Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: 3.5 MoI & ToB game (now recruiting)

Much appreciated. I think Rom Thok is finished. Just need to sort out a little this and that with gear, but I struggle giving a mountain dwelling barbarian shaman nice things...
    Baamaa lyh ayd so telg.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Buufreak View Post
    Much appreciated. I think Rom Thok is finished. Just need to sort out a little this and that with gear, but I struggle giving a mountain dwelling barbarian shaman nice things...
    He has very pretty rocks that he carries around.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

I mean, I can give him a sack full of masterwork totems that help with a handful of knowledge skills, but even that isn't going to sink more than about 200gp.
    Baamaa lyh ayd so telg.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

I had to forgo the Handy Haversack I wanted, lol

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by LairdMaon View Post
    I had to forgo the Handy Haversack I wanted, lol
    Is he saving up for a handful of melange?

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Saintheart View Post
    Is he saving up for a handful of melange?
    It's less that and more this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Auranghzeb View Post
    6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
    Standard equipment for lvl 1 plus 4000gp of non-magical equipment. special materials, alchemy and others are ok.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Planetar

An ashworm is non-magical, lives in the Waste, can be used as a mount, and would be doubly hilarious for your character!

...I promise I will stop the Dune jokes sometime this week...

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

An ashworm is non-magical, lives in the Waste, can be used as a mount, and would be doubly hilarious for your character!

...I promise I will stop the Dune jokes sometime this week...
    Wha- why would you ever stop Dune jokes? I've very obviously made a strong reference, lol!

9. - Top - End - #69

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

well ife in quarantine is extremely confusing. I got loads of work, fortunately, but the days are all the same. Lets set this friday as deadline for character completion. shall we?

The idea of limiting the magic gear is that this is a low magic set and that with MoI and ToB available and encouraged, you'll have some nice options anyway. Pick up shape soulmeld or something. But we could limit the magic stuff to minor wondrous items of under 2000gp if that sounds better.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Your gift is the blessing of the giver.
    sanshaper's sand is also a great idea.

Just don't assume that the waste is your arabian nights desert. you are north on the continent, the waste is more like a vast tundra and the weather will be weird and extreme on both ends.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Planetar

well ife in quarantine is extremely confusing. I got loads of work, fortunately, but the days are all the same. Lets set this friday as deadline for character completion. shall we?

The idea of limiting the magic gear is that this is a low magic set and that with MoI and ToB available and encouraged, you'll have some nice options anyway. Pick up shape soulmeld or something. But we could limit the magic stuff to minor wondrous items of under 2000gp if that sounds better.
    Friday sounds okay to me!

As for me, it is self-interest, but I'd planned to not dabble in soulmelds as such. ToB is great for martials, but doesn't have much in the way of actual magic items as such. So I'd like to make a couple of proposals for gear that's outside the permitted books...

(1) Any chance the minor wondrous items < 2,000 gp could include select Weapon Crystals and Armor Crystals from the MIC, refluffed as operating off incarnum? For full disclosure - I'm looking at the Lesser Crystal of Adaptation (p. 24) for 500 gp. Obviously if that item messes with your fun in the weather challenge stakes I would understand as a fellow DM if that was ruled out That aside, I would really like the Least Crystal of Return (p. 65) if it's available, which is basically Quick Draw in a gem.

(2) How about, from p. 42 of Dragon #358, at a cost of flat +1,000 gp to a weapon, and nonmagical, the weapon quality Razor Sharp? Adds a +1 to weapon damage and that's it, likely stacks with any future enhancement bonuses?

sanshaper's sand is also a great idea.

Just don't assume that the waste is your arabian nights desert. you are north on the continent, the waste is more like a vast tundra and the weather will be weird and extreme on both ends.
    If so, then I guess I'm going back to look at the PHB Cold Weather outfit. Still, and as one more equipment request: how do you feel about Fur Clothing (Frostburn, p. 78): Basically, can be worn over the top of cold weather gear, adds a further +5 to Fort rolls to resist cold?

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Cool with everything except the dragon magazine enchantment and the crystal of adaptation, too cheap for a permanent endure weather, you can have it for 2000gp.

No need to re-fluff the wondrous items, they are magic. It's just that most magic users in the set are low level or adepts. If any of you wants to take the magic crafing feats, that's also cool with me.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Planetar

I can live with that. That makes stuff a fair bit simpler, thanks!

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

If there's time and/or room, I'll try to get a build in. I'm thinking of spitting, or maybe a HiPS Warlock? I dunno - so many cool and fun options!

If y'all don't need an extra, I totally understand. I'm at home with an online classroom to run and a 6 year old to home-school, so dipping back into the forums is a much-needed release. If I can't work this game, no worries - I'll find another.

Thanks! And cheers!

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Not a super fan of those optimizations (as a DM) that rely in a lot of rule interpretation and stacking to be honest. Though I don't mind the idea of a spitter if you could keep it sane.

