New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

It's time to duel!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    It's time to duel!
    I'm only familiar with the original series and not GX or DX or whatever it is.... But I'm pretty sure it's :time to d-d-d-d-d-d-duel or something like that

3. - Top - End - #573
    Titan in the Playground

In GX it's "get your game on."
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #574
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

AV, you can add me to the list of upcoming games.
    Title "Deal with a Devil"
    But use a pencil, please. I don't know if I will still want to go that specific way when it's time for me to be the narrator.
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

5. - Top - End - #575
    Titan in the Playground

AV, you can add me to the list of upcoming games.
    Title "Deal with a Devil"
    But use a pencil, please. I don't know if I will still want to go that specific way when it's time for me to be the narrator.
    Done, pencil and all.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #576
    Titan in the Playground

And I'd better stake my claim for Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds before I end up waiting 2 years.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

7. - Top - End - #577
    Titan in the Playground

Sign me up as well for Raging Loop. I wanna see how the set-up of the omonym (that the word? Anyway, the thing with the same game) works when taken out of the game's context.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2022-01-01 at 02:34 PM.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ogre in the Playground

Since I'm coming up, has anyone thought of a useful private communications replacement? If there are no ideas other than discord, I will be setting one up to play with it and see what my options are.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Wombat had some alternative suggestions in the Yu-Gi-Oh! recruitment thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    As for dead chat, maybe you could use forumotion or proboards to create a one-time chat?

Hrrmmm, xoyondo seems to work quite well.
    I can also confirm that the discord dead chat is working just fine
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

Discord seems like the best option. The easiest might be to invite everyone to the same server and then create secret channels for wolfchat, deadchat and whatever else. If people can't even see the channels, I'm assuming they can't see who's in those channels?

The downsides that I can see are A) people need to register and B) the previously discussed issue with not being able to have unseen members of a channel (which might be solvable with bots or just manually copying the content of a channel to another one).

And yeah, the deadchat seems to be working fine. It even seems chattier than normal, not sure if it's thanks to Discord (it is easier to have real time discussions there than in a QT) or just the dead people being unusually talkative.

11. - Top - End - #581

ClericGuy

... or just the dead people being unusually talkative.
    Guilty as charged!

I guess the registration might be a problem, if someone isn't willing to do this. Saying so in advance would be helpful for planning.
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

12. - Top - End - #582

Discord seems like the best option. The easiest might be to invite everyone to the same server and then create secret channels for wolfchat, deadchat and whatever else. If people can't even see the channels, I'm assuming they can't see who's in those channels?

The downsides that I can see are A) people need to register and B) the previously discussed issue with not being able to have unseen members of a channel (which might be solvable with bots or just manually copying the content of a channel to another one).

And yeah, the deadchat seems to be working fine. It even seems chattier than normal, not sure if it's thanks to Discord (it is easier to have real time discussions there than in a QT) or just the dead people being unusually talkative.
    For Dead of Winter, I'm considering making a server like that where each Night action is a different channel. I need to make sure that others can't know who is in what channel. I'll be testing a server soon so hopefully I can come up with some of those answers. Wolves and Dead Chat would be completely separate servers, so at max you'd have 3 for the game and can delete them after.

13. - Top - End - #583

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    For Dead of Winter, I'm considering making a server like that where each Night action is a different channel. I need to make sure that others can't know who is in what channel. I'll be testing a server soon so hopefully I can come up with some of those answers. Wolves and Dead Chat would be completely separate servers, so at max you'd have 3 for the game and can delete them after.
    I'm willing to help you test that if you like.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

14. - Top - End - #584

Same here.
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

15. - Top - End - #585
    Titan in the Playground

Me as well if you need help testing.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground

As long as you make the channel private other people shouldn't even be able to see the channel, much less who's in it (especially if you set it so that access is only for a specific role, rather than inviting specific people). But this is mostly theory, so testing it sounds like a good idea.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Titan in the Playground

As long as you make the channel private other people shouldn't even be able to see the channel, much less who's in it (especially if you set it so that access is only for a specific role, rather than inviting specific people). But this is mostly theory, so testing it sounds like a good idea.
    I think part of the goal is making sure that people in the channel don't know who all is in the channel.

