New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Also, Game 8 of the Mafia Championship has begun! May the worthy win!
    Game 8 has ended.
    Sad to see Apogee getting lynched in the endgame, but I think he did a great job in an intense game.

@Apogee
    Spoiler: Question about the game
    Show

There is one thing I'm wondering: Did you accept Oranges explanation for the tiebreaker?
    This was the moment where I picked my guesses. By preventing the tie Orange pushed his ally from a 50/50 chance of death to a 0 chance of death. And since he did it at the last possible moment, the change of his vote did not indicate anything about the other voters.
    So I thought, it had to be a wolf saving another wolf. Had he changed his vote earlier, with time for someone else to react, I might have believed him.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Game 8 has ended.
    Sad to see Apogee getting lynched in the endgame, but I think he did a great job in an intense game.

@Apogee
    Spoiler: Question about the game
    Show

There is one thing I'm wondering: Did you accept Oranges explanation for the tiebreaker?
    This was the moment where I picked my guesses. By preventing the tie Orange pushed his ally from a 50/50 chance of death to a 0 chance of death. And since he did it at the last possible moment, the change of his vote did not indicate anything about the other voters.
    So I thought, it had to be a wolf saving another wolf. Had he changed his vote earlier, with time for someone else to react, I might have believed him.
    Thanks Rogan!

Yeah, fun but weird game in many ways with a rough ending. Hopefully I'll get another shot in the semi's, we'll see how the voting and jury goes.

I, in the moment, kind of shrugged at the explanation as plausible if not incredible, but before the last day got cut short by the early vote one of the two worlds I was collapsing around has orange / dekay as paired, for that vote and others. I think if we voted dekay, which I think was likely if not guaranteed, we find orange off of that later.

3. - Top - End - #453

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    Thanks Rogan!
    You're welcome

Yeah, fun but weird game in many ways with a rough ending. Hopefully I'll get another shot in the semi's, we'll see how the voting and jury goes.
    My prediction is, orange will get most votes, but you might achieve second place. But it will be close call, there were lots of good players in this match.
    Even if you don't get enough votes, I think you should have good odds of a jury selection.

But more important than my predictions:
    Good luck!

I, in the moment, kind of shrugged at the explanation as plausible if not incredible, but before the last day got cut short by the early vote one of the two worlds I was collapsing around has orange / dekay as paired, for that vote and others. I think if we voted dekay, which I think was likely if not guaranteed, we find orange off of that later.
    Yeah, this very early vote on the lylo was really unfortunate. On the other hand, I'm not sure if more time would be enough to get Sanse out of the tunnel.
    Good job at keeping mostly calm, by the way. Must be really frustrating to be called wolf all the time, especially if you think the person saying so is town as well.

4. - Top - End - #454

BlueWizardGirl

A friend sent me this artist and I found this song:

It seemed appropriate.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

she/her

5. - Top - End - #455

ClericGuy

Apogee, congratulations to your second place and the advancement to the semis.

Be careful when it comes to tunnels and busses!
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

6. - Top - End - #456
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Penguinator, were you interested in running Circle Of Assassins or just asking if people were interested in playing/running it in general?
    I'm not sure yet, sorry. I might run one, but it probably will be a while before that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    In total there will be twenty-two Pathways with each nine Sequences. Sequence 9 is the lowest while Sequence 1 is the highest.

Examples for what I might do, feedback would be appreciated.
    I've seen/run games where specific players gained access to new powers, or all players had some kind of access to new powers (like they could buy and use items, or there were contests for a single item/ability that all players could fight over) but I've never seen a game where all players gained powers every night. I'm really interested in the concept.

For what you've posted, I immediately thought they were both wolf-based roles, although I realized the second one could potentially go either way. (I think the 'force a player to vote subconsciously' feels more wolf, though) I would be interested in seeing some of your ideas for a specifically town-role, to see how the balancing works both ways.

Also I have a couple of questions about that power specifically. Is there any way for the target to figure out that they're voting for the wrong person? What happens if that person votes for your intended target anyway? (You could have a later version of the role which gave more power to someone's vote if they actually intended to vote for that person) Are there other roles which can figure out that you're voting for "the wrong person?"

Although I believe you said that all roles/powers would be available for the players to see, so that would probably mitigate some of the potential abuses of said power.

