Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [PF1e] Gestalt AP

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisAsmadi View Post
    Wouldn't Dark Allure go better with a tanking build in the long run, rather than Dark Authority?
    Challenge already gives a penalty to attacking others and I do need to be able to survive attacks. A dead tank isn't much of a tank, y'know?

Edit: Actually, changed my mind. Giving a -3 to attacking everyone else is much better than a -3 to attacking me. Changed to Dark Allure.
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2020-03-19 at 06:46 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

So.. like don't make anything that is reliant on CON because we're going to lose that stat?
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Interested. Thinking an archery-focused Soulknife//Vitalist.
    In the interest of not getting blindsided by a 'no' if I ask later: can we advance multiple PRCs at the same time, or just 1 PRC/lvl? Looking at Strategos and Primarch (DSP Psionics Compilation 2)(Mainly Strategos), if the game lasts long enough.

Here's hoping the game doesn't stall and die after the jailbreak. Again.

Celes Steele is here, awaiting her final judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post
    So.. like don't make anything that is reliant on CON because we're going to lose that stat?
    IIRC if CON becomes '-', then abilities based on it become based on CHA instead. Don't quote me on that though, can't recall where I heard that. Might have been a houserule.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire014 View Post
    IIRC if CON becomes '-', then abilities based on it become based on CHA instead. Don't quote me on that though, can't recall where I heard that. Might have been a houserule.
    It's part of the Undead type:

Spoiler
    Show
    No Constitution score. Undead use their Charisma score in place of their Constitution score when calculating hit points, Fortitude saves, and any special ability that relies on Constitution (such as when calculating a breath weapon’s DC).

5. - Top - End - #35

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Athaleon View Post
    It's part of the Undead type:

Spoiler
    Show
    No Constitution score. Undead use their Charisma score in place of their Constitution score when calculating hit points, Fortitude saves, and any special ability that relies on Constitution (such as when calculating a breath weapon’s DC).
    Ok, good, I'm not crazy.

Forgot to check: would this count as high power/psionics for the purpose of Soulknife?

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Mostly finished up my character. I ended up going Vitalist // Cleric. Just writing up the background now.

Grael Malzaric

He'll mostly be focusing on casting Collapse/Command and buff/heal the tank as needed.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [PF1e] Gestalt Way of the Wicked

If I take the Raging Surge variant of the Wilder, would he be affected by Rage as per the Vampire Savage? It would otherwise not affect an Undead, being a Morale effect.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I've wanted to get into a Way of the Wicked game for ages, and gestalt makes it even better. I'll try to have a character up on Mythweavers by tomorrow evening. Listed in order of my preference (but I'm willing to play any of them depending on party needs) are my two ideas at the moment...

• Asmodean Advocate Cleric // Zen Archer Monk: A full backstory will depend on any deity guidelines for an all-vamp party, but I'm defaulting to Asmodeus for now because lawful evil is required for the monk half. I envision him as pragmatically evil but a stern yet quiet voice of reason, who was arrested for witchcraft after being caught making a deal with a devil.
    • Elf Spellbinder Wizard // Kensai Bladebound Magus: This agile elf mage wields a whip from his slave-trading days but favors his spells because they signal his unique stature and power. I envision Caladrel's bladebound weapon flavor-wise being a distant ancestor of his whom he bound to his whip via a ritual, but the ancestor is actually a fiend, for Caladrel has some daemonic blood in him. The bladebound whip's personality would be that of a disappointed grandmother who agrees with his power-hungry goals but chides him for not achieving more in his 100+ years of life so far, which only serves to reinforce his lust for status and power. As for his own personality, Caladrel is an elf yearning to prove not only that he's worthy of respect but rather outright better than all of Talingarde's human population, and he has little qualms about doing whatever it takes to achieve his ambitions of wealth, status, and respect.
    • Diva Bard // LE Antipaladin: This prideful artist was imprisoned at Branderscar after desecrating a Mitran church in an act that was part performance piece and part revenge against the priest over a perceived insult. She is vain, flippant, and loves toying her perceived lessers. Mechanically, given undead mind-affecting immunity, I would only run this character if the DM allows 3.5's Requirem feat that lets bard songs affect undead (or houserule something like it), as otherwise a non-dirge bard would be useless here (and I don't want to play a dirge bard). In-combat, she would be a support character who grows into a frontline melee role, using the AP's antipaladin variant.

I do have one general question, however. I'm familiar with the default infernal premise of this AP. In the vampire-based alternative, are there any guidelines or requirements in terms of deities, player races, etc?

EDIT: sheets are now finished and linked, added a third because I had free time during quarantine
    Last edited by Ason; 2020-03-29 at 07:48 PM. Reason: grammar, linking to char sheets

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

This looks fun, and it could be a chance to get my mitts on some Akashic Mysteries stuff and try it out. Maybe a Vizier gestalted with a Conscript.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

WiP sheet

I am picturing kind of a naturalist hunter that stalks and kills people. Currently planing on nocturnal predator shifter // conscript.

