New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Hell's Rebels [IC]

Moving closer, and with a twirl overhead, Fortuna lashes out at the corby's legs with her whip, trying to wrap her up and pull her to the ground.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Move to within whippin' distance, trip combat manoeuvre (1d20+4)[10], maintaining bardic performance.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Kyra brings her polearm to bear against the corby.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Using Arcane Pool, then attacking!

A: (1d20+4)[15] -4 because it's nonlethal
    D: (1d10+4)[10]
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2020-04-02 at 04:59 PM.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Colossus in the Playground

Arodea takes the opportunity to strike at the corby with the flat of her blade, slamming her right in the side of the wicked head with her blade. The thunk echoes across the pier as the corby crumples to the floor in a heap of flesh.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Arodea got a crit, so. Combat's over.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nyda watches the bird drop as her blade fails to find it's mark. She sheaths her blades, poking the bird with the tip of her boot "Well, that dealt with that. Does anyone have some rope? Maybe some Shackles?"

5. - Top - End - #275
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Damn, left mine at home, sorry. Could use this though." Fortuna gives Nyda her whip, hand outstretched as she doesn't want to get too close to the corby.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nyda takes the whip "Alright if ya say so". She goes about tieing up the unconscious Corby "We caught your friend! She's still breathing" Nyda calls out to the other Corby's as she works.

7. - Top - End - #277

Korva and the rest of her sisters emerge from the Southern stairs, peering at the unconscious Corby as they come.

"What will you do to help her?" Korva asks.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nyda looks down at the Corby "Well...I didnt think that far ahead. Now that I'm thinking about it I think we might keep her tied up and ask her why she did it? or maybe find a cleric who can help her? Or a druid..."

9. - Top - End - #279
    Bugbear in the Playground

Arodea places her sword back at her side, straightening up. "I don't know of any druids, but the House of Golden Veils might be able to help? Or the Songbird Hall... To be honest, I'm not sure either of them would be able to find a good reason to help. We may have to solve this one ourselves."
    If you need me for anything, or I forgot about something, PM me and I'll see it.
    Undead- er, undying gratitude to linklele for the avatar.
    Quote Originally Posted by frogglesmash View Post
    I guess I'll amend my original statement and instead say that Pathfinder is close enough to 3.5 to spark an argument about how close it actually is.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

"Excuse me," Kyra says. "What is her...predicament?" She asks, as her complete lack of knowing how to address the issue of an apparently violent...relative? Friend? Associate? needing assistance wrestles with her lack of knowledge of bird-person etiquette.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

"She's a dire corby, right? Maybe an egg switched at birth or something." Lynera looks on the beefy bird with a sort of dismissive pity. There are a lot of monsters out there, seemingly intelligent yet cursed to an irrational and destructive existence for reasons beyond her comprehension. She wouldn't be above just putting her out of her misery at this point, but she won't pretend to be a monster psychology expert. Not when Fortuna is right here defying all the mental compulsions tieflings supposedly deal with.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2020-04-04 at 03:53 AM.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Dire Corby... maybe this is just what they're like by nature," Fortuna paces, looking over the thoughtful faces of the group, "But they also say tieflings are demons and half-orcs eat babies."

Addressing the sisters specifically, she says, "I'm guessing you lot haven't lived the most stable lifestyle being smuggled around the countryside. Maybe she'd calm down if she had a quiet place, no drama, conflict, all that, where she can't hurt anyone."

"Bottom line- we lock her up? She is a murderer after all."

13. - Top - End - #283

"We found her when she was just a baby," Korva says softly. "We thought she was one of us. But...she wasn't, but we had still raised her, and could not stop her from becoming this way. And saying that...we would not see her imprisoned. She will suffer and for no reason, not understand. They would not fix her."

14. - Top - End - #284
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"I was thinking more along the lines of confining her to a room down here. I've got plenty books she can read to keep her occupied- it's always done me a lot of good. You wouldn't be throwing her in a hole to rot." Fortuna's gaze settles on Nan's body, still dripping on the pier. She sighs, and softly says, "You truly feel that Chough never waking up again is the least painful choice for everyone, even her?"

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nyda thinks for a moment, rubbing her chin "All the babies I ate were too gamey. I like to let them mature a bit, less meat gets stuck in the teeth" she lets her words hang before a smirk grows on her face "Im joking" She listens to the words of the bird folk and looks down at the Corby "Well...How about this. We keep her down here, lock her up somewhere with plenty of books that might tell her how to act in society. And..I'll talk to her. don't know why, but for some reason, I'm pretty good about getting people to do what I want. Maybe i'll be able to...you know, help her. Orcs are seen as monster's to a lot of folks, maybe we can relate."