Quote Originally Posted by MornShine View Post
    In Werewolf games, what are plausible goals for neutrals? I’ve thought of the “keep someone (or most of several people) alive” and “make sure this person dies”, but anything other than that, especially that doesn’t require the person to be their own faction? Anyone have a good place (game?) to look at?
    I don't remember specifically the name of the game, but usourselves&we ran a game forever ago where I was the neutral role, and I don't remember my goal (which isn't super helpful to what you asked) but my power was "can look at and post in every other player's QT." (I made a specific QT account to play this role) In-game, I could just lie low, and do the bare minimum to keep from being suspected or targeted, and vote for whoever. In QTs, I could answer people's questions, give them ideas of where to aim their actions, and so on. Basically, I would "reward" anybody who was willing to listen, and anybody who was suspicious I would just sort of leave alone. I stayed neutral for the most part until it was late into the game, at which point I basically decided to lead the wolves to victory. Zar Peter's role was specifically as my role's Oracle, or something similar, and he was the one having the most fun interacting with me in his QT, so I basically told him how to win.
    It was really fun for me, but I don't know what it would have felt like for anybody else in the game to know there was somebody else who could basically just tell you how to win at any given moment.

One thing I usually do with neutral roles is to give them more than one way to win. That way, if something happens which explicitly ruins/makes it really hard to achieve one of their goals, they can still achieve a win through alternate means.
    Another way to do neutral roles is to have a neutral role exist on top of a pre-existing role. One game I was in gave an additional neutral role to a player in the middle of the game (dead players got to choose a champion, basically) which gave them new powers and a new way to win on top of their pre-existing role. I don't... remember it specifically without looking it up, but I believe it was something they were able to achieve... I think it had something to do with having enough dead players of each faction.

That said, I don't think I've used a lot of specifically neutral roles, so I might not be the best person to talk about them.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Barbarian in the Playground

Morning Everyone! Can I get a quick catchup of things? Like bullet point -
    Any games I can signup for currently - either as an alt or guest or maybe you need another narrator?

How do I get a game onto the schedule these days? Like - if I wanted to run another round of my old WW games of Ye Olde West/Titans/Llama Llama Duck? (Or, if hopefully someone picked up the mantle, join them in the next round of narrating one?)

To be clear, I'm craving the fulfillment of discussion for superficial conflict these WW games provide. The current "Among Us" craze has left that rich tapestry of story on the sidelines with all it's fancy programming. I want some depth to my killings!
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

SUPAGOOF! I missed you, you big goofball! I still have that time I blew you up in my signature!
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

9. - Top - End - #459

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    SUPAGOOF! I missed you, you big goofball! I still have that time I blew you up in my signature!
    Big hugs! Glad to see that, and glad to be back. I needed to get back to my roots, now that my kids are growing up and don't share my appreciation for the finer nuances of a great story that goes along with a game.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Summary:

10. - Top - End - #460

Default Re: Craziest Idea Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    "From the day we arrive on this planet
    And, blinking, step into the sun
    There is more to kill than can ever be killed
    More murder than can ever be done.

There are far too many people alive
    More to axe than can ever be axed.
    But the Reaper most Grim
    Ending lives with a whim
    Keeps great and small on the endless round

It’s the circle of death,
    And it kills us all.
    With despair and pain
    With darkness and blood
    Till we find our doom
    On the path unwinding
    In the circle
    The circle of death

It’s the circle of death
    And it kills us all
    With despair and pain
    With darkness and blood
    Till we find our doom
    On the path unwinding
    In the circle
    The circle of death."
    (Oooh, I love a good song mashup. If you'll indulge me...been a bit since I wrote one of these in a WW game.)

Hakuna Killata
    What a morbid old phrase,
    Hakuna Killata,
    Aint no surviving today

It means no worries,
    Cause today's your last day
    It's the "lynch mob agrees"
    Philosophy...
    Hakuna Killata

Hakuna Killata?
    Yeah. It's our motto!
    What's a motto?
    Nothing. What's a-motto with you?
    Those two words will explain all the pointing,
    That's right. Take SnowBlaze here

Why, when she was a young iceflame,
    When I was a young IceFLAME!
    They found her contrast lacked a certain appeal,
    People didn't want to cook and eat an ice cold meal,

I'm a sensitive Snow, though I go to the max
    And it hurt, that people, couldn't see past the axe..