Spoiler: background and picture
    Show

Spoiler: picture
    Show

Heather was bullied as a child, until she discovered the trick to fighting is being the one who gets back up at the end. In her mid 30s she discovered her families ancestral ability to shape shift, from that point on she decided to take vengeance on those in power that left her defenseless as a child.

It was going on well until her third victim (a town guard that insulted her looks), which was smart enough to bring back up.
    Last edited by redfeline; 2020-03-21 at 10:34 PM.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

11. - Top - End - #41
    Halfling in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Can I use the Tiefling Paladin favored class bonus (+1 to Lay on Hands healing, only when targeting one's self) for an Insinuator Antipaladin, who replaces Touch of Corruption with self-only LoH?

Thinking of an Alucard-esque regenerator.

EDIT: Tell me if this concept could work for this campaign, given sufficient ruthless fanatacism:

"Call him the Shining Lord, call him the Benificent Sun, call him the Fire Undying- I have no quarrel with Mitra. Nothing personal. They just happen to made themselves the only game in town- Talingarde's representative of the grand cosmic farce, the empty game of cops and robbers that is the religious face of Golarion.

Each god draws their line in the sand, each names the principles they lay claim to, each gathers followers and servants and territories and alliances. They scramble for our faith and our souls and our belief. And then they use us to contend against each other in their Great Game, a conflict eternal and unending and utterly ruinous. How many of we ants have been crushed underfoot, as this mad mob of elephants plays out their struggle?

I could look for some God of Peace and Protection and Respite. If I were inclined to be used as a playing piece, to be assigned to struggle against the God of War and Destruction and Carnage all my life. If I were a battered wife trying to calm the brutality of a violent husband by loving him twice as hard, the kind of blind fool inclined to take the rules of a rigged game at face value. This is a made thing, a system- and it isn't for us. It's for them- the voices Above and Below who toy with the fate of men and nations.

I do not stand against Mitra- I stand against what he represents. The rules of a rigged game. The rules of the game I would break, now and for all time...if I can only find a way."

Edit 2: Further mechanical requests:

Insinuator alters spells and is RAW incompatible with Warrior of Blind Faith, and alters Smite Good, Aura of Vengeance and Unholy Champion, and is so incompatible with Blood-Soaked Demon . Could I trade Insinuator's Bonus Feats, which it gets from trading in spells, for the Warrior of Blind Faith's combat talent progression, and/or replace Insinuator's Smite Evil analogue for Blood-Soaked Demon's talent progression and do whatever with AoV and Unholy Champion? Alternatively, could I just use a feat or a trait or something to swap out vanilla Antipaladin's Touch of Corruption with Lay on Hands, or just play what's mechanically a standard Warrior of Blind Faith/Dirt-Spattered Angel Paladin with the alignment descriptors reversed? I'm not married to Insinuator's 'sell your soul to someone new every day' flavor- though I could absolutely run with it- just getting *some* way to Lay on Hands, and the Berserker and Guardian spheres would do a lot to add to this character's schtick.

Some do book-standard Variant Tiefling Abilities, some just permit them to be freely selected out of a dislike for non-deterministic character creation mechanics, some forbid them outright as janky. Which are you, RoTWS?
    Last edited by ooogooman; 2020-03-23 at 12:25 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Firbolg in the Playground

It is said that all knowledge lost in fire is handed over to Mephistopheles, Keeper of Hell's Secrets. Kethra, daughter of an influential merchant, did just this to please her master and attain newly found powers. Instead, during the ritualistic burning of the royal archives, she was found out. The fires were extinguished only taking half of the books with them, and Kethra was left hideously deformed, reeling from her trance within the flames.

The righteous bastards of Talingarde sentenced her to an agonizing death by fire, to push their wishes for revenge and their poetic sense of irony. They were no better than the witches, murderers and cultists they killed. Sadists to the core, fighting for knowledge, supremacy and personal wealth.

Do I assume my spellbook was destroyed? Alas, I am looking for a female scarred by flames that is kinda PG 13.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Oh fun
    I could go with either Nagaji poison master Drack Vakarin (venom blade fighter/vivisectionist alchemist focusing on poisons and just absolute dickery in melee) or an Aasimar master of the undead Alek Willhelm (tyrant Anti-paladin/oracle of bones, focusing on doing negative energy damage in melee and commanding undead)
    Or I could go with the DSP character sorcerer/zealot, but that combo is crazy quadratic and thus the weakest of the list at low levels

Here's hoping the game doesn't stall and die after the jailbreak. Again..
    Two of my submissions are recycled from previous games
    The longest lasting one managed to get onto the boat
    Last edited by Lord Foul; 2020-03-22 at 06:15 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Foul View Post
    I could go with either Nagaji poison master Drack Vakarin (venom blade fighter/vivisectionist alchemist focusing on poisons...
    Neither Toxicant nor Eldritch Poisoner? Toxicant's even compatible with Vivisectionist.
    Last edited by ooogooman; 2020-03-22 at 10:48 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

I haven't posted in a while, but just be aware that I am making a kindly, grandmotherly necromancer who is creepily into their undead "Children."

