New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

I want to save my spot for Zexal since we're filling up so fast...
    Yeah, set me up for Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Which will probably be the last Yu-Gi-Oh! werewolf game I run.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #632
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    As long as our scheduling list is, I don't wanna wait too long for more opportunities to run. Could you add me again with Dead of Winter 2? (To be clear, my next game is not Dead of Winter, it'll be something else).
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I want to save my spot for Zexal since we're filling up so fast...
    Yeah, set me up for Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Which will probably be the last Yu-Gi-Oh! werewolf game I run.
    Both scheduled.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #633
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Great, that's enough people that I don't feel bad signing up again

Please add "Murder on the Orient Express" for me. To run in approximately two years from what I gather.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Bugbear in the Playground

So, we slowed the schedule down when people were getting burnt out from games, but do you think we can shrink recruitment time a bit now? Either starting the next recruitment as soon as a game starts or within the week of a game start?

5. - Top - End - #635
    Titan in the Playground

Heyo, this is what I have so far for Among Us

It’s a bit confusingly laid out, haven’t come up with the proper format yet, but anyone who can puzzle through it is free to offer suggestions.

AMONG WHO? AMONG US!

Basic Gameplay:

The game is played in turns that consist of two different phases.

The first phase is the roam phase, wherein the crew is free to roam about the cabin and keep the ship moving. This phase typically lasts 24 hours. During this time, you report your general course of action to the narrator over PM. The standard actions available to each player during this time are:
    Perform Tasks Quickly
    Perform Tasks Watchfully
    Follow <player>
Watch <room>
    Watch <system>, such as vitals or cameras.
    Repair Sabotage
    The roaming system will be explained in greater detail below.

The next phase is a meeting phase that occurs whenever a meeting is called, either because someone has pressed the button or reported a dead body. This period typically lasts 48 hours. During this time all the players try to decide who the bad guys are by voting for them. Votes are done in red text. You may change your vote if you wish, in which case, you should edit your previous post and strike-through your previous vote. Once the Meeting has ended, whoever has the most votes is removed from the game (Spaced). In the event of a tie, common practice is to lynch whichever player reached that number of votes first. If you want to vote for nobody, please state in red text: Skip Vote.
    NOTE: If a body has been found, the person who reported the body is announced at the start of the meeting phase.

After time's up, the narrator will post the opening of the following Roam Phase and it starts all over again.
    This continues until either A) all of the Imposters are destroyed by the Crew -or- B) the Impostors reduce the total number of Crew players to equal their own.

Roaming Rules:
Rather than specific night actions, each Crew player will begin with a list of tasks to accomplish. If every player’s task is completed, Crew wins the game. The number of tasks depends on the number of people who play the game.
    But this is an open space ship, and not everyone must spend all of their time performing tasks.
    During the roaming phase, each player has about a 5% chance to notice something suspicious in their area and a 1% chance to catch a killer red-handed. But the suspicious activity will not necessarily be that of an impostor. There are ways to improve that, however.
    Reporting Bodies is something Imposters can choose whether they wish to do during the Roaming Phase, and something that Crew are assumed to do as soon as they locate a body.
    The actions the Crew can take are:
    Perform Tasks Quickly
    This is for those trying to blitz a task victory. This guarantees at least one task completed, unless the Imposters take the Kill Quickly (self report) action (in which case it is a coin flip). If a body is slow to be found, it’s possible you can even complete two tasks. Your chance of noticing something suspicious and catching a killer are cut in half, however.
    Perform Tasks Watchfully
    Considered the “standard” action, you get a general description of who you saw while you went to and completed your task. Task, singular. This allows for the standard chance of noting suspicious activity.
    Follow <player>
    You follow a fellow player around the Skeld. If you select an Impostor, you increase your chances of seeing something suspicious or catching them in the act by 70%, though of course they can see that you are following them and choose not to kill. If this player is killed, you get the same bonus to seeing suspicious activity or the kill by the same amount. You can perform tasks you happen to pass by while following <player>, but it is likely to be interrupted and you have a 50% chance of losing your target. 
Watch <room>
    You carefully guard a room in the Skeld, increasing your chances to spot suspicious activity or catch a killer red-handed by 70% in that room. You cannot perform tasks while watching <room>.
    Admin has a table monitoring the vitals in the suits. You will see someone flatline when they die, but not know where they are.
    Security has cameras watching various points in the ship. Watching the security cameras increases your chances of spotting suspicious activity, or catching a killer red-handed, by 30%. However, you are blind to your own personal surroundings and cannot complete tasks.
    Repair Sabotage
    You dedicate yourself to repairing sabotage wherever it may be. You don’t know where you’ll end up, but will automatically be one of the persons needed to perform repairs of a sabotage. A player who happens to be performing tasks in the room where a sabotage can be repaired is assumed to take a break to fix the sabotage.

