New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Superheroics: A Weekly E6 Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticallyPsyco View Post
    There was a recent thread on making a blind swordsman; in a similar vein, Daredevil could be cool. Probably Dreamsight Shifter as the race, maybe pick up Wild Hunt via Extra Shifter Trait, but Warblade for the Scent stance that's name I forget is probably a better idea there.

There are two feats called Blindsight worth noting. The first is from Sword & Fist, and grants a radius of just 5 ft, which could work well with Scent to find enemies, moving next to them, and this feat to attack them without penalty. The second is from Masters of the Wild, and gives permanent blindsight out to an absurd 120 ft, but requires you to be able to Wildshape into a Dire Bat. Could Predator Ranger (the variant w/ Fast Movement and Wildshape instead of a combat style) do that at level 5?
    Daredevil is a good challenge!

For permanent blindsight, I think using the variant Ranger to grab that feat would be the only way.

The other path is to pick up Blind-Fight and the other feat to minor blind-sight out to five feet. Then have our Daredevil procure a Blindfold Of True Darkness. The advantage of this build is it leaves the classes wide open for something like Swordsage.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

There was a recent thread on making a blind swordsman; in a similar vein, Daredevil could be cool. Probably Dreamsight Shifter as the race, maybe pick up Wild Hunt via Extra Shifter Trait, but Warblade for the Scent stance that's name I forget is probably a better idea there.

There are two feats called Blindsight worth noting. The first is from Sword & Fist, and grants a radius of just 5 ft, which could work well with Scent to find enemies, moving next to them, and this feat to attack them without penalty. The second is from Masters of the Wild, and gives permanent blindsight out to an absurd 120 ft, but requires you to be able to Wildshape into a Dire Bat. Could Predator Ranger (the variant w/ Fast Movement and Wildshape instead of a combat style) do that at level 5?
    Daredevil is a challenging but interesting choice! Dreamsight elite is interesting since it gives you the ability to see invisible creatures and things as an EX ability but I would think Wildhunt would be more important since Wildhunt Elite gives you blindsight out to 30'. The issue with going for a shifter is the time frame you can see is limited to while you are shifting. Though that would thematically make it interesting. Predator Ranger can only transform into small or medium forms so dire bat won't work but desmodu hunting bat would.

Other superheros that could be fun o make: wolverine, sabertooth, mystic, cyclops, captain america, black panther, batman, spiderman.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Wildhunt Elite only gives you blindsense 30ft, so I think just getting Scent and enough ranks in Spot/Listen to find the direction so you can approach for your 5ft Blindsight is a better deal (or getting your hands on the wildshape Blindsight feat, natch). That said, this is E6, so getting both Dreamsight Elite and Wildhunt Elite is totally on the table.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

4. - Top - End - #64

SwashbucklerGuy

For Daredevil I'm currently thinking something like:

Human Unarmed Variant Swordsage 4/Ranger 1/Shadow Sun Ninja 1

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Wildhunt Elite only gives you blindsense 30ft, so I think just getting Scent and enough ranks in Spot/Listen to find the direction so you can approach for your 5ft Blindsight is a better deal (or getting your hands on the wildshape Blindsight feat, natch). That said, this is E6, so getting both Dreamsight Elite and Wildhunt Elite is totally on the table.
    Blind guy with high spot skill actually doesn't violate any rules, that makes me laugh. I think there are a number of ways to go about the blindsight and should be a cool build.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Here is my first crack at Daredevil using shifter as base, the idea is he has to put some effort in if he wants to maximize his extra ordinary sense and it will be a tiring experience but is also quite powerful:

So reading through some info on Daredevil I think going ranger makes a lot of sense because he is very skilled in tracking, also Nemesis feat gives us an extra source of blindsight.