Most likely will end up a Commander (Dread) // Incanter, largely functioning as a party-support character and minionmancer.

GNU Terry Pratchett

16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

If it's not too late to throw my hat into the ring...

I'll need to work out the specifics but I'm feeling Fighter (Armiger) / Soulknife (Psychic Armoury/War Soul), intending to progress towards Hellknight (Probably Order of the Gate.)
    Last edited by Kharnagar; 2020-03-23 at 12:37 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ooogooman View Post
    Neither Toxicant nor Eldritch Poisoner? Toxicant's even compatible with Vivisectionist.
    Oh toxicant is nice, and I could take the mutagen back with a discovery so that's quite worth. Thanks for pointing that one out.
    I was mostly into alchemist for its FCB for Nagaji (which I will be using as soon as I'm using cha for health and don't have to put my FCB into HP) and what it could add to a melee platform with mutagen, sneak attack, buffs and heals
    Plus it's possible to get a reduced quantity of bombs back with the bleeding attack rogue talent discovery and then the extra rogue talent feat to get the bombs rogue talent.
    But that'll come online at about level 4&5 respectively
    Last edited by Lord Foul; 2020-03-23 at 01:57 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Is this game still happening? Been a while since we heard from the GM. If it is, when is the deadline? I would love to play in this, but I'm a bit hesitant to work on my character if the GM isn't here.

19. - Top - End - #49

WolfInSheepsClothing

Last activity on their account was yesterday. PM them if you're concerned about them having lost the thread.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Bugbear in the Playground

I have finished my sheet for Malcolm "Preacher" Brook a Fright Wright Eliciter // Champion Mesmerist.

Malcolm "Preacher" Brook is a thief and a fraudster. He trained in the church of Mitra as a young child but he never ended up joining the priesthood as he didn't like the rigidity of the rules and restrictions that involved. He instead took up a life of crime, at first involved in robbery and fencing stolen goods. After a few years of this he decided it was too risky and moved into fraud. His natural talent for lying and developing magical abilities around enchantments and illusion made him an excellent confidence trickster.

He developed a successful con job which involved him posing as a priest of Mitra to steel church tithes which allowed him to make a small fortune. As he worked the job he relied on his magic more and more and developed a dependence on using it. He got carried away, running more and more audacious scams and falling in deeper and deeper into using his magic to manipulate people. Eventually the church cracked on to what he had been doing and he was arrested for Blasphemy for impersonating a priest and sent to the Branderscar Prison to be burnt.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by oyzar View Post
    Bleh, I would had a character ready by now if we were following the regular path (even though myth-weavers is down).

What does "turning everyone into vampries" mean/change for the adventure? Since it's not mentioned in the player's guide it would be nice with some explanation.
    Thorn's ambitions are to shroud Talingarde in darkness so vampires can thrive once more, not to restore the supremacy of the faith of Asmodeus. Late in the campaign, the players will have to perform additional tasks to gather the ingredients to perform the ritual that will do this. All of the characters will gain the vampire template once they have joined Thorn's service (this will replace a test sequence in the original adventure).

There doesn't seem to be a martial tradition (from spheres) for ninjas. Can I make my own? I think the following: Bushido Training, Spear Dancer (from equipment) and scout sphere + a scout sphere talent (I want to take lurker). Will that be ok? Dancing around with a naginata or nodachi would be pretty cool.

I'm still undecided on whether I should go for oracle or cleric for the other side, without the asmodeus focus, cleric makes less sense.

Are we using background skills?

Here's a sheet for Zai, my ninja // oracle. I think most of the mechanical decisions are done, I just need to write up background. I picked the seeker archtype for oracle to get back trapfinding that ninja trades away. I picked cure over inflict since we'll mostly start as living, though it would be nice to be able to change it if everyone turns undead.
    The custom tradition is approved. No background skills at present. Sheet looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisAsmadi View Post
    Do we have to use Mythweavers for sheets? Because if so, I'm out. Their sheet sucks for normal characters, it's absolutely horrendous for Gestalt.
    Sorry to see you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dread_Head View Post
    This sounds amazing, I've wanted to play Way of the Wicked for ages and Gestalt Spheres is the icing on the cake. I'm thinking of playing a mind focused caster who is in prison for using their enchantments to commit fraud. I'm somewhat interested in exploring some of the darker drawbacks, how do you feel about a character using addictive casting drawback, possibly combined with draining or painful casting.
    Addictive casting is OK, though once you switch to undead, you'll be making Will saves instead of Fortitude saves, and undeath offers you no protection against the addiction or its consequences.

Ok, good, I'm not crazy.

Forgot to check: would this count as high power/psionics for the purpose of Soulknife?
    High psionics are OK, but the jank you pulled with them isn't. (See below.)