Impostor-exclusive actions:
    All of the above tasks can be performed by Impostors, with the exception of the two Perform Tasks option. In addition, Impostors gain additional actions, which are listed below.
    Fake Tasks:
    You appear to perform tasks, cutting your chances to be seen as suspicious in half.
    Kill Quickly:
    The Impostors are in full hunt mode, killing people practically as soon as they see them. This increases the rate of kills, and if the Impostors do not self-report there is a chance each of the Impostors can get one kill. This is the only method by which more than one person can die in one roaming phase. Chances of being spotted while performing suspicious behavior or killing skyrockets up by 50%.
    Kill Carefully:
    You will get only one kill, and will not be able to interrupt any tasks. That
    Kill <Player>: This choice allows
    Kill <Room>:

*A maximum of 1 impostor may select a kill action, excepting kill quickly, in which case all impostors take the kill action.

Visual tasks:
    Unlike Among Us, there is exactly one visual task that can prove that a crew member is human: the med scan. It turns out, aliens actually can vent out garbage, shoot asteroids, and turn on shields. Who knew. They cannot, at this point, fool our medical scanners, but our protocols are currently set up to do random check-ups of select crew members rather than scan for imposters. While reprograming them is possible, it would take weeks and we would certainly all be dead by then.

Map:

https://www.earlygame.com/uploads/im...KELD_MAP-1.jpg
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

6. - Top - End - #636
    Titan in the Playground

So, we slowed the schedule down when people were getting burnt out from games, but do you think we can shrink recruitment time a bit now? Either starting the next recruitment as soon as a game starts or within the week of a game start?
    I'm always willing to try it again, if people are up for it.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I'm always willing to try it again, if people are up for it.
    The last time we tried to accelerate again we had two week long recruitment and games were lasting 2+ weeks. So part of the problem (At least as far as I could tell) was that we started recruiting a new game every two weeks and it led to games overlapping. Even if it wasn't by a lot and most people didn't seem to want more than one. So maybe after each one starts the new one starts recruiting a week later. Or we have a standard three week recruitment and being recruiting immediately or something like that.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    The last time we tried to accelerate again we had two week long recruitment and games were lasting 2+ weeks. So part of the problem (At least as far as I could tell) was that we started recruiting a new game every two weeks and it led to games overlapping. Even if it wasn't by a lot and most people didn't seem to want more than one. So maybe after each one starts the new one starts recruiting a week later. Or we have a standard three week recruitment and being recruiting immediately or something like that.
    That's how it used to work, yeah. Upside at the time was that there were enough people that you didn't need all the veterans in every game for it to be playable. Alas...

We could maybe get away with continuous 2-week recruitments, if only because in the two weeks from end of recruitment to end of next recruitment, a bunch of people will have died in the first game. That leaves only a few people who have to maybe worry about overlap, although it's kinda random which ones have to worry. The 2 week recruitment 1 week cooldown suggestion might solve that problem a lil bit?

My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ogre in the Playground

That's how it used to work, yeah. Upside at the time was that there were enough people that you didn't need all the veterans in every game for it to be playable. Alas...

We could maybe get away with continuous 2-week recruitments, if only because in the two weeks from end of recruitment to end of next recruitment, a bunch of people will have died in the first game. That leaves only a few people who have to maybe worry about overlap, although it's kinda random which ones have to worry. The 2 week recruitment 1 week cooldown suggestion might solve that problem a lil bit?
    I'm down for trying anything. I will sign up for whatever, but I know that that seemed to be people's biggest concern as far as I saw them say. That they weren't even done with one when they had to start trying to follow a different game in which most of the people were the same as the other game. So it was a lot but also confusing. A bigger community would definitely help this issue.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well assuming I don't hit something irl that keeps me very busy I'll sign up for all the games.