I'm sorry for the delay, I have been too busy to be creative. But we can close this thread and pick characters on monday if everyone agrees and has time to finish and the ****ing bug and collapse of international economy and health sytems allow.

Over Here is a disaster, but the US is getting worse.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

We're headed your way, and fast. Faster than anyone else, honestly. CA is doing its level best, but no federal organization is a serious issue. I'm trying hard to find normalcy (we're starting week 3 of isolation); I even had a "regular school day" dream last night. I miss our lives.

I'm not looking to optimize like crazy, just have always thought spitting was fun (and gross, and silly). In no particular order, some options:
    • Goliath Dungeoncrasher Fighter (because pushing stuff around is fun!)
    • Orc Ranger/Barbarian or Swordsage/Barbarian (yay for charging!)
    • Whispergnome Warlock/Rogue (yay for hiding!)
    • Goliath Totemist (I know you have one, but trampling always looked so fun!)

Any that might be of interest I'd be happy to build - any excuse for something to keep a bit sane.

Cheers, y'all. Hope you're all safe.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: 3.5 MoI & ToB game (filled)

Can't speak for anyone else, but mine's good to go. Monday start's no problem here. Living in the most isolated city on the planet, so the storm hasn't hit us fully yet, thus, I'm good for now. Thinking of the rest of you.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

Any of those options of interest? I feel like I just want a little push in one direction or another to get me working on it.

Holler back. Good to shout into the void and hear a hello!

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Can't speak for anyone else, but mine's good to go. Monday start's no problem here. Living in the most isolated city on the planet, so the storm hasn't hit us fully yet, thus, I'm good for now. Thinking of the rest of you.
    ... Barrow Alaska?
    Baamaa lyh ayd so telg.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Buufreak View Post
    ... Barrow Alaska?
    Perth Western Australia :)

<--------- See?

:)

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Man, that stuff don't show up on mobile.
    Baamaa lyh ayd so telg.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    We're headed your way, and fast. Faster than anyone else, honestly. CA is doing its level best, but no federal organization is a serious issue. I'm trying hard to find normalcy (we're starting week 3 of isolation); I even had a "regular school day" dream last night. I miss our lives.

I'm not looking to optimize like crazy, just have always thought spitting was fun (and gross, and silly). In no particular order, some options:
    • Goliath Dungeoncrasher Fighter (because pushing stuff around is fun!)
    • Orc Ranger/Barbarian or Swordsage/Barbarian (yay for charging!)
    • Whispergnome Warlock/Rogue (yay for hiding!)
    • Goliath Totemist (I know you have one, but trampling always looked so fun!)

Any that might be of interest I'd be happy to build - any excuse for something to keep a bit sane.

Cheers, y'all. Hope you're all safe.
    Whispergnome is a no go (don't get me wrong I love them but don't want to deal with the hide). The rest and the spitter is ok, nobody is making an incarnate spitter so its an option.

Here this is the 16th day of total quarantine and the curve barely starts to slow down, but the US is not even a curve, it's like wall (no pun intended).

lets do this starting monday but lets also be realistic and aware of the circumstances.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'm just happy with the way my Governor is handling things in Nevada. Still sucks to see the Strip dark. And I miss my limo.

Also, ready to play whenever.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Here this is the 16th day of total quarantine and the curve barely starts to slow down, but the US is not even a curve, it's like wall (no pun intended).

lets do this starting monday but lets also be realistic and aware of the circumstances.
    You should see the log curve. Bypassing Europe in a matter of a week. And it's so stupid. People here just don't care. It's going to take masse death locally for them to understand, and by then it's to late.

Monday sounds great. I too have been locked inside since about the 12th. Our local country has had 2 confirmed cases, but we out in the sticks (which is contributing to the ignorance and uncaring, but also means my nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile away.)
    Baamaa lyh ayd so telg.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Zombie

So Ecks ain't done, but he's close. Just skills and a bit. Incarnate is such a meh class, but what the hell, I'm gonna give it a go.

What kind of 3HD corpses might he have run into? He'd happily animate a dead Ashworm, but I'm not sure dead ones are readily available ...

He'd gladly drown the sand trout for some melange, too. He does have the eyes of the Ibad, after all, being an Azurin.

:D
    Last edited by JanusJones; 2020-03-28 at 04:07 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

I have finalized gear based on this
    But we could limit the magic stuff to minor wondrous items of under 2000gp if that sounds better
    Bonnie should be done
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-03-29 at 07:31 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I'm sorry, I have been super busy lately and uninspired.

Will make a selection of players sometime tomorrow and see if i can set up the game to start on friday.

Hope everyone is healthy.

This international mess is just brutal.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Minor action to bump.
    Baamaa lyh ayd so telg.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

smile Re: 3.5 MoI & ToB game (filled)

Still here, still ready to go!