Quote Originally Posted by ooogooman View Post
    Can I use the Tiefling Paladin favored class bonus (+1 to Lay on Hands healing, only when targeting one's self) for an Insinuator Antipaladin, who replaces Touch of Corruption with self-only LoH?

Thinking of an Alucard-esque regenerator.

EDIT: Tell me if this concept could work for this campaign, given sufficient ruthless fanatacism:

"Call him the Shining Lord, call him the Benificent Sun, call him the Fire Undying- I have no quarrel with Mitra. Nothing personal. They just happen to made themselves the only game in town- Talingarde's representative of the grand cosmic farce, the empty game of cops and robbers that is the religious face of Golarion.

Each god draws their line in the sand, each names the principles they lay claim to, each gathers followers and servants and territories and alliances. They scramble for our faith and our souls and our belief. And then they use us to contend against each other in their Great Game, a conflict eternal and unending and utterly ruinous. How many of we ants have been crushed underfoot, as this mad mob of elephants plays out their struggle?

I could look for some God of Peace and Protection and Respite. If I were inclined to be used as a playing piece, to be assigned to struggle against the God of War and Destruction and Carnage all my life. If I were a battered wife trying to calm the brutality of a violent husband by loving him twice as hard, the kind of blind fool inclined to take the rules of a rigged game at face value. This is a made thing, a system- and it isn't for us. It's for them- the voices Above and Below who toy with the fate of men and nations.

I do not stand against Mitra- I stand against what he represents. The rules of a rigged game. The rules of the game I would break, now and for all time...if I can only find a way."

Edit 2: Further mechanical requests:

Insinuator alters spells and is RAW incompatible with Warrior of Blind Faith, and alters Smite Good, Aura of Vengeance and Unholy Champion, and is so incompatible with Blood-Soaked Demon . Could I trade Insinuator's Bonus Feats, which it gets from trading in spells, for the Warrior of Blind Faith's combat talent progression, and/or replace Insinuator's Smite Evil analogue for Blood-Soaked Demon's talent progression and do whatever with AoV and Unholy Champion? Alternatively, could I just use a feat or a trait or something to swap out vanilla Antipaladin's Touch of Corruption with Lay on Hands, or just play what's mechanically a standard Warrior of Blind Faith/Dirt-Spattered Angel Paladin with the alignment descriptors reversed? I'm not married to Insinuator's 'sell your soul to someone new every day' flavor- though I could absolutely run with it- just getting *some* way to Lay on Hands, and the Berserker and Guardian spheres would do a lot to add to this character's schtick.

Some do book-standard Variant Tiefling Abilities, some just permit them to be freely selected out of a dislike for non-deterministic character creation mechanics, some forbid them outright as janky. Which are you, RoTWS?
    Once you become undead, Touch of Corruption will heal you and Lay on Hands will harm you, so trying to finagle a way to get Lay on Hands as an antipaladin would be a waste of time unless you choose the tiefling ability where both positive and negative energy heal you, and even then, it seems pretty janky unless there's some specific interaction with Lay on Hands you're looking for that you can't get with Touch of Corruption. An undead antipaladin will be able to swift-action heal themselves. As for the tiefling abilities, you can choose but I can veto; the extra ability score increases are forbidden, as is choosing how alignment detection resolves against you and staying conscious until -5 HP, but the rest should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    It is said that all knowledge lost in fire is handed over to Mephistopheles, Keeper of Hell's Secrets. Kethra, daughter of an influential merchant, did just this to please her master and attain newly found powers. Instead, during the ritualistic burning of the royal archives, she was found out. The fires were extinguished only taking half of the books with them, and Kethra was left hideously deformed, reeling from her trance within the flames.

The righteous bastards of Talingarde sentenced her to an agonizing death by fire, to push their wishes for revenge and their poetic sense of irony. They were no better than the witches, murderers and cultists they killed. Sadists to the core, fighting for knowledge, supremacy and personal wealth.

Do I assume my spellbook was destroyed? Alas, I am looking for a female scarred by flames that is kinda PG 13.
    Your spellbook was destroyed, but there will be an opportunity to get a new one during the game. As for your character sheet, it looks fine to me, though it would be worth explicitly stating that wizard spells are on the left and oracle spells are on the right.

Is this game still happening? Been a while since we heard from the GM. If it is, when is the deadline? I would love to play in this, but I'm a bit hesitant to work on my character if the GM isn't here.
    Still going on. I'm setting the deadline for the 29th.

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    Here's a link to Morgan Cairnpike, Human Harbinger (Ravenlord)/Fighter (Coiled Blade/Impossible Warrior). She's effectively a tank, using a combination of abilities to draw enemies to her and delay damage/make their attacks miss, as well as negating spells wherever possible. She should be complete, but please let me know if anything needs fixing.

Background is in Other Notes, but I'll put it here for ease of reading.