Easily as I'm usually playing another game offsite while also playing here.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

11. - Top - End - #641

RedKnightGirl

I like this suggestion, and the recruitment thread could then specify that the game will start a few days after the previous game has ended. That way we will reduce the waiting times between games without risking overlap if the previous game runs long.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Ogre in the Playground

It's also worth noting:
    Decreased time between games means more games being played.
    More games being played means more recruitment threads.
    More recruitment threads means more exposure to potential players.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Titan in the Playground

Gonna go through and see how long games tend to go...

My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #644

Gonna go through and see how long games tend to go...
    Around two weeks?
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

15. - Top - End - #645
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Around two weeks?
    Correct.

Game Length (Realtime)
    Dead Of Winter 8 days 3 hours
    Yu-Gi-Oh! GX 19 days 20 hours
    Afterlife 2 20 days 10 hours
    Upick 2 17 days 21 hours
    Love Letter 15 days 0 hours
    Afterlife 16 days 6 hours
    Craziest Idea 19 days 2 hours
    Percy Jackson 15 days 9 hours
    Yu-Gi-Oh! 6 days 3 hours
    Stranger Things 9 days 18 hours
    Upick 14 days 0 hours
    Pelor The Burning Hate 9 days 16 hours
    Smugglers & Scallywags 20 days 3 hours
    The Thing 15 days 5 hours
    Crazier Idea 19 days 3 hours
    Left 4 Dead 3 8 days 5 hours
    Final Fantasy Guild 7 days 3 hours
    Wildbow's Pact 8 days 20 hours
    Witch Hunt! 17 days 5 hours
    Dungeons & Dopplegangers 7 days 23 hours
    The Jellicle Ball 19 days 20 hours
    Beware Of Bites 14 days 15 hours
    Evil Villains 20 days 20 hours
    Crazy Idea 18 days 4 hours
    Harry Potter 12 days 19 hours
    Midwest Mafia 15 days 1 hour
    X-Mafia 42 days 0 hours 17 days 3 hours
    Spongebob Squarepants 15 days 7 hours
    Red Atlantic Cruise 21 days 0 hours
    Corporate WW 9 days 6 hours
    Wizard's Guild 10 days 1 hour
    Prison Escape 11 days 23 hours
    Mansion Murder Mystery 16 days 7 hours

The average length of a game is 14 days 11 hours. The longest game of the recent batch is almost exactly three weeks, so the "start new recruitment one week after old recruitment ends" idea is 100% viable unless we start getting lots of longer games.

I also found some fun quotes along the way. Like this one:

JeenLeen's actions are so laser-guided on setting up dominos such that every single witch got outed and the game went town's way at every single turn, that I am now convinced JeenLeen is a time traveler, and somehow town losing this game ended up triggering IRL WW3.
    - - - Updated - - -

Spoiler: How many times has each player played in those games
    Show
    I won't be searching out for replacement players because I'm not a total masochist. >.>

Player Games Played
    Alandra 1
    Aleph Null 3
    Alexei 1
    Apogee1 17
    Aventine 8
    BasketOfPuppies 5
    Batcathat 9
    bc56 4
    bladescape 7
    Book Wombat 17
    Bunny Of Faith 4
    Caerulea 12
    CaoimhinTheCap 23
    Captain Cap 9
    Chrysocolla 1
    Cuthalion 1
    Da'Shain 1
    DeTess 1
    Duck999 4
    DukeGod 4
    Elenna 22
    EmmyNecromancer 4
    Erin666 1
    flame12 1
    flat_footed 10
    FleeingCoward 1
    flyinglemur 7
    gac3 23
    Godzillarich 1
    Grek 5
    Helgraf 1
    Holy-hunter 1
    JeenLeen 24
    JonnyPatches 2
    JoyWonderLove 6
    Justicar 1
    KAmber 1
    kgato503 9
    Kinro 1
    Kish 1
    Lady Serpentine 2
    lex-Kat 1
    Libro 11
    Logan1996 7
    Logic 2
    Lord Athos 4
    MacJoe 1
    Metastachydium 1
    moonfly7 2
    Mordekai 1
    MornShine 5
    Mr. Popo 1
    Mrs. McGinty 2
    Murska 3
    oblivionkeeper7 1
    PartyOfRogues 9
    plenty 1
    Requilac 1
    Rogan 6
    rogue_alchemist 14
    Saint-Just 1
    Seandiggersby 1
    Shal06 1
    Silent Interim 1
    Smasher0404 1
    Snowblaze 18
    Supagoof 6
    Taffimai 4
    The Outsider 11
    totadileplayz 5
    trtl 2
    Unavenger 11
    Valmark 20
    Voidstar01 1
    Xenopax 1
    Xihirli 21
    YoshiCline 1
    z3r0gamer 1
    Zelphas 2

