Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [PF1e] Gestalt Way of the Wicked

Now that this place is back and I'm in the mood for some writing, I thought I might give one of these requests a shot again - I'm looking for a GM to run a Pathfinder 1e Adventure Path in Gestalt, with Spheres allowed. Not too fussed about other 3PP stuff, but there's a bunch of new spheres stuff I'd like to try out.

AP wise, my preference would be for something with a good amount of roleplay (Crimson Throne, War for the Crown) or perhaps some villainy (Way of the Wicked), but I'll probably be willing to give anything a try as long as it's not a mega-dungeon, except for Strange Aeons (already playing it) and Mummy's Mask (ran it before, it sucks).

Hoping I get lucky and there's a GM out there for this.

Quote Originally Posted by RoTWS View Post
    Looks like you're in need of a GM, and I'm willing to oblige. A past attempt at running Way of the Wicked failed because everyone (including me) flaked, and another attempt on Discord died due to a breakdown in communication between me and my players. Hopefully, the third time will be the charm.

System: Pathfinder 1e
    Player Count: 4 or 5
    Style of Play: Way of the Wicked (evil, conquest)
    Allowed Content: Anything from Paizo, Dreamscarred Press, or Drop Dead Studios that hasn't been explicitly banned (so far only Sacred Geometry and the Master Summoner archetype have been banned). Summoners must be unchained but may take chained archetypes with permission. Spheres content must use the USoP version if there is one.
    Character Creation: Show me a sheet on MythWeavers.
    Backstory: At a minimum, some information about the crime you committed that got you sentenced to Branderscar.
    Experience: 1st level, 0 XP.
    Wealth: As per the adventure, nothing.
    Ability Scores: 25-point buy.
    Hitpoints/Health: Max HP.
    Alignment: Cannot be Chaotic or Good.
    Other Notes: Gestalt. Two traits, one must be a WotW campaign trait. You may take a drawback for a third trait. Red text is reserved for the GM.

Edit: The party will be becoming vampires during this campaign, so be aware of that.
    Last edited by flat_footed; 2020-04-05 at 07:53 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: [PF1e] Gestalt AP

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisAsmadi View Post
    Now that this place is back and I'm in the mood for some writing, I thought I might give one of these requests a shot again - I'm looking for a GM to run a Pathfinder 1e Adventure Path in Gestalt, with Spheres allowed. Not too fussed about other 3PP stuff, but there's a bunch of new spheres stuff I'd like to try out.

AP wise, my preference would be for something with a good amount of roleplay (Crimson Throne, War for the Crown) or perhaps some villainy (Way of the Wicked), but I'll probably be willing to give anything a try as long as it's not a mega-dungeon, except for Strange Aeons (already playing it) and Mummy's Mask (ran it before, it sucks).

Hoping I get lucky and there's a GM out there for this.
    I was literally going to make the same thread but with dsp stuff lol. Can I get my chocolate in your peanut butter?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Oh, Gestalt Spheres, I'd certainly be interested :)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

I love this stuff.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Fully on-board with gestalt spheres game. Very interested in putting together a cool martial with neat tricks.

Currently Recruiting: Beware Of Bites!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Interested in play.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

7. - Top - End - #7
    Colossus in the Playground

Now we wait for a DM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show

Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I shall join your wait

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I'll also join the wait, I have a spheres character (mageslayer//magus/evangelist) and a dsp character (sorcerer/dragon disciple//zealot) I could use.
    Both are elves now that I think about it.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Definitely posting interest in this peanut-butter-and-chocolate.

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by angelpalm View Post
    I was literally going to make the same thread but with dsp stuff lol. Can I get my chocolate in your peanut butter?
    I have no real strong opinion either way (beyond not wanting to see some of the more busted stuff like Broken Blade or Armoury of the Conqueror), but that's up to any prospective DMs at the end of the day.

12. - Top - End - #12

EvilClericGuy

If intrest in this is still going I'd love to go as either a Elder Mythos Cultist Cleric || Dual Channeler Soul Weaver or JuJu Oracle || Dual Channeler Soul Weaver, if we're doing an evil game or a game open to evil PCs. If we're doing something like Wrath of the Righteous that demands good, than I'd probably be going Phoenix Bloodline Sorcerer || Positive-Channeling Soul Weaver to basically be an -uber healer- while also having a good chunk of fire damage to throw around.
    Last edited by Giegue; 2020-03-09 at 09:04 AM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Mine started at a dinner party in the BBEG's estate.