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    Morgan grew up in the village of Silvershire, a small collection of buildings surrounded by farmland. She was a farmer's daughter, one of a half-dozen, and put to practical work. She ha a knack for fixing tools, a strong work ethic, and the kind of smarts that don't happen often - so noteworthy, in fact, she was recruited to the town militia - then the proudest day of her life. Until there came a recruitment drive for soldiers of the Miltran Church, potentially Knights of Alerion, if they served valiantly, and she was recruited alongside her two older brothers.That would have been her proudest, were it not for what followed.

Morgan was a good soldier. She trained hard as she could, studied whenever she could (But she was a peasant soldier, meant to fight evil, not study), and spent time with her fellow recruits (Though she wasn't as good with her words as she thought, often ended up putting her foot in her mouth or rambling about a topic irrelevant to the conversation). When they first set out to cleanse a witch's coven along the Southern border, her heart was filled with hope and bravery. Both her brothers died in that battle, everyone did, everyone but her and Sir Balin of Karfeld, but that knight in shining armor didn't come back with a curse, like she did. Nor did he seem as shaken by the horrific things that happened to her comrades.

Expeditions came and went. Her friends died, her lovers died, she got cursed more times than she could count and was told she was a special one for having lived so often. A Knight, one day, they'd told her, but that idea held no appeal. Mitra didn't stop the nightmares that haunted every moment of rest, didn't fix her scars, and sure as anything didn't bring back her loved ones, and the Knights didn't seem to give a damn about any of that. It was unfortunate, it was a tragic loss, but as long as it was in the name of good, it was all worth it.

Morgan didn't seek heresy, breaking the law. She wanted to figure out how to cope with the horror, how to help others survive, like how she used to help the farm and fix the tools back home. She wanted to teach them how to put their trust in their arms, their comrades, practical things over misplaced faith in Mitra and that the Knights would keep them safe. One night, as she mused in a pit of her own sorrow, she found a raven sitting on her window. It was a thing of witchcraft, she knew that much, but it spoke of her own memories, her own sorrow, and how she might be able to achieve her goal...and she was willing to do anything for someone to share that burden. She named her raven Samara and set to work.

Eventually, she was happy with what she's come up with: A small book about her experiences, about how to cope, and all she needed was a way to distribute it. She sought that, as well as telling those few recruits she trusted about its contents, how they could survive. One, just one, Alistair Lope, told her that the others had betrayed her trust, that inquisitors were on their way. She fled into the night with Samara, but even that was not enough - she was captured by Sir Balin of Karfeld, to be put to death by burning for the crime of heresy.

She has been stewing in Branderscar ever since, seething at the betrayal, after all she'd done for Talingarde, they had branded her and sentenced her to the kind of death she'd already seen so many friends suffer at the hands of witches. She hates them, the Knights who took her form her family with the promise of glory and took her brothers' sacrifice as a matter of course. She hates the recruits, who valued their faith over her advice. She hates the common folk who empower the church with their worship, with their obedience. She cannot escape her fate, she knows, but if she had the chance... Well, until then, she can just watch Samara through the bars. She may be imprisoned, but her raven is not, and that bird can fulfill her vengeance for her as she waits for death.

I know the Player's Guide says that animal companions are killed off, but Ravenlord's respawns every day so I figure it did that at some point and flew out.
    Looks good to me.

Interested. Thinking an archery-focused Soulknife//Vitalist.
    In the interest of not getting blindsided by a 'no' if I ask later: can we advance multiple PRCs at the same time, or just 1 PRC/lvl? Looking at Strategos and Primarch (DSP Psionics Compilation 2)(Mainly Strategos), if the game lasts long enough.

Here's hoping the game doesn't stall and die after the jailbreak. Again.

Celes Steele is here, awaiting her final judgement.

I'll have to give you a no on advancing multiple PRCs, as per Spheres gestalt rules, as well as a no on getting Gifted Blade manifesting back through giving up Psychic Strike after you already gave up Gifted Blade manifesting to get a Spheres of Might progression. Instead, I'll allow you to take Epoch Walker and have it replace the bonus feat and proficiencies from Augmented Blade where the two archetypes conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok'n'Roll View Post
    Mostly finished up my character. I ended up going Vitalist // Cleric. Just writing up the background now.

Grael Malzaric

He'll mostly be focusing on casting Collapse/Command and buff/heal the tank as needed.
    While putting the spell links in might work for you, I cannot click on them or easily view the full text of the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Athaleon View Post
    If I take the Raging Surge variant of the Wilder, would he be affected by Rage as per the Vampire Savage? It would otherwise not affect an Undead, being a Morale effect.
    That works.

Quote Originally Posted by Ason View Post
    I've wanted to get into a Way of the Wicked game for ages, and gestalt makes it even better. I'll try to have a character up on Mythweavers by tomorrow evening. Listed in order of my preference (but I'm willing to play any of them depending on party needs) are my two ideas at the moment...