We average a bit over 14 players per game.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2022-02-02 at 10:22 AM.

My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #646

RedKnightGirl

<detailed plans for Among Us>
    At first glance, the standard percentages (1% and 5%) as well as the security camera (30%) seem low. I'm not sure the standard ones need to exist, but if you're giving up working on tasks and set yourself up as a prime kill victim by going where the taskers aren't, that's high risk, so the potential payout should be higher I think. Expecially since the other players may not believe you even when you have evidence.

On the other hand, how do the wolves circumvent a town initiative where everybody moves through the ship as one or two big groups with half the people watching the room and everybody else fast-tasking? That seems like a foolproof strategy (just like in the real game, and it always annoys me when people split up like chumps). But maybe I'm missing something.

17. - Top - End - #647

Thumbs up Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

Spoiler: AVs amazing work
    Show
    Correct.

Game Length (Realtime)
    Upick 2 17 days 21 hours
    Yu-Gi-Oh! 6 days 3 hours
    Upick 14 days 0 hours

The average length of a game is 14 days 11 hours. The longest game of the recent batch is almost exactly three weeks, so the "start new recruitment one week after old recruitment ends" idea is 100% viable unless we start getting lots of longer games.

- - - Updated - - -

Show
    I won't be searching out for replacement players because I'm not a total masochist. >.>

Player Games Played
    Alandra 1
    Aleph Null 3
    Alexei 1
    Apogee1 17
    Aventine 8
    BasketOfPuppies 5
    Batcathat 9
    bc56 4
    bladescape 7
    Book Wombat 17
    Bunny Of Faith 4
    Caerulea 12
    CaoimhinTheCap 23
    Captain Cap 9
    Chrysocolla 1
    Cuthalion 1
    Da'Shain 1
    DeTess 1
    Duck999 4
    DukeGod 4
    Elenna 22
    EmmyNecromancer 4
    Erin666 1
    flame12 1
    flat_footed 10
    FleeingCoward 1
    flyinglemur 7
    gac3 23
    Godzillarich 1
    Grek 5
    Helgraf 1
    Holy-hunter 1
    JeenLeen 24
    JonnyPatches 2
    JoyWonderLove 6
    Justicar 1
    KAmber 1
    kgato503 9
    Kinro 1
    Kish 1
    Lady Serpentine 2
    lex-Kat 1
    Libro 11
    Logan1996 7
    Logic 2
    Lord Athos 4
    MacJoe 1
    Metastachydium 1
    moonfly7 2
    Mordekai 1
    MornShine 5
    Mr. Popo 1
    Mrs. McGinty 2
    Murska 3
    oblivionkeeper7 1
    PartyOfRogues 9
    plenty 1
    Requilac 1
    Rogan 6
    rogue_alchemist 14
    Saint-Just 1
    Seandiggersby 1
    Shal06 1
    Silent Interim 1
    Smasher0404 1
    Snowblaze 18
    Supagoof 6
    Taffimai 4
    The Outsider 11
    totadileplayz 5
    trtl 2
    Unavenger 11
    Valmark 20
    Voidstar01 1
    Xenopax 1
    Xihirli 21
    YoshiCline 1
    z3r0gamer 1
    Zelphas 2

I like the 3 week idea. Cuts on downtime, and keeps players involved. If that helps the population of players grow, so much the better. Thumbs up from me.