And oh, the shame
    (Couldn't be IceFlame)
    Thought of changin' my name
    (So they changed to SnowBlaze!)
    And I got to more chillin'
    (How did ya feel?)
    Everytime that I was...

Hold up, it ain't end of day yet.
    Right! Sorry.

Hakuna Killata
    Hakuna Killata,
    Aint no surviving today

It means no worries,
    Philosophy...
    Hakuna Killata
    Hakuna Killata!
    Hakuna Killata!

Hakuna Killata
    Hakuna Killata

I say Hakuna,
    You say Killata....

(Disclaimer - I'm not in this game, not knowledgeable of anything by anyone, just having a bit of fun. Please base no facts on my silliness. )

The Fullmetal Mod: Post moved from game to general thread.
    Last edited by flat_footed; 2021-07-19 at 02:23 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Summary:

11. - Top - End - #461
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Craziest Idea Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    (Oooh, I love a good song mashup. If you'll indulge me...been a bit since I wrote one of these in a WW game.)

Hakuna Killata
    Hakuna Killata,
    Aint no surviving today

It means no worries,
    Philosophy...
    Hakuna Killata

Hakuna Killata?
    Yeah. It's our motto!
    What's a motto?
    Nothing. What's a-motto with you?
    Those two words will explain all the pointing,
    That's right. Take SnowBlaze here

Why, when she was a young iceflame,
    When I was a young IceFLAME!
    They found her contrast lacked a certain appeal,
    People didn't want to cook and eat an ice cold meal,

I'm a sensitive Snow, though I go to the max
    And it hurt, that people, couldn't see past the axe..

And oh, the shame
    (Couldn't be IceFlame)
    Thought of changin' my name
    (So they changed to SnowBlaze!)
    And I got to more chillin'
    (How did ya feel?)
    Everytime that I was...

Hold up, it ain't end of day yet.
    Right! Sorry.

Hakuna Killata
    Hakuna Killata,
    Aint no surviving today

It means no worries,
    Philosophy...
    Hakuna Killata
    Hakuna Killata!
    Hakuna Killata!

Hakuna Killata
    Hakuna Killata

I say Hakuna,
    You say Killata....

(Disclaimer - I'm not in this game, not knowledgeable of anything by anyone, just having a bit of fun. Please base no facts on my silliness. )

The Fullmetal Mod: Post moved from game to general thread.
    Nice! Thanks for writing this!

...though I’m going to run out of song ideas soon.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

While I still feel like I need to play a few more games before narrating one, there are so many games on the schedule I should be confident enough by the time it's my turn, so put my name at the bottom of it. I have some ideas for a theme but let's keep it blank for now.

13. - Top - End - #463

Big hugs! Glad to see that, and glad to be back. I needed to get back to my roots, now that my kids are growing up and don't share my appreciation for the finer nuances of a great story that goes along with a game.
    ****ing oath, Supagoof welcome back.

Current game is ongoing, we're sticking to one game at a time to avoid burning out. Keep an eye on here and whoever's hosting usually puts a link to new sign-ups.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

14. - Top - End - #464

That sounds great - I'll be sure to do that. Anxiously looking forward to the next zany round of WW to start.

And I see my first parody back, got moved to WW central. I hope I didn't break any rules...

Snowblaze - I'll try not to steal all the good songs, perhaps even be a muse for inspiration for you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Summary:

15. - Top - End - #465

That sounds great - I'll be sure to do that. Anxiously looking forward to the next zany round of WW to start.

And I see my first parody back, got moved to WW central. I hope I didn't break any rules...

Snowblaze - I'll try not to steal all the good songs, perhaps even be a muse for inspiration for you.
    I welcome the return of musical mastery that you bring.

We had two musical parodies in the previous game (Percy Jackson WW) and intend to have more going forwards
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

16. - Top - End - #466
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Supagoof! You're alive!