My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I think part of the goal is making sure that people in the channel don't know who all is in the channel.
    Oh, you mean even the people with access to the channel? That'd be nice, but I don't think it's possible (though I'm hardly an expert on the subject, so hopefully I'm wrong).
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2022-01-02 at 01:15 PM.

19. - Top - End - #589

Oh, you mean even the people with access to the channel? That'd be nice, but I don't think it's possible (though I'm hardly an expert on the subject, so hopefully I'm wrong).
    The only way I can think of requires them to not post. When looking at a Thread (a "subchannel") without joining it you don't show up in the Members List, however you automatically join, and therefore get shown in the Members List, if you post a message.

Also, you don't need special roles for everyone, it is possible to change Permissions for single Users
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2022-01-03 at 04:52 PM.
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    The only way I can think of requires them to not post. When looking at a Thread (a "subchannel") without joining it you don't show up in the Members List, however you automatically join, and therefore get shown in the Members List, if you post a message.

Also, you don't need special roles for everyone, it is possible to change Permissions for single Users
    Oh, I've never noticed that. That'd certainly fix a large part of the problem (if someone would need to post anonymously they could always register a specific user for that).

I know permissions can be set individually, I mostly mentioned it just in case it's possible to see a channels members somewhere (I'm not sure that's possible but I didn't want to rule it out), so that instead of seeing Person A, Person B and Person C, you'd just see that it's for people with the role Wolf or whatever.

Though now it occured to me that I don't know if you can hide a person's roles, so my suggestion might actually make it less secure.
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2022-01-03 at 05:07 PM.

21. - Top - End - #591

I made a test server! Join below and when I have a few minutes I'll assign roles and mess around with stuff.

https://discord.gg/T96FAAXy

22. - Top - End - #592

Is the next game going to be totdile's, flat's, or mine?

23. - Top - End - #593

ClericGuy

Is the next game going to be totdile's, flat's, or mine?
    Yes!
    Show

24. - Top - End - #594
    Titan in the Playground

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX has ended in scum victory.

Schedule updated. Yu-Gi-Oh! and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX moved to multi-game archive (and, incidentally, are the last alphabetically).

https://xoyondo.com/ should work as a replacement for QT going forward. We'll have to figure out a clever shorthand for it. XY? Doesn't really roll off the mind-tongue.

totadileplayz last post ITP was ~17 months ago. I should probably take them off the schedule, or at least move closer to the bottom. I'll PM flat about his game. Hopefully will get a response shortly.

My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #595

ClericGuy

Friendly reminder for everyone to update your signature if you keep track of your games or the currently active Mafia/Werewolf game.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ogre in the Playground

Schedule updated. Yu-Gi-Oh! and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX moved to multi-game archive (and, incidentally, are the last alphabetically).

https://xoyondo.com/ should work as a replacement for QT going forward. We'll have to figure out a clever shorthand for it. XY? Doesn't really roll off the mind-tongue.

totadileplayz last post ITP was ~17 months ago. I should probably take them off the schedule, or at least move closer to the bottom. I'll PM flat about his game. Hopefully will get a response shortly.
    Feel free to put me down for a star trek game while you are there. Recently started watching the show so I've been thinking about it.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Feel free to put me down for a star trek game while you are there. Recently started watching the show so I've been thinking about it.
    Scheduled.

My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #598

RedKnightGirl

Oh, and my game will be Candy-Coated Werewolf.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!

29. - Top - End - #599
    Titan in the Playground

We'll have to figure out a clever shorthand for it.
    Xoyo? Sure, it's not as short but I think people will get it.
    After all, all the best names start with X.

Thanks for moving me to the multi-game archives. Happy to have two whole entries there.
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Werewolf will probably stop at ZeXal. I didn't watch Arc-V and I don't think VRAINS works as well for what I like to narrate.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2022-01-10 at 04:51 PM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #600
    Titan in the Playground

FF says he'll have something ready by the weekend, but is fine with Cao cutting the line if he's ready. Cao, are you ready, or are we good to have a bit of a break until FF's game gets rolling?

My Homebrew