- - - Updated - - -

@Taffi - nice update to your sig.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ogre in the Playground

Correct.

Game Length (Realtime)
    Upick 2 17 days 21 hours
    Yu-Gi-Oh! 6 days 3 hours
    Upick 14 days 0 hours

- - - Updated - - -

Show

Player Games Played
    Alandra 1
    Aleph Null 3
    Alexei 1
    Apogee1 17
    Aventine 8
    BasketOfPuppies 5
    Batcathat 9
    bc56 4
    bladescape 7
    Book Wombat 17
    Bunny Of Faith 4
    Caerulea 12
    CaoimhinTheCap 23
    Captain Cap 9
    Chrysocolla 1
    Cuthalion 1
    Da'Shain 1
    DeTess 1
    Duck999 4
    DukeGod 4
    Elenna 22
    EmmyNecromancer 4
    Erin666 1
    flame12 1
    flat_footed 10
    FleeingCoward 1
    flyinglemur 7
    gac3 23
    Godzillarich 1
    Grek 5
    Helgraf 1
    Holy-hunter 1
    JeenLeen 24
    JonnyPatches 2
    JoyWonderLove 6
    Justicar 1
    KAmber 1
    kgato503 9
    Kinro 1
    Kish 1
    Lady Serpentine 2
    lex-Kat 1
    Libro 11
    Logan1996 7
    Logic 2
    Lord Athos 4
    MacJoe 1
    Metastachydium 1
    moonfly7 2
    Mordekai 1
    MornShine 5
    Mr. Popo 1
    Mrs. McGinty 2
    Murska 3
    oblivionkeeper7 1
    PartyOfRogues 9
    plenty 1
    Requilac 1
    Rogan 6
    rogue_alchemist 14
    Saint-Just 1
    Seandiggersby 1
    Shal06 1
    Silent Interim 1
    Smasher0404 1
    Snowblaze 18
    Supagoof 6
    Taffimai 4
    The Outsider 11
    totadileplayz 5
    trtl 2
    Unavenger 11
    Valmark 20
    Voidstar01 1
    Xenopax 1
    Xihirli 21
    YoshiCline 1
    z3r0gamer 1
    Zelphas 2

Man... I didn't realize I'd be so high on that list of games played.

19. - Top - End - #649
    Titan in the Playground

I like round numbers and the idea of breaking that 20 feels me with dread.

On the other hand, from 21 to 30 it's only about four months and a half given the average lenght of each game.

20. - Top - End - #650
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    I like round numbers and the idea of breaking that 20 feels me with dread.

On the other hand, from 21 to 30 it's only about four months and a half given the average lenght of each game.
    Well, 14 days is the actual game time, it doesn't include the recruitment time (which is also two weeks). However, under the new schedule of things, games and recruitment will be allowed to overlap a bit. So it ends up closer to 7.2 months. So even if you skip a few games, you should be able to hit 30 by 2023.

My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

Having a set trigger for when the next game starts recruiting also means there won't be any "okay, the game ended unexpectedly, is the next person ready to go?" Because they will have had a due date already

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ogre in the Playground

Correct.

Game Length (Realtime)
    Upick 2 17 days 21 hours
    Yu-Gi-Oh! 6 days 3 hours
    Upick 14 days 0 hours

- - - Updated - - -

Show

Player Games Played
    Alandra 1
    Aleph Null 3
    Alexei 1
    Apogee1 17
    Aventine 8
    BasketOfPuppies 5
    Batcathat 9
    bc56 4
    bladescape 7
    Book Wombat 17
    Bunny Of Faith 4
    Caerulea 12
    CaoimhinTheCap 23
    Captain Cap 9
    Chrysocolla 1
    Cuthalion 1
    Da'Shain 1
    DeTess 1
    Duck999 4
    DukeGod 4
    Elenna 22
    EmmyNecromancer 4
    Erin666 1
    flame12 1
    flat_footed 10
    FleeingCoward 1
    flyinglemur 7
    gac3 23
    Godzillarich 1
    Grek 5
    Helgraf 1
    Holy-hunter 1
    JeenLeen 24
    JonnyPatches 2
    JoyWonderLove 6
    Justicar 1
    KAmber 1
    kgato503 9
    Kinro 1
    Kish 1
    Lady Serpentine 2
    lex-Kat 1
    Libro 11
    Logan1996 7
    Logic 2
    Lord Athos 4
    MacJoe 1
    Metastachydium 1
    moonfly7 2
    Mordekai 1
    MornShine 5
    Mr. Popo 1
    Mrs. McGinty 2
    Murska 3
    oblivionkeeper7 1
    PartyOfRogues 9
    plenty 1
    Requilac 1
    Rogan 6
    rogue_alchemist 14
    Saint-Just 1
    Seandiggersby 1
    Shal06 1
    Silent Interim 1
    Smasher0404 1
    Snowblaze 18
    Supagoof 6
    Taffimai 4
    The Outsider 11
    totadileplayz 5
    trtl 2
    Unavenger 11
    Valmark 20
    Voidstar01 1
    Xenopax 1
    Xihirli 21
    YoshiCline 1
    z3r0gamer 1
    Zelphas 2

