Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default All Faith Temple

As an upcoming reward for a personal quest, the Magister of the local city has promised to sponsor the construction of a temple in our group's town (not specifically ours, but we saved it, now they work for us). My character has to pick which god the temple is dedicated to. While my character is a Paladin, I don't really feel like a temple to Hoar would be entirely appropriate. Is there any basis in the D&D world for an all faith temple in which all gods can be worshiped?
    Last edited by Sparhafoc; 2020-02-27 at 07:11 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: All Faith Temple

Maybe limit it to a specific pantheon, like gods of the harvest or elven gods or any LG god.

Many gods and their followers do not get along. For example, letting people worship Lolth and Correlan Larethan (spelling?) in the same place is asking for trouble. Even an LG god would take issue with a CG god and vice versa because in their opinion the other is doing it wrong.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: All Faith Temple

I'm pretty sure i've heard of the concept but can't remember in what setting/book/campaign.

It's true that different followers might have big problems with it but if the temple was commissioned by a higher power, like the God of Gods or the pantheon, the followers could be forced to act nicely or receive divine wrath from their own God.

If it's just your character's idea and they only have to fear the laws of the Magister, some probably won't behave.