13. - Top - End - #13

DrowGirl

What is spheres?
    The day I find a game is the day that HL2 Episode 3 is released!
    My Brandenburg Interactive AAR game for EUIV.
    Here is the recruitment page

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Akisa View Post
    What is spheres?
    The Sphere Systems are a pair of 3rd party subsystem, plus a combination system:

Spheres of Power is a magic system that, in place of spell slots and spells per day, instead grants a feat-based spell system, with 20 (+2 new spheres, Blood and Fallen Fey) "Spheres," each of which is tied to some mechanical or thematic root. It's achieved a great deal of acclaim due to the fact that previously level-gated themes/mechanics (Such as necromancy, Telekinesis, and weather control) have been altered so that they can function at lower levels, rather than requiring certain levels, while making certain themes have more mechanical versatility (nature magic, light magic, ect).

Spheres of Might does a similar thing with combat abilities for martial characters, 20 feats with a hundred or so feats requiring one of these twenty feats, and then granting certain classes a bonus feat per point of base attack bonus from that pool of feats. These feats function fundamentally differently from Paizo's feats, focusing much less on +X to damage, and more on adding versatility to a characters toolkit, such as through Quarterstaff Master or Step Up and Strike.

Spheres of the Champion is basically the stuff that combines the magical and the martial elements of each class.

Notably, it's popularity is largely because of the fact that it has its own Wiki, the Spheres of Power Wiki, which features nearly every product put out for the Sphere systems.
    Last edited by The Vagabond; 2020-03-06 at 01:05 PM.

GNU Terry Pratchett

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I want to play a swashbuckler (flying blade) \\ oracle following desna. Not sure I'll be using much sphere stuff, nor sure of the rest of the details, but it'll probably depend on the AP.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Looks like you're in need of a GM, and I'm willing to oblige. A past attempt at running Way of the Wicked failed because everyone (including me) flaked, and another attempt on Discord died due to a breakdown in communication between me and my players. Hopefully, the third time will be the charm.

System: Pathfinder 1e
    Player Count: 4 or 5
    Style of Play: Way of the Wicked (evil, conquest)
    Allowed Content: Anything from Paizo, Dreamscarred Press, or Drop Dead Studios that hasn't been explicitly banned (so far only Sacred Geometry and the Master Summoner archetype have been banned). Summoners must be unchained but may take chained archetypes with permission. Spheres content must use the USoP version if there is one.
    Character Creation: Show me a sheet on MythWeavers.
    Backstory: At a minimum, some information about the crime you committed that got you sentenced to Branderscar.
    Experience: 1st level, 0 XP.
    Wealth: As per the adventure, nothing.
    Ability Scores: 25-point buy.
    Hitpoints/Health: Max HP.
    Alignment: Cannot be Chaotic or Good.
    Other Notes: Gestalt. Two traits, one must be a WotW campaign trait. You may take a drawback for a third trait. Red text is reserved for the GM.

Edit: The party will be becoming vampires during this campaign, so be aware of that.
    Last edited by RoTWS; 2020-03-19 at 12:43 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

What do you think about prestige classes and multiclassing? Can we take them? Do we have to qualify all on one side of the gestalt?

Can I pick the pow rogue archtype for ninja, but with cha as initiation modifier (it makes more sense)? Also, can I make ninja unchained?

Will you allow variant channeling rulership for a cleric of Asmodeus? Though fiendish vessel might be a consideration as well...

You are sure you won't allow the foe/foebile generation method for this game? Gestalt characters are usually even more MAD than regular characters and that method is a bit better on average.
    Last edited by oyzar; 2020-03-19 at 12:41 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Prestige classes and multiclassing are allowed, but you cannot progress the same feature on both sides at once for faster progression.
    The Hidden Blade change is permissible, and you can unchain the ninja.
    Variant Channeling is allowed, and rulership is available for Asmodeus followers. (However, see below.)
    On further reflection, I have decided to use the alternate scenario mentioned in books 4 and 7 of the AP, where the party becomes vampires rather than servants of Asmodeus.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Bleh, I would had a character ready by now if we were following the regular path (even though myth-weavers is down).

What does "turning everyone into vampries" mean/change for the adventure? Since it's not mentioned in the player's guide it would be nice with some explanation.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Definitely interested. Been wanting to try WoTW for a while now.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

I'd be interested. I've actually done the jailbreak a couple times now, but that was a long time ago (honestly don't remember much of the details) and never got any further.

Edit: Currently looking at Zealot // Wilder.
    Last edited by Athaleon; 2020-03-19 at 03:09 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

I'm interested.

Currently Recruiting: Beware Of Bites!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

There doesn't seem to be a martial tradition (from spheres) for ninjas. Can I make my own? I think the following: Bushido Training, Spear Dancer (from equipment) and scout sphere + a scout sphere talent (I want to take lurker). Will that be ok? Dancing around with a naginata or nodachi would be pretty cool.

I'm still undecided on whether I should go for oracle or cleric for the other side, without the asmodeus focus, cleric makes less sense.

Are we using background skills?