I'm the one who invited Erin, if I remember correctly what name that friend chose, so that's one player who showed up and left we could probably get back. Assuming life doesn't kick her in the face again. Not super relevant, but I noticed the name and thought about it, so.

Also, in favor of this, obviously.

On a separate note! We just had our first game run on Discord. Thoughts? Especially from the runner side, but player thoughts are good too.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2022-02-03 at 04:10 PM.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Titan in the Playground

So, what's up next then?
    Show

24. - Top - End - #654
    Titan in the Playground

So, what's up next then?
    Once the weekend gets here, flat_footed should have Fallout 2 ready (according to discord messages).

My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ogre in the Playground

So, what's up next then?
    And then I guess I'll be starting one up in three weeks? Based on comments?

26. - Top - End - #656
    Titan in the Playground

And then I guess I'll be starting one up in three weeks? Based on comments?
    Yep that's the current plan.

My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #657
    Ogre in the Playground

Yep that's the current plan.
    Cool. I'm excited for this one but hope it goes as well as I hope. It's a bastard game so we will see how it turns out.
    Last edited by gac3; 2022-02-03 at 10:34 PM.

28. - Top - End - #658

Hey Xihirli, I'm still noodling on this. I think balance may be determined by number of players and number of tasks. I'm getting the concept just fine, trying to figure out (using Cao's last game as an example) if there's a scenario where it becomes impossible for one side to win. The herd mentality at play, you know.

I hope you also don't mind I formatted your post a bit for easier reading.

Heyo, this is what I have so far for Among Us

It’s a bit confusingly laid out, haven’t come up with the proper format yet, but anyone who can puzzle through it is free to offer suggestions.

AMONG WHO? AMONG US!

Basic Gameplay:

The game is played in turns that consist of two different phases.

The first phase is the Roam Phase, wherein the crew is free to roam about the cabin and keep the ship moving. This phase typically lasts 24 hours. During this time, you report your general course of action to the narrator over PM. The standard actions available to each player during this time are:
    • Perform Tasks Quickly
    • Perform Tasks Watchfully
    • Follow <player>
    • Watch <room>
    • Watch <system>, such as vitals or cameras.
    • Repair Sabotage

The roaming system will be explained in greater detail below.

The next phase is a Meeting Phase that occurs whenever a meeting is called, either because someone has pressed the button or reported a dead body. This period typically lasts 48 hours. During this time all the players try to decide who the bad guys are by voting for them. Votes are done in red text. You may change your vote if you wish, in which case, you should edit your previous post and strike-through your previous vote. Once the meeting has ended, whoever has the most votes is removed from the game (Spaced). In the event of a tie, common practice is to lynch whichever player reached that number of votes first. If you want to vote for nobody, please state in red text: Skip Vote.
    NOTE: If a body has been found, the person who reported the body is announced at the start of the Meeting Phase.

After time's up, the narrator will post the opening of the following Roam Phase and it starts all over again.
    This continues until either A) all of the Imposters are destroyed by the Crew -or- B) the Impostors reduce the total number of Crew players to equal their own.