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

17. - Top - End - #467

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Supagoof! You're alive!
    Penguinator! Ye...checks pulse quick....yep, I still am. Great to see you're here!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Summary:

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

Afterlife is recruiting.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #469

I have been toying with the idea of a all powers Stargate SG-1 themed game. Would there be interest in such a thing? I am envisioning utilizing a lot of 'factions' (Nox, Tok'ra, Tauri, Asgard, Tollan, Jaffa, Goa'uld, etc) that will variously have common goals and or powers, thus making it hard to tell just by the way people act/what power they have exactly who is town (a semi-known bastard mechanic). Obviously exactly how many factions will depend on how many people are interested and some of the powers will only be available if there are enough people to justify their use. I don't know how well it'll work, but it sounds interesting to me to try.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    I have been toying with the idea of a all powers Stargate SG-1 themed game. Would there be interest in such a thing? I am envisioning utilizing a lot of 'factions' (Nox, Tok'ra, Tauri, Asgard, Tollan, Jaffa, Goa'uld, etc) that will variously have common goals and or powers, thus making it hard to tell just by the way people act/what power they have exactly who is town (a semi-known bastard mechanic). Obviously exactly how many factions will depend on how many people are interested and some of the powers will only be available if there are enough people to justify their use. I don't know how well it'll work, but it sounds interesting to me to try.
    Sounds interesting to me. And the popularity of the Crazy Idea games makes me think that multiple factions wouldn't be a deterrent.

A big question, I think, would be if it's public how many factions exist and how much we know about their possible 'alliances'. E.g., it's make sense for the humans and the Asgardians to be both able to win.
    If you wanted a mix of knowledge vs. ignorance, you could have some player cutoffs to determine how many factions exist, but which factions exist stays private. List the factions explicitly in the opening post -- including enough details so that knowledge of the series doesn't give too much of an advantage -- but keep private which factions actually enter into play. Well, probably beyond saying something like "at least the SG-1 team and the Goa'uld are in play."

21. - Top - End - #471

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Sounds interesting to me. And the popularity of the Crazy Idea games makes me think that multiple factions wouldn't be a deterrent.

A big question, I think, would be if it's public how many factions exist and how much we know about their possible 'alliances'. E.g., it's make sense for the humans and the Asgardians to be both able to win.
    If you wanted a mix of knowledge vs. ignorance, you could have some player cutoffs to determine how many factions exist, but which factions exist stays private. List the factions explicitly in the opening post -- including enough details so that knowledge of the series doesn't give too much of an advantage -- but keep private which factions actually enter into play. Well, probably beyond saying something like "at least the SG-1 team and the Goa'uld are in play."
    Yea that was my idea, I am still fleshing it out, but I was thinking of stating how many, but not which beyond the core SG-1 and Goa'uld. I will definitely include all relevant info to ensure knowledge of the show gives unfair advantage. I will not be sticking strictly to the show lore, as it changes over the course of the series (vis-a-vie the relationships between the tauri and the tollan or jaffa or goa'uld).

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

Afterlife has ended in a victory for the Polterguists (scumteam) and the Medium (neutral).

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #473

I'll have Love Letter recruitment up tomorrow.

Also, I'd like to add my name to the bottom of the list again for running games. Have plenty of ideas, just not sure which I'll run when.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

Sometime soon, maybe this weekend, I'm probably going to start throwing up some ideas for the rules for Percy Jackson 2 in order to get some feedback.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    I'll have Love Letter recruitment up tomorrow.

Also, I'd like to add my name to the bottom of the list again for running games. Have plenty of ideas, just not sure which I'll run when.
    I have so much letter-based dialogue ready!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, everyone cool if I throw up a Battle Royale?
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

26. - Top - End - #476

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Sometime soon, maybe this weekend, I'm probably going to start throwing up some ideas for the rules for Percy Jackson 2 in order to get some feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I have so much letter-based dialogue ready!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, everyone cool if I throw up a Battle Royale?
    All these references to "throwing up" something has me concerned a bug is going around. but in all seriousness I am glad to see new games being so plentiful

27. - Top - End - #477

Hi All,

Please add my name to the list. I'll spin up a version of Ye Olde West.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Summary:

28. - Top - End - #478

29. - Top - End - #479

RedKnightGirl

While waiting for the next game to start, I was hoping to read some of the older ones. Can someone tell me whether the PJ game people keep referencing is Percy Jackson Maffia or Percy Jackson Werewolf?

Also, any recommendations for games that would be good to prepare me for the upcoming one (similar rules or often referenced by players) would be very welcome.

Thanks!
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    While waiting for the next game to start, I was hoping to read some of the older ones. Can someone tell me whether the PJ game people keep referencing is Percy Jackson Maffia or Percy Jackson Werewolf?

Also, any recommendations for games that would be good to prepare me for the upcoming one (similar rules or often referenced by players) would be very welcome.

Thanks!
    Werewolf Mafia Percy Jackson

My Homebrew