Matthew Murdock (Daredevil)
    Wildhunt Shifter Ranger 4( trade ride for tumble, handle animal for gather information, Champion of the Wild to pick up Weapon Finesse, Favored Enemy (Human), Two Weapon Combat Style)/Unarmed Swordsage 2
    Abilities: Wis(19+)>Dex>Con>Str>Int>Cha
    Skills: Concentration, max spot/listen, Sense Motive(once you get it at level 5), Survival, and Tumble, rest of the points going into , 5 in jump, 8 climb, 1 or 2 in swim, maybe hide and move silently if we have extra points to use...
    Skill Tricks: Nimble Stand
    Feats: Wildhunt Elite[L1], Two-Weapon Fighting [R2], Blind-Fighting[L3], Weapon Finesse[R4], Weapon Focus (Shadow Hand)[SS1], Blindsight, 5-foot Radius[L6], Nemesis(Human)[Bo1], Shifter Ferocity[Bo2], Extra Shifter Trait (Dreamsight)[Bo3], Dreamsight Elite[Bo4], Extra Favored Enemy (Mutant)[Bo5], Nemesis (Mutant)[Bo6], Shadow Blade[Bo7], Ability Training (Con)[Bo8], Ability Advancement (Dex)[Bo9],Ability Training (Wis)[Bo10], Ability Training (Dex)[Bo11],Ability Advancement (Wis)[Bo12],Ability Advancement (Con)[Bo13], Adaptive Style[Bo14], Hear The Unseen[Bo15]
    Maneuvers: Burning Brand, Flashing Sun, Sapphire Nightmare Blade, Emerald Razor, Cloak of Deception, Mighty Throw, Baffling Defense, Mountain Hammer
    Stances: Child of Shadow, Island of Blades

Iconic Equipment: Rod of Ropes

7. - Top - End - #67

SwashbucklerGuy

That looks like a good build!

In terms of characters to focus on next?

I think Captain America is really too easy, so I'm going to suggest we look at Cyclops.

I think the easiest approach to him is some mixture of Ardent and Warlock.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Cyclops would be a fun one, I am thinking Dragonfire Adept.

9. - Top - End - #69

SwashbucklerGuy

Why Dragonfire Adept?

I'm currently thinking of him as a lesser planetouched race (as to replicate being a Mutant) Ardent 1/Warlock 3/Warblade 1/Ardent 1

That gets you consistent eldritch blasts (with some invocations to increase its range and to let Scott see through invisibility), gets him White Raven maneuvers so he can perform leadership on the battlefield, and psionic powers for more powerful blasts.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

For me Dragonfire Adept’s Breath weapon flavorfully modified to be ocular blasts just seems more like Cyclop’s ocular blasts than warlock’s eldritch blasts. Cyclop’s ocular blasts function more similarly to line and cone-like breath weapons than balls of energy being shot by warlocks.

Scott Summers (Cyclops)
    Human Dragonfire Adept 5/Warblade 1
    Abilities: Con(19+)>Str>Dex>Int>Cha>Wis
    Skills: Concentration, max spot/listen, Sense Motive(once you get it at level 5), Survival, and Tumble, rest of the points going into , 5 in jump, 8 climb, 1 or 2 in swim, maybe hide and move silently if we have extra points to use...
    Skill Tricks: Nimble Stand
    Feats: Power Surge (Breath Weapon) [HB], Shape Breath[L1], Lingering Breath[L3], Enlarge Breath[R4], Quicken Breath[L6], Clinging Breath[Bo1], Maximize Breath[Bo2], Recover Breath[Bo3], Entangling Exhalation[Bo4], Adaptive Style[Bo5], Knowledge Devotion[Bo6], Ability Training (Con)[Bo7], Ability Advancement (Con)[Bo8], Ability Training (Dex)[Bo9], Ability Advancement (Dex)[Bo10], Ability Training (Int)[Bo11], Ability Advancement (Int)[Bo12], Improved Unarmed Strike[Bo13], Superior Unarmed Strike[Bo14], Exhaled Barrier[Bo15]
    Breath Effects: Cold Breath, Slow Breath
    Though sicken, slow, and weaken don’t fit Cyclop’s ocular blasts as thematically; they still are powerful choices. Cyclops is described as having great skill using his ocular blasts so shaped breath seems to be a great representation of that, however, it is also a feat so probably better to choose something else here.
    Invocations: Beguiling Influence (Scott is supposed to be a leader after all), See the Unseen (Endure Exposure is also a good choice here)
    Maneuvers3: Leading the Attack, Mountain Hammer, Wall of Blades
    Stances: Leading the Charge or Punishing Stance

you could also add in a couple martial study feats for some extra maneuvers...

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Anyone else with builds for Cyclops?

I will vote for nightcrawler next he seems like a fun challenge!

12. - Top - End - #72

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by liquidformat View Post
    Anyone else with builds for Cyclops?

I will vote for nightcrawler next he seems like a fun challenge!
    I think the easiest path with Nightcrawler might be using the Blink Shirt soulmeld.

So maybe something like a Tiefling Totemist 4/Swordsage 2???

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I have been milling over something like Conjurer (Abrupt Jaunt immediate action ACF)1/Swashbuckler 3/Swordsage 2 with Shape Soulmeld (Blink Shirt) feat