad luck with your power usage and didn't receive the same number of information other players got. Without all information, you got to some bad conclusions (like we have to kill Rogan). This didn't help your reputation.

You honestly tried to be helpful. It's not your own fault you didn't help that much.
    You just validated the reason I don't want to play Mafia Rogan.

In fact You literally just said the worst possible things to try to comfort me.
    Last edited by totadileplayz; 2021-06-15 at 04:20 PM.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by totadileplayz View Post
    You just validated the reason I don't want to play Mafia Rogan.

In fact You literally just said the worst possible things to try to comfort me.
    In this case I am even more sorry.
    I think you would fare much better in a game without free QT usage. At least it would be much less frustrating for you. But of course you are free to decide for yourself if you want to give it another try.

3. - Top - End - #393

Planetar

In this case I am even more sorry.
    I think you would fare much better in a game without free QT usage. At least it would be much less frustrating for you. But of course you are free to decide for yourself if you want to give it another try.
    I have to say one thing I am glad you care for this piece of **** so I will give you one truth every single mafia game I have hinted at my role day 1 in public.
    Last edited by totadileplayz; 2021-06-15 at 04:44 PM.

4. - Top - End - #394

ClericGuy

I have to say one thing I am glad you care for this piece of **** so I will give you one truth every single mafia game I have hinted at my role day 1 in public.
    I think leaving some hints for the role is a common tactic, at least in a game without a big central town network. It can definitely help you gain credibility if you need to claim later.
    But if you feel like you are too honest for this game... well, this is something I can see for myself. I have no idea how I would have played as a wolf. As a town member, being honest is not that bad, but for a wolf, deception is much more important. Did you get to play a wolf yet?

Whatever you do, I hope you will have fun. Cause, that's the most important thing here.

5. - Top - End - #395

Planetar

I think leaving some hints for the role is a common tactic, at least in a game without a big central town network. It can definitely help you gain credibility if you need to claim later.
    But if you feel like you are too honest for this game... well, this is something I can see for myself. I have no idea how I would have played as a wolf. As a town member, being honest is not that bad, but for a wolf, deception is much more important. Did you get to play a wolf yet?

Whatever you do, I hope you will have fun. Cause, that's the most important thing here.
    I have and wolves immediately lost.

In fact wolves have never won with me in the game.

That being said no I doubt me being too honest is actually my problem.
    Last edited by totadileplayz; 2021-06-15 at 06:02 PM.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

I have an idea for an Among Us werewolf, I think I can work the Tasks/Sabotage mechanics in as night actions. Would people be interested?
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

7. - Top - End - #397

You have me curious
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

redface Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I have an idea for an Among Us werewolf, I think I can work the Tasks/Sabotage mechanics in as night actions. Would people be interested?
    I would! More characters!

9. - Top - End - #399
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Sounds interesting!
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

10. - Top - End - #400

I will now just sit here and hunger for the next game.

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    I will now just sit here and hunger for the next game.
    Unavenger has been contacted and has confirmed they're working on Craziest Idea. Should be up tomorrow, maybe Thursday.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

At least the first one. I'd prefer the second.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Unavenger has been contacted and has confirmed they're working on Craziest Idea. Should be up tomorrow, maybe Thursday.
    Oh my. That is going to be interesting

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

Sure. Put me down for
    Among Who? Among Us!
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

That being said no I doubt me being too honest is actually my problem.
    I think I might have the opposite problem – I enjoy bluffing and keeping secrets so much I tend to do it unnecessarily. I've noticed it other deception type games, as well as playing poker. It's not usually a very good tactic (though sometimes it leads to awesome stuff) but it's just so much fun.

It hasn't leaked into my actual everyday life, thankfully. Not yet, at least.

15. - Top - End - #405

Honestly, there's a careful balance to keep there. I like lying when it may not be necessary because it keeps me sharp when I do need to lie my way out of a pit.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

AV, how bastardy is the Afterlife game anticipated to be? I realize you might not be able to answer that without ruining the game, so "No comment" is completely acceptable. But if you're willing to rank it more or less bastardy than your pirate-cult game, much appreciated.
    Or could you put the premise/gimmick in a short paragraph?