• Asmodean Advocate Cleric // Zen Archer Monk: A full backstory will depend on any deity guidelines for an all-vamp party, but I'm defaulting to Asmodeus for now because lawful evil is required for the monk half. I envision him as pragmatically evil but a stern yet quiet voice of reason, who was arrested for witchcraft after being caught making a deal with a devil.
    • Diva Bard // LE Antipaladin: This vain artist was imprisoned at Branderscar after desecrating a Mitran church in an act that was part performance piece and part revenge against the priest over a perceived insult. She is vain, flippant, and loves toying her perceived lessers. Mechanically, given undead mind-affecting immunity, I would only run this character if the DM allows 3.5's Requirem feat that lets bard songs affect undead (or houserule something like it), as otherwise a non-dirge bard would be useless here (and I don't want to play a dirge bard). In-combat, she would be a support character who grows into a frontline melee role, using the AP's antipaladin variant.

I do have one general question, however. I'm familiar with the default infernal premise of this AP. In the vampire-based alternative, are there any guidelines or requirements in terms of deities, player races, etc?

EDIT: sheets are now finished and linked
    No specific guidelines on deity, although I think Urgathoa, goddess of undeath, would be a thematically appropriate choice for a vampire campaign. The sheets look good, and I'm ruling that undead can benefit from positive morale effects.

Quote Originally Posted by redfeline View Post
    WiP sheet

I am picturing kind of a naturalist hunter that stalks and kills people. Currently planing on nocturnal predator shifter // conscript.

Spoiler: background and picture
    Show

Spoiler: picture
    Show

Heather was bullied as a child, until she discovered the trick to fighting is being the one who gets back up at the end. In her mid 30s she discovered her families ancestral ability to shape shift, from that point on she decided to take vengeance on those in power that left her defenseless as a child.

It was going on well until her third victim (a town guard that insulted her looks), which was smart enough to bring back up.
    Looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dread_Head View Post
    I have finished my sheet for Malcolm "Preacher" Brook a Fright Wright Eliciter // Champion Mesmerist.

Malcolm "Preacher" Brook is a thief and a fraudster. He trained in the church of Mitra as a young child but he never ended up joining the priesthood as he didn't like the rigidity of the rules and restrictions that involved. He instead took up a life of crime, at first involved in robbery and fencing stolen goods. After a few years of this he decided it was too risky and moved into fraud. His natural talent for lying and developing magical abilities around enchantments and illusion made him an excellent confidence trickster.

He developed a successful con job which involved him posing as a priest of Mitra to steel church tithes which allowed him to make a small fortune. As he worked the job he relied on his magic more and more and developed a dependence on using it. He got carried away, running more and more audacious scams and falling in deeper and deeper into using his magic to manipulate people. Eventually the church cracked on to what he had been doing and he was arrested for Blasphemy for impersonating a priest and sent to the Branderscar Prison to be burnt.
    Looks good.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Great to see you back and answering so many questions :o !

I don't suppose I can switch from cure to inflict once we do get undead? It would make things a lot easier to manage if I can heal both at the start and later into the campaign (perhaps retraining a class feature will be possible by learning from another master of undeath?)...

I was sadly planning on going with a PrC on each side, taking umbral blade on the initiator side from 8th level and onwards and veiled illusionist from 6th level and onwards on the oracle side. I guess I won't be able to focus on illusion spells like I had planned after all :(. None of the prestige classes are multi-classes (like say battle templar) and I'll only need stuff from one side of the gestalt to qualify for them. I always liked the rule that you had to qualify for a prestige class all on one side of the gestalt much better, but I guess having written rules makes things simpler for you.

I'll get to writing a background soon. I should be done well before the 29th.
    Last edited by oyzar; 2020-03-24 at 01:16 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53

BlackDragon

Hello all, expressing interest as Raemyn Rafferty, a dandy that also happens to be a magical pimp and slave trader.

24. - Top - End - #54

That description...worries me. Going by the Player's Guide, I was under the impression that rape wasn't going to be a part of the campaign (Mainly because it's not mentioned among the potential crimes, despite being an obvious choice).

@RoTWS: Is rape going to be a part of the campaign? I'm going to have to bow out if so.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Great to see you back and answering so many questions :o !

I don't suppose I can switch from cure to inflict once we do get undead? It would make things a lot easier to manage if I can heal both at the start and later into the campaign (perhaps retraining a class feature will be possible by learning from another master of undeath?)...

I was sadly planning on going with a PrC on each side, taking umbral blade on the initiator side from 8th level and onwards and veiled illusionist from 6th level and onwards on the oracle side. I guess I won't be able to focus on illusion spells like I had planned after all :(. None of the prestige classes are multi-classes (like say battle templar) and I'll only need stuff from one side of the gestalt to qualify for them. I always liked the rule that you had to qualify for a prestige class all on one side of the gestalt much better, but I guess having written rules makes things simpler for you.

