New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

Also apparently MU is hosting the annual competitions - we doing anything for that?

...sincerely hope that doesn't count as violating the "Do Not Reference Games" clause, because it's big and bold and scary. If I did this wrong I will delete.
    Last edited by Persolus; 2023-03-15 at 03:05 PM.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Persolus View Post
    Also apparently MU is hosting the annual competitions - we doing anything for that?

...sincerely hope that doesn't count as violating the "Do Not Reference Games" clause, because it's big and bold and scary. If I did this wrong I will delete.
    You're safe
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

3. - Top - End - #933
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Persolus View Post

It's ongoing games, and these ones have yet to start so we can talk about them. And I believe we should be getting an invitation sometime soon, at which stage we'll need to decide who we're sending.

Also, AV, can you stick me on the end of the narration list? Let's go with "Isle of Chaos III: Secrets of the Silver Empire", though there's a high probability that changes between now and however many years until it actually happens.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

4. - Top - End - #934
    Bugbear in the Playground

I nominate Snowblaze
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

5. - Top - End - #935
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Could you put me up for The Tarot Club III?
    (I think around every seven/eight games is alright.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Put me down for yet another "?" while you're at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Mutants II: Songs of the Fallen is now recruiting. (Forgive any mistakes in the title or whatever, it's 2:30am.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    It's ongoing games, and these ones have yet to start so we can talk about them. And I believe we should be getting an invitation sometime soon, at which stage we'll need to decide who we're sending.

Also, AV, can you stick me on the end of the narration list? Let's go with "Isle of Chaos III: Secrets of the Silver Empire", though there's a high probability that changes between now and however many years until it actually happens.
    Schedule updated.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #936
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

I nominate Snowblaze
    +1
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I nominate Snowblaze
    Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    +1
    Much appreciated!

I'm tentatively interested pending a better idea of the timescale, but if people want to send someone else that's also fine. Consider me nominating whoever volunteers!
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2023-03-16 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Not furious, just phoneposting!

Extended Signature

8. - Top - End - #938
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, Snow sounds like a good pick.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Question on if a game would be fun or not: all the players are assigned roles, with powers known, as Town. Some are neutrals/wolves. Neutrals have different powers, but they might be similar/able to fake it. Wolves have the listed power, but also an additional power.

Contemplating an In Nomine game where the "village" is a cabal of unaligned sorcerers (meaning independents, not working with Heaven or Hell). Wolves are diabolist sorcerers who picked up extra powers. Neutrals are other entities getting involved. But also just wondering the idea of where the game starts with a ton of information. I reckon it's a bad idea and wouldn't be fun, but figured I'd ask.

10. - Top - End - #940

ClericGuy

I nominate Snowblaze
    I agree with this nomination!

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Question on if a game would be fun or not: all the players are assigned roles, with powers known, as Town. Some are neutrals/wolves. Neutrals have different powers, but they might be similar/able to fake it. Wolves have the listed power, but also an additional power.

Contemplating an In Nomine game where the "village" is a cabal of unaligned sorcerers (meaning independents, not working with Heaven or Hell). Wolves are diabolist sorcerers who picked up extra powers. Neutrals are other entities getting involved. But also just wondering the idea of where the game starts with a ton of information. I reckon it's a bad idea and wouldn't be fun, but figured I'd ask.
    So... Everybody knows who is playing as which role (except for the roles of the neutrals)?
    This sounds like it would lead to a nearly 100% mechanical game. While I personally like the mech puzzle part, I still don't think it would be a good idea.
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

11. - Top - End - #941

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post

It sounds very similar to what Gac did with his Percy Jackson games. Is that what you were going for?
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Ogre in the Playground

INVITATION TO THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 10)

Ahoy there! :)

I’m very excited to invite your community to participate in Season 10 of the Mafia Championship.

The Mafia Championship is an annual forum-based tournament series that pits representatives from various online Mafia (aka Werewolf) communities against one another as they compete to determine the Internet’s greatest forum Mafia player. Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and be their “Champion”.

The tournament first started back in 2013. Since then, 370+ different communities and 50+ different nationalities have been represented.

It’s a super fun event that has created many new friendships and close bonds between communities. I hope that you would be interested in taking part :)

1. DO YOU ACCEPT THE INVITATION?

If your community wishes to participate, please confirm your participation to Lissa or Arapocalypse as soon as you can to ensure yourselves a spot. Currently, the plan is to accommodate 135 communities this season. If there is further interest, additional communities may sign up as substitutes; generally there are some replacements needed both before and during games.

If your community agrees to participate, the deadline for selecting your representative is April 22nd, but the sooner the better.