Roaming Rules: Rather than specific night actions, each Crew player will begin with a list of tasks to accomplish. If every player’s task is completed, Crew wins the game. The number of tasks depends on the number of people who play the game.
    But this is an open space ship, and not everyone must spend all of their time performing tasks.
    During the Roam Phase, each player has about a 5% chance to notice something suspicious in their area and a 1% chance to catch a killer red-handed. But the suspicious activity will not necessarily be that of an impostor. There are ways to improve that, however.
    Reporting Bodies is something Imposters can choose whether they wish to do during the Roaming Phase, and something that Crew are assumed to do as soon as they locate a body.

The actions the Crew can take are:
    Perform Tasks Quickly
    This is for those trying to blitz a task victory. This guarantees at least one task completed, unless the Imposters take the Kill Quickly (self report) action (in which case it is a coin flip). If a body is slow to be found, it’s possible you can even complete two tasks. Your chance of noticing something suspicious and catching a killer are cut in half, however.
    Perform Tasks Watchfully
    Considered the “standard” action, you get a general description of who you saw while you went to and completed your task. Task, singular. This allows for the standard chance of noting suspicious activity.
    Follow <player>
    You follow a fellow player around the Skeld. If you select an Impostor, you increase your chances of seeing something suspicious or catching them in the act by 70%, though of course they can see that you are following them and choose not to kill. If this player is killed, you get the same bonus to seeing suspicious activity or the kill by the same amount. You can perform tasks you happen to pass by while following <player>, but it is likely to be interrupted and you have a 50% chance of losing your target.
    Watch <room>
    You carefully guard a room in the Skeld, increasing your chances to spot suspicious activity or catch a killer red-handed by 70% in that room. You cannot perform tasks while watching <room>.
    • Vitals Admin has a table monitoring the vitals in the suits. You will see someone flatline when they die, but not know where they are.
    • Cameras Security has cameras watching various points in the ship. Watching the security cameras increases your chances of spotting suspicious activity, or catching a killer red-handed, by 30%. However, you are blind to your own personal surroundings and cannot complete tasks.
    Repair Sabotage
    You dedicate yourself to repairing sabotage wherever it may be. You don’t know where you’ll end up, but will automatically be one of the persons needed to perform repairs of a sabotage. A player who happens to be performing tasks in the room where a sabotage can be repaired is assumed to take a break to fix the sabotage.

Impostor-exclusive actions:
    All of the above tasks can be performed by Impostors, with the exception of the two Perform Tasks option. In addition, Impostors gain additional actions, which are listed below.
    Fake Tasks:
    You appear to perform tasks, cutting your chances to be seen as suspicious in half.
    Kill Quickly:
    The Impostors are in full hunt mode, killing people practically as soon as they see them. This increases the rate of kills, and if the Impostors do not self-report there is a chance each of the Impostors can get one kill. This is the only method by which more than one person can die in one roaming phase. Chances of being spotted while performing suspicious behavior or killing skyrockets up by 50%.
    Kill Carefully:
    You will get only one kill, and will not be able to interrupt any tasks. That
    Kill <Player>: This choice allows
    Kill <Room>:

*A maximum of 1 impostor may select a kill action, excepting kill quickly, in which case all impostors take the kill action.

Visual tasks:
    Unlike Among Us, there is exactly one visual task that can prove that a crew member is human: the med scan. It turns out, aliens actually can vent out garbage, shoot asteroids, and turn on shields. Who knew. They cannot, at this point, fool our medical scanners, but our protocols are currently set up to do random check-ups of select crew members rather than scan for imposters. While reprograming them is possible, it would take weeks and we would certainly all be dead by then.

Map:

https://www.earlygame.com/uploads/im...KELD_MAP-1.jpg
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

29. - Top - End - #659
    Titan in the Playground

trying to figure out (using Cao's last game as an example) if there's a scenario where it becomes impossible for one side to win. The herd mentality at play, you know.
    You mean where it's forced into a draw? Or where exactly one side can't win?
    I don't think a draw is possible, no. And it will become impossible for Crew to win when the Imposters have equal numbers to them.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ogre in the Playground

I think Goof's looking into situations like we had in Dead of Winter - obviously if the wolf team gets lynch control then only one side can win, because that's their win condition. But having a situation where one side is guaranteed to lose well before the game ends even assuming significantly suboptimal play (as was more or less the case for the wolves there) is just unpleasant.