I'll get to writing a background soon. I should be done well before the 29th.
    You will be able to retrain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    Hello all, expressing interest as Raemyn Rafferty, a dandy that also happens to be a magical pimp and slave trader.
    No mechanical problems with the sheet, but I'm going to have to ask you to back off on the pimp aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    That description...worries me. Going by the Player's Guide, I was under the impression that rape wasn't going to be a part of the campaign (Mainly because it's not mentioned among the potential crimes, despite being an obvious choice).

@RoTWS: Is rape going to be a part of the campaign? I'm going to have to bow out if so.
    While vampiric feeding can be metaphorically compared to rape, that's the closest I'm willing to let this campaign get to that topic.

26. - Top - End - #56

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by RoTWS View Post
    No mechanical problems with the sheet, but I'm going to have to ask you to back off on the pimp aspect.
    Not a problem, we are all here to have fun.

27. - Top - End - #57

While vampiric feeding can be metaphorically compared to rape, that's the closest I'm willing to let this campaign get to that topic.
    Feeding is fine by me. Thank you for the clarification!

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Oh cool, a gm XD
    Does the choose your varient ability thing apply to aasimars? If not, then I'm fine with the existing standard ones, but if so that sounds interesting
    I would pick either the 5 Fire resist or the swim speed
    Last edited by Lord Foul; 2020-03-24 at 01:14 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59

WolfInSheepsClothing

Once you become undead, Touch of Corruption will heal you and Lay on Hands will harm you, so trying to finagle a way to get Lay on Hands as an antipaladin would be a waste of time unless you choose the tiefling ability where both positive and negative energy heal you, and even then, it seems pretty janky unless there's some specific interaction with Lay on Hands you're looking for that you can't get with Touch of Corruption. An undead antipaladin will be able to swift-action heal themselves. As for the tiefling abilities, you can choose but I can veto; the extra ability score increases are forbidden, as is choosing how alignment detection resolves against you and staying conscious until -5 HP, but the rest should be fine.
    That neatly suggests a solution: just take the positive-and-negative-energy-healing racial trait and self-heal with that. Thanks for your flexibility.

Amadeus Grun- male LE tiefling (Pitborn) Antipaladin (Blood-Soaked Demon, Warrior of Blind Faith) 1 | Rajah (Batal) 1 (Variant multiclass: Cavalier, Order of the Star)

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Strength: 16 +3 (+2 racial)
    Dexterity: 13 +1
    Constitution: 12 +1
    Intelligence: 12 +1 (-2 racial)
    Wisdom: 10 +0
    Charisma: 18 +4 (+2 racial)

BAB: +1

CMB: +6 (+1 BAB, +3 Str, +1 Medals of War, +1 Caged Sun) (-2 to trip as a move action with Open Hand sphere's Sweep) (+1 competence for Sunder)
    CMD: 20 (10 +4 BAB +3 Str +1 Dex +1 Medals of War +1 Caged Sun) (+1 competence vs. sunder)

Fort: +4 (+2 base, +1 Con, +1 Caged Sun)
    Ref: +2 (+0 base, +1 Dex, +1 Caged Sun)
    Will: +3 (+2 base, +0 Wis, +1 Caged Sun)
    Notes: +1 vs. divine spells, +2 vs. death effects

AC: 12 (10 +1 Dex +1 Caged Sun)
    Flat-footed: 11
    Touch: 12

HP: 15 (Delayed damage pool: 3) (DR 4/- for one round w/Bolster counter) (Function as conscious and disabled up to -23 HP) (+1 damage from cold iron weapons)

Initiative: +1 (+1 Dex)

Attacks:
    Unarmed strike +4 melee, 1d4+3 bludgeoning
    Batal's Mandate +5 ranged touch, 1-3d6 untyped, 35' range (not range increment, range)

Skills:
    Perception 1 rank, +3 class, +0 Wis, +2 racial, +6 total
    Intimidate 1 rank, +3 class, +4 Cha, +8 total
    Knowledge (religion) 1 rank, +3 class, +1 Int, +5 total
    Diplomacy 1 rank, +3 class, +4 Cha, +8 total
    Bluff 1 rank, +3 class, +4 Cha, +8 total
    Sense Motive 1 rank, +3 class, +0 Wis, +4 total
    Ride 1 rank, +3 class, +1 Dex, +5 total
    Heal 1 rank, +3 class, +0 Wis, +4 total
    Disable Device 0 ranks, +1 Int, +2 racial, +3 total

Feats:
    Simple Weapon Proficiency (1st-level Blood-Soaked Demon Antipaladin bonus)
    Light Armor Proficiency (1st-level Blood-Soaked Demon Antipaladin bonus)
    Medium, Heavy Armor Proficiency (1st-level Batal Rajah bonus)
    Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Fauchard) (1st-level Batal Rajah bonus)
    Shield Proficiency (1st-level Batal Rajah bonus)
    Fey Foundling (1st-level)