The games will take place on Mafia Universe. If it’s okay, I can link directly to the general discussion thread regarding this topic on Mafia Universe.

Important notes
    • You may decide yourselves how you want to elect your representative, but we highly recommend some sort of democratic process (public nominations followed by a poll usually works out well).
    • In addition to electing a representative, you should also name an alternate who will be asked to step in if the first choice needs to back out.
    • Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 600-700 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there’s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate. I repeat: Your chosen player needs to be able to promise a good amount of activity on a daily basis!

2. SEASON 10 FORMAT

The tournament structure
    • 135 communities will participate, each sending one representative.
    • QUALIFIERS: 9 Qualifier Games will be played, consisting of 15 players each. I.e. every representative plays in one Qualifier Game. The players themselves vote post-game to determine who is deserving of advancement. 1st and 2nd place will advance to the Semifinal Games.
    • SEMIFINALS: A Jury consisting of finalists from Season 8 will select 27 additional players to advance to the three Semifinal Games. From each game, five players will advance to the Finale Game based on a post-game player vote, just like in the qualifying phase.
    • THE FINALE: The Finale Game is played. Once it has completed, the players vote to determine who shall receive the title of Season 10 Champion and a winner’s certificate signed by Dmitry Davidoff, the creator of mafia.

The qualifier games will be played with the Adapt 6 setup (see the Season 10 Qualifiers Setup tab for more details), and the semifinal/finale games will be played using a different setup. The semifinal/finale setup will be a low-powered 15-player setup, with full details to be disclosed when the jury's semifinal advances are revealed.

This year’s qualifier setup: Adapt 6
    [BOX=SETUP DETERMINATION]Each of the 6 columns from the below table represents a different constituent setup, one of which will be chosen at random and used for the game:

Analyse Deter All-round Protect Track 6lock
    Town Odd Night Tracker

Town Even Night Vanilla Cop

Town 2-shot Doctor

9x Vanilla Town

Mafia 2-shot Watcher

Mafia Roleblocker

Mafia Goon
    Town Jack of All Trades

Town 2-shot Roleblocker

Town Odd Night Doctor

9x Vanilla Town

Mafia Roleblocker

Mafia Jack of All Trades

Mafia Goon
    Town Jack of All Trades

Town Even Night Vanilla Cop

10x Vanilla Town

Mafia Jack of All Trades

2x Mafia Goon
    Town Odd Night Doctor

Town Even Night Jailkeeper

10x Vanilla Town

Mafia 1-shot Jailkeeper

2x Mafia Goon
    Town Odd Night Tracker

Town 2-shot Doctor

10x Vanilla Town

Mafia 1-shot Tracker

2x
    Mafia Goon
    Town 2-shot Roleblocker

Town Even Night Jailkeeper

10x Vanilla Town

Mafia 1-shot Roleblocker

2x Mafia Goon

Town Jack of All Trades has 1x Doctor, 1x Motion Detect and 1x Roleblock.

Mafia Jack of All Trades has 1x Role Cop and 1x Roleblock.

Town 2-shot Doctor, Town 2-shot Roleblocker and Mafia Roleblocker are non-consecutive (cannot target the same player two nights in a row). Doctor actions can't self-target.

Mafia flips only show the alignment of the Mafia player, whereas Town flips show the full role of the Town player.[/BOX]

Relevant mechanics info
    - Day start.
    - Majority elimination will not be enabled during day 1 and is not required at any point for the elimination. Starting on Day 2 and until LYLO, majority will be enabled at 12 hours after SoD (in 36/12s and 48/24s) OR at 24 hours after SoD (in 72/24s). LYLOs are an exception to the majority delay, during which majority will be enabled immediately.
    - Tied votes will result in a player being eliminated at random from among the tied players.
    - No outside communication. I.e. you may not contact the other players outside of the thread (unless you are Mafia and wish to speak with your teammates).
    - Phase Lengths and Deadlines will be up to the players themselves (I’ll organize your representative into a game with deadlines that suit their preferences).
    - Thread is locked during Night Phases.
    - Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO.
    - Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction. The mafia faction kill is mandatory.
    - Mafia may communicate at any time.
    - Each individual player may make a maximum of 125 posts per day phase (this restriction is lifted 1 hour before day end).
    - The game will have a host to oversee everything and make sure everyone’s following the code of conduct, but otherwise the game is completely automated (automatic votecounts, thread locks and reveals alignments automatically, the bot receives and processes actions, etc.).

3. SEASON 10 TIMELINE

There will be 9 Qualifier Games, and your representative plays in just one of these. They will have start dates ranging from the end of April to mid-June. So in other words, as long as your representative can play sometime during that period, they should be good and I’ll make sure they get scheduled into a game that suits their schedule well. I.e. if your rep is busy until June, that isn’t a problem.

