New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Brainstorming Help: New Fighting Style for Bloodhunter

Hello everyone!

I have a character who has just reached level 2 as a Bloodhunter, and you know what that means! Time to choose your Fighting Style. However, there is an issue. His goal is to become, and I quote "a walking armory". I honestly like the idea his is going for and the "right tool for the job" archetype. His current setups include greatsword, 2 scimitars, 2 daggers (for throwing), and a longsword and shield. If you hadn't noticed, he can use almost all of the bloodhunter's fighting styles, but I am trying to create one that would work with this theme he is going for.

I have be brainstorming ideas, but keep coming up short. I thought maybe a bonus while switching weapons, but as a bloodhunter that is really bad. I thought maybe some kind of stance idea, but how powerful do I make individual stances bs the already existing Fighting Styles.

Any ideas would be appreciated, and if I find a working version, I will post it.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Brainstorming Help: New Fighting Style for Bloodhunter

Maybe let him change on long rest...? But you'd probably have to offer your other martials the same.
    There's some good fighting styles that don't care what weapon you use; defense and mariner

If you want to create one, maybe like give a fighting style that applies only when right is active. Like can re roll 1's on dice if weapon is imbued

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Brainstorming Help: New Fighting Style for Bloodhunter

Quote Originally Posted by MagneticKitty View Post
    Maybe let him change on long rest...? But you'd probably have to offer your other martials the same.
    There's some good fighting styles that don't care what weapon you use; defense and mariner

If you want to create one, maybe like give a fighting style that applies only when right is active. Like can re roll 1's on dice if weapon is imbued
    I would chose Defense, but we are wanting to focus more on his weapons. I like that last bit you mention about rerolling 1s if the weapon is imbued. Certain weapons definitely benefit more, but it isn't too rough. The only issue I can see is if he wants to change weapons, his imbue wears off.