Traits:
    Blessed Touch
    Heresy

Racial traits:
    Medium outsider (native) and humanoid (human), base speed 30'
    Speak Common, Infernal, Abyssal
    Pass for Human: No need for Disguise checks to appear human
    Fiendish Resistance: Cold, electricity, fire resistance 5
    Skilled
    Variant Tiefling Ability 49- healed by both positive and negative energy
    Darkvision 60'
    Fiendish Sorcery (Irrelevant)
    Favored class: As Tiefling Paladin (+1 HP healed per self-Touch of Corruption)

Class features:
    Faint aura of evil
    Detect Good: as the spell at will, or usable as a move action and granting information on a single individual as if having studied it for 3 rounds
    Combat Training/Delayed Combat Training: Gain combat talents according to the Expert progression, 1 per level

1st-level Rajah maneuvers (IL 1, save DC 14 + maneuver level (Cha-based): choose from Golden Lion, Radiant Dawn, Scarlet Throne, Solar Wind, Steel Serpent. Change readied maneuvers by meditating for ten minutes: recover all expended maneuvers by using Batal's Mandate class feature (recover all expended maneuvers), or recover one by taking a standard action to refocus.)

Maneuvers readied: 3 (typically Dizzying Venom Prana, Hunting Serpent Blow, Bolster)

Maneuvers known: 5
    1st: Decree of Mercy, Dismiss, Bolster, Hunting Serpent Blow, Dizzying Venom Prana

Stances known: 1
    1st: The Caged Sun

1st-level Batal Rajah veilweaving (1 veil/day, 0 binds/day, Essence 2, Essence capacity 1.)

Typically shaped:
    The Gravekeeper (1 Essence Invested. Gain a 'blood pool' with a maximum equal to my total hit points. When I roll initiative, it becomes 0. Whenever I deal damage, my blood pool goes up by half the damage I deal. (Area effects count only the most-damaged individual target.) As a standard action, remove any amount of points from the blood pool and heal myself for the same amount of damage + 1. Also +1d6+1 on the next attack made within a minute of healing in this way.)

1 Essence invested in The Caged Sun martial stance

Batal Crossroads (Sword of the Moon Queen): Armor does not impose movement speed penalties: +2 HP per character level, double that at 1st

Batal's Mandate (Create a flame of raw akasha that deals 1d6 damage per maneuver expended as a ranged touch attack, and may use Charisma rather than Dexterity to hit. This doesn't provoke AoOs and is not subject to DR, hardness, resistances, or immunities.

When damage is dealt with this attack, I can grant an ally within close range temp HP = damage dealt. They last for 1 minute or until used, and stack with other temp HP I grant. By default, it's a full-round action, but this decreases for every two maneuvers I've initiated since I rolled initiative in the current combat or last used this ability, whichever was more recent- so a standard action with two expended.)

Medals of War: +1 to attack and CMD

'Faith'/code for purposes of Cavalier edicts: Misotheism

Spheres stuff:

Martial Tradition: Iron Breaker (Open Hand sphere, Berserker sphere, Greater Sunder, Berserker talent of choice)

OPEN HAND

BERSERKER
    Greater Sunder
    Deathless

GUARDIAN (Challenge package)

Equipment:
    Prisoner's rags

Spoiler: Fluff
    Show
    Appearance: Amadeus is a pale-looking fellow with black hair, green eyes, and an angular face that was usually set in a grim expression even before being sent to Branderscar and left to rot. Prison starvation has given him hollow cheeks and stripped what little fat there was off his frame.

Background: Amadeus' story began as a nameless soldier in Talingarde's endless, smouldering border war with the goblinoid tribes to the southeast. At first, he was a teenaged peasant levy, conscripted to fill out the ranks in an offensive push against the Jagged Fang tribe. But Talingarde's military could not be everywhere at once, and concentrating strength on one front to make a decisive push pulled troops away from other border regions. When his term of service was done, he returned to find his family slaughtered and their fields torched, victim of a retaliatory raid.

It seemed that nothing was left to him but the path of the mercenary, and he proved a quick study to the art of war. At nineteen, he distinguished himself by taking command of a company of men after their commanding officer was killed in a night ambush, turning what could have been a bloody rout into a retreat in good order. This valorous deed earned him a place as a squire to an Alerion knight, one who appreciated the man's energy and talent...but did not appreciate Amadeus' rather heterodox religious ideas. The knight made gentle attempts to steer his wayward apprentice the right way- but Amadeus argued for misotheism with clarity and passion, eventually coming to shake the man's faith sufficiently seriously that he himself began to doubt the righteousness of the Mitran cause. Amadeus still wonders, now and then, if the man brought an ordained priest to dinner to steer him on what he still perceived to be the right path, to bolster his own flagging loyalty, or- as ended up happening- to witness the boy's heresy and condemn him to death. Whichever is the case, he will never forgive Fundin Ironhelm.

Personality: "Call him the Shining Lord, call him the Beneficent Sun, call him the Fire Undying- I have no quarrel with Mitra. Nothing personal. They just happen to made themselves the only game in town- Talingarde's representative of the grand cosmic farce, the empty game of cops and robbers that is the religious face of Golarion.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Glad to hear that. Thanks.