Why I ask: I'm debating joining in the next game or not due to real life busy, but I don't want to skip two games in a row.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    I think I might have the opposite problem – I enjoy bluffing and keeping secrets so much I tend to do it unnecessarily. I've noticed it other deception type games, as well as playing poker. It's not usually a very good tactic (though sometimes it leads to awesome stuff) but it's just so much fun.

It hasn't leaked into my actual everyday life, thankfully. Not yet, at least.
    Honestly, there's a careful balance to keep there. I like lying when it may not be necessary because it keeps me sharp when I do need to lie my way out of a pit.
    I enjoy when it makes sense as Town or Neutral to lie.
    And even more so when it makes sense as Wolf to lie, and folk think you Town or Neutral for it. (E.g., Aventine's Witch Hunt game, where I fakeclaimed Survivor, but that seemed a legit pro-Town move given the dynamic and let me hide for a while.)

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    AV, how bastardy is the Afterlife game anticipated to be? I realize you might not be able to answer that without ruining the game, so "No comment" is completely acceptable. But if you're willing to rank it more or less bastardy than your pirate-cult game, much appreciated.
    Or could you put the premise/gimmick in a short paragraph?
    Summarized Setup:

1) You're a group of people that all died in an explosion caused by industrial sabotage. Your unfinished business in this world is making sure those responsible are brought to justice somehow. There is a paranormal investigator looking into things who might be able to help.

2) Despite the paranormal set-up, it's a relatively grounded game. Low number of power roles.

3) You don't really know how the afterlife or ghosts work. With the exception of The Medium, roles and powers are not announced publicly until narrator confirmation upon "death".

4) The Medium has the power to make a couple QTs per night that connect spirits to each other (and to the Medium). Their win-condition is not publicly known.

5) Players cannot make QTs outside of powers that explicitly allow it (such as the Medium). Every night, a random (low) number of QTs will be made which connect two random players each. Because all QTs are set up by me, this will be indistinguishable from QTs set up by the Medium or other similar powers.

6) Narrator confirmation of things will be limited, but the narrator will not lie to you; if you are told a thing by the narrator (such as a death reveal, or an answer on a power interaction), it will be the truth.

7) There is a bastard mechanic centered around QTs but I won't specify what it is until the game is over. However, I will say that aliasing is illegal - any posts that exist in a QT that don't clearly indicate the player who made them will be deleted by me, with a note explaining that deletion's purpose. Repeated rulebreaking on this point will result in narrator killing the offending player.

8) There will be no powers that screw with vote totals in any way.

9) Ties in the lynch will be resolved randomly.

Does this answer your question?

- - - Updated - - -

I will also confirm that it's not a cult game, it is a the usual town/wolf setup with some slight twisting.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-06-16 at 09:23 AM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    <snip>

Does this answer your question?
    It does. Thank you, and that sounds like a fun level of ignorance on the players' end.

I think what I should do is skip Unavenger's game and join yours.
    What I will probably do is join Unavenger's late in recruitment, and also join yours.

19. - Top - End - #409

Planetar

It does. Thank you, and that sounds like a fun level of ignorance on the players' end.

I think what I should do is skip Unavenger's game and join yours.
    What I will probably do is join Unavenger's late in recruitment, and also join yours.
    I want to be a neutral it is far more likely for me to be a neutral in craziest game I won't join games where qt's are heavily involved and where everyone being connected is likely thus I won't join AV's.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

It was quite amusing following your quickly evolving attitude in the last recruitment thread. "I won't joint." "I probably won't join." "I might join." "I probably will join." "I'm in".

21. - Top - End - #411
    Barbarian in the Playground

I guess totadileplayz's scheduled game is not happening then.
    EDIT: Or it is? Conflicting information.