Here's a sheet for Zai, my ninja // oracle. I think most of the mechanical decisions are done, I just need to write up background. I picked the seeker archtype for oracle to get back trapfinding that ninja trades away. I picked cure over inflict since we'll mostly start as living, though it would be nice to be able to change it if everyone turns undead.
    Last edited by oyzar; 2020-03-19 at 01:20 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

Posting interest. I'm going to be applying as a Harbinger (Ravenlord)/Fighter (Coiled Blade/Impossible Warrior). Absolutely going to go for the Heresy trait, I'm thinking they're someone who served the Mitran Church, perhaps an aspiring Kngiht of Alerion, and was specifically trained to combat the much-loathed withcraft. But they were the rank and file, the people who don't have stories told about them, and she saw her friends suffer horrible fates at the hands of dark magic and under orders of the noble, virtuous Talingarde rulers (We all know the Broken Man speech, right?). Their sorrow manifested in the raven, (perhaps their encounters with dark magic made it so that could happen), and their heresy was in the form of trying to convince their fellow soldiers to put their faith in themselves and their comrades rather than Mitra and the icons of Talingarde - lest they suffer the same breaking of faith that they did. Then, well, execution and in comes the righteous (wicked) urge for vengeance against the commonfolk that reported their "heresy" and the superiors who wouldn't hear them.
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2020-03-19 at 12:56 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25

Thinking an Alchemist//Something else.

Edit: Or maybe not. I dunno!

Edit II: I like the look of White-Haired Witch. But what to pair it with...
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2020-03-19 at 01:23 PM.

Show
    Show

Show

26. - Top - End - #26

Do we have to use Mythweavers for sheets? Because if so, I'm out. Their sheet sucks for normal characters, it's absolutely horrendous for Gestalt.

27. - Top - End - #27

Melissa LeFleur is made!

Show
    Show

Show

28. - Top - End - #28

This sounds amazing, I've wanted to play Way of the Wicked for ages and Gestalt Spheres is the icing on the cake. I'm thinking of playing a mind focused caster who is in prison for using their enchantments to commit fraud. I'm somewhat interested in exploring some of the darker drawbacks, how do you feel about a character using addictive casting drawback, possibly combined with draining or painful casting.

29. - Top - End - #29

Here's a link to Morgan Cairnpike, Human Harbinger (Ravenlord)/Fighter (Coiled Blade/Impossible Warrior). She's effectively a tank, using a combination of abilities to draw enemies to her and delay damage/make their attacks miss, as well as negating spells wherever possible. She should be complete, but please let me know if anything needs fixing.

Background is in Other Notes, but I'll put it here for ease of reading.

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    Morgan grew up in the village of Silvershire, a small collection of buildings surrounded by farmland. She was a farmer's daughter, one of a half-dozen, and put to practical work. She ha a knack for fixing tools, a strong work ethic, and the kind of smarts that don't happen often - so noteworthy, in fact, she was recruited to the town militia - then the proudest day of her life. Until there came a recruitment drive for soldiers of the Miltran Church, potentially Knights of Alerion, if they served valiantly, and she was recruited alongside her two older brothers.That would have been her proudest, were it not for what followed.

Morgan was a good soldier. She trained hard as she could, studied whenever she could (But she was a peasant soldier, meant to fight evil, not study), and spent time with her fellow recruits (Though she wasn't as good with her words as she thought, often ended up putting her foot in her mouth or rambling about a topic irrelevant to the conversation). When they first set out to cleanse a witch's coven along the Southern border, her heart was filled with hope and bravery. Both her brothers died in that battle, everyone did, everyone but her and Sir Balin of Karfeld, but that knight in shining armor didn't come back with a curse, like she did. Nor did he seem as shaken by the horrific things that happened to her comrades.

Expeditions came and went. Her friends died, her lovers died, she got cursed more times than she could count and was told she was a special one for having lived so often. A Knight, one day, they'd told her, but that idea held no appeal. Mitra didn't stop the nightmares that haunted every moment of rest, didn't fix her scars, and sure as anything didn't bring back her loved ones, and the Knights didn't seem to give a damn about any of that. It was unfortunate, it was a tragic loss, but as long as it was in the name of good, it was all worth it.

Morgan didn't seek heresy, breaking the law. She wanted to figure out how to cope with the horror, how to help others survive, like how she used to help the farm and fix the tools back home. She wanted to teach them how to put their trust in their arms, their comrades, practical things over misplaced faith in Mitra and that the Knights would keep them safe. One night, as she mused in a pit of her own sorrow, she found a raven sitting on her window. It was a thing of witchcraft, she knew that much, but it spoke of her own memories, her own sorrow, and how she might be able to achieve her goal...and she was willing to do anything for someone to share that burden. She named her raven Samara and set to work.