The Semifinal Games will be played in July/August, and the Finale Game sometime in August/September (whenever we can work out something that suits everyone).

If you want to get in contact with us ASAP, or if you’re signing up to MU and need your account approved, you can reach us on Discord at Lissa#8083 or Arapocalypse#0834.

Kind regards,
    The Mafia Universe Staff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

13. - Top - End - #943

RedKnightGirl

Wheeeeeee, I get to be first to nominate Snow for reals!

14. - Top - End - #944
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    Wheeeeeee, I get to be first to nominate Snow for reals!
    Officially accepting my nomination.

Objections/other nominations? Also is anyone interested in being backup?

Extended Signature

15. - Top - End - #945
    Titan in the Playground

I don't mind being backup, and I'm actually ganging out on MU enough to see the "we need a sub" messages unlike previously

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #946

AV as our eternal backup is fun so I'm voting for that =P

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

17. - Top - End - #947

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I don't mind being backup, and I'm actually ganging out on MU enough to see the "we need a sub" messages unlike previously
    YES!

Thank you AV ❤️

18. - Top - End - #948
    Ogre in the Playground

AV as our eternal backup is fun so I'm voting for that =P
    Always a bridesmaid, never the bride murderer of the entire bridal party.
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2023-03-23 at 09:34 AM.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Sounds good!

Also if anyone has quotes/suggestions for stuff to put in my bio please share! (I have no doubt I'll be able to write enough on my own, but still...)

Extended Signature

20. - Top - End - #950

OldWizardGuy

Sounds good!

Also if anyone has quotes/suggestions for stuff to put in my bio please share! (I have no doubt I'll be able to write enough on my own, but still...)
    Maybe my posts about how scary you are as wolf?
    Quotes
    I play W/W Mafia! I still claim I was Town all along! Believe me!
    Spoiler: Idea stolen from Snowblaze
    Show

W/W games lynched d1: 3
    W/W games played (excludes spectating) total: 10
    W/W games won: 6
    W/W games lost: 5
    W/W games narrated: 0
    W/W games spectated: 4
    W/W games as wolf: 2
    W/W games as Town: 6
    W/W games as Neutral: 2
    W/W games as Other: 0

21. - Top - End - #951

RedKnightGirl

Sounds good!

Half the people there will have an empty bio or one that's just memes, you'll be fine.

...and if you want to go for memes, maybe the cookie gif Batcathat made to bribe you in the cult game?

22. - Top - End - #952
    Colossus in the Playground

it's...Snowblaze...she's an untrustworthy ruthless busser.
    (Snowblaze was, in fact, a wolf who had just bussed her last wolf buddy when she wrote this.)

23. - Top - End - #953

"My secret towntell for Snowblaze is if she's vote anyone who isn't a wolf."
    - Bladescape

24. - Top - End - #954

SwashbucklerGuy

Snowblaze - They who Call Opposition to Nature
    I feel like this is fairly iconic.

25. - Top - End - #955

Sounds good!

"Solves as SK"
    Loser of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Astral Collective

Winner of Total War: Hanrui 3
    as
    The Four Courts of Hanrui/The Equinox League

Plausible Victor of Total War: Pricipia
    as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

26. - Top - End - #956

RedKnightGirl

If we're talking iconic... "Please don't kill me, I'm an important role for town"

27. - Top - End - #957

OldWizardGuy

FTR incase it wasn't clear yeah Snow is the best player I know
    Quotes
    I play W/W Mafia! I still claim I was Town all along! Believe me!
    Spoiler: Idea stolen from Snowblaze
    Show

W/W games lynched d1: 3
    W/W games played (excludes spectating) total: 10
    W/W games won: 6
    W/W games lost: 5
    W/W games narrated: 0
    W/W games spectated: 4
    W/W games as wolf: 2
    W/W games as Town: 6
    W/W games as Neutral: 2
    W/W games as Other: 0

28. - Top - End - #958
    Titan in the Playground

I should probably get to work on ZEXAL huh
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

29. - Top - End - #959

ClericGuy

Sounds good!

Did you mention being the patron of two clerics - in a game where they nominally were your enemies?

@AV
    You can add me to the schedule again. No name yet. Thanks.
    Last edited by Rogan; 2023-04-03 at 03:28 PM.

30. - Top - End - #960
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I should probably get to work on ZEXAL huh
    Probably, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Did you mention being the patron of two clerics - in a game where they nominally were your enemies?

@AV
    You can add me to the schedule again. No name yet. Thanks.
    Schedule updated.

My Homebrew