On that topic, I have a few ideas for a Mafia game, might narrate one in my summer holidays.
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2021-06-16 at 10:07 AM.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

22. - Top - End - #412

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post

On that topic, I have a few ideas for a Mafia game, might narrate one in my summer holidays.
    Yes it will be happening i just entered a bad head-space because i am a walking wreck of a person who needs validation to feel a pursuit is worth doing. and yes i have done long tiring tasks to get validation and provide utility to others why do you ask?
    Last edited by totadileplayz; 2021-06-16 at 10:10 AM.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post

Totadileplayz's game is 4th in line currently. If, when Love Letter Mafia ends, totadile feels like delaying or giving up their turn, then I'll poke Unavenger about Upick 2 instead. But until we reach the point where totadile has to make that decision, I'm not gonna make assumptions (I think I left Party Of Rogues on the schedule for a full year or so with monthly checks to see if they wanted to run yet before I finally removed their spot instead of just delaying it again).

It's possible that repeated exposure to me tryharding from the front of a network will simply be so unproductive an experience that it finally drives tot away from the community. It's also possible that me dying immediately in Craziest/Love Letter will prevent me from ruining the game for him, and he'll stick around. It's possible that he'll have some bad accident and be too busy with hospital stuff to run his game quite yet once his turn comes around and it needs to be delayed. Life is crazy sometimes, and silly internet games take a backseat to physical or mental wellbeing.

My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #414

Switching the power on the other hand could be interesting, but I think it would be more beneficial for town. Unless killing the carrier of a role would also remove this role from the game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    That was my idea. Especially since when people start dying there'll be more roles then people, so not all can be used- it makes sense that the 'dead' roles would stay dead.
    I was going to have a mechanic like this in my Love Letter game - a couple powers cause people to change roles (not alignment) so we can give that mechanic a bit of a test run there.

25. - Top - End - #415

Planetar

It would be cool if the wolves were able to keep a power permanently shifting onto their side for the game of their choice. A power they randomly end up with every single night they can choose one power they have that night to keep over on their side.
    Last edited by totadileplayz; 2021-06-16 at 03:36 PM.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Dwarf in the Playground

I am very excited for a non-QT game, or at least one where I'm not narrator.

This discussion makes me want to run a bastard game, but I think I'd better build up some goodwill before that.

I could absolutely see a game where every player is a neutral, with a different win-con (at cross-purposes, naturally) and a power or two.

Maybe just 'everyone has a secondary goal, in addition to being Town or Wolf'. That might be amusing; wolves have roles they want (or do not want!) to kill, town has other townies they want dead (but they don't want town to lose). Motives, ulterior motives, and ulterior ulterior motives. It would be horrible to run, but amusing to play, I think.
    Avatar by the gracious and talented smutmulch!

27. - Top - End - #417

There was a hilarious variant game I wanted to run:

Wilder West WW: Wait, who shot the sheriff?

Throw me on the queue whenever.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

There was a hilarious variant game I wanted to run:

Wilder West WW: Wait, who shot the sheriff?
    Would you consider changing it to the even more alliterative "Wilder West WW: Wait, who wacked the watcher?" We can call it WWWWWWWW for short.

29. - Top - End - #419

I would consider it but Sheriff memes are too high quality.

Besides it's currently:
    WWWWWWSS and that's nice

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MornShine View Post
    I am very excited for a non-QT game, or at least one where I'm not narrator.

This discussion makes me want to run a bastard game, but I think I'd better build up some goodwill before that.

I could absolutely see a game where every player is a neutral, with a different win-con (at cross-purposes, naturally) and a power or two.

Maybe just 'everyone has a secondary goal, in addition to being Town or Wolf'. That might be amusing; wolves have roles they want (or do not want!) to kill, town has other townies they want dead (but they don't want town to lose). Motives, ulterior motives, and ulterior ulterior motives. It would be horrible to run, but amusing to play, I think.
    That sounds fun. I've also considered this.

Is bastard game a catch all for games designed to piss of players or does it mean something specific?

I would consider it but Sheriff memes are too high quality.

Besides it's currently:
    WWWWWWSS and that's nice
    Fun fact I have a (insert arbitrary number of greats) grandfather who did shoot the sheriff and has been confirmed to not have shot the deputy.

Also I would just call it 6W2S probably. Or Something like that.