Eventually, she was happy with what she's come up with: A small book about her experiences, about how to cope, and all she needed was a way to distribute it. She sought that, as well as telling those few recruits she trusted about its contents, how they could survive. One, just one, Alistair Lope, told her that the others had betrayed her trust, that inquisitors were on their way. She fled into the night with Samara, but even that was not enough - she was captured by Sir Balin of Karfeld, to be put to death by burning for the crime of heresy.

She has been stewing in Branderscar ever since, seething at the betrayal, after all she'd done for Talingarde, they had branded her and sentenced her to the kind of death she'd already seen so many friends suffer at the hands of witches. She hates them, the Knights who took her form her family with the promise of glory and took her brothers' sacrifice as a matter of course. She hates the recruits, who valued their faith over her advice. She hates the common folk who empower the church with their worship, with their obedience. She cannot escape her fate, she knows, but if she had the chance... Well, until then, she can just watch Samara through the bars. She may be imprisoned, but her raven is not, and that bird can fulfill her vengeance for her as she waits for death.

I know the Player's Guide says that animal companions are killed off, but Ravenlord's respawns every day so I figure it did that at some point and flew out.
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2020-03-19 at 04:40 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    Here's a link to Morgan Cairnpike, Human Harbinger (Ravenlord)/Fighter (Coiled Blade/Impossible Warrior). She's effectively a tank, using a combination of abilities to draw enemies to her and delay damage/make their attacks miss, as well as negating spells wherever possible. She should be complete, but please let me know if anything needs fixing.

Background is in Other Notes, but I'll put it here for ease of reading.

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    Morgan grew up in the village of Silvershire, a small collection of buildings surrounded by farmland. She was a farmer's daughter, one of a half-dozen, and put to practical work. She ha a knack for fixing tools, a strong work ethic, and the kind of smarts that don't happen often - so noteworthy, in fact, she was recruited to the town militia - then the proudest day of her life. Until there came a recruitment drive for soldiers of the Miltran Church, potentially Knights of Alerion, if they served valiantly, and she was recruited alongside her two older brothers.That would have been her proudest, were it not for what followed.

Morgan was a good soldier. She trained hard as she could, studied whenever she could (But she was a peasant soldier, meant to fight evil, not study), and spent time with her fellow recruits (Though she wasn't as good with her words as she thought, often ended up putting her foot in her mouth or rambling about a topic irrelevant to the conversation). When they first set out to cleanse a witch's coven along the Southern border, her heart was filled with hope and bravery. Both her brothers died in that battle, everyone did, everyone but her and Sir Balin of Karfeld, but that knight in shining armor didn't come back with a curse, like she did. Nor did he seem as shaken by the horrific things that happened to her comrades.

Expeditions came and went. Her friends died, her lovers died, she got cursed more times than she could count and was told she was a special one for having lived so often. A Knight, one day, they'd told her, but that idea held no appeal. Mitra didn't stop the nightmares that haunted every moment of rest, didn't fix her scars, and sure as anything didn't bring back her loved ones, and the Knights didn't seem to give a damn about any of that. It was unfortunate, it was a tragic loss, but as long as it was in the name of good, it was all worth it.

Morgan didn't seek heresy, breaking the law. She wanted to figure out how to cope with the horror, how to help others survive, like how she used to help the farm and fix the tools back home. She wanted to teach them how to put their trust in their arms, their comrades, practical things over misplaced faith in Mitra and that the Knights would keep them safe. One night, as she mused in a pit of her own sorrow, she found a raven sitting on her window. It was a thing of witchcraft, she knew that much, but it spoke of her own memories, her own sorrow, and how she might be able to achieve her goal...and she was willing to do anything for someone to share that burden. She named her raven Samara and set to work.

Eventually, she was happy with what she's come up with: A small book about her experiences, about how to cope, and all she needed was a way to distribute it. She sought that, as well as telling those few recruits she trusted about its contents, how they could survive. One, just one, Alistair Lope, told her that the others had betrayed her trust, that inquisitors were on their way. She fled into the night with Samara, but even that was not enough - she was captured by Sir Balin of Karfeld, to be put to death by burning for the crime of heresy.

She has been stewing in Branderscar ever since, seething at the betrayal, after all she'd done for Talingarde, they had branded her and sentenced her to the kind of death she'd already seen so many friends suffer at the hands of witches. She hates them, the Knights who took her form her family with the promise of glory and took her brothers' sacrifice as a matter of course. She hates the recruits, who valued their faith over her advice. She hates the common folk who empower the church with their worship, with their obedience. She cannot escape her fate, she knows, but if she had the chance... Well, until then, she can just watch Samara through the bars. She may be imprisoned, but her raven is not, and that bird can fulfill her vengeance for her as she waits for death.

I know the Player's Guide says that animal companions are killed off, but Ravenlord's respawns every day so I figure it did that at some point and flew out.
    Wouldn't Dark Allure go better with a tanking build in the long run, rather than Dark Authority?