16. - Top - End - #286
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"And if she can't read, I'll teach her!" Fortuna says with a snap of her fingers and a smile, a little too bright considering the grave discussion.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Kyra isn't sure what to think, regarding the matter. Beyond the usual issue of what was appropriate to say, she also felt it unclear whether the apparent goal was at all realistic - if an apparent lifetime could not drive the apparently violent instincts from this individual (creature? But you didn't imprison and give books to a creature, so individual seemed proper), could Nyda? In the end, Kyra remains silent, unable to find an answer that satisfies her.

18. - Top - End - #288

Korva shares a look with her sisters and she runs a taloned hand over her face. "I wish...you had not given us this option," she admits.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nyda crouches down and hefts the unconscious body up "Well, I don't think it's right to slit her throat while she's unconscious huh? Now, I'm gonna your friend here inside the safehouse and lock it from the outside. Your welcome to stay here to to try and help her...but, we did what you asked, so that means your technically a part of our gang now. Really appropriate cause we were thinking on the name 'The Glass Crows.'" she says, nudging Fortuna with a wink

Spoiler: Rolls!
    Show

(1d20+7)[23] Bluff to do an innuendo! More of a 'Roll with it" kind of thing

20. - Top - End - #290
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Fortuna's little brainstorm about starting a library down here is nudged out of her. "Ahem, I still think 'The Crystal Crows' sounds classier," She says, eyeing Nyda, not sure exactly what she's upto but trying to play along, "And I'd call it less a 'gang' and more... 'anti-authoritarian counter-culture movement' but aye! Welcome aboard!"

Knowing she won't be able to resist adding 'welcome a-bird' unless she quickly moves on, she takes a couple steps toward the western area Chough emerged from and continues, "We should finish exploring our new 'nest'. Y'know, make sure there's actually room for Chough, tidy up a bit, pick out rooms maybe."

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Kyra is just beginning to consider the appropriate way to introduce herself when Fortuna mentions further exploration. She steps forwards. "Yes," she says, leading the way on, setting her polearm against a wall in favor of her sword if the confines ahead are tight.

22. - Top - End - #292

Korva nods slowly. "We will return to our game," she says, then turns around and heads back to the tables with her sisters.

The group's exploration of the area Chough came from reveals that it's a large bunk room holding mostly halfling-sized beds along with some fit for humans, as well as two private latrines in a sectioned-off segment to the North. In the warehouse the sisters are in, the group discovers that two of the crates in the room are filled with fine Varisian clothing that'd certainly be worth a pretty penny. They also discover a satchel sitting on one of the crates. Inside it are 72gp, a fancy alabaster holy symbol of Abadar, and what seems to be Nan's journal. A cursory examination of it corroborates the story the sisters told the group; Nan agreed to smuggle them out of Riddleport and got to Kintargo just before Thrune arrived, at which point many of his contacts were lost and he had no idea how to get the sisters to their destination.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nyda looks over the loot they found after stowing there Corby friend away "Well. HAve to say that's not a bad haul guys. Couple of new members, another safe house, and a stash of valuables we can sell. THink the holy symbol's worth something?"

24. - Top - End - #294
    Bugbear in the Playground

Arodea stays silent through much of this, ruminating on the teachings of Iomedae. 'When in doubt, I may force my enemies to surrender, but I am responsible for their lives.' Rousing herself, she turns to Nyda and speaks. "If you honestly believe you can help her, I will leave her in your care. If not, I will resolve this myself."
    If you need me for anything, or I forgot about something, PM me and I'll see it.
    Undead- er, undying gratitude to linklele for the avatar.
    Quote Originally Posted by frogglesmash View Post
    I guess I'll amend my original statement and instead say that Pathfinder is close enough to 3.5 to spark an argument about how close it actually is.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nyda raises a brow to Arodea "I said I Would try, I am. The punishment for her crimes is going to be making this a better place. Besides, we can't look a gift bird in the mouth, we have to use what we get. If it means beating Thrune, we have to do it. Im not just going to kill what could become a good member of our revolution"

26. - Top - End - #296
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Fortuna takes a moment to admire the Varisian fashions. They still have that new doublet smell. "The guy at Devil's threads would probably pay well for this lot. Maybe he'd take the holy symbol too, but an Abadar worshiper is a better bet."

"If there's really no getting through to her and she's just a danger to people, it might come to that."
    She says quietly in response to Arodea's concerns, "But it's worth a try."

"I suppose we should take the journal to Laria, but what about Nan's body? Did she say they were friends? Maybe she'll want to bury him, or whatever you're supposed to do with Abadar funerals.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nyda nods, heading over to the man's body "Probably something to do with taxes. Maybe handling out there last will or whatever? Anyone have something I can wrap him in? Probably dont want to be lugging around a corpse like that."
    Last edited by Shadowflick; 2020-04-08 at 03:20 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, we definitely have stuff to wrap him in," says Lynera, looking at an open crate of fresh laundry. "We just need a place to take him. Upstairs, for now?"

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nyda shrugs Works for me"

30. - Top - End - #300

"I would advise against bringing the corpse into the coffeehouse proper," Uly tells the group.